Lowe's
8,326 reviews

Lowe's Employee Reviews

Pretty good employee experience
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers/management, the actual work isn't hard, free lunches here and there.
Cons: Store can be short staffed at times, not enough loaders, can be a hassle to change your availability since HR isn't always there.
A typical day at work would be clocking in, hopping on register in the front, garden or lumber area. Depending on shift, lunch break 4-5 hours in, 15 minute break 2-3 hours in. I pretty much refined my cashier and customer service skills. Co-workers were great, management were cool. Hardest part of the job would probably be when a customer brings an item up with no bar code or when your shift is short staffed so you have to service long lines. Not too bad, however. Most enjoyable part of the job is when they feed their employees. They have had a cookout on memorial day, chik fil a catering, water ice/pretzels etc. in the past.
great work envionment
customer service (Former Employee), Conway, ARJuly 1, 2015
Lowes was great place and great environment to work at, loved the people and got along with upper management well, hate it was only for a seasonal position
Great Experience
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Live Oak, FLJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Meet a lot of interesting people, great company to work for
Cons: none
Learned a lot about people and project selling. Great customer service oriented job. Managed people, inventory and cash controls.
Busy place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Nampa, IDJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Fun people
Cons: Ling hours
Working at lowes is a busy place to work. There is always something to do weather its working out in the garden or up in the returns desk there is a bunch to do.
a goog job with good people
Sales Associate & cargo receiver (Former Employee), Highland, CAJuly 1, 2015
unload trailers and divided all the freight by department on plastic pallets and take them out to there department and stock freight that's running low on supplies and also fix and make it look suitable for customers to access what they need.
GREAT
Facility Service Associate (Current Employee), Camden, SCJuly 1, 2015
GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND I WOULD TELL ANYONE TO WORK THERE. BECAUSE YOU CAN MEET A LOT OF NEW PEOPLE AND LEARN NEW SKILLS. SO IF ANYONE ASK ME ILL TELL THEM GO FOR IT AND MAKE IT A CAREER OUT OF IT.
Not able to sustain their own employees
Garden Associate (Former Employee), Frederick, MarylandJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Flexible Scheduling
Cons: Lay Offs
They over hire for several areas of the store, and then cut back hours and fire people to make up for the huge payroll deficit versus labor demand.
Customer Service
Cashier (Former Employee), Bronx NYJune 30, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: Short breaks and short hours.
Working at lowes was fun. It had its downs and it ups, But enjoyed working helping customers. And watching them leave with a smile on there face for the customer service I gave them.
My work history and statement of rating for Lowes
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Westminster, COJune 30, 2015
Pros: I like working with customers
Cons: Gossip mills
I have worked for Lowe's since 1997. Lowe's bought out the Eagle Store I worked in, in 2000. I have worked in the following departments. Paint and Home Décor, Inside Lawn and Garden and Hardware and Tools. In all of my years working for Lowes I have been engaged in Lowes mission statement of offering as much of my expert customer service but now that I am 65 I would like to find a new job which is less physical
Great Seasonal work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Mayfield KyJune 30, 2015
The company hires a lot of veterans for temporary seasonal work. Work week is usually 23-30 hours per week. Managers are good to work with.
Management was fun and energetic
Cashier (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 30, 2015
I enjoyed working here but due to family circumstances I had to resign. The company actually cares about the workers and understand that everyone has difficulties in life.
Great Company Really Good Benefits
Cashier/Customer Services Associate (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJune 30, 2015
This Company Has great Benefits yet very rewarding. I Could Balance my home life and Work.Cashiering is great the customers are very Nice Considering they are contractors Painters Ect.
Great place to work for
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Hazard, KYJune 30, 2015
Pros: good co-workers and bosses
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed working for this company because I could go at my own pace as long as I would get my job duties done. However, I would constantly stay busy so that I would get my job done in a timely manner and there was always something there for me to do.
Never a dull moment.......always an opportunity to improve.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Monroe, LaJune 30, 2015
Pros: Tenurred staff that could adjust to any situation
Cons: work/life balance
Working through a daily routines
You could advance through Lowe's with hard work
Managerment was well trained on how to handle all sutuation
My co workers were like entreprenuers
The hardest part of the job was delivery
The most enjoyable part of the job was making a customer smile and seeing their before and after results from a project.
Very productive
I ended as a Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee), Union City, TN 38261June 30, 2015
Pros: I learned to be balanced in what I can do.
Cons: I learned how to save my money for the future.
I ensured my work place was neat and clean to work in. I assisted the customer in finding the right products they needed. I really enjoyed seeing a smile in the customers face after receiving the right assistance they needed.
Cool Place To Work
FORKLIFT DRIVER/GARDER CENTER ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: Understaffed at times.
Lowe's was a great place to work. Hours continued to drop though, so I had to relocate from NC to TN. Other than the hours, there were quite a few times we seemed to be understaffed. I can remember a few occasions such as weekend sales, just a few employees scheduled to work were being swamped by multiple customers at a time.
Provided good work area and tools
Assembler (Former Employee), Temple, TX 76501June 30, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: High turnover
Good solid company, but bad communication and follow through between nighttime and daytime management. Had to move product left by nighttime crew before being able to access my work area. This was addressed with Store Manager and HR with no results. Took at least and hour a day out of my work schedule to move product left by Night crew. Much of the product I needed was carried to the floor when I had designated places in my work area. I had to wait to get a department manager to get the product back to me for assembly.
Job secuirty and beneifts
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Santee, CAJune 29, 2015
Staff get along very well, and the benefits are great. Ability to move around and improve on skills through out the company.
Great place to work with friendly staff
Sales Assocoate (Former Employee), Johnstown, PAJune 29, 2015
The staff were very easy to work with and if you needed help on a task, everyone was quick to chime in. I spent most of my time working the front end of the store and handling customer purchases.
job
Credit Coordinator (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJune 29, 2015
Pros: staff was great
Cons: time frame for job consideration response
i really liked my job, moving to north NC and trying to secure employment in the corporate office proved to be difficult, after being considered for a position since 4/18 to find out almost 3 months later that you are no long being considered for that at position is heartbreaking.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more

Lowe's Salaries