Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 18,623 reviews matching the search
Great People
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYJuly 26, 2017
The people I worked with were fantastic, but the supervision wasn't the best. Overall, it was a great learning experience for the type of professional career I am looking for long term.
Secure job
Sales Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Oneida, NY 13421July 26, 2017
Great place to work and gain knowledge. There are many opportunities within the company. I have advanced as far as I want to go and am looking for a better opportunity.
What i did
Drivers assistant (Former Employee) –  South Boston, VAJuly 26, 2017
On the days I worked I would walking into work and immediately would check to see if the days delivery was pulled from stock. If not i would work the fork lift, if needed, to get it ready for loading. I would load up into the truck with the Driver of the day and begin the drive to the customer's house. once at destination we would unload and bring it into the customer's home. on occasion we would also bring out the old equipment from their home and also do installs. if deliveries were done before my time to get off was done i would help in the garden section and help with display.
Okay
Loader (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 26, 2017
Great place with many people to know and work with and tons of opportunity to move up to something better everyone always willing to help customers on arrival.
Pros
Many place to work in departments
Cons
Very independent
The politics of the workplace ruined the work experience
Appliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJuly 26, 2017
I did my job well, outselling full time employees in Appliances, and did earn a promotion to Appliance Specialist, but from there, I ran into the "who you know" being more important than anything else. The workplace deteriorated more, when Lowes chose to fire many long time employees, or redistribute them in the store, in lower paid positions. They told those employees that didn't get fired, that they had a year to find a new job, or they'd be let go. Many were department managers or supervisors, which caused undue stress in the workplace.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
health care too expensive for part time employees
It could have been better
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Ballwin, MOJuly 26, 2017
Not everyone is treated similarly. Associates work hard, as do managers. Some are appreciated more than others. Not so much what you know, but how well you fit in.
good part time job
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJuly 26, 2017
worst thing is getting steady hours every week for the year

very few full time opportunities

fair pay for the job

management was fair and involved.
A great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 26, 2017
Great management and co workers. Getting to know the regular customers made the job very enjoyable. I would recommend friends and family to work at Lowes.
great place to work
Recieving (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, WVJuly 26, 2017
great all around and good people.
great workout on receiving.
friendly coworkers
I learned new perspectives.
unloading trucks and pulling pallets.
hardest part is getting everything done onetime
Workplace can be productive at times
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 26, 2017
Depending on who's working it can be a smooth job that day. Some of the higher ups like you think they are the big boss and do stuff that is not in the guide lines
great team to work with
Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Ruckersville, VAJuly 26, 2017
customer focused company, that strives to improve every day.
I have grow a lot here, they have given me the resources to help me get to where I am today.
Overall management is good, one area that could use some improvement is communication.
Pros
coworkers are great
Cons
n/a
NOt enough workers for the size of the store
Customer service, sales (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIJuly 26, 2017
Coworkers barely go out of their comfort zone of their area, let alone attempt to learn other areas. This would come in real handy when trying to help customers
Salaries seemed to be chosen at random, not based on experience
Company cut commission.
Commercial Sales & Kitchen Designer (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJuly 26, 2017
Company cut commission after I transfer into a much higher cost area with very little compensation. If I hadn't relocated with the understanding that I would making $20,000 more an year in commission and end up with zero I would have felt better. Although this did talk place Corporate wide not just with me.
Pros
Tranings
Cons
Shift work
Extremely "clicky" environment
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 26, 2017
All managerial decisions are based upon friendships and upon value of employee nor seniority creating a stressful relationship in the work environment
Stressful retail
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 26, 2017
Stressful and although pay is decent fhe work life balance isnot fair and rhe expectations of the employees by the company can be unrealistic, used to be a much nicer place to work before the restructure
General observation
Sr. IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJuly 26, 2017
Large company for career starter opportunities and ability to learn about the retail industry. Wide variety of roles and ability to work large scale programs.
Pay was fair, environment was fair, direct ASM horrible.
Back-End Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJuly 26, 2017
Clueless in role, no support, condescending, micro-manager. I left the company due to an incompetent, lazy, manager that skated by on their support managers hard work. Not a leader in any form.
Terrible
CSA-Outside Garden (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOJuly 26, 2017
Managers sleeping with employees, corporate does nothing about it and black list you for future employment. Also have a bad habit of randomly going through and firing for no reason. Especially management if they feel they're not making enough profit at a particular store.
Good Company
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2017
Lowe's is an excellent company. Fair pay, good benefits, and good opportunities to grow within the company. If you want to relocate, they have plenty of locations to allow the ability to move with the company.
Love my job
Sales Specialist Appliances (Current Employee) –  Bristol, VAJuly 25, 2017
Everyone is like one big family at our store ,we all help each other to help customers love where they live! They are just about always willing to work with you on your schedule if something happens and you need to switch with someone. Very fun positive work environment and lots to learn even after being there for two years I'm still learning every day!!!
Pros
15min brake benefits