Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 15,593 reviews matching the search
productive and friendly work enviroment
Lawn and Garden Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMarch 23, 2017
-typical day at work is down stocking building displays making the
customer satisfied.
-the workplace felt welcoming and friendly to be around
-the best part of my job was meeting all the different employees that worked there
Good company to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 23, 2017
While working for Lowe's I learned a great deal. The company allowed me the opportunity to expand my knowledge in merchandising, operations, P&L ,HR, and people skills
working
Paint Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TX 77640March 23, 2017
Hardest place to work
went throught training for job
one was good one bad
The place was very busy
Learning ways to help customers and know they where happy
Pros
helping customer
Cons
bad manager you could never get when needed
Lowe's is a good company
Millwork Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NHMarch 23, 2017
I have enjoyed my time at Lowe's, but with the recent shift in management it has become different. They recently underwent a staffing change and it has changed the culture of the stores.
no comment
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Augusta, SCMarch 23, 2017
lowes is a great place centered around family and friends. please visit the store and make your own conclusion. please visit lowes.com and apply if interested.
Very Productive and Fast paced Business
Flooring/Paint Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMarch 23, 2017
I very much enjoyed working for this company. All the management and other employees are very friendly and if you don't understand something they will help you without hesitation. Very upbeat and well managed.
Was all good untill I was injured and could not perform all of my duties while healing.
Facility Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 23, 2017
I was an FSA for four years. I was recognized​ nationwide for my job performance and the savings I was responsible for by going above and beyond. Then I was involved in a car accident. I tried working through my recovery but couldn't maintain my normal work schedule. Two months later I was terminated for a charge that should not result in an immediate termination.
Pros
Good co workers set schedule
Cons
benefits cost 1/4 of my paycheck. Upper management caught lying to employees.
safe and reliable
customer service associate (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INMarch 23, 2017
Typical day at lowes may very, could be slow or very upbeat. I have learned a lot from this company, how to do refunds, how to sell special order product, how to deal with angry customers, problem-solving, product that needs to be picked up later, internet orders, paint mixing, key cutting etc. Management has been all over the place always seeing new faces but our team has always been strong. The hardest thing about my job working at customer service I would have to say is not being able to help everyone there are thing I have yet to learn. Being with a company that big its hard to learn everything when your stuck in one position I've tried to move to other areas of the store to learn but its hard when there isn't good coverage or the jobs you apply for you get turned down. The most enjoyable part I would say is experience I've learned, a lot on my own and with help. People I am a people person i like to help weather the customer is being unpleasant or not i want them to leave feeling better then when they walked in.
Large Box Retailer facing new challenges
Assitant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  MultipleMarch 23, 2017
Lowe's is undergoing structural changes facing most retailers and in this new age of retail. They have the benefit of having a need for physical retail space due to the home improvement sector. The company has good benefits and the chance to move upward.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Work weekend/holidays
Stable work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Adairsville, GAMarch 23, 2017
It was not an easy job. There were many responsibilities that came with it . It was an overall great work environment. They are very big on safety, so big that every day they stop the workers for at least 10 minutes to discuss safety.
best job i ever had
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 23, 2017
very flexible with working wit you when you're going through a tough time, great people everybody is friendly and helpful. its really easy to move up in the company. Bonuses for hard work work 4 days straight and 3 days off
Pros
free food, events for family, great environment
Cons
Workplace that about family. Safety, and is part of our community
Receiver (Current Employee) –  North Vernon, INMarch 23, 2017
Hopefully this site is able to offer me positions that I am able to decide if they are a suitable part of mine and my families life. It will be fair, accepts all I have to give as well as I am able to receive from it.
Rude Customers and Terrible Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTMarch 23, 2017
Management will allow customers to be as rude or obscene as they would like to employees. As long as you are not being physically assaulted you have no place disagreeing with a customer here.
In addition, Management refuses to train the employees, then turns around and acts like we are incompetent and gets angry when we don't know what to do. HR is a total joke and scheduling is horrible. Good luck if you have another job or go to school or have any sort of life outside of work. The scheduling is complete unreliable nonsense and Management will outright lie at first, saying that they will not ask you to come in when you have work or school, then they will suddenly schedule you for a time they said they would not. When you ask about getting it fixed they will pretend they never agreed to accommodate you.
Pros
Friendly co workers and nice location
Cons
Bad management, lack of professionalism, poor scheduling system, Awful customer interaction
Good pay for hard work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 23, 2017
Learned a lot about ware house management and developed a lot of my personal skills there. Great work staff family environment. I just feel little under utilized is all
Geat place to work for.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAMarch 22, 2017
They train you completely, no experience necessary. There is cross training which allows you to move from department to department. Can be really physical at times. Pleasant managing staff.
Pros
great training, decent pay/ raises
Cons
cafe on site is a bit pricey.
Flooring Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 22, 2017
good place to work and learn all aspects of home improvement, you will work hard and the hours are long but you do get the enjoyment of helping people.
Pros
enjoyable work environment.
Cons
ever change work schedule.
Good Workplace
Head Cashier Manager (Current Employee) –  College Station, TX 77845March 22, 2017
I would recommend working at Lowe's for many people ranging from a college student looking for experience to someone who is retired looking for extra income and a stimulating environment.
Pros
Safety Cookouts
Cons
Standing for long periods
Good job
Installed sales coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 22, 2017
A great workplace environment to be at. Everyone knows what needs to be done and it gets done as a team effort. Everyone helps each other out with the vast departments. Co-workers available by phone call or page to answer any question a customer may have.
great place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 22, 2017
Average Company on Fed Contract Market. Management is very nice and take personal visits regularly. Benefits are almost the same of other Fed Contractors at average level.
Fast paced, busy location
assist customers in locating merchandise (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMarch 22, 2017
Lowes never stops improving, from the check out to the customer service that is provided. Management biggest concern is the service that is provided to the customers.