Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 19,184 reviews matching the search
Stressful
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCAugust 15, 2017
Lowe's has great health benefits as well as paid time off for vacation and sick time. The work enviroment can be very stressful. Dislike the work schedule.
Fun work place when it wasn't busy.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dumas, TXAugust 15, 2017
This job was my first job. Lasted there for 5 years. It was alright when it wasn't busy. The manager was a great co-worker but sometimes took things far.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
3 holidays off/no paid days off
Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORAugust 15, 2017
Really enjoyed this job although it was a temporary job. The pay is ok above minimum wage although it does depend on experience too. As a cashier you can work in outside garden area or in lumber so it is nice to not be in the same area all the time.
Productive hands on fun environment
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 15, 2017
Great training, great benifits ,knowledgeable managers, fun customer service fast paced job with tools and resources provided by company liking to work with your education
Pros
Advancement, benefits
Cons
None to list
good working experience
Facilities Services Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2017
learned a lot. good working experience. fast pace, working with good employees who worked together. good working atmosphere. managers show and worked with me to get the job done right.
Pros
very busy positive and good communication
Cons
very little growth potential
Seems good... at first.
Installed Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 15, 2017
Very little job training. Low pay with a crazy work load. Super high expectations but non cooperative environment. NO JOB SECURITY at all. For a temporary paycheck this will due. For someone who is looking to advance in a career, this is not for you. Going above and beyond is a normal requirement in customer service of any kind but here, you pay for your effort. They just dump more work on you due to understaffing or inability to keep employees and never give you a merit raise or anything for the extra work you are now doing. I currently do the job of 2+ FT employees but make less than any Coordinator I've met. Food for thought.
Pros
Steady paycheck, benefits are offered, vacation time
Cons
Poor communication, no training, you're a #, no job security, very little advancement based on work instead of brown nosing.
Good people and management
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 15, 2017
Good customers and management. Loved working there would go back if given oppurtunity. Learned alot of new things and will yake that to my next job. I still talk to my old manager and coworkers good people.
Good Compant to work for
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Dickson City, PAAugust 15, 2017
Learned a ton of valuable life skills that help me in my day to day life as well as my professional career. first time I worked for a retail store , and was able to move up very quickly , due to my great work ethic. They train their employees very well in both product knowledge and management skills.
Good chances to move up in the company pay wells and advancement
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 15, 2017
I have been with the company for 6 years and I can say I have learned a lot working for this company. I have learned very good customer Service and taught me to have a lot of patience for.
Pros
Customer Appreciation Days
Cons
Lack of communication
Not an okay job not fun at all
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAAugust 15, 2017
It's not a great job they only hire seasonal people then on top of that they don't give you a notice at all so you could be in the process of looking for another iob
Cons
Lunches and breaks
fast paced and very exciting
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 15, 2017
A typical day at work consist of painting, sanding and demolition , while working for Lowe's I learned how to paint , work as a team and get the jobs done
Pros
Learned a trait that can get me another job
Cons
N/a
Very good retail environment to work at.
Customer Service Associate/Loader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2017
On a small scale, the Lowe's in the Brickyard is a great place to work if you are starting a career in retail or just want a seasonal/ temporary job. Staff are very friendly (in general) and management tends to be helpful. The Corporate giants are what is responsible for anything that would be bad at this store as far as policy.
Pros
Many breaks, busy work, treated with respect
Cons
Corporate policies make or break any given position
Lowe's as a company has gone downhill for years
OPE Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kathleen, GAAugust 15, 2017
Lowe's has become ONLY about profit and how they can cut anyone and anything to boost profit. I feel less compelled to attempt to climb the ladder at Lowe's because of how the recent restructuring has created an atmosphere of doubt, anger, frustration, and left an army of employees that have no idea what they are doing and that don't care whatsoever. It wont be long before Lowe's is just a stepping stone to a better job, i.e., a Walmart...
Pros
Vacation time, sick time, 401K match
Cons
Management, lack of communication, micro-management, too many hands in the pot.
lowes is a very nice and comfortable work environment
seasonal cashier (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 15, 2017
lowes is a great company to work for because there are so many great benefits you can get such as health insurance, 401 k, vacation and sick time. lowes work hours are very flexible and nice.
Pros
flexible hours, great benefits, respect, caring managers
Cons
lack of full time positions and some rude customers
nice place to work
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXAugust 15, 2017
good place for a first job or a creer good people co workers and mangemnet, as long as you show up on time and do your job, pay is decent and have decent healt insurance get to help customers in many way that you dont think of untill you help them and they come back in at the end of what they was working and justhe smile and thank you is worth it
Pros
fun and enjoyable
Cons
certain deparment get slow due to the season of the year
Decent Part Time Work
Weekend Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 15, 2017
Great for people who only can work part-time, perfect for college students. It wasn't exceptionally stressful and provided decent knowledge for those who are interested in learning about home improvement.
Customer Service
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Schererville, INAugust 15, 2017
Having to deal with unhappy customers on a day to day basis.
I always do my best to deal with their complaints as best I can. They feel better just by talking to a manager. Try to understand their frustrations and find a solution as best possible. Knowing that I am capable of making the best possible decision to satisfy the customer and getting a solution rather than have it escalate is a day well done. Take to my superior the problem with the solution just for clarification and communication.
Pros
Satisfied Customers
Cons
Difficult solutions
Highly demanding, fun, good management, intense work load
Delivery Driver / Night Stocking (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 15, 2017
Long hours, physical labor, intense work load

How to operate different equipment while on the sales floor

Understanding management, attentive to detail, friendly

Easy to get along with co-workers, fun and rewarding

Not knowing what is expected from you each new day

Getting to know new people
Pros
Good management
Cons
New jobs each day
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILAugust 15, 2017
An great place to work with a great management team. Everyone is like family when youre working at lowes and they make you feel like youre right at home.
Fun place to work
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, TXAugust 15, 2017
Loading and unloading .. using all the warehouse equipment .. made sure all the lines stayed in order .. very fast paced work place ..Was lead guy over employees in charge of training and using equipment safely
Pros
Great people
Cons
Don't have any

CEO Approval