LOWES HOME IMPROVEMENT WAREHOUSE

LOWES HOME IMPROVEMENT WAREHOUSE Employer Reviews

Good Company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 5, 2015
Great resume builder. You will work hard, and you can accomplish what you want to. The pressure is there to accomplish though.
Fast pace on your feet
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Fayetteville, GAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: not very organized and job security was very low
I spend most of the day making sure each cashier has had a break and lunches as well making sure they are maintaining there post properly. I dealt with day to day complaints and refunds and exchanges. I helped customer find products through out the store efficiently.
Great coworkers and area manager
Certified Sales Associate Building Materials (Former Employee), Alton, ILDecember 19, 2014
Typical job for younger people. Stocking shelves, answering questions, helping people find items, and pulling orders was the normal day. The area manager was great and easy to work with, my coworkers were friendly and were fun to be around. The hardest part of the day was sweeping the concrete aisle. The zone manager was sometimes hard to deal with but overall it was not a bad place to work.
productive
customer service representative (Former Employee), Flint, MINovember 12, 2014
Pros: educational
Cons: retail hours
I loved working at Lowes, because I love designing homes, and it helped me with my craft.
A good company to work for
Head Cashier (Former Employee), North Wilkesboro, NCAugust 19, 2014
Pros: good enviroment
Cons: long hours
Many responsibilities I had the opportunity to supervise other people I leaned so much, mostly how to handle all types of people. The hardest part was all the long hours
Lowes was a fantastic place to work, I loved it.
Sales Associate/Department Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 24, 2014
Pros: great team environment, work was fun and enjoyable
Cons: corporate office would send us ways to better the store, which in return made it more difficult for the shopper but wouldn't listen to the average joe.
Job culture is low because moral for the most part was low and none of the upper management, knew or cared how to boost it.

One time I was asked to stay late on the 4th of July because all of the managers were. I never even questioned it until I noticed about 30 minutes later that no noise was going though the warehouse, I paged everyone to see where they were and they had pulled a prank on me and locked in, I had to escape through a fire exit to leave the building. Great lesson learned for me and my future managerial tactics, absolutely terrible thing to do to a fellow employee.

For the most part people cared about what they did, I for one ran ALL of the how to courses and loved doing them, unfortunately, I never got a thank for you this. One of the main reasons I left was because I was 19 at the time and was now allowed to speak to other members of the team my age. When I did I immediately was brought into the office and questions whether I was having relations with these co-workers. Which I was not. If I had ended up having feelings for one I would have requested a transfer which was legal in that company, since I wasn't and I was happy at the time, I didn't find it necessary.

By far the most enjoyable part of my job was helping someone who knew nothng about home improvement and by the end of the time I had spend with them the complete joy and confidence was worth every minute.
Mediocre company
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), TXMay 1, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: lack of motivation, not challenging
Lowes is a good place to work if you enjoy retail, but other than that I would only work there if I had no other option.
A good job for those that know their way around a workbench or garden.
Cashier (Current Employee), Martinsburg, WVApril 14, 2014
Pros: kind customers, casual dress-code, good benifits
Cons: confusing and chaotic management
All in all this is a good place to work. The management is a bit chaotic and confusing but the pay is good and the customers are friendly and patient.
Fun place to work
Night Stocker (Current Employee), California, MDDecember 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches
I go in and start to put frieght away in my assigned department.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARDecember 21, 2013
Friendly and understandable management. Fast paced, and a lot of walking.
all
Customer Service Desk Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 2, 2013
great place to work; especially if you are a college student. various shifts and hours available. many different departments
Lowes values customers but ruins employees doing it
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCApril 7, 2013
Pros: it's a job. you can get away with a lot if you're a screw up. health insurance.
Cons: working with lazy screw-ups. poor scheduling. burned out managers.
Scheduling is ridiculous. You get one weekend every four (which to be truthful should be expected in retail) but then the "standardized" schedule punishes you with 7 straight days of varying shifts without regard to sleep cycles; then one day off and a minimum of 4 more days on for the privilege of having that weekend off. Managers could control this but it's too much bother and time away from myriad of tasks company says it doesn't have them working on.

Maximum raise to be expected is .20 during yearly review at our store. Can usually expect .10. Plenty of long timers in lower management so there's no where to advance to unless you have someone in tip top management pulling for you (in return for?). It is usually hard to get fired once you're hired. You have a 90 day probationary period that you'd have to perform really really really bad during to not make it. Once through that you'd probably have to try to kill someone to be dismissed. Actually watched one employee punch in and leave on many occasions with no consequences as the previous store manager and his Dad went to college together and they were best buddies.

Huge problem with "customer" theft, L.P.'s hands tied nine ways to Sunday, usually best to be hoped for is "customer servicing" regular evil doers (holding their hand during entire visit) until they give up and leave.

Some nice folks to work with once in a while though many are just plain worn down by schedule. Most, particularly the younger ones have no pride or ownership in work and only want to do what they have to (but are ready to make sure YOU do what's – more... suppose to be YOUR share).

Best part of job is customers you ask to help and they let you. Worst part is customers who DEMAND help with many things when they have but to read on the label or exercise common sense. Many times they are not satisfied with your answer and will precede to ask many other fellow employees the same question until they get the answer they want or leave in frustration (only to complain to management on the way out). – less
Fun, easygoing
Title- Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: competetive wages
Cons: fluctuations in economy create unstable work security
Lowes places high priority on employees' family life and allows plenty of flexibility
Very Unorganized
Cashier (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: staff issue
Typical Day At Lowes In Plymouth Meeting, PA... Consist Of Mass Amounts Of Customers, With No Staff. I Learned To Keep My Composure When It Comes To Customer Service. The Management Is Ok But Could Be Way Better In My Eyes. My Co-workers (under management) Are Amazing. The Hardest Part About Lowes Is Doing Someone Elses Job While Trying To Do Your Own (due to understaff issue). Most Enjoyable Part Of My Job, Is Going Home.
productive--educational--customer friendly---friendly workplace
FLOORING SPECIALIST AND TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Alexandria, VADecember 10, 2012
Pros: chance to learn different departments
Cons: hours and pay
a totally productive experience---lots of room to grow in the industry.hard work will pa off.you have to be flexable for hourly shifts.very pleasent working atmosphere.the best part of the job is customer satisfaction.
Had Fun.
Hardware Associate/Loader (Former Employee), Dover, DEOctober 13, 2012
Pros: great team
Cons: management changed my last year.
I had fun working at Lowes expecially loading customers vehicles.
Sexism and Favortism
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), WestminsterSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: paid the bills
Cons: untrained management, sexism, favoritism, cliques
Life outside of Lowes did not exist. The only way to advance is if you were one of managements favorites. I felt like I was always looking over my shoulder and management was unwilling to listen to any ideas, nor did they show any appreciation when you went above and beyond.
Enjoyed the time I could work one on one with customers
Sales associate in home d├ęcor (Former Employee), Kingston, NYAugust 23, 2012
Management was not overly concerned with customer service just meeting quotas
Customer Focused and Cares about it's employee's
Delivery and Installation Driver (Current Employee), Middleburg, FLAugust 22, 2012
My day consists of coming in to work and figuring out what has to be loaded and delivered for that specific day. Deliver and install appliances as well as other product sold in the store. The hardest part of the job is the physical aspect. Having to maneuver appliances (that aren't the lightest things in the world) into tight spots. Sometime having to disassemble the product completely and reassemble it once back inside the house (i.e. French Door refrigerators). The most enjoyable part is the interaction with the customers. I am a very LOYAL employee.
Lots of work low income
Team Leader (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMAugust 15, 2012
Pros: plenty of avenue's to move up, always something to do
Cons: low pay
Never had nothing to do in this store (which isn't a bad thing) I learned how important customer service is, how far you need to go to meeting someone's needs. Management typically was fair to good, some bad managers out there but few and far between (at assistant store level and higher positions), Co-workers where fun, and very friendly. Hardest part about the job was to deal with so many different things that people wanted you to do. Most enjoyable thing about the job was the fact that there was always plenty to do.