Loyola University Employee Reviews in United States

Challenging and warm workplace in an academic setting
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 26, 2016
This job taught me to multi- task, think on my feet and balance a lot of varying responsibilities. I made lifelong contacts and enjoyed working in a University/ Academic setting.
fun
student (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2016
Loyola is a very good school. small size classes and teachers always ready to help. lots of ressources and opportunities
good enviroment to work
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2016
Loyola is a great company to work for with great benefits and everyone is so friendly I enjoy working here and being able to continue my education
benefits
Cons
pay
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2016
I was still a student while working for Loyola as a research assistant intern. The environment was great and such a pleasure to work
Educational Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 15, 2016
I learned so much during my time at Loyola University however the pay rate was hardly sufficient. I am very thankful for my research experience.
Experience with security and students of the same age
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 15, 2016
I mostly worked at night, a typical work day for me consisted of supervising the dorm buildings and making sure everyone was checked in or out properly, as well as communicating with campus police of any suspicious activity amongst students.
I suppose working in the right department makes a difference
Student Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 3, 2016
Work is work
Everyone is an adjustment
Daily changes
Some you can depend on
Dealing with management
Helping the students
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
not enough diversity
Ability to work from home and teach online courses
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 16, 2015
I have thoroughly enjoyed working as adjunct faculty for Loyola University New Orleans. I has given me the ability to work at home and be a mentor to the graduate students taking the courses I teach. I truly feel honored to be a part of nursing education and be able to give lived experiences to the nurses obtaining their MSN. Encouraging them to expand their knowledge and continue to do so for all their nursing careers. I teach courses that are 7 weeks duration and up to 25 students per section. I have taught two sections at a time. This is a lot of computer time but I love doing it.
Pros
work at home
Cons
no benefits or tenure
Intense but a fun working environment
Head Men's and Women's Track/ Cross Country Coach (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 6, 2015
A very intense but positive work environment. The program has become about the enrollment numbers but working with the student athletes has been rewarding.
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
Need a bigger budget to comply with the size of the team
productive place to work
Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILOctober 15, 2015
great working environment, Working for a newly implemented department allows you the opportunity to assist with protocols that will be used throughout the medical center. Loyola is an amazing place to work, learn and grow both personally and professionally
Pros
great benefits

Want to know more about Loyola University?

Ask a question
energetic and supportive work environment
Director of Sports Performance (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 4, 2015
I was able to grow in my career and was supported throughout my time there. I spent seven years growing the strength and conditioning program and in my final time there I was able to grow the sports medicine department and take it to another level.
Great University, Great People
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 20, 2015
The lead researcher gave me a lot of freedom to research and organize the experiments as I saw fit. She also worked with me and trained me fully before releasing me to the wolves.
Good environment
Equipment Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 12, 2015
I worked with Phonathon and at the FAC and both experiences were well-balanced and manageable. Phonathon was interesting since I got to speak with alumni and hear about their time at Loyola. The FAC was a nice environment and I was able to get quite a bit of work done during my shift.
Pros
Co-workers, hours
Productive work place
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  5401 York Road Baltimore 21210June 15, 2015
I love working in a positive environment, You always feel welcome and happy with everyone you encounter daily. The staff pulls together to get daily task completed.
A good place to get work experience
receptionist/tutor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 15, 2015
In my work i usually file paper work and fill papers out for students and faculty. From there i answer emails, clean alittle, and write invoices for things my department needs.
Pros
they work around your schedule
Cons
pay was bad
Great place to work, free collage courses great working conditions
Shift Commander (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 13, 2015
Loyola University is a pretty good place to work, however, the advancement within the Public Safety Department can only take place if some one leaves or transfer to another department. They have great benefits for a private University. A typical day for a Shift Commander would generally consist of administrative duties then over looking the personnel as they are executing their duties. The most enjoyable part of the job is making sure the officers have what they need to complete their tasks. Getting them training and the proper tools.
Pros
The free classes, benefits, working conditions
Cons
Size of the department
Loyola is an institution that is keen on constantly improving its programs and facilities to meet emerging challenges of higher education.
Campus Police Officer (Current Employee) –  4501 N Charles Street, Baltimore, MDApril 16, 2015
A workplace where ones ability to be effectively productive without unnecessary obstruction is enhanced and highly valued. A pleasant community of motivated individuals.
Athletic center
Physical Education Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Oleans, LAMarch 24, 2015
A typical day at work would involve coordinating the intramural events for the day, cleaning the work area for a safe environment for participants in our sports. I would also sale memberships to incoming customers with interest in our facility.
Good place to work, internal politics just like any other place
Officer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 16, 2015
Depends in what department you work whether or not you will enjoy working there. Good spiritual place to grow. Others may have different experiences.
Great Place to Work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 24, 2014
The staff is enjoyable and friendly! They make you feel at home and welcome and help you with daily tasks and show you how to do them step by step.
Pros
1 hour lunches and 1 block away from water tower!
Cons
contract position, so no room for improvement unless hired perm.

4.5