ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR LOWER EASTSIDE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION
The Associate Director works with the Executive Director, who supervises the operation of a well-established low income housing agency (9 Projects, 17 buildings, and 9 commercial spaces). Areas of responsibilities will include overseeing aspects of assets/property management and compliance, community preservation, and supportive housing initiatives. The position will include some supervisory of staff and other oversight functions. A good candidate must have proven expertise in housing development and management. Position offers the opportunity for advancement.
TYPE OF ORGANIZATION:
Non-profit, affordable housing organization with an office employing four full time and three part time employees and a team of maintenance and superintendent staff assigned to the portfolio of residential buildings.
Organization website: www.leschd.org
- Experience and knowledge of Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program
- Experience and knowledge of New York City, New York State and HUD Housing Programs
- Experience and knowledge of administrative compliance as required by NYC, NYS and HUD
- Experience and knowledge of Section 8 program
- Bachelor’s Degree is desired. Professional Degree/Licenses, such as Real Estate Broker’s License, a plus.
- At least 5 years of prior experience in a similar organization
- Prior knowledge of real estate development and property management
- Experience with Urban Planning
- Experience managing and evaluating teams
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Proficiency with computer programs
- Generating Reports
- Strong communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Prior management experience
- Grant management and writing
REFERENCES: Upon request
SALARY: Dependent on experience
APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: COB, May 31, 2013
Indeed - 14 months ago
Low income housing development and mangement agency with a catchement area in teh Lower East Side of Manhattan.