Loyola University Chicago Employee Reviews

You make it for you
Genetics Research Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2017
I was a student so my review is different. Loyola is a excellent place to work for as an employee. It is a well organized place and treat the employees well. However; I would not recommend students working at loyola in hopes for research. there amount of research available is limited and very competitive
Pros
Chicago
Cons
Competitive
Convenient job opportunity for undergraduate students
Laboratory Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2017
Working at Loyola University is an easy way to earn some extra income while working on completing undergraduate studies. Pay is not great, but there is a great understanding and flexibility provided for students while they work on degrees.
Pros
flexible scheduling, undergraduate work
Cons
low pay
Warm environment
Undergraduate Admission Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 24, 2017
A caring work environment that can be serious but cares about the people working first and foremost. No day is ever the same. Lots of moving around and interacting with families and students from literally every corner of the globe. Very social and warm!
Pros
cell phone covered
Cons
long travel
Consultant
Graphic Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2017
As a consultant for Loyola University I was able to work from home. I had constant contact with my supervisor and became more comfortable working on my own while keeping up with deadlines.
Sucessful Day Helping patients
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMay 15, 2017
A Normal Day at works Starts with a Smile and a nice hot cup of coffee. Followed by the great smiles from the patients when their trays are delivered. Once I'm up and running there is no stopping me I'm here to makes everyone's day.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Better lunch available
Loyola
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 11, 2017
The job is a great place to work the people as far as co workers are alright the management sucks there is alot of opportunities to move up in this company
Productive Work Place
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2017
Working for Loyola University Chicago has provided me with the ability to expand my skill set, and helped me grow professionally. I would recommend Loyola University Chicago to anyone interested in working in Higher Education.
Student Athlete
Division 1 Student Athlete (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2017
Loyola is a phenomenal school. Business school is located in downtown Chicago. The city is always alive. Expensive, but many opportunities for scholarships.
Learning a lot of useful knowledge from Profossial
Teaching Assistant and Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 14, 2017
• Search relevant data on Bloomberg and further data processing to assist Professor writing paper and book
• Collaborate with Professor on research about Short Selling and the Informational Efficiency of Stock Prices
• Create Excel spreadsheets using Pivot Tables and wrote the VBA code about Data Analysis
Easy-going atmoshere
Teaching Assistantship (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2017
Depending on what teacher you TA for will make a big difference. Overall though, all of the professors I have interacted with are friendly and helpful.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  2160 S.1st AveMarch 1, 2017
Loyola Is A Wonderful Place To Work But They Have Terrible Management.But Overall Its A Nice Smooth Path Just Stay Focus And Give It Your All.Smile!!!
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2017
Great academic university that provides top notch education to its medical and graduate students alike. Collaborative work environment and strong mentorship of professors.
Academic culture
Academic Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2017
Advanced degrees and business mentally required to advance your career at this academic institution. Change in leadership puts your position at risk and one must make themselves indispensable with unquestionable loyalty to upper administration.
Pros
Company picnic
Cons
Minimal advancement
Great working with International Students
Graduate Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2017
The program had only been running for a year before I started so there was quite a bit of change throughout the time I spent there. It was great to be able to help launch a program and enhance it each semester.
Pros
housing and meals
Cons
cold weather
No advancement in company
PNO Professional Biller (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILJanuary 13, 2017
No room for advancement in this company. Also very poor care for their patients. Short staffed. Staff is very nice and welcoming.
Fun work environment, patient quality always come first.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILDecember 6, 2016
Management has always been a problem and they never work with you. It is impossible to advance in your position or transfer to another unit because management puts a hold on what you can and can not do at Loyola.
I was given instruction and allowed to work with little supervision, they trusted me to get the job done
Library and Bindery Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 18, 2016
Typically, I was given a set task and I was told to just go do it. It was mostly digitization of dissertations but still the Bindery room had a very relaxed atmosphere and the manager trusted all the workers to get the job done.
Nice Environment
Grants Administrator (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILNovember 18, 2016
With Grant Administrators not really room for growth. Salary low for Grant Administrators.

The small percentage of grants administrators are somewhat helpful to each other.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Low Salaries
Relaxing Environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2016
A great place to work at as the employer is really nice in terms of giving benefits and guiding you through the projects so that you can work independently later on
Great opportunities for all students
Event Coordinator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2016
Shifts are a manageable length for students, and come at a wide variety of times in order to suit students with different schedules.

Coworkers are awesome and the easygoing work environment allows close interpersonal relationships to develop

**THIS IS A JOB FOR STUDENTS ONLY**
Pros
Good hours, good pay for on campus non-FWS job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loyola University Chicago. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2