Lowe's
6,937 reviews

Lowe's Employer Reviews

steady work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. - Retail (Former Employee), Mebane, NCDecember 17, 2014
Working with customer service, busy solving people problem, everyone is friendly, management have a lot of patience,
Lowes
Loader/Cashier (Current Employee), Carol Stream, ILDecember 17, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: teamwork
Learned many skills in this job. They worked great with my school schedule. They are a great company. They don't promote from within, and the only way to be promoted is to apply for the position. Usually they hire for a higher ranking position to a person who doesn't deserve or know anything about the position.
Typical day at work
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Pinellas Park, FLDecember 17, 2014
Maintained high efficiency in processing transaction during occupied business hours.
Accurately Handled cash and credit card payments
Balanced cash registers
Promoted My Lowe’s credit card and donations
Delivered excellent customer service experience in a friendly and professional manner
Good experance, friendly staff, okay salary
Delivery Driver/Lumber Specialist/Lawn & Garden (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 17, 2014
Pros: friendly staff, 40hr shifts, hour lunch, great training
Cons: salary, advancement
Customer focused, sales and product knowledge.

Operated forklifts, pallet jacks and cherry pickers for customer orders and stocking.

Co-workers were friendly and very helpful.
Productive Place to Work
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXDecember 17, 2014
Working at Lowe's has taught me many valuable lessons such as how to communicate with people, customer service, and how to sell products. It is a fast pace place to work at, with very little down time if any. Customers are always looking for assistance with their projects and we are there to help. The best part of the job is the people who work there, – more... they all have a positive attitude and are hard workers. – less
orders, orders
Department Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 16, 2014
pulling orders. making sure your orders are accurate and discovering the new items being sold
Typical Big Box Hardware Store
Customer Service Associate II (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 16, 2014
Cons: inconsistent scheduling, lack of involvement and lack-luster management
A typical day at work consist of zoning and facing assigned department section, and engaging customers. I have learned to operate power equipments to move merchandise from top stock and pipe cutter and threading machine. The management is too strung out with their responsiblities to care about the advancement of subordinates. I work with a handful of – more... veterans so there is some comraderie. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with a multitude of customers who are inconsiderate and have a sense of entitlement. The most enjoyable part of the is finding and learning about new products for personal use. – less
Not the best, but not the worst
CSA Loader (Current Employee), Franklin, TNDecember 16, 2014
Pros: laid back
Cons: lazy people
Not the best, but not the worst. Not something you want to be at forever. Go to school and get a good paying job. Management was pretty cool, but co workers can be really lazy and offload everything on you. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Over-all good company
Department Manager (Former Employee), Madisonville, KYDecember 16, 2014
If you keep to yourself, the company is good. There are a lot of cliques, sort of like high school. I enjoyed doing my job when it was not a power struggle between managers.
Great Oppertunity
Department Manager (Former Employee), West Sacramento CADecember 16, 2014
Worked @ Lowe's from 2007 to 2013 4 years as a Department Manager the company overall was enjoyable I learned man tools of the trade, Flooring, Lumber, Hardware and tools. Best part of the job was to develop a team and have a great relationship with the store. Hardest part of the job was balancing my life and work.
Great Place to Work, but top management poorly supervised
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Loveland, CODecember 16, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, good pay, incentive/bonuses
Cons: no raises, no room for advancement, poor decision making from top management
This was a wonderful company to work for. American Eagle was my dream job! However, when sitting down after my first year there for my review, I was told that there was no advancement or pay raise associated with the route I was doing. This was so frustrating. I did however, love this job so much, that I just told myself to wait out for a different – more... route to open up. Before that could happen, new management came in, told me I wasn't servicing one of my stores enough (which was the FIRST time I had heard this), and that I was being let go. It was unfair. Especially when I received the top bonus checks I possibly could each month. Gosh, I wish I could have stayed here. It really was a wonderful place to work! I miss it so much! – less
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), chino hills, caDecember 15, 2014
Managers are great and usually fair. Usually very flexible with hours.
Extremely Organized
Flooring Department Team Leader (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2014
Organized and straight forward work place; structured and fun.
Great place if you're friendly
Cashier (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GADecember 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches if we meet quotas
Cons: favorites are played by a few folks
As a cashier I have to be calm with angry personalities and get to be vivacious with lively ones. Our customer base is half homeowner and half contractor. Some folks have no clue and expect free advice. Some contractors act like you are there to only serve them. If you get along with your coworkers they will have your back.
Retailer with good benefits
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Parkersburg, WVDecember 15, 2014
Pros: benefits, but dwindling
performed daily receiving of freight with no supervision but great co-workers. very cold during the winter. hard to work for as they always seem to be heading in a new direction, often seems lost as a company.
Different
Stocker/ Head Maintenance (Current Employee), pottsville, paDecember 15, 2014
Pros: lots of rewards parties
Cons: hours cut due to lack of sales.
Even thou you're hired for one job you never know what to expect. Everyday you could be asked to do something outside your normal duties. Smile and keep moving get the task done.
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Potsdam, NYDecember 15, 2014
I have worked with Lowe's for four years. I have been promoted close to a dozen times and relocated several times to advance my career. This company is very family oriented and has a great team atmosphere.
Lowes- a work force for positive enviroment
Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee), Allen, TXDecember 14, 2014
Pros: multiple cook outs
Cons: working different shifts
Lowes is a great place to get way above the minimum salary. The people are friendly and the company loves it when your safe. They will do cook outs every 90 days for accident free environment. You always have a chance to move up the ladder if you want the position.
Lack of training for me.
Receiving/Delivery Manager (Former Employee), #1042 Phoenix,AZDecember 14, 2014
Cons: no teamwork on the floor to support the receiving area.
I felt that I wasn't given the right tools to do my job at this company. I love my job here but there were to many playing favorites. I learned that its not what you know its who you know! My co workers were very clicky and not very professional. I would say that my managers should spend more time making sure that there is consistent communication with – more... there new employees. The hardest part of my job was trying to get the training I needed to do my job. It took 8 months to get and by then it was to late. I feel the management should show more respect to there employees and make them feel valuable and appreciated. The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the receiving area,I enjoyed making a team out of my employees and giving them some consistantsy. – less
Great work schedule
Class A Commercial License Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Gonzales, LADecember 14, 2014
Pros: schedule, alone drive time
Cons: pay, does utilize talents and experienced employees well
A typical work day a Class A delivery driver at Lowes includes checking your deliveries for the day and planning the best and efficient routes for the day.

This job allowed me the opportunity to pursue and alternate career as a Class A driver.

Management at Lowes does not utilize the talent and experiences that their employees has to benefit the company. – more... Proven experience does not mean anything when it comes to job placement, promotions, and pay.

I like my job at Lowes because of the schedule and flexibility. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more