Lowell General Hospital Employee Reviews

Interesting experience&mind-opening
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 20, 2017
I liked working here because I got to be inside an actual hospital and see patients and it really made me realize what I wanted to do with my life. I loved getting to meet tons of new and kind people. I was expected to work more than I was able to, especially during the school year, which I just do not have time for mon-fri.
Pros
Lots of working and nice shift hours
Cons
Not flexible
Lgh
Interventional Radiology Tech Aide (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 24, 2017
I am continuously learning at LGH. The most enjoyable part of my job is making patients experience enjoyable. Its enjoyable to see a patients perspective change from bad to good.
Surgical Tech,surgical Scheduler, Nurses aide (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 19, 2017
Lowell General Hospital takes care of their employees. Facilities are kept impeccably clean, food services are amazing, benefits are reasonable in this health care market. Overall it is a great place to work, as I was there almost 15 years
Co-workers are very unprofessional and rude especially if you are new to thr company
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAFebruary 11, 2017
Unprofessional management and employees that have longevity. You are expected to work extra hours and if u decline you are penalized. Management is extremely unprofessional
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks and favoritism, unprofessional
Good place to work, pay starts low
Inpatient Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAFebruary 9, 2017
*great benefits if you can keep medical providers in network
*raises annually
*great work environment
*pay starts on low end
*community involvement
*limited room to grow
Fast paced work enviorment.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 31, 2017
Expanding hospital with growth for their employees and many educational opportunities. The ER is always very busy. Is close to the city for transfer when tertiary care needed. Great cancer center and ortho care!
Pros
Educational Opportunities
Cons
Difficult to break during shift
Great hospital, dedicated to the community, with committed staff
Hospital Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MADecember 19, 2016
Loved working at Lowell General, and I saw a variety of the inpatient settings as I floated to many units. I can say that staff members truly care about their patients, with many remaining with the company for the entirety of their professional careers.
Team centered ER with wonderful staff
Emergency Technician (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MADecember 8, 2016
It's always an overly busy ER and our MDs, NPS, RNs, and Tech work AMAZING together! Upper admin needs to get it together and find a way to move our holds so we can treat our ED patients NOT our admits.
Pros
Great team work, friendly staff
Cons
lacks support from upper management
Merrimack Valley Cardiology at LGH is not a good work environment
cardiac sonographer (Former Employee) –  Merrimack Valley CardiologyNovember 18, 2016
Management - There is no practice manager. The practice supervisor tries to be the manager, however with her lack of education and knowledge, she does a horrible job. Very unfair, and if she does not like you or if one of her "friends" in the office does not like you, she will make your life miserable.
Environment - Too many immature adults that act like high school children. If you are not part of the "in" group, your life will be very miserable at this office.
Physicians - All of the physicians are wonderful to work with except the one who is in charge. He has a horrible temper and is not afraid to show it. He too is helping with the practice manager's position and he does not do a good job at it. The office is in shambles
Equipment- There are Philips ultrasound machines, which are great to scan cardiac patients on.
Fast paced, they want quantity, not quality work! Over the past couple of years the echocardiograms that are produced in this office have gone hill significantly. Breaks are hard to come by, even lunch.
Pros
Equipment is good
Cons
Management, staff, schedules
work with kids, is a plus
Nursing Assistant Certified (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MANovember 3, 2016
I used to work with kids and babes, You have the best time with them. I weight and get their heights, take vital signs, assist the nurses with procedures and tests, stock and clean the rooms, transfer patients information to the electronic medical records.
Pros
You get bonus and rate every year
Cons
communication
productive, out going environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MA 01854October 26, 2016
I have loved working at Lowell General Hospital. Everyday it is a different routine. I'm either processing, logging in specimens from offsite or from the floors. processing also includes, faxing results, giving nurse or the doctor verbal results. calling doctors office for orders on specimens we have received, and ordering test on specimens from other doctors offices. other days I am doing inpatient, which includes going on the floors and drawing patients. Out patient, Also offsite, which are doctors offices. Everyday at work is a learning experience.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
hours, benefits, pay
Excellent place to work
Nursing Educator (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAOctober 11, 2016
Wonderful culture, mission and values. Minimal opportunity for advancement for middle management. Organization is fast paced and encourages everyone to keep up. Autonomy is expected which can be challenging. Best part of the job is the people you work with. Hardest part of the job is constant change lately.
Poor Management
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 28, 2016
The hospital was great, but management was horrible
The physicians and staff were great. The job was great as I have always enjoyed my position as a sonographer.
The group I worked with was great. But....
Unit Secretary/Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 15, 2016
The Unit I was hired for and worked closely with, was full of amazing, intelligent, hard working Nurses.
When our unit was slow instead of "cutting" me, they would send me to other Units. It was here that I learned there are horrendous Nurses that should NOT be Nurses!!
Your degree does NOT give you the right to speak down to people or treat them badly.
You can not do your job well with out a CNA, so be kind!
Pros
A lot of great incentives for employees on day & mid shift
Cons
Night Shift, your incentives and needs will NOT be as good.
Productive and fun place to work
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  PediatricsSeptember 8, 2016
8 hour shifts
Obtaining report, assessment on patients
Hardest part is trying not to bring my work home with me, working with kids its hard to leave work at work. I find myself thinking about certain patients at times.
Benefits
Cons
no breaks
A great place to extern.
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Pediatric ClinicAugust 30, 2016
It is an exciting place to learn and put to practice what was taught in class. Assisting and preparing patients for examination, the on hands application of phlebotomy procedures and assisting with sutures were three of my favorite parts of the externship.
Pros
Friendly, caring and professional staff
Lowell General Hospital is an excellent place to work
Patient Experience Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 18, 2016
The opportunities to learn new things are endless. The management at LGH are compassionate, grateful, supportive and patient.
Wonderful office manager and coworkers unfortunately the location of office makes for extremely complex patients which is challenging.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 24, 2016
I have worked for Lowell general hospital for three years and was employed by saints memorial prior to that. I have seen quite a change in patients and their care over the past few years. I have also seen a huge change in the hospital since Lowell General took over. I am employed in the Internal Medicine department in an office located near the down town area. Our office if extremely busy with 4 physicians and one nurse practitioner. The past several years I have seen an increase in patients with behavioral health issues. These patients seem to be extremely non compliant and this can become quite frustrating. Another difficult part of my job on a day to day basis is dealing with the patients whom frequently seek narcotics. I find that this too has increased over the past few years. I try to always remember that the patients requests or needs make sense to them even if they don't always seem to make the most sense to me. I think working with a great team of coworkers and having the support from each other definitely helps in these situations. Our office has a wonderful office manager whom goes above and beyond to make our day go as smoothly as possible which is not always an easy task.
Pros
Working with a great team of coworkers, providers and manager.
Cons
the location of our office.
Very busy and exciting place to work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 19, 2016
Working in a healthcare facility can be challenging. Not much break time during the day, if at all. Finding coverage for an absent employee is difficult. Some days my floor is extremely busy and other days it is so slow that I get floated to another floor or even cancelled. Otherwise, LGH has well trained nurses and staff. Everyone is friendly helping visitors and patients get around. Lots of Education opportunities and committees/councils to join. The Presidents attitude toward "patients first in everything we do" trickles down to staff. He also personally makes rounds to all floors to make sure staff is doing well.
Great company to work for
Clinical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 7, 2016
I enjoyed my job and the people that I worked with. I was able to learn new skills.There was always opportunity to pick up extra shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lowell General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.