Lowers Risk Group Employee Reviews

FUSE HELP DESK / DEPARTMENTAL LIAISON (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VADecember 13, 2017
Rewarding experience, love working here! The company is all about family and everyone there works well together. We are always rewarded for reaching goals, each individual and as a team we are recognized for our strengths and for achievements.
Pros
Catered lunches each month, Christmas parties, reasonable breaks
Great place
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VANovember 29, 2017
I very much enjoy working at LRG. It is a very friendly and accommodation place to work. It really makes you feel like a family. Great pay, fun work, and great people.
Pros
pay, lunch, Pto, people, job
Cons
none that come to mind
not a bad place to work
Criminal Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAOctober 24, 2017
I'd have to say that this is a job for those who don't mind sitting at a computer 8 hours a day. I personally prefer a job that allows me to move, whether it's walking around or minimal movement(the more the better) but if you can get past the constant sitting then it's not so bad, the people and management are very friendly. The premiums for medical insurance doubled in the short time I was there so that was my main reason for leaving, that and the fact that I live 30 miles away and the pay was only $10.50 an hour.
Pros
easy work, nice coworkers and management
Cons
sitting through the whole shift, medical insurance premiums, low pay
Great Place to Work
Budget Specialist (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VAJuly 3, 2017
The people there understand work/life balance. The management takes care of its workers and is always seeking feedback to improve. I would recommend the place to anyone.
Horrible Work Environment
Criminal Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAJune 20, 2017
Management is the worst part about this place. Almost all of the supervisors working here are not even qualified to have their job in the first place (before I left we could barely find any new hires, so basically management jobs did not have many applicants, and the positions were unfortunately given to extremely unqualified people who do not even have criminal justice degrees or any real kind of education for that matter). Management will claim they care about the 'quality' of the work being put out, but they in reality care more about 'quantity'. They put so much pressure on people to complete their work extremely fast, instead of actually taking their time to make sure their work is the best it can be.
This was an extremely stressful, negative environment, and not worth the pay. The job itself is not hard or complicated to learn, but the poor management makes it unbearable, since they don't even answer any questions you may have most of the time. We have an extremely high turn-over rate and there's a clear reason for that. One of the company's core values is that 'we're a big family and care about each other', but the people working here won't hesitate to stab you in the back for their own personal gain; it's like being in high school all over again.
Pros
Catered lunches once a month, good benefits, good hours
Cons
poor management, poor quality of work being put out by employees due to poor management, Stressful environment
Avoid this company
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Purcellville, VAMay 11, 2017
Job starts out wonderful like all the other reviews have stated but then goes right down hill quickly. Management and team leads are chosen on how well you kiss butt or suck up to upper management. Team leads are extremely rude, do not care about anything but numbers, and never help but so quick to reprimand you when you make a mistake. The work environment was laid back but you had to constantly be walking on egg shells waiting to get yelled at. They suck you in by treating you well at first then everything just rolls down hill. Don't expect any sort of communication or training!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
everything else
Number driven
Criminal Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAMay 11, 2017
More concern with the productivity over the quality. It could be a important learning environment, sadly the environment is only driven on the productivity or one will be terminated on any given day.
Just okay job
Criminal Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VAApril 30, 2017
I've worked here for over a year, it started out great. It has progressively gotten worse. Training is severely lacking, they "teach" you something for an hour and then throw you into work and penalize you if you make errors. Supervisors are chosen based on their popularity, many of them are horrible at their jobs. They are incredibly hypocritical and petty. Some of them just don't even bother responding to emails.

The schedule is not flexible and not really conducive to a life outside of work. You can either be there at 5:30 am or take the second shift and get off at 11. There's no happy middle ground like most office jobs.

The pay is decent, the benefits are okay. The work itself is interesting enough. But things change too rapidly to be able to keep up with.
Pros
Decent pay, catered meals, fun events
Cons
Strict environment, horrible leadership
Fun place to work
Criminal research analyst (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VAApril 19, 2017
Pretty interesting. advancement oppourtunities exist. You see a lot of interesting court cases and learn about the court system. It also shows you the bad side of society
Pros
Cake
Cons
They took the cake away
Good Enough Job/Career Potential Questionable
Criminal Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VAApril 19, 2017
There are only 2 shifts available for researchers and both are not time conducive to fostering a healthy work/life balance. You could advance to a supervisory or trainer position if the person who would become your future supervisor simply likes you as a person. Your personality is valued above any performance metrics at this company. Make sure your values match this company's values or else you will feel unsuccessful and maladapted your entire tenure here.
Pros
Office Experience
Cons
Isolation, Exhaustion, Monotony
Starts off good, but doesn't continue on that path
Criminal Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAMarch 15, 2017
This job started off to be exciting and fun for me. It was a brand new office at the Georgia location and I was a part of the very first training class. It was my first job in this field or even in an office setting at that. It quickly started changing and I realized that there is an extreme lack of communication. The supervisors care more about numbers than they do training efficiently and correctly. Things are constantly changing and researchers are the very last to know, which is a HUGE mistake. Avoid at all cost. It isn't what it is cracked up to be.
Pros
Monthly events
Cons
Lack of communication, management
Fun Workplace
Criminal Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VADecember 23, 2015
Laid back job with room to grow.Great supervisors and a lot of flexibility with your schedule.Room to grow and move up within the company.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lowers Risk Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9