Lowe's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,536 reviews matching the search
Average place to work in retail
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 1, 2016
Average work experience but retail just does not suit me. Staff in general seem to do what they can as a whole. Receiving has good hours, and I am comfortable with the job.
Installer / Sub Contractor (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 1, 2016
Good place to work. Learned about flooring and how to manage them when in the home. The hardest part of the day was when I would get to a job and the material would not be right or available to do the install.
Customer service driven
Garden Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 1, 2016
Sell merchandise. Product variety. Capable management. supportive assistance. Amount of work to pay. Helping customers find their proper products.
Pros
Reasonable hours
Cons
Stress of making a sell
Can be a great place to work under certain conditions
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDMay 1, 2016
Unfortunately the Lowes location I worked at suffered from poor leadership as a result low morale and dysfunction trickles down into every aspect of work-life. Avoid this place if you can
Lowes
Sales Floor Speacialist (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAApril 30, 2016
Whenever I got in to work it was lets get started on something. There was a few of my co-workers that where not motivated to work hard, so they just half did a lot of things. The management is not the greatest they do not communicate with there employees very well.The Assistant Store Managers communicated very well the department mangers did not give any direction. I have learned a a lot so far from working at Lowes, such as all the different kinds of materials for building certain projects. The hardest part about this job is not being able to have a set schedule. The most enjoyable thing at this job is helping people and seeing them happy when you find them the right product.
Fun work environment
Outside Lawn and Garden Associate (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 30, 2016
I would arrive at 4 in the morning to prep plants and stock outside lawn and gardening supplies.
Management was enjoyable, would always arrive with a smile and enjoyed their job.
Co-workers were very enjoyable to work with, we had a good plan set up for how to get threw the day.
Lots of physical work and required to work outside in poor April weather.
I enjoyed working at Lowe's a lot. I learned a lot about plants and outside lawn and gardening work.
Awesome Company With Great Career Advancements
Night Stock (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVApril 29, 2016
Busy atmosphere, high energy is needed when you work there. Meeting new people every day, mostly every minute. There is always a customer in need or something to be down stocking or selling. The management is always on point, they strive to make sure the store is running smoothly. They have great customer service skills and great store operating skills. The hardest part of the job would be just walking the concrete floors every day, it's a very rewarding place to work.
Great Place To Work
Installed Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHApril 29, 2016
Working for Lowe's has been great! I like the management and my co-workers. Shifts are very good to work around. Everyone is helps out if you have any questions.
good place to work with great employees
Lumber Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Glenville, NYApril 29, 2016
It has been a good place to work with a lot of great people working in the stores that I have been in. Days can be very busy with customers and trucks coming in. Great team aspect and everyone works well as a team.
have a lot of fun there with customers, and employee's.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oaks, PAApril 29, 2016
Learned a lot of new thing's on the computer, and other power equipment. It's a corp. enviorment, but once you get past all that it's a good place to work, I wait on cust, stock shelves, run the power equipment, order things for cust., and keep our dept. in order.
Pros
They give food for certian accomplishments, have holiday parties, special sale's at Christmas
Cons
Corprate, need I say more.
Hard working Place with a Great team
Team Member Receiving Dept (Former Employee) –  North Vernon, INApril 29, 2016
Every day working here was about the same. it was a lot of hard work but everyone was working hard and pushing one another to get the job done. The people I worked with really carried a family heart as a team and encouraged one another to work hard to get the job done. the hardest part in working was just the labor but having a great team to back you up made the job worth it.
Pros
Great working Environment
Cons
The work was pretty intense
Tampa fl
WORST COMPANY EVER (Former Employee) –  Tampa flApril 29, 2016
First of all the company was doing illegal tax exempt transactions. Even after knowing this the staff continue to do it because they didn't feel it was a big deal. There's a lot of Gossip a lot of drama. The management is very and skilled and has an I don't care attitude. The store manager told us in the company meeting to throw stuff into people's baskets where they were not looking because people are stupid and they wouldn't figure it out anyway at the register. There's no morals no integrity. It explains why there's such a huge amount of turnover. It's a great place for lazy people. And they get away with doing practically nothing for the customer.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Environment stressful
Great place met very interesting people
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  DurantApril 28, 2016
Checking customers out making sure they found everything they needed for the DIY projects. Enjoyed working in all departments.
Friendly environment to work in.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shallotte, NCApril 28, 2016
I loved working at Lowes Foods. Co-workers were very pleasant, supervisors and managers pitched in to help when needed. Everyone was treated equally.
Pros
Loved my co-workers.
Cons
Grocery store itself was a little outdated.
good place to work
, Dept.Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, KYApril 28, 2016
work load is fine truck days can get busy but that just comes with it. .Most employees are fine,To much Drama for me. Most management will help you to move up.
Good place to work had excellent benefits
PSA (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2016
Typical day at work involved either setting up new merchandise or resetting existing merchandise had good team of people I worked with our manager was very good at her job and if you ever needed help she never said no. The hardest part of the job was sometimes it involved extreme physical labor and the part of the job I liked most was the schedule
Pros
schedule, company benefits
Cons
hard to advance within company for the positions I was intersted in
Productive and fun workplace
Store Associate/Truck Unloader (Current Employee) –  Front Royal, VAApril 28, 2016
Lowe's Home Improvement is a wonderful fantastic place to work. My usual day at work there consist of unloading the truck Sun-Thur 5pm-10pm. My coworkers are great to work with and management does a wonderful job at ensuring that all of their employees are doing their jobs correctly and having a great time as well.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
N/A
High intensity work place
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALApril 28, 2016
Good pay but very intense task orintented open too many days a year weekends and nights required would go back to work for them
good job
Performance Instructor/Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAApril 28, 2016
great work schedule great incentives management does not really speak with team members and not understanding of people lives and the situations that occur in every day life
good
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCApril 28, 2016
overall great company just some management limits your forward progression to move up within. its hard to move up because not alot of movement within. they hire alot from outside instead of within promotions