Loyola University Medical Center

Loyola University Medical Center Employer Reviews

cardiac cath lab
Cardiac Cath Lab RN (Former Employee), Maywood, ILFebruary 3, 2015
Working in the cath lab for 2.5 years was an intense experience. We all worked very hard, long hours, difficult cases, and learned so much along the way. This job provided excellent nursing, team work, and patient care experience. We literally helped to save lives. The long hours and hard work was stressful but gratifying.
I worked most of my nursing career at Loyola. It's a wonderful place to work.
Not given the opportunity to advance in coding
Medical Record Technician (Former Employee), Maywood, ILFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: given the limited opporunity to code inpatient, oberservation, surgeries
Cons: not given the limited opporunity to code inpatient, oberservation, surgeries
Coding ER, clinics, ancillary, surgeries, observation, inpatient accounts. I hardest part of the job was not given the opportunity to develop or master your skills in those areas of inpatient, oberservation, and surgeries.
Job Review
Medicare Collector (Current Employee), Westchester, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Come in the morning run Alpha split report, work the que that is assigned, make sure all bills are completed, follow up on all accounts
low pay, lots of work
Registration Specialist (Current Employee), Maywood, ILJanuary 13, 2015
verifying insurance all day long. over 5000 a month split by handfull of people.
Summary Review
Hospital Access Representative (ER) (Former Employee), Maywood, ILDecember 31, 2014
- fast paced enviroment
- learned how to deal with high stress situations
- have a good management team
- very friendly and easy to get along with co-workers
- dealing with high volume of patients
- seeing how I affected patients in a positive way
Friendly co-workers
Patient Care Tech II (Current Employee), Maywood, ILNovember 20, 2014
A very friendly place to work, room for advancement and for learning
Colleagues were wonderful to work with
Human Resources Area Manager (Former Employee), Maywood, IllinoisNovember 17, 2014
There are great people who work at Loyola who are committed to doing the right thing. Great things are accomplished at Loyola.
I worked here more than 15 years ago
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Maywood, ILNovember 10, 2014
It has been more than 15 years since I worked at this hospital. Back in the day it was an awesome place to work. I have no idea about it now.
Administrative Director - AP & Clinical Laboratory (Current Employee), Maywood, ILNovember 9, 2014
Collaborative work environment, opportunities for advancement, outstanding benefit package.
Great Culture
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Maywood, ILNovember 3, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: salary
A pleasent hospital to work for, the down fall is what deapartment you work with choose wisely
Great enviorment to work in. Staff and Management were great!
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Maywood, ILOctober 29, 2014
Great group of Techs to work with. Everyone always helped each other out to get the job done and to complete all work. Management was great! They worked together with you to help accomidate any days off you needed and were always very understanding. Typically very busy, but you experience a lot and learn a lot. Overall just a great place to work!
The physician for which I work is a great talent and inspiring person, however, the institution does not pay a suitable salary.
Admin Assistant for Director of the Division (Current Employee), Maywood, ILSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: i have an early start time, so i feel like i have accomplished something before the rush of the office starts.
Cons: the pay is so low, that i am struggling to make ends meet.
Co-workers and supervisors are enjoyable people, and we all work together with a flow. The job, itself, is challenging with deadlines and interesting challenges.
The most difficult part of the job is sitting at a desk all day. I desire to lead an active lifestyle, and sitting is a challenge.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing day flow, and all the pieces of the puzzle come together by days end. The pieces do not always come together in a day, but that is the goal. By week's end, we usually make it happen.
Learning hospital
Central Processing Technician (Former Employee), Maywood, ILSeptember 25, 2014
Everyone I met there were nice and made working there fun. Super busy no matter what time of the day.
great experience
Registration Specialist (Former Employee), Maywood, ILSeptember 16, 2014
obtain authorizations for CT's and MRI'S. verity patient eligiblity and benefit details via Epic
A wonderful place to work.
Hospital Customer Service (Current Employee), Maywood, ILAugust 18, 2014
co-workers great team work . Very busy you have to be a careing person and patient . I have been team lead for the depatment when our supervisor is away on vacation. There is no hard part about my job I enjoy making sure customers are bing helped. Care, Concern, and resepect help me get through my day.
Productive and fast-paced environment
RCP Education Coordinator (Current Employee), Maywood, ILAugust 13, 2014
Allowance for independent thinking and team work.
Interaction with all levels withing institution
LUMC is filled with excitement.
HouseKeeper (Former Employee), Maywood, ILAugust 4, 2014
Pros: observing the staff in action.
Cons: observing people in pain.
Never a dull moment at this place. Always busy with doctors and staff
running around taking care of business. If you love working with people this would be an ideal place for you to work.
Great Learning Experiences
Physical Therapist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2014
Great place to learn
Wide variety of patient types
Fast paced
Management is difficult to approach with minimal value for employees
Great coworkers
Impressive Level I Trauma Center
Registered Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Maywood, ILJuly 9, 2014
Pros: excellent care
Cons: job culture didn't match my personal goals
Loyola University Medical Center prepared me for the demands of life in a trauma ER and life in the OR. This was one of my first hospital based positions since I was a student, where trauma and OR experience was minimal.

Working at LUMC there was always excitement and some stress to go with it, but the stress was just the amount needed to keep you on top of your game. The job culture is very academic which at times could feel impersonal and cold (mostly to the patients). Having since worked in two organizations whose values match more of my own, I can honestly say that job culture is one of the most important attributes to consider when making career choices.
Great place to work.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Maywood, ILJuly 8, 2014
Fast paced imaging facility. Worked with some of the best techs ever servicing a diverse and extensive patient base.

1 2 3 4