Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 16,012 reviews matching the search
Entry level position
Order Flow (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCApril 24, 2017
This is an entry level position that offers a rewarding place to work where advancement is possible. Local company provides a sense of security in the workplace.
Job is great, but the management sucks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gaffney, SCApril 24, 2017
Let me start by saying this- I love my Lowe's family. The atmosphere that my coworkers created is warm, friendly, and makes me enjoy going into work. The job itself also is great: flexible hours, decent time for breaks, most things in the store can be learned quickly, etc. Management has always been kind of iffy; however, it has gotten terrible in the past few months. The store is constantly understaffed, and the new employees that they hire are basically being paid to do nothing. There is also blatant favoritism shown by the managers to certain employees.
Fun productive work place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJApril 24, 2017
The pay for me was great but it goes by your experience so everyone's pay is different. Overall good job just slow depending on your position I would definitely recommend
Its ok
Load Puller/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTApril 24, 2017
Management needs to seriously get more organized. no real worthwhile incentive program. at least not for delivery team. manangement wants to hear "solutions". isn't that what they are there for? to figure out and provide those solutions
Pros
10% discoutn
Cons
always understaffed
good summer job for kids
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, MAApril 24, 2017
good summer job for kids in college. if you are looking for some easy money, this isn't a bad spot. the schedule isn't friendly because it is not a set schedule.
Great place to work for.
Dept. Manager (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXApril 24, 2017
Oversaw the department’s employees, maintained daily, weekly, monthly quotas, monitored vital statistics report, routine price audits, and summary division reports ensuring inventory accuracy and completeness following the guidelines of OSHA and Company policy. Certified Forklift and warehouse equipment operator.
Pros
Great companie to work for.
Cons
No regular days off that are set.
Resonable Place to Work
Delivery Driver (FT) (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAApril 24, 2017
Great for those who like working in a warehouse-type setting. It is what you make it. You get out of the experience what you put in. Their compensation is very competitive and the benefits are great.
Pros
Coworkers are pretty fun people
Cons
Recent management restructure
fun place to work
Receiver Stocker (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INApril 24, 2017
The Goshen Lowes was a good place to work at. Enjoyed it. My co-workers and boss were great. Had a great General Store manager. Overall a great experience
Installed Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 24, 2017
I worked for Lowes part time for a year before a restructure pushed me out of my department. After about a month I received a substantial check in the mail. I called prior to cashing it and they confirmed that it was my unused vacation, holiday and sick time.

The team work was phenomenal. Occasionally you get the "angry customer" but we all worked together to make each shopper's experience an excellent one. Again... great place to work.
Pros
Direct customer relations, opportunity to see happy customers
Cons
Working Friday and Saturday nights
Trades Payable
Trade Payables Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCApril 24, 2017
A typical day was that you stayed busy and learn new thing everyday, learned how to deal with people on the phone each day. The management was good. I had three different management to answer too. The hardest part was sometimes you didn't now which management to listen to because they all told you something different. Then one day they did a lay off and they did away with my job so I got a servant package. I enjoy working with the co-workers.
Good experience.
Power Equipment Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXApril 24, 2017
I had a good experience working for Lowes. They are a fantastic company to work for with many opportunities to advance. Balancing work and home wasn't hard to do. I would definitely work for them again.
Great working environment
Receiving manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 23, 2017
I really enjoyed this job opportunity and would work there if given another chance My supervisor was always open to suggestions and a great team player.
to many games, not very professional
Millwork Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 23, 2017
to complicated for this space besides I do not think they really care to hear of any problems caused by their management staff. ..........................
Pros
it is a job
Cons
it is a job
A diversified company good to first job seeker
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAApril 23, 2017
Lowe's is focus on Customers satisfaction and thrive to help people improving there home living. Lowe's also valued employees benefits and safety.

The work shifts for Lowe's employee typical week will included one to two opening days, one to two middle shift days and one to two closing days. That makes Lunch or dinner change time nearly daily.

Though I got every Sunday off, after four years working there but that prevent me from promotion then.

I enjoyed working with the people, customers there. but there is no future for me. if I am not available on Sunday.
It's retail.
Customer Service Representative/Driver (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAApril 23, 2017
A typical day would be assisting customers with product and answers, putting stock away and keeping your dept clean. Customer service is imperative. It's retail so there's a high turn over rate.
Hardest part of job is learning about all the products in your dept and assisting with other depts.
Home improvement
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 23, 2017
Spent 13 years with the company. it was great until they lost the culture. It seams like they are trying to get it back. I would recomend it to someone if they are looking to start a retail career.
Pros
salary, bonus
Cons
a lot of hours
fun place
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  tucson azApril 23, 2017
fun place to work lots of great people hardest part of the job is the rotating schedule but easy to get used to overall I can say i was happy to be employed there for 13 years
Friendly environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAApril 23, 2017
Worked in outside lawn and garden. Learned to drive forklift. Loved co workers. Fair workplace, but employees are mostly part time. The days went by pretty quick in the spring.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Minimum wage pay
Awesome place to work
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 23, 2017
Loved what I did there. I would work with customers on many levels of their repair, replacement or just new homes. The customers are what make this place awesome.
Pros
good benefits and 1 hour lunch
Cons
there are some clicks you have to work around
Terrible store and corporate level management
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 23, 2017
The company has "evolved" in such a way that there is no room for advancement at the store level. There are opportunities to receive bonuses, but new corporate rules have made it nearly impossible to achieve.
Pros
Company provided insurance
Cons
No advancement opportunities