Lowe's
6,660 reviews

Lowe's Employer Reviews

Fun people, not very productive, and disorganized
Flooring Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pooler, GAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: hour lunch, various equipment to learn, full-time benefits
Cons: workplace ethic is just terrible.
A typical day at work was spent looking for things to do between customers, trying to help customers in someone else's department while it's associates were in another department grouped together talking about how wasted they got last night and when the next party was.

I did learn how to operate all the different departments equipment, such as the – more... tile saw, blind cutting machine, lumber saw, glass cutter, carpet cutting machine, carpet roller, and became certified for the order picker.

Management in most other departments were pretty helpful actually, my particular departmant (flooring) had a great department manager, but the section manager who hired me pretty much told me I was nothing more than the department janitor and he changed the name on all my major sales to be under one of the flooring sales associates (I was a customer service associate at the time), which would have prevented me from promotion.

Co-workers normally didn't do their part of work assignments and this was by their personal philosophy which is, if you never do what you are asked, you won't be asked to do more. Most of the surrounding departments hid from customers, called other department phones to play pranks, pressed help buttons in the store and walked off, played on power equipment, and were generally not at all serious about work other than getting paid.

Finding someone to help you when customers are looking at you like you should know technical info about departments on the other side of the store. Finding the HR when she was actually there.

Learning new things in different departments. – less
good place to have a job
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Streetsboro, OHOctober 19, 2014
Pros: super people and fun environment
Cons: hours do not allowing work life balance
Lowes is a supewr company. Store management varies but if you do your job and do it correctly and timely the work day is very smooth. It is very difficult finding advancement opprotunities in the local area and as long as you do not mind uprooting regularly you will be ok witht heir advancement programs.
I think Lowe's can be a great place to keep a steady career that will teach the employees.
Stocker/Receiver (Current Employee), Tifton, GAOctober 19, 2014
Oppotunities are available. The time you spend at Lowe's is valued.
Good Place to Grow
Part time Install Sales Support & PSE Assistant (Current Employee), Greer, SCOctober 19, 2014
Pros: great managers, easy to move up in company
Cons: not a great fluid to installs
In my typical work day I troubleshoot arising customer concerns and assist management in solving these problems to the customers satisfaction.

I have grown and learned much from this business. They company has a great family feel and takes pride in our product and supports the community with volunteers and funding.
overall a great place to work
Product Services Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2014
Pros: great bonus program
Cons: better schelduling
Lowes is a great place to work. they have a lot to offer the employees with a good benefits programs, open availability and bonus programs.
Fun place to work
Customer service (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAOctober 18, 2014
I enjoy working with all the different people I meet. Customers constantly challenge me and my manager makes the job enjoyable.
Terrible job
Inventory Replenishment Coordinator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2014
Boring, monotonous job with little pay or benefits. No brain power required. Just scan. Lots of scanning.
Great working environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Pinellas Park, FLOctober 18, 2014
This company offers many benefits to their employees. Individual employee achievement acknowledgement as well as overall store achievements.
i like fun workplace that has good enviroment for growth in company.
Retail Associate/overnite stocker (Former Employee), Roseville, CAOctober 18, 2014
a typical day at work would be fast pace hard working something that I can learn and advance in my career. I have learned lots things from every job I have worked and use the skills I learn in everyday of life. the management I have worked for has been good and bad but in the same aspect I have learned what to do to perfect my job in the good and bad – more... ways in what not to do. I have worked with a lot good coworkers that I get alone with some I still talk too this day. the hardest part of a job is not knowing weather the ecomony is going to slow down work production slows down with it and knowing if you will have job the next day too support your family and pay the bills.the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new friendly face and learning new things that I never knew about certain jobs and how some jobs make you feel like your part the family in companys way. – less
Successful Company
Customer Service Associate II (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2014
Pros: exposure to home improvement materials
Cons: retail schedule
I conduct inventory cycle counts each week. I operate a forklift to down stock inventory and to load customer's purchases. Assist customers in their purchases in the Garden Center. Conduct safety walks daily. Management is a good source of support when needed. I enjoy working with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is the retail schedule and – more... heavy lifting. The most enjoyable part is being able to work in the Garden Center where I get to work with many different types of plants and various other garden related materials. – less
Management?
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Helena, MTOctober 18, 2014
This location is run by employees, the lower level employees have all of the power. Management seems afraid to actually stand up for any decision made through policy. If any given employee complains there is no investigation the employees words are considered gospel.
Busy and fun place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee), Hudson, MAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: it's very close to home. i get along with my coworkers and management.
Cons: the inability to leave my station without getting coverage. very limited and very short breaks.
Lowe's is a good place to work. It's been fun being back in the stores after not being able to find a paralegal or admin job after I obtained my paralegal certificate and took Microsoft Office training. The last time I did this I was in High School.

I'm what is considered "permanent part-time" which means I can only work 25 hours per week. I need to – more... be working full time, preferably in my "real" career.

I primarily work the opening shift. I start at 5:45 and get out anytime between 12:45 - 2:45. I run the self-check section of the bank of registers which means I'm responsible for my register and 4 self-check machines. I've learned how to deal with an entirely different kind of stress than that of an admin. I'm alone there mornings from 6 a.m. until 8 or 9 a.m., depending on the day. The time that I'm alone and it gets very busy is the hardest part of the job. The machines never work properly and people tend to get frustrated.

My favorite part of my job is my customers. It great to be out there talking to people about the projects they're working on and sharing their excitement. – less
Productive place to work, slower pace of work
Cashier (Former Employee), Rolla, MOOctober 17, 2014
Provided excellent customer service, processed transactions answered phones, stocked etc. I didn't really learn a whole lot working there. Management and employees for the most part were great to work with. The hardest part of the job I would have to say is the upset customers or not having an answer to a customers question although I would always get – more... an answer. I loved the customer service part. – less
Harassed Daily by Customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Franklin WIOctober 17, 2014
Pros: nice management
Cons: everything else.
The store I worked at was built only to give competition to Home Depot. This was a known fact to all of the employees. We were not educated on products but instead thrown to the wolves. I tried to help customers to the best of my abilities but when I was unable I was often called stupid and sworn at by the customers (grown men screaming at a small girl, – more... imagine that). The management was cheerful and kind to us but that made no difference because we were all defeated by the end of the day. There was also no security and we advised not to step in. I recognized a crime circle happening within the store and was told only to document it as they walked past me with 100's of dollars of merchandise on a daily basis. It was infuriated to put on a smile when I knew these crooks were robbing us and I couldnt even call the police!

Lowe's was a joke. – less
Enjoyed it
Install Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Presque Isle, MEOctober 17, 2014
Great atmosphere to work in. Would work for them again. I started as a part time worker and they give you good opportunities to move up in the company.
Job Duties
Customer Service (Former Employee), Philadelphia paOctober 17, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: unorganized breaks
• Handling incoming calls or inquiries from customers
• Assists customers’ needs by solving customers problems
• Converses products offered in the store and ensure customer fulfillment
• Completes supporting paperwork and data entry as necessary
• Ability to multitask
Great Place
Paint/Blinds Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCOctober 17, 2014
Typical Day is helping customers with your few employees who rather not work. Typical Retail.
Productive work place
Flooring Department Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rochester Hills, MIOctober 16, 2014
I learned how to install any type of flooring and retail skills. My co-workers were very easy to get along with and were always there if you need help with anything. The hardest part would of been moving heavy pallets of tile. The most enjoyable part was helping customers with problems and working with great co-workers
Lowes
Assembly/Warehouse (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCOctober 16, 2014
Great company with an excellent working environment and culture
Very laid back atmosphere. You work independently, maybe with a "to-do" list written by your department manager. Those on the floor have a lot more freedom than those on the front end. Everyone at my location was very friendly. Some have been working there for 15 and 20 years and there's – more... a "family feel" to the workplace – less
Ok job
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee), Troy, OHOctober 16, 2014
The job itself was not bad, just hard to promote up with ok benefits.

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more