Lowe's

Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 9,665 reviews matching the search
excellent service and managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALJanuary 30, 2016
Friendly environment. Team work. Awesome breaks. Eager to assist at anytime. loved the fact that we would learn something new everyday
Pros
great team work
Cons
no tv in the breakroom
I was able to be my best. Good income (74,000.per yr)
Appliance Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COJanuary 29, 2016
Was able to help customers choose the right appliances and set up deliveries.
Training was good.
Got along good with management and co-workers. Still friends with some of them.
Hardest part was lifting appliances but always got the job done.
Most enjoyable part was seeing repeat customers. Made many friends with everyday people and contractors.
Pros
Flexible schedules.
Cons
Cant think of any.
Typical retail position
Customer Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJanuary 29, 2016
A typical customer service retail job. Worked in several different departments. Management is available for positive and constructive feedback.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
part time hours with below average pay
Fun environment
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJanuary 29, 2016
Lots of fun things to learn and teach each other, fun programs to teach kids. got to work in different departments to learn new things about home inprovements
Pros
fun team meetings
Very Productive
Seasonal Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 29, 2016
Good People. I have no complaints above this work environment. Its very fun filled and has great energy around the work place.
Glass Ceilings Galore
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJanuary 29, 2016
Lowes will pay you a decent wage and more often or not, if you show up on time you do well. However, getting promoted from within is often an issue and most times outside hires are made to avoid moving people up from within. This creates a glass ceiling.

There are high expectations to meet sales goals that air generally pulled out of thin are. Corporate is detached from their stores, and provide much stress to store employees with their wild expectations and unrealistic mentality.

Management could be more involved with their employees. Performance evaluations aren't made until it's too late for you to improve.
Great place to work.
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJanuary 29, 2016
I would come in every morning at 8am and head straight to the back of store where our warehouse is located. I would then review all deliveries that needed to get done that day. Then I would check each and every item that was going to be delivered and make sure all items were not damaged. Then I would call each customer making appointments throughout the day. Then we would load all items onto 2 box trucks and deliver and satisfy each customer. No matter how long it took to get done we were always out till we delivered and satisfied each and every customer.
Good place to work. Co. has a big employee turnover.
Plumbing accociate (Former Employee) –  Bixby, OKJanuary 29, 2016
I assisted Lowes customers in the plumbing and electrical department, stocked shelves, distributed incoming freight.
Lowes
Stocker/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 28, 2016
Liked to work with others and assist customers locate certain items. It was moderately difficult physically, but not overwhelmingly so.
I lift things up and i put them down
Unload Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 28, 2016
I show up at a set time 5 nights a week, i unload the same trucks over and over, then i put the freight on the sales floor. use of power equipment and LP power forklift regularly.
Pros
Awesome Boss
Cons
workload, other managers than my own, and less than competent coworkers
Fast-paced friendly atmosphere
Lead Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIJanuary 27, 2016
Busy, customer service friendly store.
Store opened at 6am, so some early days, but time went by fast especially during busy seasonal times.
Facility Service Associate.
Facility Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Sicklerville, NJJanuary 27, 2016
I unfortunately worked in the lowest grossing store in the market. We got Assistant Store Managers who's performance was low in their prior store, and were on their way out if they didn't improve. Likewise the store managers were either on their way to becoming unemployed, or were just promoted to Store manager and being groomed for another store. In my 3 years at my last store I saw 4 Store managers come and go. As well as having 8 Assistant Store managers. The constant threat of the store being shut down was overhanging. My store was built for the short term, because corporate was going through a lot of red tape trying to open a store 8 miles away. Management ideas, views on structure, and selling methods changed every three to six months. In short it wasn't the best atmosphere to thrive in.
Excellent company to work for!!!
Lowes (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 27, 2016
I loved Lowes they really make you feel like your at home. I was there for 3 years. I loved it. nothing bad to say about them.
Pros
rasies, flexability
Cons
Hard to get a full time position.
No growth, No development, No fun at all.
Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 27, 2016
I learned nothing, My pay was okay, not too bad. Management did not get to know any of the employees, so we would just come in, work then and go home.
Pros
You start with a good pay rate.
Cons
No development, Just a check at the end of the week.
Great Place to Work and Advance your Career
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 27, 2016
Lowe's is a great place to work. My work/ life balance was the best I had received as a retail manager. Their training approach for a new manager hired from an outside company is very lacking and their computer operating systems are very out of date and so far behind the competitors its a little shameful. But all in all its a great company to work for.
Pros
Pay, Work/Life Balance, Work Enviroment
Cons
Benefits, Training for Management, Computer Operating Systems
Employee's Come First
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 27, 2016
Although you may have to work some holidays, the company made sure to compensate you by bringing you food. Bonuses available and the company in general supports it's employees.
Fun and rewarding workplace with flexible hours
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Lowe's is a tight network a esteemed colleagues that work together to accomplish the mission of outstanding customer service by helping people love where they live. In return the employee loves where they work!
Pros
Flexible Hours
Productive work environment
Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 27, 2016
Enjoyable yet productive work environment. On the job training was very sufficient which enabled me to confidently accomplish daily tasks on my own.
Pros
Competent employee, good salary
A good place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2016
Like any work environment working hard to achieve the company's goals is the focus. They hire great people who do make it seem more like a family than a corporation.
Productive and fun
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 27, 2016
Lowe's provides an excellent atmosphere that is fun, safe, and comfortable to work in. I was worried about not knowing where things were when a customer asked, but you can always look to a fellow employee to give you a hand....with anything! If you've never used powered equipment, that will change.
Benefits
Cons
Not enough hours