Loyola Marymount University Employee Reviews in United States

School job
Front Desk Employee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 27, 2016
Basically you have to have one, and this one wasn't half bad. I could sit at the front desk and talk to some of the residents as well as do my homework. Kind of a win win.
nice campus
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 14, 2016
I like my school a lot , though there are defiantly things I get confused about scheduling and class wise and sometimes projects pile up in the end I feel like I'm treated equally and like an adult here and that all of my professors really want to help me and see me succeed. Overall the campus is gorgeous, the facilities are all pretty nice and modern, and the quality of students is very high. LMU is filled with passionate people which makes you want to work harder because everyone here is already so knowledgeable and driven. It's defiantly the kind of place that you won't get bored at, if you want to go out or be apart of things or events theres one pretty much every day being thrown by one of the departments or organizations on campus. I like my school a lot , its defiantly a very happy medium between a small tight knit collage and a bigger more active, connected, and involved university.
Fun people to work with
Assistant Coach & Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 4, 2016
The people were great, however administration often made it difficult to do your job. Compensation made it difficult to survive in Los Angeles, however getting to spend so much time in a sports related atmosphere was great!
Great community
Student Affairs Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 20, 2015
LMU is about community - where students, staff and administration all are encouraged to be the best selves they can be. We believe in service for others and whatever capacity brings you to LMU, you do thrive.
Pros
Lots of learning opportunities
Cons
Long days
Research for credits
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westchester, Los AngelesSeptember 27, 2015
Most days were spent maintaining plant specimens in the greenhouse or conducting analysis on samples, the latter of which would take many hours to complete due to many duplicates of data points.

I learned a great deal about biostatistics due to assisting my professor with the data analysis for her research. The rest was standard lab technique and some instrument experience.

My professor was very busy due to becoming the new Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies, so she was not around as much in the later half. Fortunately, she had given me more than enough instruction and guidance for me to get things done in a timely manner without her managing me.

I was working alone on a specific branch of her research, so I rarely had "co-workers". The closest would be those before me who had generated the data I was analyzing.

The hardest part of my job was the long hours spent conducting analysis upon hundreds of bottles of samples. However, after this undertaking, the rest of research was mostly easy-going.

The most enjoyable part for me was learning more and applying biostatistics to meaningful data and interpreting what it meant.
Pros
Mostly enjoyable, approachable professor, experience
Cons
Some long hours
Excellent department. Wonderful faculty and students.
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 5, 2015
Loyola Marymount University is a great place to teach. I learned as much from my colleagues as I did from my students! I started with one class and grew to four. My classes filled up on the first day of registration That is the ultimate compliment!
Inviting and productive work environment
Manager of Event Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 12, 2015
On a typical day in the office I would come in and assist any client that was currently at the desk. Then I would check on older projects and finish up any administrative details that needed to be finished. My co-workers were also hard-working, but kept the office fun and inviting. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping an organization pull off a big event. The hardest part of the job is dealing with clients whom do not respect our policies. Overall, Loyola Marymount University is a fantastic place to work.
Volunteering was simply a joy!
LMU Student Outreach Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Playa Del Rey, CAJune 29, 2015
Volunteering for Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services was an experience that I was grateful to be apart of. Reaching out to college students to participate in some of the charitable events that Didi Hirsch represented imprinted me with a great feeling, that I was doing my part to significantly help the causes. Communicating and networking with college students like myself was very enjoyable and memorable.
Pros
Community outreach, charitable work, sense of contribution
productive an fun working environment
Security officer (Former Employee) –  public safetyJune 26, 2015
Working at this post. You where able to be hands on with students, professors, and EMT students ect. also the school required to be locked down at 11 o clock pm,
Pros
good associats
Great Students, Comprehensive program
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  90045June 4, 2015
It's a great program for motivated students. It's better however to be a full time employee than and adjunct. Employment is from semester to semester with no job security.
Lmu
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 7, 2015
• Department assistant for the LMU Archaeology and Civil War Laboratory.
• Responsible for the laboratory’s daily administration work that includes working on numerous assignments with donors, faculty and students.
• Conduct tours with faculty, students, organizations and other visitors.
• Manage the design, implementation and organization of over one hundred exhibits.
Not too shabby
Head Recording Studio Tech (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 7, 2015
Learned a lot, department is not currently run by same guy who ran it while I was there, so my review won't have much bearing on how things are now.
Financial Aid
Financial Aid Counselor and Outreach (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 7, 2015
Financial Aid office is horrible. Management has favorites. Do not work there, low pay and long hours. Dealing with entitled students
Pros
Good Benefits, never bored, always incredibly busy.
Cons
No room for growth, horrible management.
Great place, great people
Faculty (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 6, 2015
Quality campus with small-town feel in a big-town setting. Administrators are very supportive. Student body is great to work with. Proximity to ocean and on-campus facilities are amazing. Nice gem in the L.A. basin.
Fun experience with minimal job requirements
Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 26, 2015
A typical day at work would include a campus patrols, vehicle violations, and permit inspections. Management was very organized and well equipped to keep the department growing.
Admissions Assistant, Office of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 24, 2015
The staff are very open and willing to help. The most enjoyable part of the job is the students who you get to interact with everyday.
Overall this is a very fine place to work.
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 3, 2015
Benefits are magnificent (i.e., health and retirement). Co-workers are very personable and easy to work with. Administration can be somewhat political. Staff morale could be improved.
benefits
Lab Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2015
My supervisor is friendly and is interested in advancing my career. My students were excited about the subject material and for the most part went the extra mile.
Great environment to work in with no stress and pressure applied
Facilities Management (Former Employee) –  Westchester, CAJanuary 17, 2015
This campus is great to work for when you are looking towards retirement. It is slow paced with a stress free environment. Staff and Faculty are great to be around.
Pros
stress free slow paced environment
Cons
needs more technically qualified employees
Highly demanding job involved a lot of communication and collaboration with the owner.
Field Researcher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 14, 2015
As the main office assistant, my entire experience was very engaging and informative. Learned to quickly use various business and excel software programs to execute the essential paperwork between the service provider and clients.

4.4