Loyola Marymount University

Loyola Marymount University Employer Reviews

Highly demanding job involved a lot of communication and collaboration with the owner.
Field Researcher (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 14, 2015
As the main office assistant, my entire experience was very engaging and informative. Learned to quickly use various business and excel software programs to execute the essential paperwork between the service provider and clients.
Review Summary
Coordinator to Director (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 31, 2014
Pros: lots of benefits and flexibility, paid vacation, access to working with students, accessible, gym, and access to classes.
Cons: lots of changes made for constant change in overall organizational structure.
The benefits at Loyola Marymount were great. I also achieved a healthy work / life balance--taking classes and working out at the gym were just a few of the perks afforded by the benefit of working at a University.

The only complaint I have is that the department I was working at was experiencing a lot of growth--which is great--but it made for kinks when working out the overall management style.

Other than that, no complaints.
Fun place, College campus
Retail Manager II/ District Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Westchester, CAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
It was overall a great place to work, very good. We were supported well by upper management
Best job of my life to date.
Associate Museum Curator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 21, 2014
Working for LMU was the greatest job experience that I've had to date. It was a life changing experience and set the course for the next several years of my life.
Fun Envrironment
Sigma Tau Delta President (Former Employee), Westchester, CAAugust 22, 2014
This wasn't a job per say, in that I was not paid for time, but it was an enjoyable experience and is on my resume because of what I learned by serving as president of this organization.

The most difficult part of this was getting members together for monthly meetings - trying to do something, fun, entertaining, and interesting to make others want to participate. The flip side of that is what was so enjoyable about it - getting to enjoy the time of fellow English majors to learn and grow in the craft, and just have fun.

This was my first leadership role and I learned many things by being the one in charge. Most importantly, coordinating with the cabinet as well as members of the group and putting together the annual induction ceremony for all new members.

Very proud time for me.
Beautiful School
Campus Recreation Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 20, 2014
Pros: beautiful scenery
Cons: parking
Great school! Beautiful Scenery. Wonderful, friendly people.
BCBG
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 30, 2014
Recognized as a global leader of women’s contemporary fashion, BCBGMAXAZRIAGROUP continues to grow and diversify. With an international vision of Bon Chic, Bon Genre (French for Good Style, Good Attitude), BCBGMAXAZRIAGROUP maintains the highest standards in creativity, quality and innovation in its product offering, operations and staff. We are currently seeking creative, talented and dynamic individuals to join our growing workforce of over 10,000 employees.

I recruit for BCBG in the following fields:

Specialties: CORPORATE FASHION
Production
Product Development
Technical Design
Textile Design
doing good for a stranger
note taker (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 17, 2014
The job is simple. Write and submit notes to a disabled anonymous in my classroom. It is not a difficult job at all, I do it to help someone, make a little difference in his/her learning experience.

Taking notes in class is something we don't think about often. We take it for granted. When I first sent my notes to the disability services, I asked myself, "Are my notes understandable? Would they be helpful?". I started caring for someone's wellbeing, and I improved my notes overtime to provide my best help. I love helping people, and I want to do my best while doing it.
Job Duties
Academic Records Coordinator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 29, 2014
• Established and maintained legal, permanent student records for effectively tracking student academic progress.
• Provided timely and accurate data to faculty, administrators, staff, and students.
• Composed correspondence regarding student registration, academic records and graduation records.
• Made adjustments, waivers and substitutions to student programs.
Hard working and technical environment
General Chemistry Laboratory Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 12, 2014
Loved running my own lab and really getting to know and helping my students. Worked closely with professors and graded student work. Even helped me solidify certain topics better by teaching it to others.
Very productive work place
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: a lot of holydays
Cons: no free lunch
The best part of my job is continuous learning. In university always I am in contact with people.
Great place for starting experience
University Relations Administrative Assistant IV (Current Employee), University RelationsDecember 11, 2013
Pros: the work environment is not intimidating
Cons: minimal advancement
my current employer has given me the opportunity to do on the job research as well as the opportunity to interact with donors on a daily basis. I have also had the opportunity to sharpen my database skills as well as my skills on Excel, Outlook and Microsoft Word.
Fun workplace, worked on a student salary.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 19, 2013
I was the main receptionist for LMU. I'd answer the phone about 100 times per hour. It was a fun job and I really learned how to work a phone system very well. The only problem was they paid me minimum wage.
Overall a good, stable organization to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 19, 2013
Pros: great benefits, including 403(b) matching
Staff are great to work with and very personable. Lots of opportunities to get involved with volunteer services and associations. Great for entry level and mid-level positions.
LMU
Payroll Assistant-Work Study (Former Employee), Los AngelesOctober 21, 2013
Professors ,staff and students are happy to help visitors.The staff in any department are knowledgeable about their job their field .
A friendly environment to work in
Administrative assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: helpful people.
Take care of day-to-day activities. Be a liason between Administrators within the school of Film and Television.
Working at LMU is great
Library Information Commons Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 11, 2013
My supervisors are incredibly nice and understanding. They allow me to do homework in between helping students and dress in casual clothing. It's great working on campus and in a building as lovely as the William H. Hannon Library. I love that I help students better use the library's resources and facilities. The hardest thing I have to do is help students locate applicable research in the library databases for their class assignments.
Fun and a great job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 13, 2013
Pros: peaceful enviroment
Cons: job didnt last long
Working at Loyola Marymount University was the best. My job was being a customer server. On a daily basis, it was consistently dealing with students and the mail, organizing paper work, heavy boxing to push and pull. However the environment was nice and peaceful. I learn how to organize mail properly as well as working on the computer. The hardest part of the job was to be consistent with who's mail belongs to who and prices of stamps. The best part was the peace and quite
Providing customer service to students
Clerical (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 21, 2013
Pros: celebrations, great boss
Cons: sometimes hectic days
Work day began at 8:am. First thing in the morning get online to answer phones and check messages. Do call-backs.
What I learned was that customer service is the main part of the job.
Time management was essential, as students need their transcript
and other services in an expediant and timely manner.
Worked with both professionals and students co-workers, with good working relationships.
The hardest part of the job was meeting dead-lines, and correcting any errors made during the workday.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting good reviews for a job well done.
Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 10, 2013
Pros: self directed work, no mircromanagement, learning
Cons: pay not great
Good environment, good people, and it was fun. Lots to like.