Lowe's
7,167 reviews

Lowe's Employer Reviews

I enjoy working with customers, helping them with my consrtuction knowledge. I also enjoy working hard at my load picking job.
Loader/Picker (Current Employee), Port Orchard, WAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: steady employment and benefits
I get to work an hour before the store opens. I then get on our computer system to find out what deliveries we have for that day. Then I pull and band the products into a package. I then operate power equipment to load lumber and other products. When I have finished I make sure our lumber and other products are stalked. Then I do customer service till I go home.
This place would be great in a soap opera.
Department Manager (Current Employee), West VirginiaJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: pay.
Cons: hr department is a joke.
Do your job and go home. Don't get wrapped up in the drama. Easier said than done.
Meet tons of interesting people
Paint Associate (Current Employee), High Point, NCJanuary 17, 2015
Interesting place to work and learn very useful skills. Opportunity to advance is rare and you can be moved whenever
Wonderful place to work
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee), Hinesville, GAJanuary 17, 2015
Great working environment though not many chances to advance. Unfair treatment in hours but overall my coworkers and daily customers were the only reason I went to work most days.
Fast paced, perform multiple tasks, have good customer relations, fun
Live Nursery Specialist (Former Employee), 4301 W. Fairfield Dr.January 16, 2015
Pros: monthly lunch for employees, sometimes awards for customer focused and bonuses.
Cons: shift work
Worked as a Live Nursery specialist. Managed and trained a staff. Managed incoming purchase orders, spoke growers/vendors for quantity and quality of plants/product. In charge of shrink, clearance items, merchandising, weekly and annual inventory. Had good customer relations and obtained commercial accounts for landscaping companies. Received deliveries and worked well with my team members.
Excellent place to Start a carreer
Team Leader IV (Former Employee), Siloam Springs, ARJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: advancement is quick and proven by performace/ compesation
Cons: not a fix schedule
Very high energy job, always having something to do and certain daily resposibilities to accomplish before the day was over.

learned to be a very quick thinker, self motivated,organized and self dirven

management was very helpful and hands on training in order to maximize the potential of the employee
lowes is a very interesting place to work, always learning new things
we team member (Current Employee), Laurinburg, NCJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: lowes is very good to their employees, they feed their employees often and give bonuses.
Cons: i work every weekend.
My day at Lowes consist of giving excellent customer service to all customers. during my short time at Lowes I have learned about many different areas of the store, one being the paint department. many of my co-workers are always willing to assist me when needed. I would have to say the hardest part of the job is just learning the different areas of Lowes departments that I am unfamiliar with like lumber, flooring, tools etc. The most enjoyable part of the job is actually on a daily basis learning new things that are very helpful in succeeding at this job.
Interaction with employees, installers and customers until job was completed to customers satisfaction
Manager - Install Sales (Former Employee), Mechanicsville, VAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: close to home, getting to work with lots of individuals
Cons: working nights, weekends and holidays
Working with employees, installers and customers to verify that products sold by Lowe's were installed properly and customer was satisfied. Many of the products sold - patio doors, storms doors had to be pulled and these products were quite heavy and difficult to handle which I felt was the hardest part of the time. More enjoyable was working with the employees, installers and customers on a daily basis.
Fellow employees are great
Team Member (Former Employee), Lebanon, OregonJanuary 15, 2015
It is long days, with much expected. Pay is not reasonable for the work expected
very nice place to work
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee), Warren, OHJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: benefits, employee parties, and great co-workers
Cons: not a steady schedule
I usually work between a 8-10 hours a day. I've learned how to run a register successfully. I know how to run a switchboard. I've learned how to understand how a customer is feeling and better be able to serve them in the last 4 1/2 almost 5 years I've been there. Management is always there when you need them. I have a lot of great co-workers. I've made a lot of great friends. The hardest part of my job would be dealing with a mad customer. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and learning new things on a daily basis.
Management & Staff family orientated
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: management and staff
Cons: not a lot to look forward to regarding compensation
The job is all about customer service, you learn everyday on the job, and you meet lots of people in different industries in the field of labor. Compensation is very inconsistent.
Seasonal Sales Associate is a nice part-time gig.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Port Huron, MIJanuary 15, 2015
Lowes is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. They do an excellent job of working with their employees to increase their knowledge of the job. They are flexible to the needs of the employee but also work hard to establish rules for the betterment of the team. Management was great to work for.
great place
Department Manager (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great advancement opportunities
Cons: lowe employee morale and support
I've learned that in order to get where you want to go you must provide great work ethic and passion to succeed. Each day at Lowe's brings something new, whether that is new customers, potential business accounts or general day to day tasks it is very easy to make the day fly by. The hardest part of being in management is getting all of your employees in departments on the same page. The most enjoyable part is being on a fast growing exciting company that has a bright plan for the future
Nice place
NON-CDL DRIVER (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: always on the road meeting new people
Cons: working in rain and snow
Very wonderful company to work for, However looking for something more in my field of training.
Productive and fun workplace with good atmosphere
inside lawn and garden sales associate (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJanuary 15, 2015
A typical day at work included me clocking in, going to the back to get my vest on while saying hey to any coworkers I passed by. After my vest was on, I would report to my Department Manager, and get started on the daily work list, unless there were customers waiting to be helped. I made $10.63/hour, and loved all of my co-workers/managers, and most of the customers. That was definitely the most enjoyable part of the job for me. The hardest part of the job for me would be when there were several customers that needed help at once, and I was the only one in the department at the time.
Fairly good company to work for
Operations Manager/Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Detroit Metro, MIJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: very good benefits, solid bonus potential and fast paced environment
Cons: very early hours, lack of help in stores, sever attendance issues with hourly associates
Management by walking around (MBWA) and associate observation and coaching is a daily responsibility. Very heavy into selling skills and goal attainment. Daily morning and evening associate huddles keeps everyone informed and on path.
I was able to learn more about selling and expanding sales as well as the importance of specialty sales to attaining the store goals. Upper Management changes a lot and is not very involved in the "grooming" of their subordinates. I seems as only the supervisor who you report directly to is the gateway to your success or failure.
The team of the store is large and every store has a broad range of backgrounds and experience that will keep you engaged and busy. This was the most interesting part of the job, the working with a very diverse set of associates. The driving of results was a great part of the position and seeing the associates succeed was a positive experience.
bad hours bad pay
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 14, 2015
not many hours to go around, bad pay and bad customer service
Challenging but enjoyable
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Potsdam, NYJanuary 14, 2015
This job involved working outside, no matter the weather and temperature. My hours began very early and continued into the day when there were multiple projects doing on. A typical day involved watering the outdoor plants, stocking merchandise, providing customer service, and assisting customers with loading their merchandise.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lexington, SCJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: lunch hours were great
Cons: overtime was non exsistant
They were very professional. Gave me the skills to do my job. customer satifaction was great. Learned alot at the customer return desk. Product information was always available
customer service
Cash office/ Cashier (Current Employee), Latham nyJanuary 14, 2015
Customer service, upbeat busy atmosphere. Fun location to work but consistent in expectations and customers. Fast cashier skills as well as knowing the store as well as the customers.

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more