Lowe's
5,204 reviews

Lowe's Employer Reviews

great place to work
Millwork specialist (Current Employee), Arlington, TXApril 18, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
work well with school sched, help if you had any problems, vacation, promotes within
Great work place.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Wadsworth, OHApril 18, 2014
Pros: great job, 401k
Cons: slow duering the winter
mostly helping customers and make shore the sore is stocked with inventory. Good co-workers leaned about a lot of different home improvement products.
Fast-paced, interactive, fun place to work. Fellow employees helpful and friendly
Kitchen Designer/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lincolnwood, IllinoisApril 18, 2014
Pros: extensive benefits, product and design training
Cons: working in more than one department
I would have 1 or 2 appointments with clients in various stages of project. I would spend time following up with clients I had given proposals to. I would talk to vendors to monitor deliveries and orders. I became proficient in 20/20 kitchen design software. I learned and used order management system. My department manager was helpful, motivating and – more... supportive. The hardest part was managing clients who I was working with to take time to assist walk-in customers.The most enjoyable part was taking a client from inception thru design, order, delivery and completion. I built trusting relationships with most of my customers – less
over all good
Receiver/ stocker (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAApril 18, 2014
ok to work for but the workload to your team ratio wasnt up to par they kept way too small of a team for their receiving team and often we would have to skip our break just to be able to finnish our work before the shift was over
nice place to work
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAApril 18, 2014
Lowe's is a good place to work, did not like the commute nor late hours
Management is very inconsistant. There is little to no training.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 17, 2014
Cons: benefits are expensive and horrible, management doesn't communicate very well with staff
The hardest part of the job is figuring out which policies the management on duty is going to decide to follow on that given day. They all do their own thing and it makes it hard to do your job when you have multiple people telling you to do different things that contradict each other as well as store policies.
Lowe's
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee), Bartonsville, PAApril 17, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: inconsistent management, no set times off.
I didn't like working for Lowe's for many reasons. There was never a set time off, it varied from week to week. There are too many managers involved which makes it hard to make a final decision on anything. And, most of the policies and procedures are unreasonable.
Great job
Customer Service Rep./ Cashier (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2014
Friendly co-workers, advancement possibilities, flexible hours
great environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Madison, MSApril 16, 2014
its a great place. THe people are friendly and its always a pleasure to help the customers.
fun work enviornment
Cashier (Current Employee), Vincennes, INApril 16, 2014
i have a great time working at lowes even though its not really what i want to do with my life.
Great people
Pre Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 16, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, people
Cons: work life balance
Great place to work, smart people that know what they are doing, and excellent pay and benefits.
Friendly coworkers and very cutomer oriented
LTL Stocker/Receiver (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 16, 2014
Everyone helps each other out and works as a team. Very customer oriented, the customer always comes first and is always the priority
Productive and fun. Team like atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 16, 2014
Pros: lunch break, good people
Cons: benefits, and different seasons mean less hours
I basicly cashier for the first half of my shift then i go to wherever they need help.
difficult place to work
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Madison, INApril 16, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not enough help
average place to work - learned a lot about management - seems like big box stores looks for reason to let you go rather than train you the way they want you to work
Typical big box store with opportunities at a decent living
Sales Associate and Department Manager (Former Employee), Grandville, MIApril 16, 2014
Lowes is a cool place to work if you are a student or without a degree of some sort. The store allows many to earn a comfortable living by following guidelines and taking direction. Not bad.
CASHIER, PART TIME (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2014
Pros: paid lunches and breaks
Ran the cash register including cash/credit card transactions, customer service, cleaned and stocked products on checkout lanes.
fun place to work
cashier (Current Employee), etown kyApril 16, 2014
Pros: good managment
Cons: differnt hours
overall a great place to work,good management and teamwork. we do our job but also have a good time
Cashier at Lowe's
Part-Time Cashier (Current Employee), Chambersburg, PAApril 16, 2014
Pros: employee discount.
Cons: no health insurance as a part-timer.
Working at Lowe's is generally a positive experience. I run a cash register, provide customer service and help customers locate items. I get along well with people and generally am not bothered by the grumpy customers. I try to be positive and friendly in all situations.
i enjoyed this job most
sales associate (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, ILApril 16, 2014
Pros: 10% discount for employees
Cons: part time work and wanted more hours
i enjoyed helping customers find items to accomplish project needs. most coworkers were pleasant to work with and management was very organized. it was a challenge handeling difficult customers at times but i am good with people skills.
Great company to work for
Delivery Helper (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCApril 16, 2014
Great company, great benefits, great people, great opportunities, great atmosphere, and great management

1 2 3 4 5

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more