Lowell General Hospital

Lowell General Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Very busy and exciting place to work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 19, 2016
Working in a healthcare facility can be challenging. Not much break time during the day, if at all. Finding coverage for an absent employee is difficult. Some days my floor is extremely busy and other days it is so slow that I get floated to another floor or even cancelled. Otherwise, LGH has well trained nurses and staff. Everyone is friendly helping visitors and patients get around. Lots of Education opportunities and committees/councils to join. The Presidents attitude toward "patients first in everything we do" trickles down to staff. He also personally makes rounds to all floors to make sure staff is doing well.
Great company to work for
Clinical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 7, 2016
I enjoyed my job and the people that I worked with. I was able to learn new skills.There was always opportunity to pick up extra shifts.
Great Place to work
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 17, 2016
Hardest part of the job was leaving. The people are great. The job is fulfilling . Constructive feedback is welcomed and appreciated on the job.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Stepping Stone
Food prep (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MADecember 14, 2015
Management is terrible. You get maybe 2 days of training before you get thrown into a potion, if you're lucky. Pay isn't that great for the type of work you do. They over work you and expect you to drive yourself into the ground.
Pros
Free Fountain Drinks
Cons
Management, Training minimal
Very unprofessional
Unit Coordinator/Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MADecember 11, 2015
You are hired by your supervisor only to be ridiculed about how you do your job in front of co workers. You always have your supervisor looking over your shoulder although you could be a very highly qualified employee. Merger has caused management to treat their nursing assistants like work horses, always being short staffed, requesting holidays but forced to work the holidays although worked out with co workers to cover days. I have personally been belittled in front of Nursing staff instead of brought to the office about any concerns. If you're not part of the group at work, you get put as an outcast. Nurses have their favorites aides which cause preferences in certain days off or how they wear their attire to work. For example, some would not even wear scrub tops or scrubs at all. Very unprofessional work environment.
Pros
lunches paid electronically through paychecks, discounts
Cons
poor management, under staffed, over worked for low pay
overall a wonderful place to work, very busy and fast paced envirenment
Phlebotomist II (Current Employee) –  295 Varnum Ave., Lowell MAOctober 8, 2015
I love working at the Lowell Gen Hospital, it is a huge hospital providing care for all age groups, it is a trauma 3 hospital, very busy and very fast paced working environment.
I am Moving closer to Providence RI so I would like to have a job closer by.
Pros
excellent benifits
Cons
poor management
okay, little bit intimidatting
Student Resp Therapist, onto qualified RT (Former Employee) –  Lowell, massacusettsSeptember 24, 2015
learnt to do ABG's & EKG's.
job tasks repetitive, complex cases shipped out to Boston.
and yes, there was red tape, decisions made without listening to both sides
Pros
learnt basics of respiratory
Cons
self limiting
Lowell General Hospital
Radiologic Technologist - per diem to full time (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 9, 2015
A typical day of work at Lowell General Hospital consists of operating numerous equipment and performing numerous procedures, such as UGI, BE, SBS, Laminectomy, ERCP, etc.. The most enjoyable part of my job is the communication and contact with patients. Many patients simply require a gentle, kind experience to lighten there day. The organizations CEO is a tremendously compassionate and motivated individual whom's goal is patient and community oriented. Some management is supportive of this goal and a few are not causing some confusion, hence that is the hardest part of the job. Overal rating is of Lowell General Hospital is a 3.5.
Nice keepsakes.
Central Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAAugust 20, 2015
A decent place to work no advancement unless you are related to someone. The company gives out logo jackets, cups and other items. It isn't the best job I ever had but not the worst.

The atmosphere of the hospital is similar to its personality and culture of the neighborhoods. On a positive note, I have met some
true employees who try to work by the company Mission statement.
To Put Patients First In Everything We DO.. Nice Creed but not always practice.
Pros
Gifts when close to hospital review.
Cons
No training and very little advancement.
there's no I in TEAM
Dietary aide (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAAugust 3, 2015
work is all about teamwork. most people usually say there's no I in the word team. that's correct to say because we all have to work together to make the company better daily. we are scheduled to work hard and help others. work should be a place where people have great set of skills and provide great services for the people. its all about the team.
Patients first in everything we do.
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJune 7, 2015
My job can be very hectic, by dealing with Trauma cases and Medical issues that comes through the door, also you have to deal with some co-workers plus patients screaming at you or calling you names, but as a professional, you have to be calm and positive.
Pros
Christmas/Thanksgiving Dinner for all staff.
Cons
No breaks at times due to patients volume.
Great learning experience and environment.
EKG Technician (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJune 5, 2015
As an EKG technician I mostly do EKGs, for inpatients and outpatients. I also configure holter and event monitors and teach patients how they work, as well as help with conducting stress tests. My managers and coworkers are very helpful and really work with me. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help people!
Job Advancement
Medical Secretary/Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 13, 2015
There is lots of room for advancement. I love the educational reimbursement benefit along with many other employee benefits that include discounts for local businesses. My coworkers were great along with management.
Pros
Flexibility with education
Fantastic Place to Work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 12, 2015
From the moment I was interviewed to the moment I was at the front desk in the Emergency Room. I loved the excitement and person to person care that was required. My co-workers were so lovely and patient. I worked the midnight to seven AM shift and it was the best paying and the most interesting position I have ever held in my life.
Pros
The flexibility and the responsibility.
Cons
The sad times in the Emergency Room were the hardest.
Challenging and rewarding company
Patient access (Current Employee) –  service centerApril 20, 2015
A typical day includes seeing many patients, families and visitors throughout the day. Always keeping patients confidentiality and safety first.
Pros
employee recognition for hardwork
Nice place to work
RN B.S.N (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 10, 2015
One of my better jobs after working as a traveler for 10 years. Staff are caring and passionate.caregivers who are very well qualified.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Long Shifts at night
Good learning experience
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  North Chelmsford, MAFebruary 24, 2015
Excellent team to work with. I was able to learn a lot of things in a very short duration. I enjoyed my externship there. I am glad that I got this opportunity
Good place to get experience
Volunteer in the Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MADecember 23, 2014
It was a good expereience in the pharmacy because it allowed me to learn a lot
great job.gr eat people
dietary aide (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MANovember 11, 2014
the best job ive ever had basically nothing more to say
from working wit the paitents to helping the open and set up there foodto just putting a smile on there face when they see you.
Magnet Hospital!
MS2-Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAOctober 12, 2014
LGH is an amazing place to work, you don't become a Magnet hospital without putting in the effort and it really trickles down to the employees. I was a nurses aide here, which means I was near the bottom of the totem pole, but you'd never know it. LGH has a great work community, team oriented and great employee incentives/benefits. They value feedback and they value their employees.

4.2