Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 18,608 reviews matching the search
General observation
Sr. IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJuly 26, 2017
Large company for career starter opportunities and ability to learn about the retail industry. Wide variety of roles and ability to work large scale programs.
Pay was fair, environment was fair, direct ASM horrible.
Back-End Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJuly 26, 2017
Clueless in role, no support, condescending, micro-manager. I left the company due to an incompetent, lazy, manager that skated by on their support managers hard work. Not a leader in any form.
Terrible
CSA-Outside Garden (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOJuly 26, 2017
Managers sleeping with employees, corporate does nothing about it and black list you for future employment. Also have a bad habit of randomly going through and firing for no reason. Especially management if they feel they're not making enough profit at a particular store.
Good Company
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2017
Lowe's is an excellent company. Fair pay, good benefits, and good opportunities to grow within the company. If you want to relocate, they have plenty of locations to allow the ability to move with the company.
Love my job
Sales Specialist Appliances (Current Employee) –  Bristol, VAJuly 25, 2017
Everyone is like one big family at our store ,we all help each other to help customers love where they live! They are just about always willing to work with you on your schedule if something happens and you need to switch with someone. Very fun positive work environment and lots to learn even after being there for two years I'm still learning every day!!!
Pros
15min brake benefits
enjoyable work place
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Olin, NCJuly 25, 2017
while i was working at 960, i learned various aspects of the distrobution industry. after three month got trained on numerous diff forklifts, i started in shipping department loading trucks with product to be shipped out.
good part time gig
Unloader Operator (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJuly 25, 2017
simple backroom work unload trucks check in inventory setup pallets on the floor for late night stockers drive the forklift pull orders very simple and straight to the point
Not the worst retail job
Receiver/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 25, 2017
As a company, Lowe's is progressively becoming more penny-pinching, so to speak.

At the turn of the year, Lowe's eliminated all VP corporate positions and about 60% of all in-store management posititions. The idea is that by downsizing a huge chunk of well-paid positions, Lowe's can save money by replacing them with cheap, inexperienced workers.

Because our superior customer service is a major selling point, associates are often pushed hard with unreasonable expectations. For example, our managers will intentionally over-book our delivery drivers to allow more expensive appliances to be sold.

Although the company may be disorganized and greedy, it's a relatively good place to work retail. The starting pay is well above minimum wage, with guarenteed annual raises. Diverse insurance options are available to both full-time and part-time associates. So long as you prove that you will work hard, the job security is relatively stable.

All in all, Lowe's is a good company if you accept it as a means to an end. I know managers that have lived healthy, wealthy lives working at Lowe's, and I know people who were downsized after 15 years of dedicated work. Work hard, take the benefits, but don't expect the company to go out of their way for you.
Great
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYJuly 25, 2017
The management team at this particular Lowe's is great. I enjoy going to work and the opportunities for advancement are good. It's more like working with friends.
interestng place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2017
a variety of customers, and employees, fun place to work, but not enough coverage on floor to help customers. management spread out can't handle customer needs as fast as they should
Pros
benifits
Cons
not enough coverage for customer service
No support
Customer service associate IV (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJuly 25, 2017
The pay isn't bad, but you get capped out. I can't complain about the benefits either. If you become too good in a certain position, you are stuck....No room for advancement/growth or change, you become complacent or bitter. There is a lack of support from senior management and the overall moral is suffocating.
Pros
Decent wages, good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Discrimination/slander
Building Coach (Former Employee) –  Garysburg, NCJuly 25, 2017
Not the best place to work for, especially if you are latin/spanich.
Managers are allowed to do what they want if they do not like you.
Not a very friendly area.
Pros
Great Bonuses
Cons
Discrimation
Lowe's Contact Center
Facilitator / Training and Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 25, 2017
Lowe's has become extremely busy in call volume as sales periods hit and customers are looking for status updates. The hiring for contact centers is non-stop to try and reach service levels.

Overall, Lowe's is a good company to work for. They do try to have a good work life balance.
It was an interesting environment to work in.
Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 25, 2017
I found it to be a productive and busy environment to work in which is always good. There were always opportunities to learn new things about my job while working as a lumber associate.
worst place to work ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bixby, OKJuly 25, 2017
your bosses treat you like trash, customers treat you like trash, co-workers treat you like trash. everyone is depressed and hates their work life and so will you!
Decent Part-time work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALJuly 25, 2017
They tend to work with your schedule if you let them know well in advanced. Many different people shop at Lowe's so customer service skill are required and will be learned while working there. Also, product/department knowledge is beneficial to helping customers.
Trial by Fire - No Leaders
Flooring Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 25, 2017
Worst job I have ever had. The hours were staggered and grueling. Management did not enforce break laws nor lunches and left it up to the employees. Inventory management, scheduling, and accountability of managers was a joke.
Pros
Pay better than most big box public companies.
Cons
Recruiting and job descriptions are inaccurate. Lack of leadership from department heads.
Great company to work for
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  La Quinta, CA1July 25, 2017
I worked for Lowes 10 years , it was a great experience , I got to meet tons of people and work in several different department's of the store and company
Pros
Product knowledge i walked away with
Cons
Pretty good place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bryant, ARJuly 25, 2017
I enjoyed working in the garden center at Lowe's. There was always fun and friendly employees and customers to work with, plus, I got to spend the day outside. Working inside as a CSA, on the other hand, was a bit more challenging. Customers and employees are more tense and uptight. I found myself having to run the register in the self checkout area more and more which was extremely boring during slow times of the day. However, I had more freedom to walk around and converse with customers and coworkers. Furthermore, I must admit that there were times when it was difficult to find certain tools and/or seasonal items, such as Christmas trees or mulch, that had a bar code to ring up at the register because they either didn't have one attached to the item, the bar code was bent or too dirty to scan, or the book of bar codes had pages missing or ripped in half.
Pros
Work outside, meet people, two scheduled breaks and a lunch
Cons
Frustrating, boring, out-dated equipment
dont work here
was mnager now nothing (Current Employee) –  pa and floridaJuly 25, 2017
Don't work here until the company figures out how to go back to caring. They have completely lost focus on what has got them and who has got them to be the company that they are. This company would fall down the drain if it wasn't for the fact that people live paycheck to paycheck and can't just leave. Used to love this company now I am embarrassed
Pros
non
Cons
everything