LOWES DISTRIBUTION CENTER Employee Reviews

A great place to work.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2015
A typical day at work is getting the job done without compromising the quality of work. I learned how to interact with a diverse population through proper leadership and management skills which illustrated why each and every day the job got done. Through my expertise in leadership and management skills, I was able to learn each and everyone of my employees, learn their strengths which aide me in my task and project management.

The hardest part of my job was days when a person was not able to make it into work. When that happens, it put an extra load on an individual. Although we managed to get through it. The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying customers and making employees feel good about their job.
Ok place to work
Warehouse/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Findlay, OHJune 1, 2015
Pros: 4 ten hour shifts, offer a weekend shift
Cons: Management unfair, have put me in unsafe working conditions
Lowes has a E2 performance program that causes an unsafe work enviroment , with this program workers are paid by their work performance that make a lot of people drive around on equipment to fast and sometimes unaware of their surroundings
Good benefits with good pay. Slight difficulty expressing issues/concerns to management.
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Findlay, OHMay 21, 2015
Pros: Good pay and great benefits, good work schedule
Cons: difficulty communicating issues, concerns and ideas up the chain-of-command.
- Good pay
- Great benefits (vacation, health & dental, personal days)
- Effective work flow
- Too many supervisors
- Good work schedule (10 hour days, 4 days a week [M-F])
Wasn't the best
Packaging (Former Employee), North Vernon, INApril 25, 2015
Was going good until my fiancé went into labor and I got fired for leaving early to go to the hospital. The work was hard on my back.
Great benefit package with IRA and stock.
Traffic Controller (Former Employee), Somerset, KYApril 17, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed the staff and benefits.
Cons: I started work at 4AM. Company relocated to different state.
The company relocated. I worked in traffic control. I would print pick tickets for the warehouse crew to complete order shipments for stores. Contacted trucking company for load hauling. General secretarial duties.
productive and great place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAMarch 30, 2015
Cons: lay offs during slow seasons
great people to work with, they train you on all the things you need to know. safety is gone over every morning before work and they even stretch with you.
room for improvement and busy
Mechanic 1 (Former Employee), Centralia, WAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: independence, payed well, benefits
Cons: very micro managed, termination decisions based on stats-numbers not individual
My experience with lowes revolved around being independent and self motivated. It was unique due to being a distribution center mechanic /building maintenance and the general manager being my supervisor and manager with operations separate from maintenance. A typical day started with an hour or more of network asset management program entering the previous days time , parts and costs. I set my work schedule as i seen fit, safety related repairs first, required preventative maintenance due, and power equipment repairs. My schedule was extremely full in order to follow all corporate maintenance requests involving how to do your job and the network wide preventative maintenance schedules with everything from water fountains, building columns, concrete floors requiring routine inspections, to frequent equipment breakdowns, building system break downs, requirements with safety committee, first responder obligations, to clerical duties, and janitorial type jobs with little outside contractor funds available and not other maintenance staff. Any helpers were always pulled back to operations. Management was great because he left me to be independent and self motivated. Lack of understanding with maintenance in general lead to not understanding the importance of equipment upkeep and deterioration, need for contractor assistance as a lone person in a 188,000 sq ft. distribution building doing all maintenance related tasks and much more. Co workers were frustrated with management, lack of following through with area's that needed attention, or issues, supervisor professionalism and ability – more... to related on a common level that left the co workers feeling respected. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet corporate requirements, keep my customers or peers with functional and safe equipment, do tasks normally reserved for the maintenance clerks or admin and supervisors, like setting up the hazmat program after 4 years of running the operation without proper steps being taken, having to sell used equipment, enter all my time, enter all parts i buy and use, update assets that weren't entered correctly or assets not in the system, not being able to hire out contractors to get equipment or building assets repaired due to not wanting to spend the money. Many of my peers in other centers kept there work caught up from cutting corners on repairs, not keeping the asset management software system up to date, not entering parts, not completely pm's but filling out the paperwork and doing something else and closing it as if it was completed. The most enjoyable part of the job was The wide variety of dially duties that were done. From hiring contractors, big repairs on equipment, reading diagrams , to discussing issues with peers and management, committee responsibilities, special projects like electric, remote control flat bed trailer tarp lifting hoist, expense projections for the following years, and so on
Edit review – less
Shipping Dept. Associate (Former Employee), Plainfield, CTFebruary 17, 2015
Great place to work, lots of hands on training for the right individuals. Emphasis on safe work practices for the employees.
Fun place to be just got to make quota when you working
Receiving Team Member (Former Employee), Mt. Vernon, Tx.February 15, 2015
This job to me was very organized, fun, and the most thing that sticked out was they had their own cafeteria and 300 doors. They gave you the chance to make whatever type of paycheck you wanted to see depending on how you worked and how consistent you could be with it. The only thing you had to watch out for is your attendence, real strict; they go by the point system.
Very encouraging place to work!!!
Receiving Team Member (Former Employee), North Vernon, INFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: decent benefits, hire from within
Cons: sometimes the leadership has to be hounded to help you advance.
The culture at Lowe's in general is very uplifting and encouraging. You either work 4 - 10 hour shifts a week or Friday, Saturday and Sunday for 12hrs and get Monday through Thursday off. The work/life ratio is about the best I've seen. Generally, they try to build you up to take on leadership roles. If you ask for it they do it faster. Very little to say about this company in the negative.
VERY FUN WORKPLACE
Order Selector (Former Employee), Perris, CAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: giveaways, free lunches, anual party
Cons: hard time getting good pallet jacks due to senority
IT WAS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR,VERY FAMILY ORIENTED.I LIKED THAT THEY WOLD PROMOTE FROM WITHIN.I HAD GOOD CO-WORKERS AND VERY HELPFULL MANAGEMENT TEAM-MEMBERS.
I liked it but I get to detracted
Warehouse Associate/Outreach Program (Former Employee), Pittston, PAJanuary 7, 2015
You but labels on the product and put them on a convenor belt. You unload trucks or load them. Pick the product off the shelves then put the label on it and put it on the cart.
Good place to work; but has some management issues
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Garysburg, NCNovember 13, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: under staffed and changing production requirements
Operate forklift, pick items in warehouse-scan and ship out

Operate forklift and Laser Radio Terminals(scan guns)

Not understanding to workers' needs or rights

Good crew, just over worked

Meeting production requirements being under staffed.

Shipping out and meeting production requirements
Fast paced enviornment
Lead- Sorter Operator (Current Employee), TexasOctober 29, 2014
Lead Sorter Operator for the Lowes Distribution Center, overseeing all operations for the sorter operations. Ensured all products are properly sorted & distributed to correct location without being damaged.
Team Member (Former Employee), Adairsville, GAOctober 13, 2014
alot to learn with this company if you have an open mind to want to learn. Alot of advancement opprunities.
Great Benefits, Terrible Leadership, Illusions Of Advancement
Performance Instructor (Former Employee), Rockford, ILSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: great benefits, self based performance incentives, 3 day work weeks, frequent incentive meals and gifts
Cons: lack of leadership and direction, cutthroat work environment, high turnover rate
Moving Trailers around Terminal yard as directed my Distribution Management System, Training all new hire personnel for Yard Driver position. Leadership lacked direction on day in and day out expectations, self sufficient run operation with seldom radio communication with assignments and forecasted tasks other that daily obligations from management. Great team morale mostly due to lack of leadership from within building. Most difficult part of job was the training aspect but was also the most rewarding when the team member grasped the concept of the day in and day out functions of preforming the yard driver role.
Busy days
Fork Lift Driver (Current Employee), IndianaSeptember 10, 2014
On a typical day I am busy pulling stock from the orders. After stock is pulled it needs to be organized and placed in the trailers in an efficient way, so it will travel safely to the stores. The co-workers all get along and help each other out.
Great Workplace
Warehouse Team Member (Former Employee), Perris, CAAugust 25, 2014
I recieved a lot of training while working there.I enjoyed all my coworkers, and the people I worked under were very helpful and encouraging.
Its a job
Loader (Current Employee), Findlay, OHAugust 16, 2014
Pros: bonus, safety oriented
Cons: healthcare costs, breaks, lack of work at times
Not my kind of work. Its very labor intensive and you top out max pay very quicl with no room to increase. Other than your bonus. To move up in the company is hard as well.
Family activities
Forklift, Reach Truck Operator (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, TXAugust 13, 2014
Pros: lots of family activities
Cons: unsure about job duties some days
A typical day at work was fun and productive. I was certified at the job to drive the reach truck. Management was ok but I think they could be better in areas such as communication and managing areas to work. My co-workers made everyday fun to be around which made the day go by quicker and also made working easier. The hardest part of the job was sometimes you did not know exactly what your job would consist of and the most enjoyable part was just being around co-workers that love to work.