Loyola University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Tipical regular work day
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILSeptember 16, 2017
Room patients from the start of the day at 8a.m. until the doctor is done seeing patients. I have learned more about wound care and suture removal, the hardest part of this job is trying to keep a steady work flow and the enjoyable part is seeing patients happy after their visit.
Excelente trabajo
Asistente de enfermero (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILSeptember 9, 2017
Los trabajo que he tenido es el que mas aprendido.
Pros
Ambiente laboral
Cons
Pacientes dificiles
Loyola Nurse
Clinic Nurse (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILAugust 28, 2017
Loyola is a good place to work with opportunities for growth. The culture is really what keeps me here. They care about their nurses. Salary is ok but could be improved. There are a lot of opportunities for career advancement.
It was a nice place to work
Senior Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILAugust 21, 2017
I didn't particularly care for the department manager after the first one left but, Loyola overall was a cool place to work. I would even consider working there again. I don't think everywhere is bad. I just had an unfortunate opportunity to work with an unhappy person and you come across those kinds of people sometimes in life.
At my job you see very interés things every day. You learn new things every day.
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 18, 2017
I am very happy at what I do at my current job. Some days are easygoing and some days could be very busy. A day in my job could be from moving many patients and getting new patients. The phone could be very busy. I also have many other duties like making sure everyone has a chart, that I have order what is neded for patients and the unit, transferring the phone calls to the appropriate staff member and making sure that I give the best costumer service to our visitors and families.
Pros
Love my job.
Cons
It's great
Love the field of healthcare
Service Coordinator/Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILAugust 16, 2017
Loyola was an excellent place to work, Everyone is very friendly. It is a very large but fast paced setting. I love healthcare and being available to hep others
Pros
Benefitd
having fun at work
Distribution Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILAugust 14, 2017
We have a good crew that gel together and get the job done. at the end of the day that is important. The work environment is a place I believe that you should be able to have fun while you work.
I loved the patients
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILAugust 2, 2017
I loved working on a team, it was amazing. I have met and worked with some of the hardest workers ever, I was happy to get the experience and meet a lot of the patients and their family
Great company to work for.
Patient Access Center Partner I (Current Employee) –  Maywood, IL 60153July 30, 2017
Loyola is a great company to work for, i've learned alot of different skills working for this company. The company is very professional, and very respectful.
Pros
This hospital has lots of on hand training.
Cons
Its kinda far, expect a cumute!
Excellent place to work and learn/develop nursing skills
Surgical/Trauma I ICU RN (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILJuly 28, 2017
I have been employed by Loyola for approximately 6 months. I have enjoyed my time here thus far. My scheduling is rotating, 3 weeks of day shift and 3 weeks of night shift nursing. I have learned vast amounts while working on both shifts. I have developed skills in several areas of critical care including, but not limited to: working with sedation, vented patients, trauma patients, patients with invasive lines, etc. All of my education took place in a fast-paced trauma I environment.

Management is very fair and easy to approach. The management is also very fair about requested time off.

I thoroughly enjoy the work environment, as it is conducive to learning. The other nurses are very helpful to one another which further provides a team environment.

The hardest part of working at Loyola is the travel. It has taken me 2+ hours to get to work on several occasions which I feel is unsafe for me, especially after a nightshift. The hospital is located off of I-290 and 55. Both routes are prone to prolonged traffic delays.
Pros
Learning environment, several opportunities to learn new skills and build on existing ones
Cons
Commute
very fast pace
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJuly 20, 2017
loyola is a good place to work the staff are very polite and very helpful. The doctors are great, nurse are kind to the patients. specially in the cancer center.
Hospital Clinic
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2017
I initially started as a float and that means that I was able to experience and get well equipped with different departments at the hospital. This made me easily adaptable to help different clinic settings and provide patients with the best health care possible.
poor experience, not friendly to older nurses
Nurse, Utilization Management (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILJune 30, 2017
No support from management, I never received direction after questions.
Unable to mover from desk at my job. I was located in a room with mold. We were told something was being done bur it never happened.
Pros
Cons
no lunches ever
a day in the life of a dietary assistant
DIETARY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILJune 26, 2017
Set up tables or other dining areas with attention to cleanliness and order
Prepare meals under the supervision of a dietary manager or cook
Deliver dishes and trays at designated times and rooms
Take down dining areas and collect plates, glasses etc.
Discard leftovers and take out garbage
Clean food stations and wash dishes, cooking vessels and silverware
Stock ingredients and monitor inventory
Assist in keeping track of expenses and menu planning
Help maintain kitchen equipment and appliances
Productive and positive working environment
RN/Staff (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILJune 26, 2017
I worked from 7 am to 7pm 3 times a day. I was assigned 4 - 5 patients per shift. I learned a lot about clinical skills, disease process, work ethic etc.. Hardest part of the job was working night shifts. It was physically draining.
It's ok
Staff Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILJune 22, 2017
Loyola is about average in terms of employee experience. Teamwork is poor......Training and orientation could of been better. They require a lot of computer based education and do not pay you for it nor do they give you time to complete it while on orientation.
Benefits
Cons
Pay is low, PTO is less then other places, they are very strict.
A hospital
Manager, Anatomic Pathology and Cytology (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILJune 15, 2017
Large complex that thinks they are better than they actually are. Wide range of opportunities; you need to learn and move on. I am already annoyed by the fact that this website is requiring me to write at least 150 characters....
Pros
Great learning opportunities
Cons
Leaders that don't listen and rarely follow up
I felt so out-of-place there... former employee
Call Center Rep/ Patient Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILJune 11, 2017
I worked for Loyola several years ago, around 2007-2008. I do not think I was there for a year. I worked in the Call Center Scheduling patient's appointments for doctors. My training consisted of me sitting with some skinny young guy, who thought he knew everything...did not teach me a thing, He was very young and immature, and explained everything to me very quickly even when I asked him to slow down or go over some points with me. I found it useless going to management, they did not seemed equiped to handle stressful situations. The guy who I sat with for over 2 weeks, did not teach me a thing! I learned the basics on my own because I had some experience with Epic. I don't know, maybe he was hoping for one of his high school friends to get the job. Anyway I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone most days there. I found the enviornment at the center very hostile, almost intimadating. I quit after a couple of months. I should have filed a complaint with EEOC.
I hope things have changed, that was a while ago,.. I do not know, but my experience was awful! So take my warning and Tread carefully at this company, if it was anything like it was, when I was there...they could be headed for a huge Law Suit one day from one of their employees...
Pros
Beautifully designed Hospital
Cons
Horrible training, Horrible Management
Low Pay
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2017
There is not much room for growth and the pay is not worth the sacrifice. Great people to work with if you are in the hospital setting. This is a stepping stone
Just ok
340B Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILJune 6, 2017
The pay is not competitive enough. Upper management is not understanding or helpful. The place has its ups and downs however most of the time the envirnment is not good.