Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 18,536 reviews matching the search
It's not the best
Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 23, 2017
The management is to strict and make people feel smaller than they really are the hours get cut down all the time I went from 40 plus hours to not even 20 hours in two weeks
Pros
Good pay and meeting new people
Cons
Management, hours
Recommend anyone to work here
Lead Stocker/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 23, 2017
Fairly easy going from day to day
I learned how to operate a multiple number of powered equipment.
The management is ok, a better effort needs to be put forth in that department
The workplace culture is ok
The hardest part of the job is doing other people's work when they slack off
For the most part I enjoy working at Lowes
Pros
Advancement opportunites
Cons
High turnover, Some people are lazy
Nice company to work for.
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJuly 23, 2017
I have been a human resources coordinator with Lowe's from the last few months. Great company to work for, but pay and advancement are areas the company needs to work on.
Pros
Good benefits, great culture, good morale
Cons
low pay, lack of career advancement, poor management
Technologically the company needs growth to keep up with market demand.
Store Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 22, 2017
Typical day at work consist of putting out fires because the company is not in touch with software advances of todays time.

Processes require multiple steps to completion. With the right technology many of those steps would be obsolete.
Pros
10% employee discount program. Rotating Schedule
Cons
work life balance. Long hours
Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJuly 22, 2017
Lowe's is a great company to work for. The restructure has changed some things up however, if you are in management as SSM then it's preparing you to move to the next level.
Fun workplace when busy
CLAMP DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJuly 22, 2017
Regular days at Lowe's are not as busy, we help out each other so we can finish all our work, i have learned how to work in every department, the hardest part would be the heat, which i don't mind too much.
Pros
Gaterade
Cons
expensive snacks
competive but laid back
Customer Service Associate Tools (Current Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXJuly 22, 2017
good place to work and good benefits, I would recommend Lowe's to other people that are looking for a good job that is flexible with students and people working multiple jobs.
Great Coworkers!
Human Resource Manager & Business Partner (Current Employee) –  MarylandJuly 22, 2017
Lots of potential for growth. Many Employee Appreciation events throughout the year. Lowe's is continuously making changes to keep up with the industry.
Pros
Challenges and Growth
Cons
Benefits are expensive
Great employee's
Electrical Por (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJuly 22, 2017
Did stocking and taking care of guests for all of their electrical needs. Always maintaining a clean and safe work environment for customers as well as co-workers. I learned to help residential and contractors with all of their needs. The culture was diverse in Arizona, and one that I truly enjoyed. The hardest part of my job was really nothing. I love to work with people and it was great to help so many get the satisfaction on all of their purchases.
unprofessional
Appliance Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJuly 22, 2017
there was a lot of racial profiling and favoritism towards white cashiers over black. A lot of the older full time workers are very rude and don't act professional when in a work setting.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
managers suck
Great starting place, great benefits, would go back
Sales Specialist Plumbing (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAJuly 22, 2017
Overall I really did enjoy working for Lowe's, and i would definitely recommend Lowe's as a great starting place for anyone getting into the work force. With the recent changes I felt my chances to grow in the company were diminished, so trying to make a career out of this company would be difficult. Other then that I would go back and I do enjoy the company as a whole
Busy place, always something to do
Morning Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 22, 2017
Work was pretty early in the morning, and was usually 6 hours. Learned about what different products can do, plus pros and cons of products. Management was great, real friendly guy. Workplace was fine, although everybody worked kind of solo in my department, since it's pretty big area. Hardest part was definitely moving heavy stuff up up a ladder to the storage shelves. I did often like the quiet of working by myself, and there was always something to do. It was fun helping in other departments occasionally.
Pros
Always something to do
Cons
Walking up a ladder with some pretty heavy stuff
Seems rudderless
Customer Service Associate and Paint Pro (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 22, 2017
Ever since Lowes decided to get rid of department managers, seems like there is no course. The Sales Service Manager position was not well thought out.
Pros
The people I work with on a daily basis.
Cons
Lack of leadership.
Can be a fun place.
Customer Service / Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Staunton, VAJuly 22, 2017
I am in charge of all cashiers and equipment. I have to schedule breaks and lunches, call in employees when we have call outs, help with customer issues, keep customer flow up. Help with other departments, keep carts in, train new employees.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
No Longer have job security
No help empty departments
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stony Brook, NYJuly 22, 2017
Stand all day no help no one to help give breaks no management you come in and no one gives u any idea of what they want you to do for day hours are terrible
A day in lowes
Sales Specialist Millwork (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 22, 2017
A typical day in lowes would amount to me doing my job and then being handed issues in other departments because my managers didn't know how to fix them.
Overworked and underpaid no recognition
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 21, 2017
I think the concept of Lowes is great however when it comes down to it money seems to be all that matters. I think the effort is there. too many chiefs BUT now got rid of managers, made things worse. Not sure where Lowes is going. Need more employee recognition and Corporate Schedule system is horrible! Need to make employees feel like they have some control over their environment. Customer Service trumps EVERYTHING. That can be good AND bad. Management in the store does not listen to their employees concerns at all and lets slackers stay which doesn't make sense for the hard working people. The pay increases are AWFUL. Yes there is the typical standard measly pay but there should be reviews and if an employee is doing s good job then a larger pay increase is what is needed!! Keep the good people and your company will succeed care about your employees more and culture.
Pros
Good medical benefits, even part time gets benefits!
Cons
treat your hard working employees better
Fun but overworked
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COJuly 21, 2017
I've enjoyed working at Lowes, mostly due to my co-workers. They make the job! I've also enjoyed many opportunities to learn, and there is A LOT to learn in order to do your job well. The work is physically demanding but keeps me in shape. Recent restructuring has really taken its toll on overall morale. It seems we are forever short-handed, which also takes a toll.
Pros
Opportunities to learn, bbqs & potlucks on holidays, awesome staff
Cons
Poor scheduling, understaffed, work on weekends & holidays
Lots of opportunites for self development and growth
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC- NEW YORK, NYJuly 21, 2017
I started in 2007 as a part time associate as a loader and really enjoyed it. Within a year I was promoted to a full time associate and a few months later stepped into managment. Overall the company taught me alot and you approach certain situations with the knowledge that was gained over all the years.
You get healthcare.
Customer Service Associate, Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 21, 2017
If you are full-time, you work for healthcare. The pay is just above "why bother" level and they are looking to cut employee expenses. Advancement is limited.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Too much work, not enough people