Lowe's
8,308 reviews

Lowe's Employee Reviews

Job secuirty and beneifts
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Santee, CAJune 29, 2015
Staff get along very well, and the benefits are great. Ability to move around and improve on skills through out the company.
Great place to work with friendly staff
Sales Assocoate (Former Employee), Johnstown, PAJune 29, 2015
The staff were very easy to work with and if you needed help on a task, everyone was quick to chime in. I spent most of my time working the front end of the store and handling customer purchases.
job
Credit Coordinator (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJune 29, 2015
Pros: staff was great
Cons: time frame for job consideration response
i really liked my job, moving to north NC and trying to secure employment in the corporate office proved to be difficult, after being considered for a position since 4/18 to find out almost 3 months later that you are no long being considered for that at position is heartbreaking.
great co workers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Norwich, NYJune 29, 2015
Pros: good co workers
Cons: no advancements for those with experience, only non experienced people get a promotion
All and all its a good place to work if you never want to advance anywhere in the company. full time is hard to get, always seasonal jobs
Good part time job
Building Materials Associate (Current Employee), Vista, CAJune 29, 2015
I usually begun by operating the forklift at 5:30 in the morning, then cleaning my department making sure there are no safety hazards. After that signing off on the daily safety checklist.
I learned how a company generally works, especially in retail.
Management was okay, it seems the workload for the managers becomes easier the higher they become in the company.
The hardest part of the job was being understaffed in my department, to be specific.
The most enjoyable part of the job had to be communicating and getting to know the other associates.
Sales
Project Specialist of interiors (Current Employee), Woburn, MaJune 29, 2015
Pros: Compensation, commute, love what I do
Cons: tough schedule, long hours
Fast paced aggressive sales job. Must be self motivating and a go getter. You learn how to juggle and multi task.
Love my completed Projects.
I enjoyed working at Lowes because I love helping people
Home Improvement - Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXJune 29, 2015
Pros: good management
Cons: none really
Lowes was a fun seasonal job. A typical workday included helping customers with finding what they needed for the particular project they were doing, doing inventory, driving the forklift and loading merchandise into customers cars.
Retail/returns Desk
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJune 29, 2015
Pros: Discount and learning
Cons: closing every weekend
A typical work day is processing merchandise customers return, making sure its not faulty and all the equipment is there. Answering the phone processing internet orders, and making sure the area is clean and neat.
hardware
Casher (Former Employee), Newberry, SCJune 29, 2015
Write your reviewJob Work/Life Balance
fun place to work since it is outside and you get to interact with everyone.
Outside Lawn and Garden Associate (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJune 29, 2015
Pros: good working inviroment.
Cons: it would get really hot in the summer
a typical day would consist of carrying out bags of mulch and bricks and loading them in the customers car for them. When the day is over it was time to re-stock the shelves using a gas lift or cherry picker fork lift. i learned the different types of soils and mulch. The management was great they would answer any question anyone had. I had plenty of help from my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was carrying stones and loading them when they were to heavy. The most enjoyable part of the day was being able to interact with other people on a daily basis.
retail is retail
Department Manager (Current Employee), Orchard Park, NYJune 28, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: no decision is final in retail.
This was a great learning experience for me - taught me a lot about big box thinking and how impressed I was to learn of the advancement opportunities.
Driving truck
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Ontario, OHJune 28, 2015
Pros: working outside
Cons: had to work in the store sometimes.
Being able to get out and do deliveries and meeting people and also driving the flatbed truck and operating the lift truck.
Best place to work, good pay for college students
CSA- Front End (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 28, 2015
Pros: Hour breaks, Nice people
Cons: Short staffed, hours vary
Flexible, laid back, great management. Loved the free lunches if went without work-related injuries. Great people to work with!
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Akron, OHJune 28, 2015
Pros: Great place to work just didn't pay well.
Cons: Working outside in the cold if they needed you too.
Love being aroud people and interacting with customers. Over time they become your second family. The down side was working outside in the elements during the winter months with no kind of heat provided. I am a very freindly and outgoing person and that store in perticular the people that worked there were not all that friendly. You would go to the break room for lunch and others would be there but, no one spoke to each other. I found that a little strange.
nice people to work with
Loader (Former Employee), Vidalia, GAJune 28, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: they lay off
the people at lowes was nice people, management was not good though. also enjoyed being around the customers who came in daily
managing employees
MANAGER (Former Employee), san antonio txJune 27, 2015
Pros: meet all kinds of people and help others
Cons: short breaks sometimes no breaks
I was a front end manager, so I would manage just about thirty employees a day, manage customer complaints, complements and concerns. make schedules, order inventory, write out paper work and open and close the store.
Fast paced and customer driven retail salesorganization
Customer Service Associate II (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CAJune 27, 2015
Pros: Good company to work for, Customer driven sales, Great benefits package.
Cons: More part time and seasonal jobs than full time, Pay compensation is average at best, A part time position usually is 20-24 hours per week, but that is trimmed back to 12-16 hours during off season
Hard work in most departments. Day goes by quickly. Learn something new every day. Local store management is for the most part very good. Hard workers notice who the slackers are. The inside temperature at the locations is reportedly controlled by Lowes home office. Customers constantly complain how hot it is inside the store.
The best part of the job to me is helping a customer find what they need and being thanked for my help.
good place to work
customer serve (Former Employee), riverview flJune 27, 2015
the job was busy and keeps you motivated. friendly work environment and lots to learn from upper management. The co-workers are friendly and open minded.
Great Environment
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Lithonia, GAJune 27, 2015
My work environment fluctuates between fast and slow. You meet new people in all types of business so you learn alot. Managers know their job and are not afraid to teach others. My co-workers come from all different backgrounds and diversities. The hardest part is making sure that customers get product in a timely manner so if a truck is late coming we have to make adjustments. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the customers.
An engauging work environment with usefull training programs and approachable coworkers and supervisers.
Customer Service Associate I (Current Employee), Conroe, TXJune 27, 2015
Pros: Employee discounts.
Cons: Not enough health insurance coverage; and not many hours.
Although the benfits are lacking for part time careers, I have found the work environment to be comfortable. The line supervisers and administration are both accomidating to help meet my needs as a husband; and as an employee seeking to further my own career by providing traning and personal advise based their own experiences.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more

Lowe's Salaries