Lower Columbia College Employee Reviews

Great people, Terrible policy
Assistant Director of Forensics (Former Employee) –  Longview, WASeptember 28, 2017
Adjuncts here will get as raw a deal as they will anywhere else. Qualified individuals are passed up for jobs in favor of less knowledgeable, less experienced individuals. The instructors that you work with on a day to day basis are delightful, but the administration is so focused on capitalizing on international students that they don't even notice that instruction is suffering.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, Great coworkers
Cons
Poor pay, Terrible disciplinary policies, Unhelpful priorities
Amazing student job with amazing staff.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAAugust 19, 2017
A great place to work with amazing staff that makes you really appreciate people. The students that you help give you an amazing sense of accomplishment.
Pros
Staff, environment.
Excellent experience
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAJuly 16, 2017
Excellent experience for recent graduate. Worked on 60+ lab computers. Excellent supervisor. Included laptop work as well. Broad spectrum of skills learned and applied.
good
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAJune 20, 2017
I really liked the way indeed was set up, and it is easy to apply for different jobs around me in my area. it is very straight forward and helps you get the job that you are wanting in the field that you are wanting to apply for.
Passionate and supportive
Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAJune 4, 2017
Great place to work. Community and administrative support is off the charts. Small school but big heart and dreams. The people there make the difference.
Great Work Study
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAMay 23, 2017
I loved the work study at Lower Columbia College as a Landscaper. Worked with me and let me pick my hours I could work in between classes. Pay was Awesome
Pros
Pay, Let me pick how many hours I could work and let me pick my schedule, Great Supervisors and fun job as a landscaper
Cons
is just a work study temporary job
A great environment to gather more skills and help others follow their educational goals.
Instructional Tech, WorkFirst (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAApril 23, 2017
I enjoy working for LCC. I truly fell in love with the culture. There can be a lot of unfair hiring practices, but over all it's a great place. I would recommend others apply, and I have.
Excellent place to work
Transition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAApril 5, 2017
The three years that I worked at LCC were incredibly productive and satisfying. I was valued and respected as an employee. I was given the opportunity to pursue any education/information opportunities on campus.
Overall it was a great job
REGISTRATION ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAMarch 24, 2017
I loved working at Lower Columbia College, the people and other staff members were wonderful to work with. They really helped work around my school schedule and I got to learn tasks that will help me in future job endeavors.
Pros
Computer skills, flexible hours, amazing co-workers
Cons
Not always very busy
Wonderful work culture
Adjunct Instructor English Dept (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAMarch 13, 2017
Coworkers and supervisors are excellent to work with and the campus hires from a diversity of backgrounds and ages. LCC can initially be difficult to find a position with, but once an employee has joined, they will find opportunities to take on more responsibility.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
difficult to find full time work
Best place ever
Receptionist/Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAFebruary 27, 2017
I loved working for the diesel instructors because they were very nice and easy to get along with. I loved my work and took pride in making sure all instructors where happy with my work.
Pros
very nice bosses
Cons
only part-time
fun
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAJanuary 8, 2017
The people are very friendly and welcoming. The institution itself is one that is forever growing and going in the right direction. Don't have a single thing to complain about.
great place to work
Part-time, Anatomy and Physiology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Longview, WA 98632December 10, 2016
While the job is wonderful there is no security as an adjunct faculty member you take what you can get. As a tenured faculty member you have security and benefits.
great school
Computer Lab Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, WASeptember 22, 2016
its a school. it is what you would expect at a community college at longview. It has many good programs to get involved in school, sports, or club related
A great place to work and great co-workers.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAMay 26, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of helping many different types of people with various computing issues.I have learned a lot from my co-workers about an enterprise setting. The management at LCC's ITS department is top notch as are all the employees there. The hardest part of the job is having to sometimes deal with very irritable or grumpy. The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of satisfaction when a project is finished.
Community Feeling
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAMarch 18, 2016
LCC is a nice place to work. The team is friendly and supportive. The school is in a small community. They have good programs for high school children.
A fun and excellent school
Early Childhood Teacher (Former Employee) –  Longview, WADecember 11, 2015
Excellent College, Well Trained Staff and Professors, Mentoring Program. Individualized Certificate Program. This school is an excellent educational domain.
Great Work Culture
Marketing & College Relations Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, WASeptember 23, 2015
A great place to learn and work with a motivated team. Mutual growth and development opportunities are abundant. Reasonable due diligence in all necessary areas. People are informative and collaborative.
Cons
LCC Foundation was one of the best jobs I have ever had. It was an experience that I will never forget.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAJuly 31, 2015
Co-workers were great, I taught them and they taught me. Greatest experience being a Receptionist. I loved working on flyers to show my artistic capabilities. Mailing out over 100 mail packets, receiving mail and organizing them according to whom they were for, taking care of financial records also records of the donors, and looking at the obituary daily to record deceased donors or past donors. I organized an event called the Scholarship Social where the students and their donors get to meet. I organized it using Excel Spreadsheet and I would call the donors to get a head count and I would set up bibliographies of the students to show their donors what they have been doing throughout their college time. The hardest thing about working there was that I didn't work that many hours a day and sometimes I wouldn't have anything to do since I kept up on all of it.
Pros
Filing, connecting with students and donors, organizing events, creating flyers, working with high spirited co-workers, learning new technology (STARS, Publisher, and how to run Outlook correctly)
Cons
Was only a temporary student job and some days were slow
eLearning help desk assistant
eLearning Technical Support/Help Desk (Former Employee) –  1600 Maple St, Longview, WA 98632June 28, 2015
I worked for Lower Columbia for three years as a part-time employee. I would help teachers and instructors everyday solve problems and get them set up with there online courses. My management was amazing they trained me really well and were very helpful when I had any questions. My co-workers were very friendly and easy to work with. We had really good communication and supported one another if one of needed help the other would not hesitate to assist. The hardest part of my job was when we had to switch learning management systems. We had a very short time to learn the system before having to having to help with training the staff and students. The best part of my job was helping student and teachers with a problems. I really enjoyed finding solutions to problems that I didn't know the answer to right away and later coming up with a solution.
Pros
Schedule was very flexible.