Lowe's Employee Reviews

Fast pace
Over Night Stock Crew (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FL 32966October 22, 2017
The company is a great place to work and the management is fair the only problem is that, everything changes on a dime and without much warning. The company does take care of their employees very well despite the last minute changes.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
lots of changes at the last second
Overall very helpful coworkers
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Gratiot, MIOctober 22, 2017
Even with the recent management changes... it is still a very nice work environment. Not many advancement opportunities. Very good benefits, including occasional parties for store achievements.
Pros
Great coworkers.
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities.
Fine for school
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 21, 2017
This job is good as far as schedule flexibility goes. The management could be a little more strict on how they run things. They recently did away with department managers, which was a mistake on the company's part in my opinion, but things seem to be shaping as the store gets into the swing of things with the new management.
Poor pay and stressfull working conditions.
Kitchen Cabinet Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 21, 2017
Lowe's corporate management does not care about the sales staff. Top management gives themselves large raises where sales staff may get ten to twenty-five cents per hour. Dot spend all that extra money filling your gas tank. This was a smack in the face for me I have always received a dollar or more an hour raise.
Fast paced
Unload Associate (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDOctober 21, 2017
I worked on the unload team and i was very good at my job, but for some reason when i felt like it was time to try to move up to a better position it seemed like my managers didn't want to find someone to fill my place.
Retail sales
Building materials And Commercial Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAOctober 21, 2017
Primary job responsibilities make sure we have the proper inventory stock for customers. Aid customers in determining what they needed to complete the projects they were working on.
Working for Lowe's
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNOctober 21, 2017
If you don't mind working long hours under management that is chosen based on the favorites system then Lowe's is the place for you. It's unfortunate that management looks to push their responsibilities off on their employees and then looks for solutions to form.
It is an alright place to work
Product Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLOctober 21, 2017
The benefits are great as well as the compensation. Local management lacks lacks ability to fully utilize employee's strengths and skills to improve the overall business; favoritism is a big driver in advancement for employees. If you are not part of the core group in the store, you will be looked over in almost every aspect of daily operations including opportunities to further yourself.
Busy days, the hardest worker does everybodys job
Lumber/Building Materials Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 21, 2017
Long hot days, in lumber you have to take care of the entire department, normally with one other person depending on shifts. It requires 2 people to operate (one operator, one spotter) the forklift, but often times nobody was found or willing to assist. The hardest part was keeping up with every customer when in the department alone and having to cover other departments for lunch or someone left early.
Pros
Decent wages, pizza parties for safety, bonus if sales goals are hit storewide
Cons
Nobody does their job, if you work hard you'll do their job.
Day to day work at Lowes
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  31 Buck-land Hill driveOctober 21, 2017
At Lowe's I enjoy working and serving the Customers, I enjoyed doing wood work. It was good to learn something new everyday. The most enjoyable part of the Job was the customers and Co- workers. Some times they where hard to deal with. I learn about the stock market, Home Improvement and construction work.
You pick a great place to work.
Shipping Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OROctober 21, 2017
Benefit package is somewhat expensive out of pocket for employees. Company does have a stock option purchase plan and a 401k match. The job can be difficult but for most areas it is a fairly easy job if you are in fair physical condition.
Pros
Good schedule
Cons
hard to advance in work place
An overall enjoyable place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, OROctober 21, 2017
Friendly management and very helpful when training in a new position. If I didn't have to move I would have loved to work there for many years to come.
Productive and fair place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cornelia, GAOctober 21, 2017
I am a cashier and meet and deal with a variety of people and situations. Working with the public first hand helps you to learn how to handle a variety if different situations..
high volume business, good training, chance for advancement
home decor specialist/cashier/customer svc. (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 21, 2017
I enjoyed working at Lowes. They start you with full orientation and training in several areas - even those areas that one is not specifically hired for so that each associate has knowledge of several departments. This helps in providing the customer with good service and a pleasant shopping experience. The knowledge gained by an employee in multiple DIY areas is valuable.
Was fun and exciting place to work
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Woodhaven, MIOctober 21, 2017
With the removal of department manager position at Lowe's, the jobs have become stressful and employees retention have decline, because employees are looking for employment else where and no good employee is applying.
Pros
Health care benefits
Cons
under staffed.
Great working environment, generous people.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAOctober 20, 2017
In addition to enjoy working with others, I make helping customers on a daily basis my top priority. I learn many things about different products that the company sell. I also have a great opportunity to practice Spanish because I have the chance to meet people from all over the world. In my opinion the hardest part of my the job is when I am not able to give a customer information about a product. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I am able to share my knowledge with a customer about a product.
Could be a great place to work if Management would improve
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 20, 2017
High Turnover of Sales Associates, Upper Management made poor decisions not based on actual working knowledge. Benefits and pay were good but employee morale was low at almost every store.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Highly stressful conditions with no support from management
Lowe's is ok place to just mind on business
CSA /FSA (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLOctober 20, 2017
You meet all types of people from all walks of life. From all corners of the world . Some nice and not so nice . But at the of the day it was very rewarding when you knew made someone happy when help fine what they needed.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Giving up your weekends.
Poor management
Customer Service Associate (CSA) - Sales (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAOctober 20, 2017
There is a lack of communication between management. Managers constantly are changing their minds which leaves employees frustrated.
HR is flexible with scheduling, but the scheduling is computer generated. This sometimes leads to undesired working hours.
It was ok.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALOctober 20, 2017
Pretty laid back place to work depending on the department that you are working in. During the spring and summer seasons is when business is booming during the winter months hours are cut due to lack of business.