Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 15,624 reviews matching the search
Very great environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMarch 29, 2017
Responsible for stocking, and merchandising products in department. Operated heavy machinery including forklift,stand up reach and operation lift. Help with any customer service.
Struggling work environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 29, 2017
The best part of my job is talking with the customers as they check out their purchases. I enjoy conversing with them and helping them pack their items. The trouble is that I have been their for a long time and I believe the company is not doing that well. Therefore I have had no title advancement only a salary increase.
Pros
Great Customers
Cons
No advancement
Fun Place to work
Pricing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 29, 2017
I enjoyed working at Lowes, I learned a great deal from the employees and the managers. I was able to do several different jobs while working for this company. They has great benefits for all employess.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Store Manager wasnt great to work with
A great job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMarch 29, 2017
I was an unfortunate victim of restructuring. I miss my job and would gladly go back. Lowes is a fun place to work. You build great relationships with your co- workers and customers.
Great Job
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Lowes Mcdonough, GAMarch 29, 2017
Lowes was a great company to work for as far as pay and duties. I was able to switch position numerous times taking on different roles an enjoyed each.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Constant quitting of associates
never work here
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAMarch 29, 2017
Hated this company. While the pay was good, the management was awful. I could throw up on the job and they would just tell you to deal with it. Not flexible with schedules and will laugh at you for asking for certain days to be unavailable. Sexually harassed on a daily and management did nothing about it. Hostile employees were hired and kept on even after they had altercations with other employees.
The work was good but most employees disliked their job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAMarch 29, 2017
Working there was great, I felt like there was a lot of opportunities to grow in my skills but had a struggle with the attitudes of my fellow co-workers. There was a lot of complaining among them which made it hard to stay positive about coming to work. Other than that I loved my job.
Good Employer
Service Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCMarch 29, 2017
Good employer with management that seems to care about people. The teams are managed will with a good ratio of supervisors to members. I enjoy working for Lowe's.
Great company to work for.
Sales Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDMarch 29, 2017
Worked with a group of great people.
Management was great with every aspect of family life and work.
Had great company parties.
Bonus incentive were great and motivating.
Pros
Flexable hours
Unloader/Lead Person (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMarch 29, 2017
I unload trucks and supervise 3 employees. I enjoy that Lowe's trust us to work with little supervision. I've learned how to drive and forklift as well as use a LRT gun. Overall I have no complaints about the company.
Pros
we work get through with the job at a decent hour
Cons
it's only a part time job
Good company to work for
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAMarch 29, 2017
You must be driven to succeed in management.
My experience has and is a positive one. Retail big box is not an easy avenue for those who want things handed to them. You must work hard and be consistent and results will happen. I prefer lowes over my home depot experience , mainly due to fair treatment and overall company's direction.
Pros
GOOD RETAIL BIG BOX COMPANY
Cons
TRAINING PROGRAM
work
Garden Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 29, 2017
the job was easy it was just that sometimes we were under staff on busy days and given no help. other than that some of the people there made it fun to come back to work.
Pros
activities, free food
Cons
work hard with less people, expect to much
Wonderful company to work with! Bad management
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 29, 2017
Wonderful company to work with and I love that they work with my busy schedule! I cant complain about the compensation because its wonderful as a student. However, the new management team isn't the most supportive of their employees or customers.
Typical Lowes environment
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 29, 2017
Over worked and underpaid. The workers who I call bee's bring in the customer's and sales; while management delegates. As a sales specialist you are pulled 50 different ways daily. You are in charge of sales, order management, teaching and training other associates, PSI and PSE leads, down stocking, cleaning your area, installed sales, assisting in other departments, lifting heavy appliances or products, load outs, putting out displays, putting out freight, cycle counts, DSHR, IRP's, solving customer issues, and even cashiering. Management walks around delegating all day and rarely helps out with anything. Management has no clue.
Pros
Co-Workers are like family
Cons
Poor Leadership from Upper Management
Promotions
Kitchen Sales Designer (Current Employee) –  Moore, OKMarch 29, 2017
With this company if you work hard and prove yourself you can move up in the company quickly. There are a lot of different jobs that you can do from Sales to Management to part time also
Great place to work if your a hard worker. (Management has issues with not holding everyone else accountable)
Customer Service Associate II/Paint Pro (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAMarch 28, 2017
Good place to work if your a hard worker. Some people will slack off and allow you to do their work and take credit. Management needs a serious revamp, especially corporate. The people make it a fun place to work, you really begin to feel like part of the team if you try. Customers can be difficult but also incredible. Depends on who you get, but that's customer service either way.
Pros
Free company sponsored lunches for safety days, Free medical health screening for employees, part time employees can get medical insurance.
Seasonal customer service (paint department)
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PAMarch 28, 2017
I think Lowe's is a great place to work. Everyone there gets along. I never had a problem with anyone. A typical day is you report for work on time and do your job. It should be like that everywhere, but at Lowe's, they do expect you to live up to their standards. Management was always upfront with me about that, and if I had a problem, they would always help me solve it. I always thought that there philosophy of doing right by the customer, was spot on. (Sorry soccer lingo)
Hard work for little pay
Delivery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 28, 2017
This job is hard work for low pay. The management when I was there was not very good, and not understanding of work life balance. Not something I would recommend if you have a family.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Not flexible
Not good for families
manager (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCMarch 28, 2017
Lowe's is a good company for someone that does not have a family life. The best part about working there were the people. Working for a major cooperation can be difficult
Great Company but still trying to find its direction
Administrative Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PAMarch 28, 2017
I worked for Lowes for over 12 years and was a job that when I got up in the morning I enjoyed go to everyday. I was in a management position so there were long hours but there were many opportunity's for advancement. It was a work place were u could work your way up to what ever position you wanted to reach for. I enjoyed the staff and working with other people who also wanted to be at their job (not there to just collect a pay check). The company continues evolve and I prefer to shop at Lowes as to the other competitors who provide same product at almost the same prices but Lowes provides better atmosphere and knowledgeable happy associates.....though with the last restructure the seems to be less visibility of them on the sales floor.
Pros
Work place where u can grow.
Cons
Long days on call