Lowes Foods, LLC Employee Reviews

It was not a good experience.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 14, 2018
I did not enjoy my time at Lowes Foods whatsoever. My manager was the bane of my existence. At a year and a half, I had been there six times as long as the average employee. They were constantly hiring despite having too many employees to give anyone adequate hours. I was usually scheduled for a single four-hour shift in a week, and if I got sick or something and couldn’t be there, I was punished by having my hours cut to zero the following week. I started making minimum wage—$7.50 at the time—and received one raise of 20 cents after a year. There was no room for advancement unless they suddenly lost someone due to loss prevention issues because they hired managers in instead of promoting employees that were already there.
Fast paced environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCJanuary 9, 2018
This was a fast paced environment when one learns to interact with a with range of personalities. The job was typically stress free and fast-paced. This was my first job.
Fun and awesome job to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Advance, NCJanuary 8, 2018
Clean place to work at. Awesome management. Great benefits. A very busy place to work at as a cashier. I loved interacting with the customers and helping them out.
Nice work environment with reasonable managers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 6, 2018
I like working there mornings could be really slow but after it’s kinds quick paced. Management are very helpful and nice and i enjoy all of my coworkers
Pros
Discount & paid breaks
Cons
Short breaks
Terrible management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Southern Pines, NCDecember 20, 2017
Management is so awful they don’t care how you’re treated,andwant you to work ridiculous hours and then expect you to cut your hours. Pay raises are few and long between just overall not a good experience.
Its about what you would expect
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Southport, NCDecember 10, 2017
No different than stocking at any other grocery store. Take the good and the bad. Very monotonous. easy though. stock stock stock then go home. Get paid .
productive and sometimes enjoyable.
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kernersville, NCDecember 8, 2017
Lowes is a good place to work for high school kids or college students. You don't have the same work schedule everyday or week. Its very stress and demanding all the time.
Friendly coworkers
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 7, 2017
The only reason I left Lowe’s was because of the low pay for the amount of work I was doing. I enjoyed the people who I worked with and most of the managers. The manager who actually ended up making me decide to leave is actually gone now, so it is probably a much better environment now.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Pay
sadly have to leave
lead frozen (Current Employee) –  Cape Carteret, NCNovember 22, 2017
Because of the new management staff treating everyone but those who brown nose like dump I am looking to get a new job will be with them until I am hired but as long as they are there I wouldn't want anyone to apply to them so they don't get ran through the dirt and made to feel like dump like me and other in that store.
Great
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCNovember 13, 2017
I've worked for Lowes and Food Lion. I much preferred Lowes. The pay was consistent between stores but because for the price of the merchandise, you get a better clientele. The management was better too. I only worked parttime but their fulltime benefits were nice from what I heard.
Fun and got to meet favorite customers
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ramseur, NCNovember 7, 2017
If cash register is what you want, this is the place to go. Meeting customers and helping people when they need you. Staying busy all the time. Friendly employees.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Standing long hours
Nice place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Knightdale, NCNovember 6, 2017
My first job I ever had so I took it easy and learned all my manners and customer service Bc of Lowe’s foods. I had to scan 38 items through the scanner in 60 secs minuimum
Good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXOctober 23, 2017
Management is great, bad at hours when they cut down they cut down bad! Pays reasonable for the enivorment. They work with you if need off. Overall good place
A lot of backstabbing and stress
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Murrels Inlet, SCSeptember 17, 2017
Working there in the deli was intriguing at first. Got to meet new people every day. We had a system that worked for us and didn't have any problems except sometimes with other shif employees.
Too many employees coming in and leavin, after a short time there is becoming a problem, in my opinion.
Lowes Foods
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Stuart, VASeptember 14, 2017
I worked for Lowes Foods for 6 years. I enjoyed the management. The employees and management felt like a family. I learned a lot from the management. I would recommend Lowes Foods for employment.
n/a
brakery (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCSeptember 13, 2017
I like working at lowes foods it just that some of the managers and Co workers are disrespectful and drama. also it's hard to get days you ask off when you were the first person on the list to ask for the day
Pros
breaks and benfits
Cons
bad management and poor communication
Fun family friendly.
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCSeptember 9, 2017
Loved lowes! Awesome place to work, everyone was so fri belt and the store was very family friendly. Lowes was unlike any grocery store I had ever seen. Truly something worth seeing.
cashier and management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 8, 2017
I loved the job but there was this one manager that acted like a jerk towards the employees, didn't like us associating with our family I had to walk out because my daughter had baby shower and she told me she could not let me off to go to her shower and my family reunion. The customers loved me
Pros
discount on Lowes Foods products
Productive and very relaxed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCAugust 27, 2017
It was a fun place to work, the other employees were very nice and good people to be around. The manager are very funny and good people and makes you wanna work for them
Pros
Subway is next door
Cons
Short breaks
Good for skills
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Kernersville, NCAugust 23, 2017
Lowes Foods is a good place for a first time job and looking to get some decent skills that you can use practically at any other minimum wage paying job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lowes Foods, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8