Loyola University Maryland Employee Reviews

Was just an assistant, hours were easy so was the job
Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 4, 2017
Was an assistant working at Loyola. Easy job with flexible hours and management. Little work to be done, but made it fun with engaging with students, teachers, and friends
Workplace culture.
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 21, 2017
It was a great experience working at Loyola University for 18 years.
I had to leave my job due to the fact that my position was eliminated based on outside consultants recommendations.
I will greatly miss people I was working with and with whom I had such a great working relationships.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 15, 2017
Loyola University is a great place to work. Salary is at the market rate and everyone there is very professional and friendly. Many of the co workers were very helpful and knowledgeable.
Easy and fun place to work
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 14, 2017
The environment is awesome and very casual in the role of a desk assistant. The employees and the supervisors are very kind and understanding. Getting a shift covered, or picking up extra shifts is very easy to do, as communication is very fluid and easy.
Pros
Easy, decent pay, can easily drop and pick up shifts
Cons
night shifts
Desk Assistant
Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2017
Short shifts with minimal requirements. Student run management and flexible hours. Required to have 1 grey shift and 1 white shift but finding covers for shifts is not very difficult.
Productive and fun workplace
Environmentally Sustainability Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 22, 2017
I am a student at Loyola University Maryland and I work as work study. Everyone is extremely nice, and respectful. I mainly focus of the digital aspects of educating the students about environmental awareness.
Work study position
Student Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 21, 2017
Relaxing workplace where hours were flexible to my schedule and my boss was very understanding and compassionate. Pay was reasonable for the work done.
Fun Environment
Phonathon-Caller/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 21, 2016
At Phonation we are a family of students cold calling alumni and parents. I learned how to deal with rejections and keep a confident attitude. Before every shift the managers create warm ups and ice breakers to get us started with calling. The hardest part about this is calling certain pools where the people have a history of refusing to give. Although we get through these calls by playing games throughout shift and keeping a positive attitude.
Pros
student managers who run shift and make it fun
Cons
short breaks and sometimes people don't pick up and it is a slow night
So-So
FITNESS CENTER CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 13, 2016
Working at the gym had its ups and downs, not a huge opportunity to meet people since every shift is pretty isolated and each worker is area-specific. Good people though, and keeps you coming to the gym.
Pros
Health Training
Cons
Isolated Work Environment
Delivery/Merchandising
Operational Technology Support (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 25, 2016
Worked with dichello for 3 summers. Delivers product across the state of Connecticut as well as performed merchandising tasks. Work was very hard, moved 900+ cases of beer 5-6 days a week.
Good university
Adjunct professor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 15, 2016
Education Dept. needed some up-dating. MA level students often not prepared in writing. Dept. could have used a good graduate writing course/
Pros
good working environment
Cons
hiring adjunct and not full time professors
Patriarchal
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 28, 2016
Very little opportunity for advancement. Very little innovation or collaboration. Slow moving. Many people work there for the tuition remission benefits.
Pros
Tuition Remission
Cons
Stuck in the 20th centruy
Great Place to work
Resident Assistant, Student Life (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 24, 2016
I was a student RA for two years and I will be doing one more year. I really enjoyed all the people that I got to work with and the experience that I gained.
Great Professor that care for student
Business Policy Research Project (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 19, 2016
I am a student at Loyola University. Most of the professor are really nice. Their goal is to help you to success and understanding the material. Beside that everyone at Loyola are known for their well manner.
Good workplace with substandard organization
Residence Hall Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 2, 2016
Employment was easy to attain, however organization of hours and workers was poor. Additionally, some workers and supervisors were under motivated.
Workplace with high expectations
Student Worker (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 17, 2016
Learned about time management and communication skills.Working at Loyola comes with responsibility. There are many aspects to running a University and all efforts to be met to achieve a high quality product.
Mail Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 15, 2016
Loyola is a wonderful place to work. I have had the privilege to work aside many hard-working individuals in a family oriented community. I am thankful for the opportunity to achieve many of my personal and professional goals at Loyola.
Pros
People are great to work with
Cons
Growth and Advancement
Job worked well with class schedule
Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 17, 2016
This job worked well because it was very independent and coordinated well with my class schedule. Also could work on home work and personal computer while at work.
This was a great place to work.
Help Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 18, 2016
It was a unique opportunity to work with Loyola University. IT was diverse and provided a broad perspective. Learning to work with a mixture of students and staff.
Slowly Dying...
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 23, 2015
Few people realize it, but Loyola University Maryland is slowly dying. Unwilling and/or unable to adjust to market demands and keep pace with more agile and aggressive competitors, this Baltimore mainstay is relying more and more on its longstanding reputation and less on what it currently delivers. Missed enrollment goals, layoffs, and years of internal political squabbling are severely hampering Loyola from entering the 21st century of higher education.
Pros
Beautiful campus, lots of nice people who have been there a long time
Cons
Poor leadership in constant political battles, lack of vision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loyola University Maryland. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2