Loyola Marymount University

Loyola Marymount University Employer Reviews

BCBG
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 30, 2014
Recognized as a global leader of women’s contemporary fashion, BCBGMAXAZRIAGROUP continues to grow and diversify. With an international vision of Bon Chic, Bon Genre (French for Good Style, Good Attitude), BCBGMAXAZRIAGROUP maintains the highest standards in creativity, quality and innovation in its product offering, operations and staff. We are currently – more... seeking creative, talented and dynamic individuals to join our growing workforce of over 10,000 employees.

I recruit for BCBG in the following fields:

Specialties: CORPORATE FASHION
Production
Product Development
Technical Design
Textile Design – less
doing good for a stranger
note taker (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 17, 2014
The job is simple. Write and submit notes to a disabled anonymous in my classroom. It is not a difficult job at all, I do it to help someone, make a little difference in his/her learning experience.

Taking notes in class is something we don't think about often. We take it for granted. When I first sent my notes to the disability services, I asked myself, – more... "Are my notes understandable? Would they be helpful?". I started caring for someone's wellbeing, and I improved my notes overtime to provide my best help. I love helping people, and I want to do my best while doing it. – less
Job Duties
Academic Records Coordinator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 29, 2014
• Established and maintained legal, permanent student records for effectively tracking student academic progress.
• Provided timely and accurate data to faculty, administrators, staff, and students.
• Composed correspondence regarding student registration, academic records and graduation records.
• Made adjustments, waivers and substitutions to student – more... programs. – less
Hard working and technical environment
General Chemistry Laboratory Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 12, 2014
Loved running my own lab and really getting to know and helping my students. Worked closely with professors and graded student work. Even helped me solidify certain topics better by teaching it to others.
Very productive work place
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: a lot of holydays
Cons: no free lunch
The best part of my job is continuous learning. In university always I am in contact with people.
Great place for starting experience
University Relations Administrative Assistant IV (Current Employee), University RelationsDecember 11, 2013
Pros: the work environment is not intimidating
Cons: minimal advancement
my current employer has given me the opportunity to do on the job research as well as the opportunity to interact with donors on a daily basis. I have also had the opportunity to sharpen my database skills as well as my skills on Excel, Outlook and Microsoft Word.
Fun workplace, worked on a student salary.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 19, 2013
I was the main receptionist for LMU. I'd answer the phone about 100 times per hour. It was a fun job and I really learned how to work a phone system very well. The only problem was they paid me minimum wage.
Overall a good, stable organization to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 19, 2013
Pros: great benefits, including 403(b) matching
Staff are great to work with and very personable. Lots of opportunities to get involved with volunteer services and associations. Great for entry level and mid-level positions.
LMU
Payroll Assistant-Work Study (Former Employee), Los AngelesOctober 21, 2013
Professors ,staff and students are happy to help visitors.The staff in any department are knowledgeable about their job their field .
A friendly environment to work in
Administrative assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: helpful people.
Take care of day-to-day activities. Be a liason between Administrators within the school of Film and Television.
Working at LMU is great
Library Information Commons Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 11, 2013
My supervisors are incredibly nice and understanding. They allow me to do homework in between helping students and dress in casual clothing. It's great working on campus and in a building as lovely as the William H. Hannon Library. I love that I help students better use the library's resources and facilities. The hardest thing I have to do is help students – more... locate applicable research in the library databases for their class assignments. – less
Fun and a great job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 13, 2013
Pros: peaceful enviroment
Cons: job didnt last long
Working at Loyola Marymount University was the best. My job was being a customer server. On a daily basis, it was consistently dealing with students and the mail, organizing paper work, heavy boxing to push and pull. However the environment was nice and peaceful. I learn how to organize mail properly as well as working on the computer. The hardest part – more... of the job was to be consistent with who's mail belongs to who and prices of stamps. The best part was the peace and quite – less
Providing customer service to students
Clerical (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 21, 2013
Pros: celebrations, great boss
Cons: sometimes hectic days
Work day began at 8:am. First thing in the morning get online to answer phones and check messages. Do call-backs.
What I learned was that customer service is the main part of the job.
Time management was essential, as students need their transcript
and other services in an expediant and timely manner.
Worked with both professionals and students co-workers, – more... with good working relationships.
The hardest part of the job was meeting dead-lines, and correcting any errors made during the workday.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting good reviews for a job well done. – less
Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 10, 2013
Pros: self directed work, no mircromanagement, learning
Cons: pay not great
Good environment, good people, and it was fun. Lots to like.
Work Study
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 24, 2013
My job at Loyola Marymount is to fulfill my work study requirement. I assit with tasks for our upcoming International Business and Ethics Case Competition.
Slow environment, but fun to work with the students.
Studio Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2013
Pros: teaching
Cons: low hours
A typical day involves opening the lab for the students to work on their projects. Help students in any of their projects and encourage improvement on their work. One can learn a lot from students imagination and enthusiastic attitude. There is no coworkers involve in this job. The hardest part of the job is keep the class in check and have the students – more... continue to work on their projects. The most enjoyable part of the jobs is to see the students grow and develop their skills through the different projects. – less
okay place to work
Director of Freshman English and WAC (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 1, 2013
collegaility dependent on the chair and the culture of the department
College Job
Computer Lab Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 23, 2013
Computer Lab Assistant (Part-time)
• Assist LMU students with computer and technical issues
• Monitor computer lab operations and student activity in lab
• Troubleshooting of potential IT related issues
Nonprofit volunteer org
Student Office Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 3, 2013
This was one of the most passionate, yet professional organizations I have worked for.
Hard working and committed to excellence
Assistant Coach, Men's Soccer (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 17, 2012
Pros: free travel, working with students daily
Cons: weekend working hours...
Early riser for a morning workout, then office work, training, players meetings after training. Always improving time management for the student athletes and look to advise them and help with their needs. I enjoy challenges so there is no hard part of any job. Being young and hungry to grow as an educator and seeing growth is what is important.