Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 14,615 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2017
A retail hardware store with excellent customer service , Cashier is to provide excellent customer service because it is the last contact with the customer for a lasting impression of the customers experience with Lowe's . Management and coworkers are very supportive and helpful in every way. The most enjoyable part of the job is to know you gave the best customer service to every customer.
Pros
Excellent atmosphere to work.Great Management
Cons
Short breaks and Healthcare to expensive .
Enjoyed the comradery of fellow empolyees
Pro Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 17, 2017
Working at the pro desk itself was great but after 6 months or so, it was all about pro service sales numbers and credit card applications.
Constant harassment about sales numbers and credit apps. Management had us going door to door to businesses to ask them to shop at Lowes. They even had us sit in Home Depots parking lot and write down phone numbers on the contractor vehicles, then call them and try to convince them to shop at Lowes instead. Too low of sales tactics for me. Management lives and breathes numbers.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
constant harassment about sales goals & credit card apps.
Great work experiences
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Southshore MA, 4 storesJanuary 4, 2017
I admit, the greatest pleasure derived from Lowe's has been helping folks find the solution to their home, or work needs. In this I was happy to be able to assist possibly thousands, to do just that. As in all workplaces, there were great managers, and workmates along the way, helping me to achieve my goals.
The downside being, a lack of personal advancement. I like to grow, nurture, become my work, and help the company to grow, as well.
In this, only I found myself wanting to aspire, while being great at my work, I was held back from advancing further. For this alone, I moved on.
Pros
Great clientele, some incredible work associates, freedom of expression
Cons
lacking advancement opportunities
Great people to work with, and Lowes helps their employees love where they work
Customer Service Associate (CSA) (Current Employee) –  Lisbon, CTJanuary 11, 2017
I enjoy working at the Lowes in Lisbon because I enjoy talking to the customers and learning about them so I in turn can help them with their home projects. Also, at the Lisbon store, the employees are like family. We have fun, help one another and work as a team to get the job done.
Pros
Management is great, and is always there to help you. They do the same work as we do to help each other.
Cons
part timers are limited to only 25 hours per week.
Lowes
Software Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCJanuary 5, 2017
My job here at Lowes is fantastic. Typically each day I take 90 to 120 phone calls resolving problem tickets that are submitted the Lowes store associates.

My management is great, they really work hand in hand with their employees and help develop the team. They also offer career planning help. My co-workers are all like family. we get along really well and have a lot of fun as we work though our day.

The most enjoyable part of the job is with every problem I solve I am helping others love where they live.
Consistent worrying about loosing job
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAJanuary 4, 2017
Low pay and lots of pressure. You are responsible for blowing sunshine up everyone's butt and making sure everyone is happy or you are the one who takes the blame when they aren't. This job is horrible and no one respects you. You take the blame for not being trained and for low EOS scores. Be prepared to want to cry most weeks. They think one person can change the entire store but with old school employees it's nearly impossible. It's also impossible to let go of horrible employees but then you are questioned why nothing changes. Don't accept this position.
Pros
My ASMs
Cons
The entire job
Has potential to be a good place of employment
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Niles, MIJanuary 10, 2017
Could be a great place to work with a few changes. Company tries to hold employees down to part time status. And they hire from outside more than promoting from within. Also hours can be very hard to come by, especially in slow times of the year. Management at my store at least was very underwhelming. In some cases hard to find and unwilling to help. Office politics run rampant. If you're not in with the "in crowd" good luck getting anywhere. Lowes may be great, but my location isn't all its cracked up to be.
Pros
Wages, flexibility of schedule
Cons
Office politics, hard to find full time positions or hours
Just Don't Get Sick
CC Base Agent Plus (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCDecember 28, 2016
The job and people are fantastic, but you better hope you don't get sick. I was diagnosed with ovarian tumors in October 2015 and my doctor put me on medical leave in early November before having surgery. Needless to say my FMLA paperwork was handled incorrectly by Lowe's and Reed Group, and that caused me to lose my job due to paperwork "not being received" or "lost". I was told by management I could either be terminated for absences or resign. Lowe's will tell you everyone is "family" but when it comes down to it they just don't care.
Pros
Pay, benefits, time off
Cons
Adherence policy is super strict, performance reviews are stressful
a secure job especially when the depression hit
Customer Service Associate (CSA) (Former Employee) –  Havertown, PAJanuary 14, 2017
you will have a stable job; as far as promotions, politics are involved among management and associates. The pay is average around 13 dollars an hour. when it comes to co-workers, if you have a good workers acting like team players, you will have a good working environment. If you have unproductive individuals, this will make your experience at lowes very difficult. the hardest part of the job is when lowes is under staff. the management team will make to you double the work you usually do.
Pros
benefits, parties
Cons
pay
Fast Paced, HIgh Traffic store
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 12, 2017
The Florence, Ky Lowe's flooring department makes for a fast-paced, hectic day, every day. This past year the department amassed nearly 3.5 million dollars is sales.

It's challenging in that you've got to manage customer flow, issues, building install quotes, upkeep and your associates. All in a department that stays regularly understaffed(not my doing), and heavily shopped. While I've learned to handle all this, it certainly can be a challenge. But one that I enjoy.
Pros
Good people. Fast-paced.
Cons
Job Security.
how
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 23, 2016
I have two reason for me reaching out to you are: 1) at some point in the past you were exploring new insurance for Home, Auto or both. 2) I'm looking to expand my customer base by offering a no obligations insurance analysis. Now I have been in the insurance industry for the last couple of years, but I have recently started with the PMG Group powered by Allstate. One reason that I'm excited to be with this office is Allstate is offering a range of new discounts and incentives for new customers.

I would just need a few minutes of you time to get preliminary information and then I can send you a personal proposal for you records.
It's a retail corporate environment
Driver (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 10, 2017
The corporate rotation schedule makes it hard to have much of a life outside of work providing different days off each week of the month... learned that I am not a big fan of retail or the management style related to same...coworkers are often hastily selected to fill a slot and in thise situations, not the best of people to work along side of... the hardest part of the job is that the whole system is run poorly unnecessarily creating daily chaos and more work and time out than need be...the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to satisfy the customer's expectations or at least improve and/or correct the situation when they have been misled in some way by another employee
Set up customer service to fail
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Start working at fire wheel Lowe's in Garland Texas in the lawn and garden department. I enjoyed working in the lawn and garden department and would prefer to have stayed in the department. The manager decides to move me into plumbing department with no knowledge or experience in plumbing. They did not properly trained me or give me any training in this department. Then when I cannot meet customers expectations they write me up. I was hired in as a customer service representative not a specialist and expecting me to do a specialist job. Unprofessional managers and set you up to fail.
Benefits
Cons
No Training, poor management
productive
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, GADecember 16, 2016
Exceptional understanding of counting, inspecting and checking in merchandise
Outstandingly vigilant in applying sensor devices to merchandise as needed
Hands-on experience in transporting orders between retail stores and storage cages
Well acquainted with writing merchandise salvages and transfers for the retail outlet
Highly skilled in stocking shelves, folding, hanging and placing merchandise in stock rooms and selling floors
Pros
lunch
Cons
breaks
Enjoyable and interesting full bodied workplace
Night Stocker/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Leesville, LADecember 16, 2016
At first, the job felt very much like a throw away corporately owned time-waster, but quickly it engaged me physically and mentally. It provided challenge for my puzzle-solving and bodily skills. A good environment that I took much pleasure in. I enjoyed my co-workers and the shipping/receiving manager that I worked under was possibly my best and favorite boss ever.
Pros
Great environment, nice folks, and a good schedule.
Cons
Not all the managers are kind.
Productive and fun place to work. Great employees
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, PAJanuary 15, 2017
A typical day of work as a delivery driver for Lowe's consists of hard demanding work in the delivery of appliances, and other products to customers homes or businesses. The hours can vary on a day to day basis which can interfere with ones personal life. My co-workers and I are like family and work together as a team very well. My most enjoyable part of the job is being able to provide excellent customer service to our customers as well as resolve any issues that may arise upon delivery.
Decent job, just ran unprofessionally
Lumber Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDJanuary 4, 2017
One of the good parts about working at Lowes was it gave me the opportunity to earn my certification for forklift operation and be able to move on to higher paying jobs to gain more experience. I never had problems with co-workers but ran into a few issues with management. The hardest part of the job wasn't the work but it was trying to remain professional in a non professional environment.
Pros
Forklift certifications
Cons
Non work related problems at work
Lowe's was a great place to work
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXJanuary 16, 2017
I learned a lot with this company. If you are willing to learn they will help you. Management was good. Co-workers were great people. The hardest part of the job was lifting heavy items and not getting help at times. Most enjoyable was setting up and creating our first ever Market Event in San Antonio. I was about 50% in charge of this.
Corporate came in from out of state and was amazed.
Benefits
Cons
pay was a little low for all the work and knowledge someone may have.
Crazy scheduleing but good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TX , Mansfield TexasJanuary 4, 2017
It depends on the store you work at I was originally I. Sulphur Springs Tx and transferred to Mansfield Texas most of the managers in Sulphur Springs were good and did there job. When I transfered to Mansfield it was totally different. The store did a lot of things different and I had told them before I started I had another part time job and gave them my hours available. I was still scheduled to work when I had to be at my other job.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Management not very supportive, crazy work schedule
head cashier
Supervisor & Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDDecember 21, 2016
: Managed all checkout functions by processing sales transactions and refunds. Monitored cash drawer transactions maintained at the checkout area. Provided coverage at cash registers, as needed. Directly supervised 10-15 employees and Provided one-on-one training for cashiers. Conducted an inventory control system to minimize merchandise shrinkage. Monitoring/Assessing performance of individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action. Maintained records of special item orders.