Lowes Foods

Lowes Foods Employee Reviews

Interesting place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 23, 2015
The benefits/compensation for working at Lowes Foods is terrible but I appreciated the work experience and the crew members.
Part time
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), North Wilkesboro, NCJune 23, 2015
Pros: Friendly people
Cons: not enough money
Just a part time job while I was trying to better myself, If I was to be in the grocery business it would have to be management. I learned customer service, different products in the store and where they go. Rotation.
Only If You Need It
Bakery Associate (Former Employee), Apex, NCMay 20, 2015
Pros: Complies with law regarding lunches and breaks
Cons: Boring and Unfulfilling
This experience is typical of jobs for teenagers. Take out the trash, deal with customers, the same mind-numbing tasks day-in and day-out. Its not really that bad for this kind of work, but it should only be taken by people who can only get $10 per hour work.
teamwork
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMay 18, 2015
Pros: employee discounts on store brand items
Cons: not enough employees for everyone to get there breaks or lunches
All employees worked as one unit. Team work was extremely important in keeping our guests happy and wanting to return to shoppat our store. without our customers, we wouldnt have jobs.
I loved Lowes Foods
Cashier (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMay 14, 2015
Pros: Making new friends, nice co-workers, great starter or summer job.
Cons: Hired too many employees, shortened hours after a while, CSL have slight attitudes sometimes.
Lowes Foods has taught me a lot personally. I started working there at the age of 16 and I am still employed there. It started out with getting lots of hours and not so many workers, but soon as the upgrade came with the store and remodeling, I quickly dropped from 16-18 hours a week to 5-10 hours a week, which is nothing when you start off making 7.25 an hour. Hardly get a raise, which is a quarter every year. Like I said, it is still fun filled, but it is better for high school, and starter jobs.
Fast paced very seasonal location to work at.
Store Manager, Level (Former Employee), Ocean Isle Beach, NCMay 4, 2015
Pros: Salary and benefits
Cons: Long work days with minimal breaks
Each day brings a new challenge. Managing all aspects of day to day operations unloading trucks, managing payroll, expenses, profitability and store conditions. I have always had a great rapport with my associates, superiors and the vendor community. During my tenure at Lowes Foods I have had 2 Co-managers promoted to Store Manager, 3 Department Mangers promoted to Co-manager and 6 Assistant Department Managers promoted Department Manager.
Hiring over 200 seasonal associates for the last 4 Summers has been very challenging. The area I live and work in is very rural with not many qualified applicants. I have enjoyed watching associates that have been promoted from my store grow with Lowes Foods. I have also enjoyed setting individual sales records for my store 4 years in a row and the all time sales record in Lowes Foods History.
A productive fast pace place to work
Cake Decorator (Current Employee), Clemmons, NCApril 29, 2015
Pros: schedules
a team of great individuals working together to provide great baked goods to the community. I loved being able to make someones day by fixing them the perfect cake.I also enjoyed learning new ways to decorate them.I've worked with some great decorators over the years.
Being able to learn different things in the deli!!!
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Greenville, NCApril 12, 2015
Pros: Able to learn how to make special things that could help my family.
Cons: The cons were sometime there were no team work, especially with the deli manager.
A typical day at Lowes Foods were to make sure that the Salad Bar were set up on time, and to make sure that the salads were made and price right. Also to make sure that the customers were happy with their orders. There were so many more things that we were taught, and to do them to the best of your ability.
Great job
Cashier (Former Employee), GrahamNCApril 8, 2015
I was rewarded with a trip to the fair for carding an under-age person buy alcohol. It's a grocery store job that has great benefits and a light and friendly work environment.
fast paced
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 2, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job was being with people. I am a people person. I enjoyed the different customers each day.
It was a good company to work for.
Customer Service - Personal Shopper (Former Employee), Knightdale, NCApril 2, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: An overload of orders made it tough to get breaks
A typical day at work was shopping grocery orders for my customers. I learned the aspects of the job. The main thing is this position was to be personable, enthusiastic, and fast paced but with accuracy. Most of my co-workers were very helpful when I needed it. The hardest part of the job was usually being able to keep up with the high demand of a lot of grocery orders. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my customers and co- workers. I got to know my customers on a more personal level. They all became my family.
Great workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Salem, NCMarch 31, 2015
Great workplace with a great employees but horrible corporate office micro management. Do not miss this company or the way I saw a lot of employees treated.
Good Starting Job
Cashier, Bagger, Cart-Pusher (Former Employee), Apex, NCMarch 21, 2015
I learned how to work a cash register as my very first job. I loved the people I worked with, the management and my coworkers made it very difficult to leave to move to another state. The hardest part of the job was when I first got the job there, they had me as a cart pusher. At the time, I weighed about 95 pounds and pushing heavy objects plus being small didn't work out very well. They eventually put me as a cashier and a bagger. In the mornings I would clean and put air in balloons for kids and hide the balloons that played music because it drove me insane lol. I never worked at night since I was 16 at the time and couldn't drive at the time. Overall, if you are looking for a starter job, its the best place to work.
Cashier/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMarch 18, 2015
Where I work i learn a lot. I spend a lot of time with customers and other co-workers. I love helping others and getting to know other people. There is not really a hard part of my job its a great place to work
customer focused
Deli/Bakery Manager (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMarch 18, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: lack of communication
Good company to work for. Very understandable when comes to family affairs. Certain management needs to work on people skills.
Loved working with public for no money
Customer Service Clerk, Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Lumberton, NCMarch 15, 2015
Pros: the customers/ excperiance
Cons: not worth the money/ if u worked as hard as i did
I worked for lowes foods for 5 years... I topped out at $8.50/hr... That is sad. I started out as a bagger... I wanted more hours so i asked them to cross train me to be a cashier. I got no pay raise for this... and barely any extra hrs... Just got used more actually... then 2 years later I finally got a semi promotion to produce clerk.. got like a 50 cent raise.. lol while i was produce clerk... they "cross trained" me in meat dept., Floral, stocker, deli.... basically i worked every dept in the store and made 8.50 an hr.... never layed out and never was offered any sort of compensation.
For a Company that has Christian values they have put thousands of people out of work in the last 3 years families have struggle...
Customer Service Manager/District Trainer (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCMarch 4, 2015
I enjoy what a do I love my employees I do not think that the company is going in a direction I wish to follow.
I am the district trainer,hiring manager, and run a store of my own. and if I didn't want to take a 8.00 pay cut to stay I have to take a severance because Lowes is closing my store.
Lacks follow-through
Full Time (Current Employee), Murrells Inlet, SCMarch 4, 2015
Pros: double fuel rewards
Cons: no system in place designed to bolster moral
Lowes Foods is one of the better shopping experiences in the area but their off-sale prices are higher than competitors. In order to drive business the company often does a "make-over" of how it presents itself to its customers. The push is for higher levels of customer service than our competition can offer but (even if its at the expense of efficiency) only weeks after announcing the push department hours are cut to the bone.

As with many companies, communication is a constant issue. In 3 years, as non-management, I've been asked to attend only 1 meeting. With 2 title changes I've moved into departments with no experience and no training and I am embarrassed when customers are expected to view me as an "expert". To not fail I found myself studying on my own time and dime.

Job security is high as they don't let go of employees lightly but hours are not guaranteed. Turn-over rate is high. Full time positions are few but they do promote from within. In many ways the company feels like its setting itself up to fail.
Lowes t
Cashier/Bagger (Current Employee), Hickory, NCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: great shift management
Cons: work holidays
A typical day at work would be to assist customers to the fullest of my ability, and to check them out through the cash register, I learned very unique customer service skills, and that the management was very professional. My co-workers were like family, and very supportive. The hardest part of the job was to have to stand still in one place, but also was an advantage. The most enjoyable part of the job was to know that almost every customer I encountered I put a smile on their face.
Fun and up beat work environment.
Office Clerk (Current Employee), Hampstead, North CarolinaJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: location, co-workers, guest relationships, learning new skills daily
Cons: not many full time postions available
A typical day as an Office Clerk at Lowes Foods would include supervising and providing every guest with the fastest and most pleasant checkout experience possible. The basic duties of an office clerk are to perform sales cash and invoices. I have learned many new skills at Lowes Foods including how to process invoices, balancing out tills, processing payments and processing returned checks, performing surprise till audits and detail audits, while learning how to manage more than eight host at a time. Management and Co-Workers at Lowes Foods I would say are above and beyond excellent. We are more than just a guest service leader, cashier, bagger, manager, or office clerk. We are local legends who go beyond the standards to give that guest an unbelievable experience throughout their shopping experience. The hardest part of the job would have to be seeing a fellow host who should really doesn't belong in retail give a guest a bad service. This is a difficult task for me especially. I want our guest to be treated with up most respect at all times and when you see a fellow host going below the standards and you talk to them several times and nothing really happens, that to me is hard having to deal with it. The most enjoyable part would be Customer Service I enjoy helping my fellow guest even if its something simple as checking to see if we have a product in the back that wasn't out on the shelves to helping them with a checkout issue. I enjoy helping and letting that guest know that I am their for them.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lowes Foods

Lowe's Food Stores operates a chain of more than 100 supermarkets in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia. The stores – Read more

Lowes Foods Salaries