LOYOLA UNIVERSITY HEALTH SYSTEM

LOYOLA UNIVERSITY HEALTH SYSTEM Employer Reviews

great physicians and great field with interesting ongoin studies
medical assistant (Former Employee), Maywood, ILOctober 17, 2014
Pros: bright, thankful physicians and staff
Cons: staff parking was a great distance from office location
I previously worked with physicians at Rush University. I love the field of Urogynecology
A very challanging experience- Sterile Processing
Sterile Processing (Former Employee), Maywood, ILAugust 14, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: employees just want you to stay in decontamination and nothing else
I use to worked at the Ambulatory Surgery Center and everyone is leaving. Too much gossiping, one bad apple spoil a bunch, roles are not defined,and personality clashes. Its starts at the head
good job
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Maywood, ILJuly 15, 2014
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: poor management
great company to work for, great hours and pay also benefits are good. good transportation
Goal oriented, very good training
Service Representative (Current Employee), Maywood, ILNovember 2, 2013
Pros: good values, experienced staff
Cons: too far to commute
Loyola University Medical Center is a wonderful place to work. I value the experience I am gaining each day and hope to use that together with my education and clinical experience to advance in my field.
Avoid working here if possible
All depts (Current Employee), Weschester,ILOctober 2, 2013
Cons: everything
I work at the Weschester location and it is by far the worst company I have ever seen. They scare the employee's so they do not call on sick or take days off and the Manager JB is prejudice and disrespectful individual who can care less about people's feelings and more about herself. The only black manager in PB needs a back bone and needs to stand up for herself and her department. There are no morals. Management intimidates staff and causes chaos in the department.
Culture was open and honest;leadership was mentoring and accessible
Administrative Director (Former Employee), Maywood, ILMay 20, 2013
Pros: collabrative culture
Cons: took too long to change processes
Typical day included meetings, mentoring staff employees and being mentored by many on the leadership team. Ha access to IT leadership and was a member of many electronic information system implementations that led to better quality of patient care and the sharing of information.

The culture was inviting and all my co-workers were collaborative as well as the senior leadership. Everyone was there to enhance the success of the organization and each other.

Interaction with physicians was always challenge but most only had the best interest of quality patient care as the motive behind "bad" behavior.

I loved mentoring and interacting daily with staff employees. Allowing them to bring forth suggestions that were implementable and that they owed and were proud of for the department.
Great place to work!
Talent Acquisition and Credentialing Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 30, 2013
Everything from company culture to management, everyone is valued and nurtured. High belief in company mission and values. Management is understanding of labor resource and customer needs.
NOT A FUN PLACE TO WORK VERY DEMANDING AND TOO MUCH FAVORTISM AMONG EMPLOYEES
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. (Former Employee), MAYWOOD, IL.April 24, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: no pay raises, no recognition for all the good you do, favoritism
I worked for this establishment for almost 16 years, in all that time I had only one supervisor who was GREAT, the rest of their management choices were poor. A typical day at work was accomodating patient's which is fine they were wonderful for the most part, but, one complaint from someone who did not like you and look out, you were called in and talked too. Management does not stick up for their employee's at all unless you are one of their pets! MAGIS is there logo and by far it never ever succeeds. I'm grateful for serving all the wonderful patient's I met in my time there and was glad to be a part of it but as far as the harrassment I was given during my time there for any little complaint, I am so glad to be gone! Other's are there for benefit's not the company.
Not the worst employer in IL
Residency Coordinator (Former Employee), Maywood, ILApril 22, 2013
Pros: great benefits
If you're going to work at a healthcare institution in IL, Loyola isn't the worst. Politics exist in any organization, but I will say Loyola is one of the worst one's for this. They often show favorites as well. The residents and fellows were amazing in my programs and made my job worth while. I would work for Loyola again in spite of the politics. They exist everywhere.
Very interesting but restricted by Management
SR. SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee), Maywood, ILApril 11, 2013
I liked the work I did but Management always had their own way doing the job which made it more difficult and not efficient.

Unrealistic requests to get the work done.
Complex organization in competitive healthcare environment
Manager, Guest Services (Current Employee), Maywood, ILOctober 14, 2012
Pros: autonomy
Cons: specialty hiring
Not for profit academic and patient healthcare operation offering mission based culture in the Jesuit tradition.