Loyola University Employee Reviews

Leave at 3pm on Fridays for summer
Benefits and Wellness Coordinator/ HRIS specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandJune 21, 2017
Daily entering childcare voucher reimbursements, Employee leave reports, answering phone and email inquiries about benefits, the atmosphere is comfortable, employees are friendly, I have learned more of FMLA and Workman Comp cases and the processing
Good place to work for many years
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 14, 2017
A great place to work overall, but some bad management decisions have led to financial difficulties and downsizing of the work force. Generally, employees share a family atmosphere, and have fun while doing their jobs.
Pros
Many holidays, good benefits
Cons
salaries are on the low end
Very good university
Organic Chemistry Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2017
Loyola was a great place to perform my graduate studies. The university provided competitive teaching fellowship stipends which allowed me to focus on work towards my PhD. The campus is beautiful and ideally located along lake Michigan north of downtown Chicago.
CC's New Orleans
Shift lead, barista (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70118May 29, 2017
Community Coffee is, in my opinion, one of the best local coffee chains in the south. From my first day on the job both my own shops manager, as well as corporate employees were always present in our daily work lives. I appreciated being so closely connected to the company as a whole! I learned to make coffee, and bake as well as small tasks such as cleaning, making deposits and running the cash register. I always enjoyed meeting new customers and keeping a good relationship with the regulars!
Pros
free coffee, breaks, easy to transfer
Cons
low pay
Great place to Study
Actress in Tintypes & Lend Me A Tenor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2017
Speaking from a student perspective Loyola was a great place for me to get hands-on work experience within a college environment. It was the perfect balance of guidance from experienced faculty and expectation to take initiative and make your own way.
Fun atmosphere to work in
Assistant Cheer and Dance Coach (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 17, 2017
The Athletic department is amazing. I enjoy assisting with game day experiences and also events involving the community. The atmosphere of Loyola is very welcoming for emplo
Work Culture
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2017
I really had a nice experience working with Loyola and it was a wonderful place to get my first practical exposure. The work culture was amazing and I learnt a lot.
Great place
Bus Operator Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 17, 2017
Loyola is a great place to work. One can gain a lot of experience, get a free education and gain long lasting friendships. However, be ready to gain weight because there is always something free to eat which is a great incentive.
Recommend
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2017
Wonderful experience, a lot of knowledge obtained. Staff members very highly motivated as well. Research assistants learn a lot from each other and support one another.
Great Experience for working in Criminal Justice Academia
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2017
I assist a graduate professor in coding data as well as outlining and writing an academic paper. It is a great opportunity to make connections and gain experience in criminal justice research.
Job was Ok
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 6, 2017
I enjoyed working here. Staff was ok Only problem, the young men and women come in from all over the world and could not handle the intensity of the alcohol and drugs that are overly accessible in the Uptown New Orleans area.
Pros
Great place and educational incentive if you or your family wanted to attend college
Cons
Pay for me. I still would go back and work here.
Very motivating atmosphere
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 1, 2017
Ever changing tasks and responsibilities. I enjoyed working in an academic setting where there is a constant opportunity to learn and grow intellectually (through lectures, events and simply interacting with faculty, staff and students). Basic office management/support duties were the same, but situations varied with each individual.
Pros
Free Tuition
Cons
I really had none
academic work setting
Head Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 1, 2017
I am the Head Graduate Assistant at Loyola's Clinical Mental Health Counseling Department. I lead and organize the department programming, event planning, and engage in extensive research. particularly regarding victims of trauma and play therapy application.
Process streamlining
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2017
Effectively manage diverse task, with varying degrees of complexity, within a wide range of environments: evaluate situations , to meet emergent needs, i
University setting
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2017
Enjoyed working in an university setting. Every guest was friendly and engaged in conversation about my life experiences. My supervisor was very friendly and trusted me with any task without micromanagement. My coworkers made sure I was aware and invited to every campus event to feel more apart of the family. Not a stressful job. I was able to complete all required tasks as well as other assignments without feeling flustered and frustrated.
awesome place
Patient Financial Pre-Cert Specialist/Admin (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2016
Obtaining authorization for patient procedure. High volume of patient calls. Every day is learning something new. Flex hours is what I love the most. Opportunity of growth was not available. Great coworkers
Amicable place to work
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2016
Not much room for advancement without a PhD. Gratifying work helping students accomplish their academic goals is exciting and rewarding. Improved communication and listening skills.
Challenging and warm workplace in an academic setting
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 26, 2016
This job taught me to multi- task, think on my feet and balance a lot of varying responsibilities. I made lifelong contacts and enjoyed working in a University/ Academic setting.
fun
student (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2016
Loyola is a very good school. small size classes and teachers always ready to help. lots of ressources and opportunities
good enviroment to work
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2016
Loyola is a great company to work for with great benefits and everyone is so friendly I enjoy working here and being able to continue my education
benefits
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loyola University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4