Lower Kuskokwim School District Employee Review

View all Lower Kuskokwim School District reviews

LKSD is about what is best for the employee.
Personnel Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bethel, AKJanuary 1, 2013
I have worked for LKSD for 18+ years. Excellent benefits, with health insurance included at no cost to the employee. Of course there is a deductible. I have had the privilege of having excellent supervisors who are understanding and supportive in the workplace and balancing that with home life.
Cons
cost of living in rural area is outrageous.

Other Lower Kuskokwim School District Employee Reviews

Love of interacting with students and family
Site Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Mekoryuk, AKOctober 26, 2017
Although the work as secretary is basically running the school since we answer questions to when our administrator is gone, we take responsibilities of taking on the role for what happens on daily basis. The most challenging, on my part, is dealing with tempermental student(s) and parent(s) and to find kind words and gesture sometimes are a challenge based on how the individual is. Overcoming challenges are accomplishments each day. The admosphere in our workplace has to be mutual and at times it's hard to find the common grounds, but when addressed gently things are better. We try to be culturally aware by speaking our native tongue and to share others with what we learn.
Pros
Free lunches, showers and laundry usage
Cons
short breaks, no paid hours on non paid days, not enough staff, not enough space
Great Start off Experience
Student Helper (Former Employee) –  Mekoryuk, AKOctober 11, 2017
I enjoyed working at my school. I was still a student and the employees there and my supervisor were all constructive and helpful to me. I was welcomed and enjoyed the learning experience there. I would recommend this job to students who are attending the school and have the extra time to help the school, staff and other students during their free time.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Tired after school but worth it