Lower Columbia College Employee Reviews

eLearning help desk assistant
eLearning Technical Support/Help Desk (Former Employee), 1600 Maple St, Longview, WA 98632June 28, 2015
Pros: Schedule was very flexible.
I worked for Lower Columbia for three years as a part-time employee. I would help teachers and instructors everyday solve problems and get them set up with there online courses. My management was amazing they trained me really well and were very helpful when I had any questions. My co-workers were very friendly and easy to work with. We had really good communication and supported one another if one of needed help the other would not hesitate to assist. The hardest part of my job was when we had to switch learning management systems. We had a very short time to learn the system before having to having to help with training the staff and students. The best part of my job was helping student and teachers with a problems. I really enjoyed finding solutions to problems that I didn't know the answer to right away and later coming up with a solution.
Lower Columbia College
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee), Longview, WAJune 27, 2015
I was responsible for upgrading and maintaining client computers, and assisting students with computer lab assignments. I learned how to setup automatic upgrades, documentation, and management of PCs as well as working with others. I also learned how to manage my time efficiently, and how to read body language when working with others. The hardest part of the job was not spending too much time assisting students. The most enjoyable part of the job was being allowed to make task related decisions.
Teacher Assistant for Head Start
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Longview, WAApril 19, 2015
Assist head teachers in all aspects of a Head Start classroom. A lot of time for extra call in work. Very rewarding working with children.
Fun workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee), longveiwFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no breaks
Over all this school was one of the best schools I have been to as far as working and learning. There are some things I don't agree with and that is all the enabling of drinking and drug addicts on campus.
Winco was a good place to work.
Course Study in Criminal Justice (Former Employee), Longview, WAJanuary 12, 2015
The potential for advancement was great if you paid attention how you had to qualify. They were very understanding about life outside of work and supported my decision to leave during my pregnancy.
A wonderful small-town campus.
American Sign Language (Current Employee), Longview, WAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: adjunct faculty can propose classes and seminars.
Cons: limited parking.
I really enjoy working at Lower Columbia College. Overall, it is a pleasant environment with friendly faculty. Lots of opportunity for professional development.
Amazing learning experience!
Accounts Payable & Admin Support Tech (Current Employee), Longview, WAJuly 13, 2014
Challenging, busy job with a high-volume of work! Details are very, very important, too!
Fun, fast and delicious!
Food Service / Hospitality (Former Employee), Longview, WAJune 25, 2014
Pros: diversity, energy and optimism
Lower Columbia College gave me the opportunity to express my personality in a fun and energetic atmosphere. The people that I worked with enjoyed serving others to their satisfaction. My favorite part of the job was being able to create food to the personal taste and desires of individuals. Witnessing their enjoyment, happiness and satisfaction made every day worth while.
Hard work and still a fun work place social
Grounds Worker (Former Employee), Longview, WAJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: flexible hours(based on school schedule), paid lunch, consecutive breaks, great work enviroment
Cons: no benefits
Wake up at 8 am and get to work around 10 am there would check recycling to see if anything needed to be put away then get tub of tools. Find a cart to use and head to the managers office to check priority work then some side jobs. Head out to the work site while picking up litter and spot weeding when needed. If workers already there pick up where they need help. Breaks were every 2 hours and a paid lunch if worked longer than 5 hours. At the end of the day check with manager if work was satisfactory and meeting. Sign out then put away tools and attire then retire home
Lots of fun work
Vice President of Student Activities (Former Employee), Longview, WaMarch 11, 2013
The work was great, can't go wrong with planning events! The manager had no clue about anything.
Work-study
Work-study (Former Employee), Longview, WAAugust 6, 2012
Pros: works around class schedules
Cons: can't work after graduation.
Pick-up and deliver mail, inventory copier supplies, deliver incoming freight, general receptionist, and work the inventory surplus for sales.
Post-Secondary Education and Professional-Technical Training
Director of Work-based Learning (Former Employee), Longview, WAJuly 30, 2012
Providing excellent service to post-secondary students who are aspiring to better their lives through education and training.
Work Study is tremendous opportunity for students
PATROL OFFICER/Work Study (Former Employee), Longview, WAMarch 28, 2012
Pros: super way to get an education and work as well
Cons: it can be clicky, would have done a few things different, if given the chance today, including choices of individuals to befriend.
This was a marvelous opportunity as I worked in various positions at the college and moreover I was introduced to many local individuals, which led to employment elsewhere.
My work involves working with people getting their GEDs
Transitional Studies Support (Current Employee), Longview, WAJanuary 11, 2012
Pros: great management, great students, great work environment
Cons: part-time position
I love this job. I have support from everyone I work with and I get an opportunity to encourage our students to get their GEDs. I also get to listen to the lessons that are taught and continue my education

March 28, 2012

LCC is a great school and it was nice to hear another say so as well