Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 15,605 reviews matching the search
Hard work for little pay
Delivery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 28, 2017
This job is hard work for low pay. The management when I was there was not very good, and not understanding of work life balance. Not something I would recommend if you have a family.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Not flexible
Not good for families
manager (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCMarch 28, 2017
Lowe's is a good company for someone that does not have a family life. The best part about working there were the people. Working for a major cooperation can be difficult
Great Company but still trying to find its direction
Administrative Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PAMarch 28, 2017
I worked for Lowes for over 12 years and was a job that when I got up in the morning I enjoyed go to everyday. I was in a management position so there were long hours but there were many opportunity's for advancement. It was a work place were u could work your way up to what ever position you wanted to reach for. I enjoyed the staff and working with other people who also wanted to be at their job (not there to just collect a pay check). The company continues evolve and I prefer to shop at Lowes as to the other competitors who provide same product at almost the same prices but Lowes provides better atmosphere and knowledgeable happy associates.....though with the last restructure the seems to be less visibility of them on the sales floor.
Pros
Work place where u can grow.
Cons
Long days on call
busy, customer service oriented
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Crossville, TNMarch 28, 2017
Lowes is an awesome place to be inolved with. with the various departments that you could be eligible to work in, you learn new things every sinlge day.
Okay
Unload Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 28, 2017
Okay to start or finish your work career with these guys awesome company and decent hours just do your hob and everything else will fall in place customers will make your day!!!
Decent Pay, not enough staff.
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Claremore, OKMarch 28, 2017
Lowe's has good benefits and decent pay if you're willing to fight for it. But, there is never enough coverage and you are expected to do others work.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
terrible schedules, never enough help, bad management
Tough working environment
Waterer (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAMarch 28, 2017
Working at Lowe's was not an ideal setting if you want a steady group of managers because they changed managers over the course of a few months. The managers usually would quit to leave for another job elsewhere. However, they would occasionally have free food for one reason or another.
Meh
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 28, 2017
It has been so long since I worked here that its a bit blurry. I remember it was fun but the pay was awful as it still is I am sure. I would like to think this is a great place for a college kid to work.
terrible place
Lumber Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 28, 2017
I do not recommend working here, management is terrible. They work you hard and do not want you take a lunches managers having affairs with associates
Pros
meeting good people
Cons
no breaks
Great Company
HR Manager and Strategic Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCMarch 28, 2017
Great company to work for! They are willing to invest in their people through training and development. Their values and purpose are focused to aligned with both customers and employees.
Pros
Pay and benefits are great
Cons
Requires long hours

Want to know more about Lowe's?

Ask a question
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 28, 2017
I like working at Lowe's in Columbus,oh. because i got to interact with customers,help an providing good customer care service to all,my job required me to ring customers out, an also load an unload trucks at Lowe's
Pros
Work with good people
Cons
Managment
A Great Company and Nice People
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 28, 2017
I've had the pleasure of working at a wonderful company and learning some amazing customer service skills from well trained managers. Most importantly they take the time to explain whatever it is that you need help with and care that you have learned what you need to get all tasks completed efficiently.
Pros
Skilled Management, Great co-workers, Strong Team Player atmosphere!
Cons
Not very accommodating for those with a part time job (second job)
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXMarch 28, 2017
Straight forward and nice work ethic, management was great, they work with you. I was there for only a short time but it was a nice job, pay and hours were great.
Excellent benefits but the new personnel structure is repugnant!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 28, 2017
Excellent environment and amazing employee. Nevertheless, the new company policies and employee structure are terrible and ill-conceived! Whosoever conceptualized this new personnel structure ought to be terminated because they are unfamiliar with the inner-workings of the stores. Moreover, the new personnel structure is grossly inefficient and counterproductive. Virtually all my co-workers including the management team despised the new personnel structure. This is not an improvement but a regression and degeneration.
Pros
Excellent benefits for regular part-time employee
Cons
The new company policies and structure are terrible and ill-conceived!
Fun Place to work
Installed Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMarch 27, 2017
Great co workers, fun place to work. Always something to do, never a dull moment.. Medical and dental benefits. paid time off. closed on Christmas and Thanksgiving .
Benefits
Cons
Very routine work day, repetitive.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMarch 27, 2017
My typical day at work consisted of handling the cash register. I spoke to different customers and suggested different products to conform to their needs.
understandable. Good people. Feel like family. Flexible schedule
Unloader (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMarch 27, 2017
Lowes is one of the best places i' ve work. They respectful and they make you feel like family. Im so happy worked there. Manager are little special. But they are good manager and undertandable people.
Customer focused, friendly sales associates, mostly knowledgeable associates.
Team Leader/Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLMarch 27, 2017
Focused on superior customer service and going the extra mile to make sure customer was taken care of. Associates attend product knowledge training seminars. Associates assist one another in neighbHoring departments.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Would like more support from management
Great place to work!
Sales Specialist - Flooring (Former Employee) –  Deltona, FLMarch 27, 2017
Lowe's provides it's employees with excellent training and advancement opportunities, the atmosphere and culture is positive and fun. Great benefits and compensation. Can be fast paced but rewarding experiences helping customers with their projects. Typical day is not routine, always a new challenge. I learned that given a push, I could achieve amazing things.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, culture.
Cons
Company was ramping up a lot of structural/procedural changes. Need to settle on a path.
I enjoyed my job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Troutman, NCMarch 27, 2017
I worked for this Company for 8 years and Loved it the hours were bad from time to time but overall Good Job.
Training was awesome and the customers were not bad either for the most part. Would Love to go back to them if I could.
Pros
Good Training, Pay, Benefits
Cons
Long Hours, Company Restructure