Lowe's
7,986 reviews

Lowe's Employee Reviews

Great Job
Administrative/Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: One bad manager
Cons: Great work environment
Like any job has it's pros & cons. Great pay love the rotating schedule. Customer issues make it hard but it's harder when you don't have an ASM who will do her job.
Great Place to Work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Worcester , MaMay 13, 2015
Learned everything in regards of Customer Service, Cashiering, Paint and Home Decor techniques. Had Great Supervisors and Managers.
Amazing Place to Work
CSA-Paint (Current Employee), Mansfield, PAMay 13, 2015
Fun environment, fast-paced, overall a great place to work. Very understanding. Well-organized. One of the best companies I have ever worked for.
Good company to work for
Corporate Payables Specialist (Current Employee), Wilkesboro, NCMay 13, 2015
Lowe's is a stable company that wants to stay ahead of the curve with trends and technological advancements. Many employees stay with Lowe's their entire careers.
Its an okay place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Tyler, TXMay 13, 2015
As long as you learn the products the job is easy and fun.
The management is bad
The hours are good.
The hardest part of the job is the angry customers
Poor communication among the management staff.
Unload Associate (Current Employee), Raynham, MAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Benefits and good pay
Cons: Stressful work environment
The compensation and benefits are by far some of the best I have seen in my part time jobs, however the employees hired by the management are lazy and unhelpful to the customers. The many managers that they have do little and communicate to the other employees and managers extremely poorly. The HR department is of little help when a serious issue occurs.
fun
Delivery Manager (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAMay 13, 2015
Pros: have a 401k
Cons: work on sunday
this was a great place to work. lots of cool and fun people to be around.totally fun managers to work for.lots of departments to work in. whatever you have a interest in you can make it here
Seasonal OSLG (Current Employee), Farmville, VAMay 13, 2015
Pros: very good company to work for
Cons: its just seasonal
Management is AWESOME. They work with ur schedule. They are friendly. Co-workers are great...working at Lowe's is like having another family
not a productive place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch on holidays
Cons: low moral level
Job environment was not one in which a person would want make this a place for a career. Moral here was not good because certain managers had employees who were their favorite. These people tended to get away with being late for work or from a break and lunch and nothing was done to stop this behavior.
Great place to work for.
Sales floor associate (Former Employee), Evansville, INMay 13, 2015
Lowe's is a very awesome place to work for. They treat their assocites very well. All managers are extremely easy to work with. There sometimes can be alot of stress when you have stock all over the floor and do not have time to put it up, but someone is always there to help if you just ask for it. Overall a great company to work for. The pay is good and you get a employee discount.
Big Box Retail
Department Manager (Current Employee), Sandy, UTMay 13, 2015
Big Box retail very competitive and long hours for very little pay. Difficult to move up into Salary management. Co-workers are great. The best part of the job is working with good people.
proactive and a fun place to work!!!
csa/floater (Current Employee), Durham, NCMay 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches, rises every year.
Cons: lazyness, short breaks.
A typical day at work would be helping, customer's putting there items into cars, and getting carts and then running a register and if I close help unload the trucks..
Great Custoer Service
Front End Cashier (Current Employee), Plano, TXMay 13, 2015
A typical day consist of a morning meeting, Discussion is based on sales, quotas, recognizing employees and important information. Morning meetings are a good way to communicate within the company and alert of what is going on.
Lowes
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), LouisianaMay 13, 2015
I was a specialist in hardware and tools and I gave great customer service. Working at lowes I got certified on how to drive tractors and all in store moving vehicles.
Cashier front end position is basically a a no brainer job and was not very rewarding to me.
Cashier (Former Employee), Saint Clairsville, OHMay 13, 2015
The job consisted of front end functions such as cashier, stocking front end products, trash, mopping front end. Co-workers were fun to work with.
Manager -Portfolio Management (Former Employee), Mooresville, NCMay 13, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: bad team environment and management
Hardest part is to get through non professional management. The process is really old and reviews are not about work you perform. I do not recommend someone to join this place.
Challenging and Rewarding
Project Specialist - Exteriors (Current Employee), Quakertown, PAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Outdated computer systems
Hours will vary at Lowe's but typically I start my day around 7:30 and start working on current projects for customers to get them ready for the sale. This includes a couple of hours on the computer entering information into our different systems (depending on the project). The rest of the day will include following up with customers to see if we are a good fit for them and them for us as well as running 2-3 appointments that are scheduled, and maintaining relationships with our installers.

My management team is great. Our store manager and our assistants are top of the line and they make my job run smoothly. My peers are friendly, supportive, and outgoing. I never dread speaking with anyone.

Working with our outdated computer system is the most challenging aspect of my job. It slows down our progress and doesn't allow us to accomplish certain things that would make the job go a lot smoother.

I love meeting with people! Getting out to our prospects/customers houses and sitting down with them, understanding their needs and wants and then helping them "love where they live" is the the absolute best part of my job.
enjoyable place to work for
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Akron, OHMay 12, 2015
Customer service desk, answering the phone call, submitting online orders. This work environment provides unique expedience with customer interaction which allowed me to understand how to create my own clientele by doing great customer service.
Great place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Glenwood Springs, COMay 12, 2015
The team atmosphere was good, great people, the benefits are great. lots of work to do. management is good, the schedule is hard to deal with and the expectations of customers can be outlandish if you don't have a product in stock. vendors can be difficult to work with
The ability to move up in the company
Receiving / Stocking (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 12, 2015
Pros: Promotions
Cons: Nothing to be said.
This is another great company to work for. The management team is outstanding and concerned about there employees training and promoting within.

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more

Lowe's Salaries