Lower Eastside Service Center Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and interactive workplace
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 29, 2015
Conductive place to learn and grow. There's room for advancement and there's a lot of professional and educational trainings; internally and externally.
Pros
SUPPORTIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT
Cons
HEALTH PLAN COULD BE BETTER
Admissions intern
Admissions (Former Employee) –  46 East BroadwaySeptember 8, 2015
I loved my boss at LESC, he was patient , kind and expected a lot from me. He made me GREAT at what I did there which was Admissions. I had the experience of counseling and needed / wanted the admissions experience before I looked for a paying job. I feel as if I have it all now. I cannot speak to the rest of LESC all I know is that Admissions has thee best person running it!
Pros
hour lunches, flexible work schedule
Cons
often the people in other departments are not coordinated
Don't expect anything except to be overworked
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2014
Not just me but majority of the staff will tell you that are burned out because no one knows how to mange and supervise. I gave 110% of myself and was hoping to get hired but never did. Basically they use interns to do all the work, because they are understaffed.

Wish I had done my internship elsewhere. I felt like I didnt get the most out of my internship.
Pros
working with diverse population
Cons
overworked, didn't get hired
Interesting work diverse population and lots of variety.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2012
Work consisted of group, individual and family therapy for the drug addicted mentally ill. I began as an intern and was hired on permanently after I finished my degree. I learned about working with homeless people who used the facility as a resource for some structure in their lives. Management was located at a different location and seemed a bit out of touch with what we did on a daily basis although any changes made seemed relevant to what we were doing. I was very young and naive when I started there. Growing up in Idaho and moving to NYC was an eye opener and I had toughen up to work with the manipulative clients who wanted to continue to use street drugs at the same time being prescribed psychotropics. I loved my co-workers and my supervisor was a very understanding and easy going person.
Pros
calm easy going supervisor, work with a psychiatrist who understood the complex population we were working with.
Cons
it was a difficult population to work with in terms of making change, most of the work focused on maintenance.
Enjoyed working with my coworkers.
Intake/ Admissions Intern Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2012
Enjoyed my extensive internship at Lower eastside. My coworker were just as enthusiastic about applying and learning about the different modalities they came with the job. the hardest part about any job is when you are interning and working so diligently without pay for several months. the enjoyable as well as the teachable moment is when i realized that the clients were the purpose of my day not the interuption of my day. Being able to have such a positive impact on individuals lives is a great moment. I cannot save everybody however if i can help just one then my job is not in vain.
Pros
enjoyed my lunch time there was so much to see on the daily basis.
Cons
i gave a 110% still did not get hired.

Want to know more about Lower Eastside Service Center?

Ask a question