Lowe's
6,967 reviews

Lowe's Employer Reviews

Rating varies by location
Weekday Team Member (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXDecember 25, 2014
I worked at two Lowes location. Where I was first hired at, I loved the management and job culture. Management were eager to help floor employees, and consistently gave encouragement to work harder. The store I am currently at is very disorganized, biased management, preferential treatment, (but again nothing due to company's policy, just managers in – more... place are not up to task on hand). It is not a career, in my opinion, but a job. – less
Customer Service cashier (Former Employee), Union City, CADecember 25, 2014
I did cashier and helped customer with account information. I also did management for the front end which required me to keep an eye on all the cashier.
Lowes is a great place to work.
Delivery (Current Employee), Alcoa, TNDecember 25, 2014
Pros: working for a great company.
Cons: retail
Competitive pay and benefits, flexible hours upper management is great.
Lowe's Home Improvement is an excellent placeto work with managers that care about their employees.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Spokane, WADecember 24, 2014
A typical day at Lowe's Home Improvement was stock shelves, help customers find products, and then help customer load products on to carts and in their vehicle. Manage encouraged every employee to do their best and help out when every needed.
Fun and Professional place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Norcross, GADecember 23, 2014
Pros: good pay and nice employees
Cons: expensive healthcare
My day at Lowe's consists of helping customers and running the cash register. Management at Lowe's is very nice and treat their employees with respect.
Daily Overview
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Richmond, VaDecember 23, 2014
Pros: hour lunch break, benfits, hours, learning opportunities
Cons: pay could be better
I have worked at Lowe's for many years and have enjoyed every one of them. A typical day includes working staff and helping customers fulfill their needs. Lowe's is a great company and I have no complaints.
The store has a pleasant and friendly atmosphere
Unloader (Former Employee), North Attleboro, MADecember 23, 2014
Lowe's is a pleasant and friendly environment to work. Managers and co-workers are respectful and helpful to not only customers but also to other co-workers I enjoyed learning new things such as the training for a fork lift license.
Challenging and rewarding but limited ceiling.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Wilkesboro, NCDecember 22, 2014
Pros: benefits, culture
Cons: limited ceiling, advancements are predetermined
Lowe's Contact Center can be very rewarding and challenging. It is the hardest department in Lowe's Corporate to work in my opinion as the fast paced environment is always changing. You have to adapt and continuously be on your toes.
Eh..
Department Manager (Former Employee), Henderson, NVDecember 22, 2014
Depending on the location you could end up with a good team or equally bad one. Bad associates tend to stick around and the better one leave. The management teams hardly do what they promise or say they are. Firing a person with attendance problems takes over 3 months because its like a 80 strike rule.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Norcross, GADecember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: not enough hours
fast learned, easy going,love the customers, sweet employees
a place to learn a multitude of different departments
Warehouse/Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Gautier, MSDecember 22, 2014
Pros: relax and enjoy my lunch and talk to my customers
Cons: not able to please the customers
trying to help needs
keep a smile on my face
trying to get along with other workers
stocking shelves and lifting 5 gals of paint
after my shift i can look back and see how the few i really made happy out way those i couldn't
lowes
Lumber Associate (Former Employee), Gainesville, VADecember 21, 2014
Lowes was a great place to work. great company, great benefits, great employees, made budget learned how to operate a forklift and get my certification.
Poor Management
Department Manager (Former Employee), Federal WayDecember 21, 2014
Pros: compensation. employee events
Cons: bad moral, no work/life balance
Once a job I absolutely loved. Turned into a job I never wanted to go to...
fun place to work if you like talking to people
Customer Service Sales Floor (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZDecember 20, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low pay and not good benefits
Overall not a bad job, just not much of a career job. If your young or retired its ok.
typical day at Lowes
CASHIER (Current Employee), Ocala, FLDecember 20, 2014
Pros: interaction with others
Cons: work environment is not the best
challenges include outside regardless of weather. Customers are friendly, and most want to be treated properly. Management wants rules followed. Usually not much is difficult.
Friendly place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), MODecember 19, 2014
Pros: long lunchbreak, friendly interactions, flexible schedule
Cons: expensive healthcare
Lowe's was an enjoyable place to work. I learned a lot about interacting with customers and retail. My favorite place to work as a cashier was in the Lawn and Garden. I liked working in the outdoors among all the flowers and garden plants. I learned a lot about how to grow plants and what the different varieties are called.
My co-workers were very knowledgeable – more... in their respectful departments and were helpful in answering any questions.
The hardest part of my job was working at the customer service desk when we were short-handed and the store was busy. I learned to multi-task in that environment. – less
good starting job to learn retail
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Hampton, NJDecember 19, 2014
Pros: knowledge
i learned a lot in 6 years ,,good place to work if management is good,made a lot of friends that i worked with and as regular customers,just have to get use to different hours and days you work,got to work weekends,,
Love :)
Customer Service Assoc. & Cash Office Admin (Current Employee), Belleville, ILDecember 19, 2014
Been here for almost 3 years and didn't think I would be able to stand a job this long LOL. I love the manangement and overall work environment.
fun work place,nice people,great managers
Area Merchandiser (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 19, 2014
Pros: good teamwork
Cons: everything was great
a typical day with the workers was fun,we help each other when our department was done we laugh told some jokes because we finished all our work early so we had time the hardest part of our job was saying goodbye because we got laid off.
Mgt hates lower employees, harassment and ridicule
Customer Service (Current Employee), Peoria, ILDecember 19, 2014
Pros: all current peoria, il employees trying to leave
Cons: eeoc claims, mgrs who make fun of thier employees
Very rude, horrible Mgt and most employees including Mgt are having relationships with co-workers and other Mgrs. Employees get fired weekly and it is all just under job performance. Worst HR in the business and the worst position and Company I have ever worked for.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more