Lower Columbia College Employee Reviews

great place to work
Part-time, Anatomy and Physiology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Longview, WA 98632December 10, 2016
While the job is wonderful there is no security as an adjunct faculty member you take what you can get. As a tenured faculty member you have security and benefits.
A great place to work and great co-workers.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAMay 26, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of helping many different types of people with various computing issues.I have learned a lot from my co-workers about an enterprise setting. The management at LCC's ITS department is top notch as are all the employees there. The hardest part of the job is having to sometimes deal with very irritable or grumpy. The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of satisfaction when a project is finished.
great school
Computer Lab Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, WASeptember 22, 2016
its a school. it is what you would expect at a community college at longview. It has many good programs to get involved in school, sports, or club related
Community Feeling
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAMarch 18, 2016
LCC is a nice place to work. The team is friendly and supportive. The school is in a small community. They have good programs for high school children.
Lower Columbia College
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAJune 27, 2015
I was responsible for upgrading and maintaining client computers, and assisting students with computer lab assignments. I learned how to setup automatic upgrades, documentation, and management of PCs as well as working with others. I also learned how to manage my time efficiently, and how to read body language when working with others. The hardest part of the job was not spending too much time assisting students. The most enjoyable part of the job was being allowed to make task related decisions.
A fun and excellent school
Early Childhood Teacher (Former Employee) –  Longview, WADecember 11, 2015
Excellent College, Well Trained Staff and Professors, Mentoring Program. Individualized Certificate Program. This school is an excellent educational domain.
Great Work Culture
Marketing & College Relations Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, WASeptember 23, 2015
A great place to learn and work with a motivated team. Mutual growth and development opportunities are abundant. Reasonable due diligence in all necessary areas. People are informative and collaborative.
eLearning help desk assistant
eLearning Technical Support/Help Desk (Former Employee) –  1600 Maple St, Longview, WA 98632June 28, 2015
I worked for Lower Columbia for three years as a part-time employee. I would help teachers and instructors everyday solve problems and get them set up with there online courses. My management was amazing they trained me really well and were very helpful when I had any questions. My co-workers were very friendly and easy to work with. We had really good communication and supported one another if one of needed help the other would not hesitate to assist. The hardest part of my job was when we had to switch learning management systems. We had a very short time to learn the system before having to having to help with training the staff and students. The best part of my job was helping student and teachers with a problems. I really enjoyed finding solutions to problems that I didn't know the answer to right away and later coming up with a solution.
Pros
Schedule was very flexible.
Hard work and still a fun work place social
Grounds Worker (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAJanuary 18, 2014
Wake up at 8 am and get to work around 10 am there would check recycling to see if anything needed to be put away then get tub of tools. Find a cart to use and head to the managers office to check priority work then some side jobs. Head out to the work site while picking up litter and spot weeding when needed. If workers already there pick up where they need help. Breaks were every 2 hours and a paid lunch if worked longer than 5 hours. At the end of the day check with manager if work was satisfactory and meeting. Sign out then put away tools and attire then retire home
Pros
Flexible hours(based on school schedule), paid lunch, consecutive breaks, great work enviroment
Cons
No benefits
Fun, fast and delicious!
Food Service / Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAJune 25, 2014
Lower Columbia College gave me the opportunity to express my personality in a fun and energetic atmosphere. The people that I worked with enjoyed serving others to their satisfaction. My favorite part of the job was being able to create food to the personal taste and desires of individuals. Witnessing their enjoyment, happiness and satisfaction made every day worth while.
Pros
Diversity, Energy and optimism
Work Study is tremendous opportunity for students
PATROL OFFICER/Work Study (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAMarch 28, 2012
This was a marvelous opportunity as I worked in various positions at the college and moreover I was introduced to many local individuals, which led to employment elsewhere.
Pros
super way to get an education and work as well
Cons
it can be clicky, would have done a few things different, if given the chance today, including choices of individuals to befriend.
My work involves working with people getting their GEDs
Transitional Studies Support (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAJanuary 11, 2012
I love this job. I have support from everyone I work with and I get an opportunity to encourage our students to get their GEDs. I also get to listen to the lessons that are taught and continue my education
Pros
great management, great students, great work environment
Cons
part-time position
A wonderful small-town campus.
American Sign Language (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAAugust 28, 2014
I really enjoy working at Lower Columbia College. Overall, it is a pleasant environment with friendly faculty. Lots of opportunity for professional development.
Pros
Adjunct faculty can propose classes and seminars.
Cons
Limited parking.
Winco was a good place to work.
Course Study in Criminal Justice (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAJanuary 12, 2015
The potential for advancement was great if you paid attention how you had to qualify. They were very understanding about life outside of work and supported my decision to leave during my pregnancy.
Fun workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  longveiwFebruary 9, 2015
Over all this school was one of the best schools I have been to as far as working and learning. There are some things I don't agree with and that is all the enabling of drinking and drug addicts on campus.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks
Teacher Assistant for Head Start
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAApril 19, 2015
Assist head teachers in all aspects of a Head Start classroom. A lot of time for extra call in work. Very rewarding working with children.
Post-Secondary Education and Professional-Technical Training
Director of Work-based Learning (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAJuly 30, 2012
Providing excellent service to post-secondary students who are aspiring to better their lives through education and training.
Work-study
Work-study (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAAugust 6, 2012
Pick-up and deliver mail, inventory copier supplies, deliver incoming freight, general receptionist, and work the inventory surplus for sales.
Pros
works around class schedules
Cons
can't work after graduation.
LCC Foundation was one of the best jobs I have ever had. It was an experience that I will never forget.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAJuly 31, 2015
Co-workers were great, I taught them and they taught me. Greatest experience being a Receptionist. I loved working on flyers to show my artistic capabilities. Mailing out over 100 mail packets, receiving mail and organizing them according to whom they were for, taking care of financial records also records of the donors, and looking at the obituary daily to record deceased donors or past donors. I organized an event called the Scholarship Social where the students and their donors get to meet. I organized it using Excel Spreadsheet and I would call the donors to get a head count and I would set up bibliographies of the students to show their donors what they have been doing throughout their college time. The hardest thing about working there was that I didn't work that many hours a day and sometimes I wouldn't have anything to do since I kept up on all of it.
Pros
Filing, connecting with students and donors, organizing events, creating flyers, working with high spirited co-workers, learning new technology (STARS, Publisher, and how to run Outlook correctly)
Cons
Was only a temporary student job and some days were slow
Amazing learning experience!
Accounts Payable & Admin Support Tech (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAJuly 13, 2014
Challenging, busy job with a high-volume of work! Details are very, very important, too!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lower Columbia College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3