Lowes Foods Employee Reviews

Very Friendly Enviroment, Productive, Well balanced work place
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, NCJanuary 31, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working with this company. It was a very friendly work environment it felt more like family than co-workers. It was a very productive job and it made the days go by so much faster. I woke up ready to go to work. All together it was a well balanced work place.
Communication
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Knightdale, NCJanuary 12, 2016
Lowes Foods is undergoing changes with remodels spread across the region. It can be a fun atmosphere for individuals that desire a fast pace environment and enjoy constant shift in priorities. Over all, the company is good. The corporate management really does care and wants to improve the over all feel for guests and hosts. With that being said, there is a struggle between the old and the new. New host hire in and want to be the best at their job and follow the new practices. However, many of the veteran host do not seem to enjoy the change. This creates a difficult situation across most departments. The transition process for the company is still new, and until it is given time to adjust it does not feel stable. If you can endure the changes and enjoy doing the funky chicken dance and yelling "Hot Fresh Bread" every now and then, this would be a perfect fit for you.
Pros
Fun, Different, New Concept
Cons
Outfits, Transition period
Lowes Foods is great
BAGGER / CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Kernersville, NCJanuary 8, 2016
A typical day at work for me is going in at 10am to bag groceries, retrieve carts, assisting guests/customers in finding things and making sure that they are happy and leave happier.

At my job I have learned to be polite to people while they fuss at me about something that I have absolutely no control over. I have learned to resolve conflicts peacefully by having to deal with problematic customers.

The management at Lowes Foods is excellent. They know what people work best together and as a result, I generally work with the same people every day. The managers are all super nice as long as you do your job. I have never felt like I was being micromanaged. They generally have the same shifts each week whereas The people on the front end like me have changing schedules every week. That helps us out because when customers ask for the manager on duty we can use the intercom and call the manager by his or her name.

the hardest part of my job is when my coworkers don't pull there weight and I have to do more than what feels like my fair share. I do it and I rarely complain. The only time I complain is if its the same people and they have been doing it for a few days.

the best part of my job is that everyone that works there is really nice to each other. We may get on each others nerves at times but we always work together as best that we can.
Pros
great environment, friendly people, great friendly Customers
Cons
breaks could be longer, wages could be higher
the change in 'concept' of store does not fit with me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 7, 2016
The culture of the Company has changed dramatically and I am uncertain how long term success will be.

The Company used to promote individualllity with associates and stores. The new 'culture' is much more regementated and structured so all stores are the same.
To me. that has pros and cons and only time will tell.
Pros
close to residence
Cons
loss of individual store and associate identities
Good work environment
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCJanuary 6, 2016
Lowes Foods had a great work environment except for the employees that brought down everybody's mood because of their attitudes. The greatest part of the company is the Lowes Foods to Go, which I worked for over two years. I had a great time working in the Lowes Foods to Go department, the orders would come in to the store and as the personal shoppers for the store we would download the orders to our handhelds and gather the requested items for the customers.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Healthcare, Hateful employees
Enjoyable with the right team
Deli Cook (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 3, 2016
A day at Lowes Foods was predictable if you know the team you have for that day. I learned how to use a meat slicer, I also learned what a scan coordinators responsibility was. I also learned the importance of excepting the inventory from vendors. The hardest part of the job was understanding different attitudes from your team . The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know different people.
Productive and fast paced
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCDecember 10, 2015
Cut meats and cheese for customers, stocked deli, hardest part was dealing with angry customers, most enjoyable part was meeting new people and helping customers out
Positive Work Environment
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Stuart, VADecember 6, 2015
The staff and management at Lowes Foods are an awesome team to be apart of. I love my job. I have learned so much about customer service and have gained skills that I will carry throughout my life.
great benefit ,good job culture lowe's food beleve in outstanding guest service
sale associate (sausageworks manager (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, SCDecember 3, 2015
lowe's food is good company to work for and they have very high standard. the company believe in guest first and i'm all about that,but you have to care about your worker too. but without your worker you cant function a store.the thing i dont like about lowes is it a who you know base to get promote to the next level
Pros
great job culture, good benefit
Nice place to work with friendly people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCNovember 26, 2015
Lowes Foods is a nice place to work. They have a friendly staff who is always willing to help, good training, and managers that care.
fairly good
3rd shift stocker (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NCNovember 19, 2015
Good to work for and have a lot of hard working people there. Not much room for advancement and descent management. Helping customers is a priority but have some people who don't fully understand how to do their job
great first time job
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 13, 2015
this is a great first time job. but for a career no, bad benefits, and pay. An OK second job but i would look else where for that too.
Lowes Food
deli/bakery (Current Employee) –  Archadale NcNovember 12, 2015
A typical day at Lowes food would be cooking the chicken and getting the hot bar set up and making the stuff we usually put out every other day or so.
Good Times Overall
DSD Receiver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 10, 2015
A lot of great people to work with. Safe work environment. Management was decent. The front end Manager was full of herself.
Loved this job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 10, 2015
Very professional and friendly management who were very willing to work with my school schedule. I worked pretty much the same days every week and was paid weekly. The managers would also give out store gift cards to all of the employees on holidays which I thought was very nice and considerate!
Productive workplace
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 24, 2015
Fun place to work with very helpful and friendly staff as well as management who are there to help with whatever you need the best they possibly can. It is a very driven and family oriented place and the best part was doing the chicken dance for the kids!
Horrible place to work.
full time cash office host / back-up DSD receiver (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 23, 2015
If you like getting talked about by managers to your other coworkers then Lowes foods is the place for you. A typical day at Lowes Foods is like working at a daycare. The customers are very tolerable but the employees, not so much. There are a bunch of twenty somethings running the front end and I happened to be one of them for two years. Even on your days off you will get calls because clearly you are the only one willing and capable of doing your job. Any problem you have you might as well keep it to yourself. Getting sexually harassed? Management could care less and if you go above their head to HR you'll just be called stupid and get belittled.
Working for Lowe's Foods
Produce Clerk/ Pick-N-Prep Ninja (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 15, 2015
Working for Lowe's Foods has been interesting to say the least. Calm environment with good people. Management needs to communicate a little bit better, but not as much as other places I have worked.
Great work enviroment
Pricing Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 15, 2015
I enjoyed working with this company for 14 years. Was saddened that they closed my store. Company provided great benefits.
Interesting
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 8, 2015
Enjoyed meeting new people. Supportive management. Very fast pace work environment. Friendly co-workers. Comprehensive training. Great store location. Many advancement opportunities.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
not enough hours