Lowes Food

Lowes Food Employer Reviews

productive learned more about becoming a Manager
Deli Associate (Current Employee), Hickory, NCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: for part time not any
Cons: little pay and expect a lot of hard work.
When you arrived at work you would look to see what the schedule was. They would assign different work to different people each day. When working at night I would be the Person in Charge and make sure everything was handled correctly. You would make sandwiches, fill the shelves with product and make sure everything was neat and in order. Work at the hot bar and make salads for the SDS counter. I had my supervisor help me with looking at things differently as in a managerial position. I have applied for Assistant Manager and Managers position in the deli but there was co-workers there longer than I. The hardest part of this position is when it is not busy and I keep all the other workers busy and not enough to keep my self as busy as I would like.
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee), Burlington, NCDecember 11, 2014
Cons: hours can vary greatly, only part time
Constant Work
Great Place to work
Good place to work if looking for flexible part time
Easy job, flexible hours, variety of job options in a given store
Productive Workplace
Stock Clerk; Janitor (Former Employee), Pinehurst, NCOctober 29, 2014
I worked the graveyard shift. I would clock in and immediately start on the task at hand. Once I finished my designated pallets, I had to clean the floors with the scrubber.First I would spot mop the floor then scrub it with the scrubber, afterwards I would buff the floors. I never too much dealt with management since I was working third shift. The hardest part about the job was buffing, the most enjoyable was the coworkers. My employment was cut short after I had called in one night, I had to leave town for a family emergency. Once I returned, I found out I was terminated accidentally. The gentleman I spoke with when I called out thought I called to quit. Therefore my supervisor put in my termination papers thinking I had quit.
Cashier (Former Employee), Archdale, NCSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: part time
I got to open the store and be the only register open and was resonsible for special event. I set up pumpkin painting for he kids during halloween.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 16, 2014
I loved people different people and learning about different product
Excellent workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE LEADER (Current Employee), Southport NCJune 16, 2014
Pros: flexible on availability and schedule
I'm currently a morning book keeper/Customer Service Leader. A typical day at work for me is being there by 6 am to clock in and taking out the first register till and counting it to make sure the standard amount of money is in the till. Next is counting the cash office to make sure everything is balanced out. Then i put all Tills out in its registers and file reports to make sure sales match. (Ex. Western Union, Lottery, Money Grams). Once completed i deposit money to our bank manually. Once that is done i'm going back and forth loaning money to registers, And coaching new cashiers how to handle their money and supervise all cashiers and bagger's to make sure they follow their duties. I've learned how to manage inventory in the store, reconcile tills, manage employees breaks and schedule when we are short an employee, i also learned how to process Western Union transactions and file paperwork and Vendor payments. The most important value i learned is providing excellent customer service to all guest that shop at our store. Management is a little shaky in some departments of our store schedule are late at times, Managers are not up to speed during some changes in the store. Co-workers are friendly but most are not dependable at all making it hard to call people in if someone calls out. The hardest part of the job is multitasking. This skill is crucial to being a customer service leader. If you are a book keeper you have to do both manage money and make customers happy. The enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and seeing the smiles of customers faces when they shop here.
it was a job
Manager of Customer Service (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 7, 2014
not a good place to work
management only out for themselves
you have no job security
well not work with you
don't want to pay anything for what they get
fun growing environment
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 21, 2014
Pros: gas reward program
Cons: part time
learned everything there is to know dealing with great customer service working at lowes food
Some good day, some bad days
Part Time Deli Clerk (Current Employee), King, NCFebruary 21, 2014
The corporate office expects us to do more while not giving us the necessary tools or equipment to do so. Daily work is ok if you don't mind working with customers.
fun workplace
Bagger/Cashier/Butcher (Current Employee), Mount Airy, NCFebruary 16, 2014
fun to work but doesent pay good. not hard work. friendly people and managers.
I learned how to run a deli and be responsible and that the customers are the that come first
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), NCJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: benefits and the pay. meeting people and helping them and working during the day.
Cons: changing managament to much and not hiring dependable people and working holidays
When I first started when the new store opened I loved my job, after several years they kept changing managers at the store and it got kind of difficult with all the changes they kept making, but I went along with them.My job used to be really fun and not stressful, but over the last couple of years the pressure of losing good employees and them being replaced with a lot of young people and others that didn,t care about their job and just working for a paycheck to me that was really hard for me, because my job was really important to me.The best thing I liked was my customers. I have a gift to gab and I loved talking to them and waiting on them and making them happy. I have always go along with people and enjoy meeting new people.
interesting
Assistant Produce Manger (Former Employee), Huntersville, NCJanuary 15, 2014
It's pleasure to assist and learn new things about the food industry.
nice place for part time work
associate (Current Employee), hickoryNovember 17, 2013
nice people to work with, very hard to get full time, only hire part time. will cut hours but want you to do the same amount of work
productive and fast pace environment
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCNovember 2, 2013
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work includes unloading of the produce and displaying it, while maintaining enough product for customers to purchase throughout the day.

Working at lowes food will teach you time management skills and patience. My coworkers in produce are both friendly and enjoyable to work around. The hardest part of this job is heavy lifting. At times, there are things I am unable to lift or reach.

The most enjoyable part of working this job is the flexibility.
Friendly and well efficient work place.
Cashier (Former Employee), Ocean Isle Beach, NCOctober 30, 2013
Pros: great customers.
Cons: no health care til a certain amount of working their
Great place to work. Management was great. Most coworkers were friendly and did their jobs well.
Cashier/Fuel Attendant (Former Employee), Hickory, NCOctober 15, 2013
Cons: short breaks or no breaks in gas station
I loved working here! I had a great store manager and amazing co workers
One of the best companies by far!
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee), Ramseur, NCSeptember 25, 2013
requires cleaning, stocking candy and operating register. nice friendly environment. Best 1st job if high school and I loved how they work around school and my events!
fun place
grocery clerk (Current Employee), NcSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not so many hours
A typical day at work is, clock in, work, rest, work, and clock out
I learned to time my works to be more efficient. Sometimes there is a whole lot to do by myself
No management here, but the managers are the simplest and most open guys ever
The co workers, really hardworking and cool
The hardest part of the job is the cutting of hours sometimes
However it is a very quiet environment that I really appreciate
Good work place just not good management,
Bagger (Former Employee), Knightdale, NCSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: bad management
A typical day at work was to go in start bagging groceries & get carts if needed. Then whenever i had to close, i would do chores, which would include; getting all trash, cleaning bathrooms, break room, & offices, & block the beer & wine section (pulled all beer & wine to the front to make it presentable) I learned social & people skills. I learned how to approach people in a positive & mannerable way. My manager was not that good of an manger, She was rude to me & other co-workers. I was lied on by other members of staff higher rank then me & for that my hours were cut. The hardest part of the job was trying to get more hours from my manager. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers. They made work a lot easier for me.
Productive and fun workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Shelby, NCSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: more than minimum wage
Cons: don't work around your personal life such as school
I loved this job. I wished they would've worked with my schedule. A typical day at work was you get the job done, help customers, and keep the store clean. If you did that you wouldn't have to worry about anything negative. There wasn't any hard part about the job. The best part about the job was helping the customers some of them were a pain but most were enjoyable.

1 2 3

About Lowes Food

Lowe's Food Stores operates a chain of more than 100 supermarkets in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia. The stores – Read more