Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 15,104 reviews matching the search
good place to work; just very undermanned all the time
Night Stocker, day stocker (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 13, 2017
Good place to work with some good associates, was forced to changed my job to a different job than hired which i take as a bad go. Was hired on as an overnight stocker, that was changed about 4 months after on to day stocking because of sales. The schedule change didn't work well with family but had to adjust family for job needs. Overall management was good and direct supervisors were all good with adjusting to new people and change on a constant. Favorite part of the job was the chance to do different things through the store that i wouldn't normally do on a daily. Stocking products was primary job responsibility. Hardest part of job was having to deal with other co-workers that didn't want to do their job so i had to do their job for them to help customers which isn't apart of my job duties.
Pros
got to do new things, got to build good relationships
Cons
they switched from night stock to day stock, some associates didn't want to do their job duties so i had to do theirs
Fun workplace at times, too many hours and no life balance
Zone Manager/Appliance Area (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAFebruary 13, 2017
Arrive at work and expected to run department and zone. Tasks were to run appliance department as well as work as service zone manager. Learned how to multi task as well as work with multiple personalities.
It was good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 13, 2017
I love working with the customer and it help me learn more on the construction side. The heat working outdoor lawn and garden wasnt my favorite but I did try my best
Pros
location
Cons
my ex finding me
West Chester - Millwork Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHFebruary 13, 2017
I've learned quite a bit at my tenure with Lowe's. I've built many skill sets which I believe will help me in my future. I'm hoping that my next venture will prove as productive.
Great place to work if your not looking for a long term career
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Millville, NJFebruary 13, 2017
a typical day at work goes from slow to crazy
I learned a lot about diversity and management
the workplace culture is laid back
the hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers
the most enjoyable part of the job is being independent
Pros
fair pay rate
Cons
schedule does not allow for family
Working as A floor installer for lowes
Subcontractor Floor Installer (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NCFebruary 13, 2017
Firstly, I wouldn't characterize myself as a floor installer. More of a grunt, but I can install floors. What I learned most from working for Lowes is that it's all about patience with yourself and learning more as you go along, instead of diving head first and not being able to accomplish anything to the best degree you are capable of.

The workplace culture is somewhat homogenized, but incredibly friendly and interactive. I mostly got to work with a crew and the homeowners, who were always friendly. The hardest part of the job? EVERYTHING! Literally, everything: Lifting and installing 800lbs a carpet in a day is no small task. However, that endorphine rush definetely makes it all the more enjoyable and I enjoyed getting outdoors more and working fully for my keep.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Temporary
Long time employee
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Working at Lowes was a great experience. I would keep working there except for their has been corporate restructuring that eliminated my job. The work life balance is terrible. The benefits are amazing and the pay is good.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
work life balance
no longer department manager
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 13, 2017
they completely changed the culture of the store for customers and associates. your daily tasks always change everyday but that's what's good about the job.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
no work life balance
its a job
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Millville, NJFebruary 13, 2017
giving my best and making the customer completely satisfied when they leave the store was the goal. Some of the people are great to work with but some are not. They just did a revamp of every store which took 2800 jobs away company wide and at least another 400 within another year
Pros
clean environment
Cons
everything else
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 13, 2017
the hardest part of the job was learning all the codes for the lumber, the management was well organized and helpful
most enjoyable part was meeting new people
Good Workplace
Loader, Cashier, Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, PAFebruary 13, 2017
I liked it. I learned a lot about interacting with different people, whether it be other employees or customers. I would recommend working there to other people.
easy job
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLFebruary 13, 2017
Job is easy. some locations are better then others. dead end job working with small minded people. most people are there either temporarily or as a last resort.
Employee are not knowledge about products
Customer Service Associate / Electric (Former Employee) –  Atascocita, TXFebruary 13, 2017
They need better store mangers that know the products they are selling. Never are able to find employees to help customer service, to busy trying hid out.
Lowes
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Stony Brook, NYFebruary 13, 2017
Not a nice place to work, no room for advancement and corporate's answer to pleasing the shareholders is to fire people that have been there the longest - mostly by a phone call. Do not think about a career here unless there is nothing else you can do.
Pros
Cons
everything
lowes
Seasonal Outdoor Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Clinton Twp, MIFebruary 13, 2017
excellent place everyone was nice and helpful, they gave us free lunches and offered extensive training so you could advance farther.
Productive workplace
Credit Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 13, 2017
Great management and working place.
Learned new systems.
Culture is friendly

Hardest part of the job, not enough hours to file reports.
Leaving
Pros
Friendly Enviroment
Cons
Lack of hours
Training
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 13, 2017
Typical work duties included zoning department, downstocking, removing safety hazards before the store opened. If closing these duties would take place once the store is closed. Assisting customers and selling products. Ensuring products that are sold from stock are pulled and labeled and staged in the appropriate area. Work with minimal supervision duties are assigned by senior management. Hardest part is the heavy lifting which includes 50 pounds bags of mortar and grout, tile cartons that weigh up to 50 pounds or more. Enjoyable part is helping customers select a floor they will love and enjoy for years.
Big coporation without the disconnect.
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 13, 2017
Lowes is a great company to work for. There are opportunities to make it a fantastic place and I do believe they are doing the best job possible for all concerned. Culture here is the best part. Family atmosphere in such a large company doesnt really exsist anymore.
Pros
Balance, work experience, benefits.
Cons
Management disconnect, communication.
Lowe's was a great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Anderson, IndianaFebruary 12, 2017
Lowe's was a great place to work. They had fun activities for the employees to play during the hot summer days. They also were very friendly people. Everyone was super encouraging and helpful when you wasn't sure what to do.
Pros
Fun games during the summer
Cons
Healthcare was expensive
Great company to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 12, 2017
It depends who is the store manager, I had a great manager that was really good to the associates, But when you have a bad store manager its the worst place to work for because they always support the store manager and don't believe what the associates are saying
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
many hours for salary assiociates

CEO Approval