Loyola Marymount University Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 7, 2017
Was given fewer hours than I would have liked, but the school was very accommodating when time conflicts with my other jobs interfered. Everyone is extremely kind and patient when you work with them.
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 3, 2017
This was an on campus job that I started working my first year in attendance at the school. It was for my federal work study grant and my first actual job.
Productive place to work
Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 10, 2017
At LMU I was introduced to almost every are of development and received database, gift entry, account creation and gift tracking experience. I also gained experience in running reports and basic queries.
Friendly staff and interaction with prospective students
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Friendly and productive work environment. Introduction to professional work with the Undergraduate Admissions Office. Lots of interaction with prospective students. Amazing community of fellow student ambassadors.
Enjoyed a lot
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2017
When we do something which we love most , it will be beneficial for us.It was so much fun and challenging part. Everyday new task with new challenges and new inspiration push me a lot.
Pros
flexibility in timing
Cons
Competetive
Great University environment
Financial aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 13, 2017
Arriving early to set up office to serve students and [arents concerning Financial aid questions or resolving problems. Set up phones to receive calls and answer questions. Input data into the system to updated documents from the students.

Attend meetings on syggesting ideas on how to improve the service and share troubleshooting techniques when dealing with difficult students or parents.

Document all events of the day and review detail information on the computer system for recent updates.

Helping students or parents that receive financial aid is rewarding and finding scholarship funds for students made my day great.
Pros
Helping research free money offered thru scholarships
Cons
Negative attitudes
Productive & developement in skills
Library Programming Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 10, 2017
You get practice with excel progress and efficiency. Experience in event planning and successful outcomes. Great supervisors
Amazing education
Event Operations Assistent (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Great school that is able to provide a great education for all types of students. Getting an on-campus job has many benefits, such as: working with fellow students and receiving time for homework.
Incredible work enviorment
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2017
LMU Distribution center provides a great work environment. The job is a continuous learning experience and allows you to grow. The most enjoyable part of the job is the great relationships that have been made.
Excellant work setting
Program Coordinator - Study Abroad Program (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 2, 2016
Working with the team of coordinators was enjoyable and educational. Assisting the team place students in the international program's available was a bonus to the work accomplished.

Want to know more about Loyola Marymount University?

Ask a question
Great work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Playa Vista, CASeptember 7, 2016
Very nice work environment. Great co-workers and team players. That job was a temporary assignment but I wish that I had the opportunity to be a direct hire. Great place to work.
Pros
Great Employees
Great Comraderee
Conference Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2016
Very relaxed work environment with straight forward demands. Management was almost non-existent as the longer you worked at Event Operations. Hardest part was getting everyone to get on the same page before the crew would begin working. The job is considerably easy and only got easier with time.
Pros
Break room, occassional free meals, trust
Cons
N/A
Challenging, fun, and productive work place
Solid waste handler/Recycling plant operator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2016
One of the biggest lessons I've learned working at Loyola marymount university is what I get paid every two weeks does not truly represent what I'm actually being compensated. although I would love to get paid more for what I do, the reallity is that my job has giving me so much more in the form of personal growth, understunding how big organizations operate, how to work in teams, how to resolve conflict in a respectfull manner, the importance of giving back and countless other lessons.
Pros
Lots of paid vacation time
Cons
Campus gets extremely hot in the summer
Very little room for advancement
Senior Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2016
Depending on which college you work for, the culture is generally good. There is definitely a division between how faculty and staff are treated, though. Very little room for advancement and the pay is below what it should be in Los Angeles. Good work/life balance, but again, this depends on the college you work in.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
no advancement
Productive workplace, great experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2016
Marymount was productive, and welcoming environment that was proven to be essential to nurturing my talents. I learned many things like how to interact with customers and collaboration,
Pros
Extended breaks.
Cons
Healthcare
Perfect Experience
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2016
As a graduate Assistance it was an excellent experience working in LMU and participate in critical projects in Californian.

Brilliant Experience.
Comfortable work environment; good benefits
Sr. Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2016
A great place to work if you want to continue your education. Faculty and students are treated well. The location is nice
A decently paced work place with flexible hours
(Student) Administration assistant secretary (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 23, 2016
I worked two positions at Loyola Marymount. I was a student worker in the school's Administration and Payroll department. My typical day consists of answering phones and responding to general questions. I would also file and alphabetize student and staff paperwork. And during the days when my supervisor was out, I would take messages for them. And in the payroll office specifically, I would hand out checks and help students fill out payroll related paperwork.
Pros
Flexible hours, nice coworkers, pretty stressfree environment
Cons
Not that many hours offered, no holiday pay
School job
Front Desk Employee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 27, 2016
Basically you have to have one, and this one wasn't half bad. I could sit at the front desk and talk to some of the residents as well as do my homework. Kind of a win win.
nice campus
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 14, 2016
I like my school a lot , though there are defiantly things I get confused about scheduling and class wise and sometimes projects pile up in the end I feel like I'm treated equally and like an adult here and that all of my professors really want to help me and see me succeed. Overall the campus is gorgeous, the facilities are all pretty nice and modern, and the quality of students is very high. LMU is filled with passionate people which makes you want to work harder because everyone here is already so knowledgeable and driven. It's defiantly the kind of place that you won't get bored at, if you want to go out or be apart of things or events theres one pretty much every day being thrown by one of the departments or organizations on campus. I like my school a lot , its defiantly a very happy medium between a small tight knit collage and a bigger more active, connected, and involved university.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loyola Marymount University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4