Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 9,677 reviews matching the search
Is just a job and a steady paycheck. You must be part cheerleader and like guidance-counselors too, if you want to thrive there.
Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mooresville CorporateApril 9, 2013
Current Trends:
Lowering pay, increasing hours, 80% overall negative engagement by IT employees, hypocrisy rampant from management, serious effort by management to outsource core IT development and have employee SME's "manage" the out-sourced teams.

Typical Day:
Well, for employees in IT, your typical day will consist of about 3-4 hours of meetings-- if not more. Yet you will still be expected to get your actual work done. Talking is very important at Lowe's... you must "collaborate" and socialize with others often. Your job DOES depend on it! Consultants actually do all the work I guess, since they are paid a premium. It does pay well to be a consultant there, literally.

There is normally some kind of weekly (if not daily) "Lowe's Cheer" where everyone is supposed to cram into the cafe and do the cheer like you are in high school. It's a big deal for them. That's normally around 8, and expect to stay until 5:30 or 6!

Seriously, when I think of a typical day... I can't think of anything other than all the dang meetings... so yes, you meet and meet and meet and discuss, ad nauseam.

What I learned:
I did learn some impressive standards for coding, but that was only the style of the Project Manager at the time. It is not a standard of Lowe's in particular. Speaking of which, expect a TON of shuffling around. They re-organize about every 6 months it seems...

Management:
Middle management is COMPLETELY incompetent and only interested in their numbers. They micro-manage. They are UNDER qualified... most of them have degrees from community colleges or online degrees. What does
  more... that tell you? Yes, they might have technical experience from some other company, but Lowe's wants middle management to only look good on paper. They say they want to get away from command-and-control, but my manager was totally that. He even scheduled meetings with me to go over my grammar and syntax in my emails/blog-posts, and I was a double-major in English at a real college! Man what gaul and shows the mentality of most management there.

Middle-management are all akin to high-school guidance counselors... now that I really think about it. I'm sorry but that's an epic fail.

Management is completely close-minded and the command-and-control style is STILL around there. Prepare yourself to be micro-managed if you work there, which some people apparently need. The culture is NOT open... they only want "yes men" and if you don't continually espouse how awesome Lowe's is... it really does go against you. You cannot critique anything-- be warned. Not to your manager (he/she won't follow up), nor within the company blog-of-chaos, nor anywhere else. And diversity??? You must be of a certain nationality as that is the ONLY diversity they promote and celebrate--- PERIOD. If you are anything else... you don't count as "diversity" except on paper and for HR propaganda purposes.

Co-workers:
Some are really awesome but you have to do trial-and-error to find them. Most co-workers are foreign-born and have huge problems speaking English like you are used to. It really is an issue-- communication... so a great skill to have would be to pick up and study Hindi before you work there.

Important FACT: The most recent confidential employee survey... fully 75% of regular employees are ACTIVELY LOOKING FOR WORK ELSEWHERE!!! What does that tell you?!! And this is not a fluke, it's a growing trend and that number has been steadily increasing for the last 5 years. Management is desperate to hire you, yet their attitude is that there are 100 more applicants for your position.

So unless you are a "zombified yes-man" then you will not work for Lowe's for long.

Oh yeah... documentation for all their systems? LOL.... don't count on it. They don't document anything, and when they do it is a complete disaster and total chaos-- basically worthless. It's not important to management. Never has been.

Hardest part of job:
Dealing with low (no pun intended) standards for documentation and deliverables. Impossible to be agile, though they tell everyone they are... changes take FOREVER to occur and are late if ever when they do happen (except for changes in upper management which is frequent in IT).
Dealing with management and their refusal to listen to really valid, really poignant employee suggestions.

Most enjoyable aspect:
I was shifted to a different group during the last re-org. They (Lowe's and my micro-encephalic manager) REFUSED to train me for the new position. I complained... and got punished for it! So I learned to sit there and wait for my time to go home, which is the best part of my day. That, and the open campus so I can go for a drive if I really need to get away from all of the above (especially that really bad, but good-on-paper manager).
Pros
the 10% discount at lowe's stores.
Cons
hypocrisy rules at lowe's. and the 10% discount at lowe's stores isn't really a discount.
Could be better, but is not.
sale associate (Former Employee) –  west tennessee storeMay 25, 2013
I was a part time associate and my work hours used to be scheduled by a person but a computer system came in which scheduled automatically. It sucked.
Often I found I was scheduled to close, finishing at 10pm, and open the next day at 7am. These shifts required you to work hardest. It took me more than one hour to drive between the store and my home, so I was often left with less than six hours sleep between shifts. Even tho I asked about rescheduling nothing happened. I was late a couple times but never got wrote up.
In the dept I worked there were six people total. Of which half were full time and half were part time.

Other associates I worked with were mostly great but there were some slackers who took every chance they could to avoid working as hard. Even the Pro Associate in one dept was a slacker and took his time doing anything. One hour for lunch and he often took 90 mins, he had 15 min breaks which he took 30 mins. As soon as another associate came in to work the dept, he hands over the two phones (wireless as well as an iphone). Nobody ever wrote him up or discipline him even though from what I heard most every body knew about it, they just let him do what he wanted.

In my dept six people gradually went to three because two left and were not replaced, and another was moved to another department. That meant me (part time) and two full time associates. Even though we were busy with customers and had to stock shelves and tidy our zones, some things could not be done in time. Guess what of course customers came first because they pay our wages. So stock was not put on
  more... shelves in time or things were not tidy. The boxes of things that cost upwards of $80 were dusty on the shelfs because of the lack of cleanliness in the store which was old.
The night stocking crew did not help by putting too much on the shelfs or putting top stock in the wrong place. It was so much hard work that could have been not necessery.. Then the schedule system schedules the first person in the dept to come in at 8 or even 9am, so that was two hours with nobody there and still lots of inventory to put on shelfs before 11am as well as attend to customer.

But the store manager never made allowance for that and wrote some bad memos to the dept manager about tidy zones and such. She was not in touch with what was happening and none of the duty managers seemed to be interested.

There were two department managers who were really on top of things and knew how to get things done, even though it seemed the store manager was trying hard to make it a tough job.
The regional sales guy would fly in, kick up a storm, and then fly out and leave ordinary associates to make the best of what changes he suggest.

The best thing about the job was the customers who mostly were great and respectful and grateful for the help that associates who knew about products gave them. But there were more who did not know than those who did know about how to use or instal things, so they did not always get the help they needed.

When displays and shelfs were reset to new layouts, they often did not work because there was not enough space for items to be put on shelfs or hooks, and new products had no space available and had to be sqeeze in some place and made the whole display highly unattractive. All that kind of thing was suppose to be ' ' organised ' ' by Head Office but the people doing the organising didn't have a clu what the actual stores were like.

Lowes have a policy to accept all kinds of stuff in returns even though it is obvious fraud, like people return $400 lawn mowers in fall after using them since early summer, but still get complete refunds. It's easy to do that but hard to take the attitude when you know the customer is cheating.

I worked in retail for many years and think Lowe's has gotten too big that it can not do the job properly. It could be different if the company paid attention to its associates but it does not.

I left after three years and was tired of the whole thing, even though customers thanks and appreceation were often given to me, it seems that the management were doing their level best to make it worst.
Pros
faily good rate of pay, above min wage
Cons
often work without breaks, poor staffing, poor merchandising, poor scheduling, managers out of touch, head office out of touch.
The people are wonderful, Management not so much.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Westland, MIJanuary 26, 2016
A typical day at work would be to help any customer in need that approaches you or comes into the store, give them a kind, valued approach and find out all of there needs while they are with us in the store. Second comes to beginning and completing your tasks throughout your day, whether it be down-stocking product from our steel racking, to doing tasks around the store your manager assigned to you, to helping out other departments with there tasks, usually your days consist of a work list of some sort.

I have learned many things with being with Lowe's. I managed to learn how to operate powered equipment, more product knowledge in home improvement that I anticipated. I have learned that I love working around people, and helping customers in need, and I as well have learned Shipping & Receiving which I was the Lead Receiver for 2 years.

Management is not something I could give highly reviews on, feeling scared to be around a manager is something I wish to not be a part of again. I always heard if you keep busy, do what you're suppose to be doing, as well as try to improve yourself and make things better and more efficient for the good of the company most managers will stay off of you and stick behind you. I wish for a manager to talk to me like a human being and treated like one. Not somebody of slave labor or a person who is small or below them based upon there hourly wage or there position in the company. Most companies I feel stress to there managers to not be this way to there employees, but in some ways with Lowe's I feel it never got through to corporate how much
  more... somebody doesn't deserve to be in a leadership roll no matter how many complaints they get, and no matter how much paper work can be on somebody the trail would never come to an end. I feel management needs a huge with Lowe's and the way they approach finding there managers. I will always gladly do as a manager asks, or any task a manager gives, to the point I try to show I want to make room for improvement myself so maybe I could get a little further with my company as well and take on further responsibility because for me there is only room to grow. Management can always try to work on improving but whether some people say it or not, some do not wish to change, and it shouldn't take years and years to take further action on somebody with multiple upon multiple complaints.

My co-workers are the greatest part about going to work. They are the essence of what keeps my store and my employment with the store in line and feeling alive. People that have real personalities and can feel like you can be yourself around no matter how you are as a person is what keeps people wanting to stay anywhere for any employment. The greatest part is how thankful so many of my co-workers could be. I could have conversations for hours with my employees and have fun and still be able to manage to get all my tasks done and have time spare to start other projects or tasks. If somebody is kind to you and you get along with them and work directly with them I am a firm believer in the fact that somebody will work harder because of such positive smiles and laughs around you as long as you keep your mind on what needs to be done and follow through at the same time.

The hardest part of the job is at times is being tasked with things that personally should not fall on to you being they are not part of your job. It's one thing to help somebody with there job, but with my store I am asked at times to do even 3 different jobs that are usually held by certain people to get those jobs done. At times I think it could be because of my work ethic, but it is not fair to the people that already have tasks to get done throughout there day and it sets them really far behind and at times you will have a whole work list to get done throughout a 9 hour day and because you're pulled to do different tasks all around the store by different managers that somebody else should be taking care of that leaves you sometimes with 2 or maybe 3 hours to get either half or the full list of tasks that you were suppose to get done. And then your direct manager will lecture you or have a talk about why you can't complete your tasks and when you explain all the other tasks you were asked to do by different managers through the store your direct manager still will seem they don't understand when sometimes somebody else's task apart from your own work list can take an hour or maybe even an hour in a half to 2 hours to complete. And your pulled by multiple managers throughout your day and yet somehow your direct manager won't understand even though they know it's what goes on they take further action on it acting like it does exist.

The most enjoyable part of my day is when I can directly work with customers and they seem very pleased to get any help at all and they can leave feeling they have really been helped and taken care of and say they would love to come back all the time due such an excellent experience they had working side by side with me. One customer one time told me if all my co-workers were like me they would have no problem coming into the store at any time. It makes you feel like your job really can be worth fighting for at the end of the day, as if you're really making a difference to people.
Horrible Place for Contract Work
IT Service Desk Contractor (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJanuary 13, 2015
Lowe's has a growing number of Corporate Offices or "Customer Support Centers". As of 2015 Lowe's has 5.

Unfortunately, Lowe's typically has a 65/35 contractor/employee ratio. Almost all "entry level" positions are contract positions. These are open contracts which set no expectations. I worked for their IT Service Desk supporting both Store and Corporate users. My hourly pay rate was $16 (the contract agency makes $23.50) the latter is on par with what the employees (formerly known solely as Support Technicians) make to do the same exact job.

Lowe's IT Service Desk is undergoing some restructuring, the "Open Contracts" are being replaced by 6 Months Contract to Hire. If a recently implemented Associate Technician position is available, that contractor will be converted. The hourly pay rate for an Associate Support Technician is about $18. If you've read the above paragraph, Lowe's is actually saving money having less contractors but clearly it is more beneficial to Lowe's. However, HR and upper-management has not approved the creation of 100+positions in 12 months. (The contractor positions have not be re-purposed or eliminated). As of January 2015, about 5 months in. Lowe's has converted only 11 contractors to employees and hired about 3 times the contractors in that same period. In addition to hiring about 30 more contractors, as of this month Lowe's is hiring 40 more before the season ends. By that time, we would have about 120 contractors. Oh yeah, only 25 positions were promised to begin with and only 14 remain. To sum it up, things have gone terribly wrong.

When I
  more... started in 2013 the pay for all positions were highly competitive but the workload has increased since Lowe's is moving towards a One Service Desk Model. Groups previously known as Hardware, Store PC, Software, Corporate and Merchandising are being combined. Unfortunately, Lowe's is not compensating any of it's workers anything more for roughly 2-3 times the work load.

A contractor and an Associate Support Technician have the same exact responsibility but an Associate Support Technician can receive training, attend meeting and company functions. This is also true for Support Technicians but they also make outbound calls and handling escalations. Yes, that is right. Contractors do not typically receive any training! *I'll get to that in a moment*

Lowe's was sued because they had contractors getting paid $13/hr and employees getting paid $10 more an hour to do the same exact job. Not much has changed only small differences between positions.
Where the difference comes in is in training, meetings and overall treatment. I've seen the company make a 180 in a full year. I have spent the majority of my career as a contractor and never have I seen such a divide in the work place.

I'm not usually the one to pull the race card but I do not believe this is a good work place if you are African American or if you belong to other ethnic groups. There's no diversity, Caucasians make up 90 percent of the workforce.

Also, its worth noting Lowe's has no problems throwing money to hire additional workers. What's sad is it takes 3 mediocre workers to replace 1 good one. This is noticeable.

If management does not like you, you will be fired but just not for that reason. I've also seen people converted who did not know how to do their (any aspect of their job) Lowe's is fearful of another lawsuit and will not be honest about these practices.

Many people are fearful to not come across as a pest or problem.. With NC campuses being located in Wilkesboro and Mooresville (little to no great jobs), Lowe's has managed to embed into the minds of workers that they need the company.

I will say that Lowe's is very flexible to your needs and will give you a schedule that works for you. They are open to ideas pitched as far as that goes.

When I started, Lowe's had the most positive workforce but I'm not to certain that the restructuring will attract the same workforce. Most of the Analyst have fled to other internal positions.
Retail is not the place for the up-and-coming IT crowd
IT professional (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCMay 14, 2012
One may think a big-name like Lowe's Hardware would be an amazing place to dabble in the latest and greatest technology - it must take a ton of great stuff to keep a company in the top Fortune 50 running with 1500+ stores and tonnes of data. Sadly, it's not the case, and I have learned it is common with many other enterprise-level IT jobs in retail environments.

A lot of the technology was custom, home-grown, wonky, and antiquated...but also utilized some minimal hardware and lean software to complete a lot of tasks. Virtualization was nonexistent and the company was growing in IT with more "keep the lights on" mentality than researching the latest technologies. Some neat new POC's came up but the ultimate problem was related to a mixture of putting out fires most of the time, the combination of "IT is the bad guy" mentality, and of short-sighted (and good-ol-boy style) of management.

Corporate HQ was located in middle of nowhere north North Carolina (Wilkesboro), but relocation put me in Charlotte with expectations of moving their operations closer to where I'd be living within 60 days. Almost 2 years later, I was still commuting 2 hours each way to their old, dilapidated HQ building where only IT employees were located; all marketing/merchandising/sales and non-IT management were in the Charlotte area in new HQ building (I've heard that IT has finally moved to new HQ). Days would start at 5AM on a commuter bus and not finish until 7PM or so. And usually expect a significant amount of after-hours work. IT as a whole was constantly on the back burner of the corporate recognition
  more... - we were often left out of major events and company-wide appreciation perks because we didn't directly bring in money to the company.

Benefits were run-of-the-mill. Pay was slightly sub-par I've found, and most positions were not bonus-eligible. We weren't able to work remote and had accrued sick time. Discounts in the store were the same as any other employee. They had recently just launched domestic partner benefits but didn't feel to be the most open work environment to being homosexual.

A typical day in Lowe's IT was putting out fires. Lots and lots of fires. A single store having problems would take precedence and happened more often than not, and took away time when trying to complete enhancements and projects. On-call was pretty hectic but rotated amongst team members. The various support teams and engineering peers got along well; we all worked well together and would hang out occasionally after hours. We weren't really allowed training opportunities. Management was very top-down and didn't work well with suggestions or concerns of employees. More often, they would act very buddy-buddy amongst themselves but very elitist and holier than thou to the non-management members of the teams below their pay grade.

I guess it was a learning experience to know that a big name and company doesn't mean it will always be forward-thinking for IT. It was cool to be able to walk around a store anywhere in the country and know that you were on the smallish team of people keeping them running. I had a good team of people who got along well and would help you out whenever needed. But the lack of appreciation, IT growth, and training made it very tough to stay much longer past my relocation requirement.
Pros
working for a fortune 50 company, good team-mates, custom environment and components was challenging, domestic partner benefits
Cons
lack of appreciation as a whole, sub-par pay and bonus benefits, no work remote capabilities, elitist management, old-school mentality towards change
Stable employment.
Customer Service Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Covina, CADecember 18, 2013
Lowe's is a stable employer. This employer is flexible with their hours and will accommodate any needs in which their employee may request. A typical day in my department (Customer Service Desk) includes answering multiple phone lines, multitasking, processing payments, returns, invoices and internet orders. I am also responsible for following-up on customer deliveries and providing customers with information regarding special orders, dates and times in which their orders will arrive at the store, faxing and e-mailing manifests to our third party delivery services. Communicating with vendors regarding customer orders and relaying that information to the customer in a way in which it is easily comprehended.

Management is for the most part friendly; however the opportunity to advance or be promoted to another department is often over looked or unfairly given to under qualified associates. Pay is just above minimum and hours are often cut for part-time employees. Full-time employees only receive 39 hours and are often cut shorter than 39 hours when the associate closes the store due to the fact that we are often asked to clock out 30 minutes to an hour early.

I enjoy working with all of my co-workers very much. We all work as a team, communicate and collaborate naturally. It seems more like working with family rather than working with acquaintances. We each do our part to make the other person's job easier. I enjoy helping my co-workers with any task or question in which they may have or may be struggling with. Usually my co-workers will come to me if they have a question that
  more... needs to be clearly answered, if they need a problem solved or even when they have an upset customer. These people are my favorite part of coming to work every day and keep me going.

The hardest part of my job is continuously keeping composure when phone lines are ringing relentlessly. In this position one must not become flustered or over-whelmed easily. We must always keep cool and collect. There are several times a day when we must deal with upset, angry, aggressive, and impatient customers; we must always keep a smile on our face and do whatever it takes to have the customer leave our store with a smile on their face and satisfied with our service. The main objective is to keep our customers happy and loyal to the company. One must be able to handle high amounts of stress and not take things personally. We always have to remember that it is all about the customer's experience rather than our own.

The most enjoyable part of my job is solving complex problems with my customers. There are times when customers may come in with questions regarding their orders. Sometimes there are customers who will come in who had specially ordered a product a week ago and still had not received a phone call regarding their order. They will come in confused, frustrated, and feel as though they were in a sense abandoned. It is our job to figure out what happened with the sale and the order and why they were not notified about it. At this point we must investigate the problem. We must call the vendors and probe them with questions in order to get answers for our customers. Once we gather all of the information, we must relay it to the customer. Once the customer feels better about what is going on with their order and feels as though they can go home knowing they were taken care of, our job is done. In other words, I love knowing that I helped a customer to the best of my ability and that they left the store happy and eager to come back and purchase more items because they know that they will be well taken care of.
Pros
paid 15 minute breaks, one hour lunches, family-like environment
Cons
cut hours, little promotion opportunity, unfair treatment by management
Would not work there again... EVER.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 3, 2015
A typical day at work was coming in, clocking in, and ringing up customers until either a break or you left for the day. Coworkers were like a family, while management... Rarely got involved with the registers. Instead of jumping on to help when the store was short-handed on cashiers(A common occurrence), they called short-staffed departments to send people they couldn't spare up to the front to jump on registers, and then questioned why nobody was helping customers on the floor!

The most enjoyable part of the job, I found, were coworkers and some of my customers. I could chat with coworkers, and make my customers smile by helping them and diverting frustrations with a self-depreciation joke.

The hardest part of the job was part of what I learned - Lowe's will LIE to part-time employees while cutting their hours! After the implementation of 'Obamacare', management began to tell me I could not go over 25 hours because that was now the law for part-time employees. IT IS NOT, as otherwise several other companies, including Wal-Mart, would be paying fines left and right. Meanwhile, despite a company-wide policy of nobody going over 39 hours a week if full-time, seasonal employees got upwards of 45+ if they so wanted it. Management were also unwilling to work with schedule change needs - If you took the bus to and from work, and one of the buses you needed to catch didn't run on Sundays or stopped running before you even got off work, they didn't care. So if you can't drive, either because you are legally not permitted due to health reasons or because you can't afford to, unless
  more... you can find somebody willing to take you to and from work and impact their OWN sleep schedule for THEIR job, you're screwed.

After 6 1/2 years, I was also unable to advance past part-time cashier. In that time, I put in MANY applications within the company to either become a full-time cashier or even a seasonal person in a department, and got maybe 4-5 interviews, at roughly one a year. I'm very well acquainted with their rejection email! They also stopped doing transfers about 3 years ago, so if you HAVE to move to another state like I did, and this is something non-negotiable, regardless of how much experience you have, you may as well quit, as first you have to hope the store you need to move to even has an opening for your position, and then if it does, you have to put in an application. And if you get a rejection email? Oh well! My experience was that I had to do that, and when I asked the district HR what to do, she told me to have my store HR put me on a temporary leave of absence. As she wasn't in again until the day after my last day, I went back in the day after to do it... And she had already removed me from the company system! So hope your store HR doesn't do that to YOU!

The co-workers are great, the customers are great, the policies and management leave a LOT to desire. Were any of them ever even part-time cashiers, or had to try to make a living on 25 hours a week? What does it say that after 6 1/2 years, I was making roughly exactly what I'd been making when I started in take-home pay?
Pros
Hour-long lunches, coworkers are like family
Cons
Cashiers are overlooked when a store is praised, very hard to advance from the registers
WE'RE A FAMILY AT LOWE'S . . .
Customer Service, Flooring Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOAugust 9, 2013
My daily routine while employed here was not really so terrible. I loved the actual work that I did quite a bit. If you are the type of person who enjoys learning specific, hands-on details and the technical foundations of why something is the way it is, and enjoys building a relationship with customers by passing that information along correctly to them, giving them a sense that they can achieve whatever they have in mind, a Product Specialist at Lowe's might be the ideal job for you.

But I learned more than mechanical details there. In fact, I believe that my understanding of psychological manipulation has doubled since I have been employed here, based on my observations of management, other employees and the corporate system. Most employees here believe that customers make their jobs very stressful and that the other Lowe's employees, both above and beside them, are their family. I've often encountered this within small cliques at many other business, because it tends to happen naturally amongst human beings, but nowhere have I seen it so generally dispersed.

That sounds like a good thing! It did to me too at first, until I realized how heavily manufactured this sentiment is and how it's used to maintain company loyalty. I am sure that most reviewers of Lowe's would glow regarding their family, even if they were black sheep. But do not expect the management to be open with you here regarding what they truly anticipate from your performance, if you aren't simply showing up to collect your paycheck. This method of coercion comes directly from the top. They nudge you in the
  more... right direction like they would their own small children, often using other employees to do so, like a mother bird pushing hatchlings from a nest. Words seem to be an outmoded way of conveying their message, unless they are indirect, flatteringly general or spiteful. Most of your fellow employees are there to simply collect their paychecks.

This facilitates a work environment where often more attention is paid to maintaining social rapport with other employees than tasks at hand. Multitasking made this feasible, but anyone not contending for friendship or a relationship received twice the workload. And this year it seemed twice a dismal, as staffing had been drastically cut in the wake of rolling store closures across the country and under the shift of corporate restructuring.

After about a month working there, and up until my last day there, I was having flashbacks from my high school days. Indeed, unless you are older and withdrawn, you too will become part of their family. Perhaps this seems right to you. If this is the case, I believe you will fit in well at Lowe's.
Pros
millitary discounts, quality products, brand loyalty
Cons
being a lowe's employee
Fun place to work that offers excellent training and advancement opportunities
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 26, 2016
A typical day at work starts with checking in with my fellow head cashiers to review the day's break schedule and to discuss any issues with cashiers, extra tasks to be completed, and plan of execution for the rest of the day.

The remainder of my shift is to ensure the smooth and efficient flow throughout all point of sales terminals at each of four check out locations throughout the store. I am to ensure all registers remain filled with adequate cash and change and receipt paper. Constant moving of cashiers to varying point of sales terminals to ensure customers are moved through the line as quickly as possible to avoid backing up of lines.

During the day I provide overrides for marked down merchandise, waived delivery fees, emergency delivery scheduling, an return authorization.

Since I am constantly moving from one side of the store to the other, I am always interacting with one of our 3,000+ customers that enter our store that day. Because of this, I have extensive product knowledge, can give pinpoint directions to virtually every product in the store, and am able to perform other tasks to help floor associates such as key cutting, providing loading assistance, and creating quotes, special orders, and assessments in any department in the store.

I am responsible for keeping the entire front end fully stocked with snacks, drinks, batteries, and the cash wrap areas at the main entrance as well as half a dozen end caps between the registers throughout the store.

It is my responsibility to fill terminals with money before the store opens and to collect tills
  more... when they have too much money in them throughout the day, and to properly empty all registers at close and deposit into the safe.

Throughout my nearly two year stay with Lowe's I have gotten to know dozens of associates that span all departments of the store. I have learned to communicate effectively with all associates and management to provide excellent customer service.

The hardest part of my job is the intense multi-tasking that is required to keep the front end running optimally, however this is also the most challenging, rewarding, and satisfying aspect of my job.

The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with customers and coworkers alike, and knowing I helped so many people find just the right product to help them love where they live. Seeing a customer leave the store with a smile on their face and a genuine "Thank you for all your help" is something that motivates me to be the absolute best at my job. I
Pros
Over a month paid time off per year, flexible scheduling, understanding peers and management
Cons
Rotating schedule sometimes makes getting adequate sleep impossible, busiest time of year can be quite overwhelming at times, sometimes I do not have enough time to provide as much training and assistance as I would like
Front End Cashier part time temp
Cashier Seasonal Front End (Former Employee) –  lehighton,paMay 26, 2015
Training was suppose to be for 2 weeks (this was stated in the interview). I was disappointed in the training program or lack of it. (other new hires told me the same thing- no real training-one girl said she had 3 hours).

You are basically learning from other cashiers and some are only there 3 weeks and do not know everything. The computer system-register is overwhelming and a manual and-training with a register that is not on-line would have been a better tool.

I was getting conflicting training which was wrong at times and I became rather frustrated as I repeatedly asked for a manual and was told there was none. I was put in Front End, Customer Service, Lumbar and Garden Center. I was pretty much doing the register myself but I did not understand a great deal with the Genisis program (very confusing).

Expect to have a small notebook with you(bring it on day one)- you need it for all the prompts. So many for so many issues. Every Cashier had one they made themselves.

I wanted to only work about 20- 24 hours but was given almost 39. I was told after being hired that 39 is considered part time. I wish I was informed in the interview of this as I was told originally that some people just want to work 4 hours a day to get out of the house(which was why I agreed to take the job). But on my first day another HR person told me that part time is up to 39 hours. I guess it was my bad when I listed I was available any time.

My schedule was all over 8-5 then 11-8 followed by a 8-5 then a 2-11. I had not expected to work until 11 at night when the store closed
  more... at 9 pm. I found out that Cashiers also have to clean up after the store closes (clean bathrooms,bring in carts,wipe down the area, sweep and then help the customer service sales people clean their areas up and move stock forward on the shelves).

Again, none of this was informed to me via my interview. I thought the latest I would work would be 9 pm.

Breaks where non existed. The first day I had two, the second I asked to use the Bathroom and then was told by another cashier that I should not expect any breaks when it's busy. I said what do I do if I have to go? She said "Well" I answered :Depends? she said "pretty much". This was a huge no no for me as I have a health condition from major surgery that can't follow such strict rules.

I loved the workers, they were all wonderful to work with and the pay was better than most places . The customers top notch!

I hated to leave and felt bad I did, but the lack of breaks and back to back hours, gave me no time for my family and had a huge impact on my well bring.

In no way am I saying this place is bad- it isn't. It just was not going to work with my life and health conditions.
Pros
Pay is great, co-workers wonderful, Management great!
Cons
Crazy Hours, little time for a personal life, no breaks.
Inviting Work Environment with Lots of Learning Opportunities
Administrative Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 9, 2014
A typical day at work while I was at Lowe's consisted of me counting the cash tills from the prior business day and completing a daily deposit for pick up via an armored car service. I would compile financial reports from the prior business days that included: daily cash sales, credit card and debit card transactions, electronic journal logs, cash register activity reports, and merchandise credit redemptions. All this information would be strategically placed and filed according to date and titled: "Daily Business" these reports would be kept for future reference and district audits. I would then order currency for store operation (I generally ordered money twice a week depending on need and customer volume). I would also research cash variances that appeared after completing the store deposit with the help of loss prevention and the electronic journal.

I would pull reports for our in-store credit cards and keep track of credit trends and promotions. This information would be used for our weekly manager's meeting, It was my responsibility to make sure the store was in compliance with district credit requirements. I would also keep track of the stores tax-exempt customers and help new tax-exempt customers file for tax exempt status within the store (contingent on the proper paper work) After all of these tasks were complete, I would help out, by running a register and dealing with customer complaint pertaining to special order sales.

I learned a lot while working at Lowe's. Although we changed management quite frequently (which is typical for retail) I always seemed to get
  more... along with my management team because they truly valued the knowledge and organization I brought to the store. I was a student at the time so I was unable to move up the way I would have liked to, but my management team seemed to admire my willingness to help despite my "status". The work environment was very warm and everyone seemed to be one big family. We all worked hard together and we took pride in our store. I think that was what made the job so enjoyable. Everyone genuinely cared about one another.

The hardest part of the job was the constant change in management. It seems like whenever we would get into the swing of one manager, they would leave and we would have a new, completely different manager. I have come to realize though, that consistently changing management is part of the territory with retail and after a while, it hardly bothered me.

Overall, Lowe's was a good company. The employees treated me extremely well. I was able to be myself, feel free to speak my mind and encouraged to bring ideas to the table. I had a strong sense of autonomy which is an extremely important factor in any employment setting.
Pros
benefits, flexible schedules, fast-past environment
Cons
changing management
Their Own Worst Enemy
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 31, 2013
I worked for Lowes just shy of two years. I was an exterior project salesperson and in that time, I AVERAGED 58-60 (some weeks over 70) hours per week, depending on the season. Remember: this is anywhere between 10-25 hours more per week than any manager ever worked. I had one of the lowest "spill rates" (appointments scheduled to appointments made) in the 119 store REGION. In 2012, I DOUBLED my sales quota and was on pace to add another 25-30% this year. Then, I had to go to the Human Resources Manager to complain about an assistant store manager (who NEVER had any business in that position) who utilized the "skill" of job threats as a means of motivation and also told me I needed to being doing MORE and, guess what?? They waited until I was on leave for my first child's birth, came up with "issues" that I had created (all of which arose while I was gone), and fired me ONE WEEK after my child's birth for POOR JOB PERFORMANCE. Then, believe it or not, they hired in a person who held the same position at another store in the same 12 store market (a significantly better store, demographically speaking), yet had LOWER sales than I did (according to the weekly sales email from corporate we got on Mondays, which was, in this case, the day before being terminated). Poor job performance yet hire someone who was selling LESS??? And, just for fun, they turned around and DENIED MY UNEMPLOYMENT!! It's fun to try and feed a child on nothing.

Not only do I not recommend working there, I don't recommend ever shopping there. They're so fricking concerned about losing even ONE CUSTOMER that
  more... they're willing to give that customer upwards of 50% off an installed project, yet they don't seem to get that, when they screw over ONE EMPLOYEE, they lose that ex-employees ENTIRE UNIT OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND ANYONE ELSE THAT VERY SAME DISGRUNTLED EX-EMPLOYEE ENCOUNTERS!

Maybe one day, store managers/assistant managers will have to abide by the same "code of conduct" that the employees (even though they're supposed to) and, in turn, be held accountable for their actions. I even went to the Market Director (considering employees are told there's an "Open Door Policy"), yet, once again, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENED. For a company that scurries about should anyone even mention "lawsuit", they are their own worst enemies when it comes to alleviating them.

See you in court Lowes.
Pros
very little
Cons
management accountability
High demand with diminishing reward from predatory management who place higher value on personal relationships and favors than work performance
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJanuary 14, 2013
Day to day tasks and work activities are often enjoyable and satisfying upon completion. Most co-workers are co-operative and friendly, facilitating a safe and productive work environment.
Unfortunately, you are run through quick, confusing and barely informative computer training before you are thrown out onto the sales floor to learn on the job. This wouldn't be so bad if the management was willing to answer your questions and help you through the poorly designed company inventory management and ordering system. Most often, when you ask management for help you will be entirely ignored/avoided or told to seek out help from another unspecified person. In order to learn you must find the other peer-level co-workers who have managed to learn the tasks and are willing to teach you.
Store and District Management constantly focus on the 1% that is bad while ignoring the 99% that is done correctly and well, unless you have submitted yourself to them as their inferior. If you do anything but commit yourself to being a "yes-man/woman" you will be subject to constant power trips where the management tries to belittle you and tell you that the job is never done right or that you are not doing enough. Constant miscommunication and personal agendas cause jobs to be done incorrectly, reworked multiple times, and/or completely undone on each manager's whim.
Store and even OSHA policy is either informally modified or ignored at a manager's connivence and then heavily enforced against employees they have personal issues with. HR does nothing to help the employees and only helps protect the
  more... upper management - most of the time HR acts as if they do not know anything or avoids getting back to you on a situation detrimental to management or the company.
The hardest part of working here has been disciplining myself to deal with the corrupt store/company politics and not bring the aggravations home with me.
The best part of working here was the fact that I pursued and finished my BBA while at this job. When I went to class and was lectured on how to manage a company correctly, I was able to go to work and experience first hand how, when all of those concepts and rules were ignored, a company could be managed horribly. I could not have imagined a better place or a better way to apply what I have learned in college to a real world business.

Comment – January 16, 2013

I agree totally. I could not have put it better myself! The majority of the associates work so very hard. Most like myself give 110%. Nothing is ever good enough. If you dont play the grey man and make any comment that is not that from a team player management will quickly find ways to write you up so they can find a way to make you so miserable you will quit.For team player read - suck up to the management! The management are uneducated - have no idea about 'out of box' thinking. They manage by intimidation and threat. If you are in any way intelligent they see you as a threat, Lowes are a pay check no more. Dont expect a company that cares - they are trying to change but the top corp management are so out of touch with the fact they have a whole strata of incompetent, predjuiced and power mad middle management that it will be a long time if ever before any changes are seen. They cant get schedules correct - HR are incompetent at store level and so much pressure is put on the ASMs - GMs by the DM that the whole place runs on fear. As for the Lowes morning meetings and chants what a joke - no one really cares !! constant Understaffing and an average staff turnover of more that 50% is the norm! During the 12 months I was with Lowes I saw 3 managers come and go in one dept alone!!! It doesnt matter if you work hard if you are not a 'team player' (see above!) they will quickly close ranks on you.

Where do i start?
Unloader (Former Employee) –  pensacolaSeptember 29, 2013
Let me say this starting If your young don't make a mistake and not go to school. YOU WILL REGET IT LATER. I think company are still making money but making there employes do 4x the work and they can talk to you like your nothing. I worked at 2 other lowes stores and not much negative on them really, The 3rd store I worked at Was a joke management was trying everything to make you feel like you where nothing, Management told me speak up tell them if somebody isn't doing there share, well i did.
Its sad when somebody 2x there age doing more work then them.
Store manger told me to mind my own business. The employes are more focused on what they will do on the weekend then there job playing on cell phones, There is people that will get away with a lot more then others. When I store opened they gave 2cars away YES 2 cars because we where doing good but everything changed, people where in a hurry to get stuff done. I was tired of unloading the truck a lot of the times, then after the truck have to do top stock, it was so bs. If your young save money to go to school so you don't have to keep working at place like this. I would suggest if your trying to get some extra money go into the appliances because they make extra $$$ like 25-150 on single things so it could help you with extra money if your a parent and like dealing with people. If you don't like to much people interaction you could be a helper on delivery it gets you out the store.
Who wants to work at a store where they feel not valued the company acts like they care but they don't. I have seen so many mangers leave one store
  more... because the store manger isn't liked. I got a product not going to say any stores or anything thing but the Store Manger was trying to being so rude when I got transferred to him, I was extremely upset and was ready to walk out but i didn't.

One who likes to work fast but not much customer interaction would include
Unloader/Day Stock/Delivery/Assembly/PSA
These are easy if you know how to do your job and can do it fast

One that likes people interaction and usually in a department
Paint
Flooring
Front end
Alot of customer service

oh BTW most retail places have a open door policy, Lowes is so bad they act like they listen and will help but they don't

I think they people at the top should be able to have thing where you can put in a box any complaints you have without being a trouble, now these company only care how much they make to get there bonuses include sales manger and store manger and most do its very sad

GO TO SCHOOL
Pros
decent even though i been there 5years at the time, 5mintues from home
Cons
bad mangement, alot of physical labor, verbal abuse from mangment cursing droping f this
Working at Lowes has helped me learn new sales techniques and become a more helpful and efficient employee
Sales Associate/Unload Associate (Current Employee) –  Morgantown PA and Pottstown, PA LocationsMarch 6, 2014
I currently hold two separate positions at Lowes. One being an Unload associate the other being a Sales Associate/Cashier. A normal day in the Unload position would consist of Unloading a large delivery truck consisting of about 1,200 individual boxes stacked to the top of the trailer stretching back about 50 feet. My job is to efficiently remove the boxes and distribute the boxes onto pallets divided into different sections for different departments. I am in charge of filling out the paperwork for the unload process and inventory. I also run a crew of two other less experienced unload associates and I am in charge of guiding them through the unload process smoothly, efficiently, and address problems as they arise. Although I am not in a management position these duties feel into place out of necessity as there is no freight manager on duty during my shift. The hardest part of the job is dealing with items stacked/loaded incorrectly in the truck. It is time consuming to remove these items effectively without damage to the items. For example two skids stacked on top of one another with a water heater and light bulbs on the very top hanging off the edge.The most enjoyable part of the job is my management and coworkers. There are many people surrounding you that make it fun to go to work. They also treat you pretty well there as you normally get a 15 minute break and an hour lunch in a 9 hour shift. The downfall to the unload position is that it is only a 4 hour day position in which you work at a very fast pace to unload the freight in time so a break is normally not in the picture  more... although it is the most labor intensive job at Lowes by far. In my other position at Lowes I deal with helping customers a lot more. I have learned to ask questions to find out the customers need behind the need and become a trusted adviser to them for the project they are working on. I recommend products and add on products that will help them with the project they are working on or if they are on a mission guide them to the appropriate isle where they can find what they need. I also help customers with understanding Lowes promotions, credit cards, and technology such as the Lowes consumer app. In addition to those duties I ring up sales on the cash register and address any other needs the customer may have in their buying process  less
Pros
benefits for full time employees, 15 minute break/hour lunch for full shift, management, flexible
Cons
part time has just been reduced to under 25 hours a week, some coworkers do not pull their weight and others have to compensate
Its retail and my oppinion it not a bad place to work. Not for a carrer.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZFebruary 21, 2013
I think that due to current economic issues that Lowe's likes to keep their profits higher and by doing that they cause many employee's to leave. They will reduce their payroll and have employee's working up to 12 hours.They lay off great employee's just to save their payrool instead of looking at the lasting effect on the company the individual could have. Another words they create many lost opportunities. They have a tendency to fire people realatively easily. I liked working their but their organizational culture needs to be revamped. Some stores are run by competetent individuals who care about their employee's and many that do not. It's a lot of work and the hours suck, it is retail. In general the employee's are hard workers. I liked the fact that we were able to help the consumer with all their home improvement needs. Management was a joke. I am a former Marine and I believe in being a leader. The crews I worked with were a joke. No one respected them and this caused loss of production and trust with management. I do like the benefits that Lowe's offers. I learned as a future business owner what not to ever let happen in my company. The hardest part was the inability to have teamwork. There was what I call lot's of I's. They are never happy with production. They believe that everyone that comes into the store should have spent more money and when they didn't it was the employee's fault. We were always to blame if sales were low for the day, week, month. You can't force consumers to spend money they might not have. It's like management doesn't understand any micro or macro  more... economics. Like I said, that was the hardest part. The work can also become very physical. Lifting 100 pound cement bags and boxes of tile. However, I did enjoy some of the friends that I made over time. I don't mean to sound like I am bashing Lowe's I did enjoy working there however, these are just some of the issues that were prevelant. I stayed so long because I was in college, other wise I would have left immediately. One thing that stood out was they did let me attend college but that was contingent upon my hiring.  less
Pros
free lunches on holidays
Lowe's at a glance
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Chicagoland, ILMay 18, 2012
Lowe's is a decent company with decent core values written into their structure. The failures seem to happen almost directly at the store level. At the store I worked at in-particular, we were run constantly on a skeleton crew and were not properly staffed to handle the tasks delegated to us. Management is utterly uneducated in regards both to basic Human Resources and Economics. On any given day you can expect to juggle upwards of four or five customers, often with little to no training on a subject. High rationale and logic skills are a must to simply not lose your wits in these scenarios.

Don't count on great training scenarios in Lowe's. Often you are thrown directly to the wolves, as it were to fend for yourself. They'll give you basic computer training courses to get done with little to no time to do them during work hours and discipline you when they aren't completed.

The pay scales vary greatly from minimum wage, up to around $32,000 a year for floor associates. depending on how long you've been with the company and what you were hired in at. Raises are paltry at best as of late. Some associates have even received fractional percentages of a raise.

Lowe's does a halfway decent job of finding skilled and knowledgeable associates frequently, but they are either overworked, underpaid, or treated poorly by management and end up leaving the company. Who can blame them?

So, good parts. Let's discuss those. The benefits are great. If you're a student, Lowe's will reimburse you for up to $2500 a year including books and tuition. They also offer great scholarships if you
  more... can get them. Their 401k is decent, if a little anemic in terms of options. The stock options are fantastic. You get a 15% discount on stock at time of purchase (every 6 months) which can lead to some fantastic gains nearly instantly for your investment. Health/dental/vision insurance is decent.

You also get an hour long lunch and two breaks a day (The latter is a "privilege" so don't expect it.)

Very few companies can offer these things and if you're willing to put up with a high stress environment for them, you'll enjoy it.
Pros
slightly above average pay, benefits, schedule is flexible.
Cons
management is uneducated and unqualified, stores are often greatly understaffed, training is lackluster.
Lowe's Home Improvement: Company Evolvement
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, New YorkSeptember 5, 2013
A typical day at Lowe's Home Improvement can be informative yet challenging based off the market and or store an employee works in. There are several different variables that should be taken into account to determine which Lowe's Home Improvement
store may be best for you as an employee. To name a few management, volume, demographics, and culture are some of the variables I would highlight as being important if I were seeking employment with Lowe's. For example, the stores I have worked in are predominately one race and demand specific educational skills necessary to perform effectively in most positions within the store. Unfortunately, the market as a whole suffers because the educational opportunities amongst the employees overall are significantly vast in comparison to the management team. I have identified that there is a disconnect amongst the shared communication between management and employees. There is validation for compliance programs. However, there is no validation for ensuring that communication being rolled out is interpreted and understood by the employees who need to receive this communication. This is extremely important because people are the foundation of any organization. People are the foundation of the store and they are responsible for implementing and executing what the company needs in order to survive the economy. Yet most importantly to be most profitable, it is important that there be a validation process to begin ensuring that the store's employees have what they need for the company to be most profitable, which is greater than just surviving this
  more... economy.

A typical day at Lowe's like any organization can be productive or non-productive. This productivity is not limited to any internal position no matter how great or small responsibilities are. Yet it is determined by brand management. One has to ask themselves...Are we, she, or I executing brand management the way it needs to be? This can be checked with an attitude assessment. There are managers who do not have the proper attitude and there are employees that do; vice versa. However, the best way to gain the most productivity is to ensure that company leaders set a template in place to ensure that we are meeting the people's needs. If employees' needs are being met; more productivity surfaces. Having worked at several stores both productive and non-productive, working for Lowe's can be an extremely pleasant experience from a management and employee perspective. There is nothing more rewarding to make an impact on another person's life or career from a management level. Likewise, there is nothing more rewarding than to be impacted by someone who wants to see you succeed from an employee perspective. The bottom line is that every experience is determined by the people in one's environment. The culture of any store determines that. Thus, there is no one experience; there are too many people that one meets on a daily basis to just have one. Again, based off the variables listed earlier in this review...Each individual will have a different experience. Please ensure that if seeking employment with Lowe's, research the variables which are most important to you to determine your experience. I hope that this review helps. Thank you.
Very productive and great associates to be around. Good environment and great satisfaction.
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCOctober 3, 2012
A typical day at work consisted of checking the product to make sure they're all filled and zoned forward. Making sure that there are no empty spots on the shelves. Checking the IRP's on a daily basis. IRP's is a sheet of paper showing that we have an item in stock but it's not in the hole where it's supposed to be so we have to find it, whether that's to down stock it or look around to make sure it's not behind another item or misplaced. I learned to deal with customers the proper way and to help anyone I see. Also I learned that the more respect and kindness you give to customers the more they'll want to come back and buy from you. A lot of times people come into the store looking for that one Employee that helped them because they then know they will get what they need and be satisfied. Management was excellent and helped you out when you had a question about something. It could be anything and they have the answer for it. The managers often helped during after hours stock the shelves and help bring in product from outside using the forklift to make our job easier and to get out of the store and go home faster. They were never too harsh on anyone no matter what the problem was.
My co-workers were a fun bunch of guys to be around and we all got along, which made the day go by faster and made the working experience much more enjoyable. No matter who was I was working with it was always positive vibe. No one hated or disliked one another which made the working environment easier.
The hardest part of my job was when I had to call another store and get them to bring a product,
  more... that we don't have, to our store for the customer. It's a long process which involves getting on the computer and looking for the item and seeing which store has it. Then you have to call them and see if they actually do and that it's not a computer error. Afterwards you talk to your store manage and ask if it's okay to order the item and tell them to bring it to us. After everything is processed then the item will be on it's way to the store and we have to contact the customer when the product arrives.
The most enjoyable part of my job is having a great relationship between regular customers that came in all the time. You get to know the person and whenever they come in they look for you because they know you'll help them with whatever they have. I really enjoyed helping contractors get what they needed and being able to conversant with them like I had knew them for a while.
Pros
quarterly bonuses, free lunches
Cons
short breaks, low hours, not enough employees sometimes
I went to work for the customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCDecember 17, 2015
A typical day at Lowe's is busy, very busy. It was my very first job so I learned a lot being there. I worked their for 4 and a half years so I seen it go through a lot of changes, especially changes in staff and procedures. When I first worked for Lowe's it was very great work experience, good pay, great management, a lot of love and peace flowed there and you can sense it in the atmosphere. As management began changing a lot of that balance went out of the door, It became more about money even if it meant mistreatment of their staff. Their were people who dedicated 8-15 years of their life to the industry who worked their way up that were terminated to hire a weekend team didn't even offer a demotion, They drop hours to the point of giving people 10-15 hours a week so even if you got a raise you weren't getting any benefits of it. Working their requires you to put so much of your personal life to the side they want complete dedication, which wasn't a problem when you actually take time to appreciate and care for your staff, but when you treat them of no importance and as a means to get what you want and not as people and still require the same amount of commitment they shouldn't be shocked so many people started quieting. I seen the entire store be restaffed within a year because so many people quit and relocated and the only people who stayed are people who worked their so long that it would be almost impossible to find a job that would pay them as much on an hourly rate but even they had no desire to be their any longer. They no longer offered full time opportunities so  more... they could have the ability to cut hours so low. The hardest part of this job was coming to the reality that it wasn't going to get any better and letting it go after working there for almost 5 years. But I loved all the customers and co-workers I grew up with there it was like having a work family, I loved my job and what I did cause I love assisting people and helping, but I did not enjoy the mistreatment of employees and lack of respect, it started to feel like high school a lot of immature management.I seen so many employees leave their station full of rage and crying and personalities change. A lot of happy joyful people were very depress and unhappy a lot of drama. Not saying every Lowe's store is like this but the specific one I worked in was. Even people who transferred from other stores said it was the worse one they ever worked in because it was so unorganized and management was so immature and unfair.  less
Pros
Great Customers
Cons
Management and pay not so great