Lowe's Employee Reviews

work
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 11, 2017
great employees, clean and organized, most managers work with you and were respectful. 2955 is the store that i worked at. I loved the motivation of most of the employees and most workers were willing to work as team and support each other. customer service was number one and making sure the customer got all their products in a timely and accurate manner and helping them enter and exit the store feeling satisfied.
Fast pace job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Union City, CADecember 11, 2017
Customer's were so nice and you get to see them all the time and they will remember your name. I worked in the garden area. I loved working in the garden area.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Sometimes you don't get a break
Was great
Loader/csa (Former Employee) –  Gautier, MSDecember 11, 2017
I loved working there. The staff and the job itself is awesome. It was fun and outgoing. There was never down time. You stay busy the whole shift. Customers were always happy to get help they needed
Cons
management
Team Leader, Customer Sales, Project Development (Former Employee) –  Jasper, TXDecember 11, 2017
Loading contractors and customers. Learned different types of wood products and garden plants. Management was alright, it changed a lot over time. Hardest part was having rude customers that came in with an attitude. Easiest part was having fun employees to work with. They come and go, some nice, some mean.
Pros
learning new things
Cons
low pay
Supportive work enviroment
Lead Receiver/Stocker/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PADecember 11, 2017
Environment was friendly management was easy to get along with. Benefits were fair, the pay was low raises were infrequent. I learned a lot about the retail industry and how it operates.
Poor Managment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYDecember 11, 2017
The Lowe's I worked at had the worst management and human resources ever. Racism, bigotry and sexism were rampant. The management and hr knew of these issues and chose to ignore them. Lowe's use to be a great place to work until corporate decided to redo the management structure in early 2017, then everything fell apart and no one cared.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Very poor management, uncaring hr.
lowes
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 11, 2017
Overall company was fine. Pay was decent for the job. I was injured on the job due to threats made by manager and after the injury I was deemed to expensive and eventually fired for weak pretenses, simply put they fired me for the cost of the store managers bonus (can actually provide proof of the reasoning). I moved on since then and have grown my business.
Great learning opportunities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2017
Meet and interacted with lots of customers and had the opportunity of learn to handle multiple situations, had a supportive management staff and most of the employees seemed to be happy to be at work
High energy, fast paced, & great benefit options.
Install Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bardstown, KYDecember 11, 2017
Depending on the time the shift starts. Check email, put up stock, work an number of reports, waiting on customers, ect.... Learned team building skills, Product knowledge, & store processes. Workplace culture changed over the years. Definitely no support for knowledgeable & tenor employees. Hardest part of the job was making a decisions & getting in trouble for making that decision. Most enjoyable part of the job was customers being happy with there projects.
lowes
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 11, 2017
I like working for Lowes its really what you make. A typical day at work for me usually goes by quickly, because it is a very fast paced environment. The management is cool as far as I know. I have never really had a problem with management. The hardest part about my job is not really being able to satisfy a customer before leaving the store. The most enjoyable, part about my job are the customers they always seem to keep a smile on my face.
.Good Place to work
Loss Prevention and Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Marion, INDecember 11, 2017
Great place to work, 10% discount off of anything, yearly employee events. Competitive pay. Always some kind of challenge to keep you motivated each day.
Great company very nice break room
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 11, 2017
This is a very family oriented place, they have fun workshop's for children to learn to build things and for adults. Very clean well organized company with a wide experience of there products.
take job at own risk
unload associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TN--South StoreDecember 11, 2017
overworked, never enough employees to cover departments, store manager manipulates and insults employees, total lack of respect for employees, expect to work your job and several other positions

other employees are unmotivated and lazy dumping work on you, also constant turn-over in this store expect an employee to last few months before hiring someone else
Pros
breaks
Cons
heavy workload, constant turn-over
Great job with great benefits
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCDecember 11, 2017
Come to work and help customers find what they need. I learned that there are different types of blinds and how to mix paint to a swatch. The manager that i had was awesome, she was very helpful until the end. Very family oriented place, they make you feel welcome. The hardest part is not having the items our customers need. The most enjoyable part is seeing the happy faces of our customers who are grateful for our help.
Pros
They had holiday meals.
Cons
Short breaks
Intense, complicated, and extensive, but best job i have had so far
Hourly Associate (Former Employee) –  147th and mapleDecember 11, 2017
They give you all the training you need and will help you until you are confident enough in yourself. They have plenty of opportunities for growth and would like you to further yourself in the company.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
misscommuication at times
Work on your own.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Ledge, MIDecember 11, 2017
Do grunt work and pick up the slack that other long-term employees don't feel like doing. Its not bad on slow days where you have the ability to do your job, and then your end of work day clean up, instead of doing someone else's job that didn't wanna do certain things or parts of their own daily jobs.
Lowes is and ok place to work
Installed Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INDecember 11, 2017
You never know what your schedule is going to be week to week. Lot of the employees are not team players. But if you do your job you will have a job and for most part employees' are ok.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Schedule not consistant
Fun workplace
customer service/ paint specialist (Former Employee) –  Herkimer, NYDecember 11, 2017
for a first job, i found this place to be a great place to start. I loved the people i worked with and found the management to be very flexible and motivated.
Was a good environment when first hired
Department Manager (Millwork), Garden Center, Fork (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutDecember 11, 2017
Company was downsizing and it was losing associates left and right. Always on edge,a few good people that really worked hard.
Not enough supervision, 18 year olds were when still in High School with little to no supervision. Associates were written up daily when the new manager was hired.
Pros
Discount 10%
Cons
One hour lunch breaks
Decent place, good pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXDecember 10, 2017
Managment was awful. Pay was above average. Customers are usually in a bad mood. HR was never there when you needed him. Poor structure. The company just is not the same.