Lozier Employee Reviews in United States

Long hours and long weekends in a fast paced hot environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 19, 2016
Closed minded family ran business. The company has a false sense of itself in that it thinks it is bigger than it really is. This leads them to believe that their buying power is on par with car manufacturers. They have no respect for the lives of the workers and the group in the main office view the people in the plants as being lower than them. The company lacks vision and is currently being ran by borderline incompetent people as the owner is beginning to hand over the reins. It is not very diverse and most promotions are based on relationships and not ability.
Good place to work.
Distribution Center Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALMay 3, 2015
Lozier was a very good place to work. They have a great HR department and good managers and supervisor. Job stability is good but advancement is limited. It is very hard to transition for seasonal to full-time employment as there are no real guide line and the decisions are made by individual supervisor feeling on how well you perform. It is a union job ( for what that worth). The culture is very conservative and slow to change. I will say that my co-worker were very friendly and welling to do their share. They all took pride in their jobs and most of them had worked there for a very long time ( 10 or more years ).
Pros
Fair wages, friendly culture and great benefits.
Cons
No climate control, little room to advance and too much overtime.
Great company with room for growth!
Management (Current Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALJanuary 23, 2016
Upper level management is very diligent and dedicated to their profession and to the company. Very rewarding company to be employed with.
Pros
Great people to work with overall from the upper level positions to the entry-level positions.
Cons
Healthcare
Stressful lots of hours with hardly any room for advancement
Fabricator and Welder (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 10, 2016
They claim easy room for advancement with easy placement not at all very hard to move some departments have low pay and are harder than all other departments
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Short breaks
Nice envirorment
Lead Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 5, 2016
Good place to work. Good benefits .Great people to work with.Pay is good to raise a family. Hours are good. Advancement in certain ares.
Pros
FREINDLY
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
well rounded work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Union, MOFebruary 16, 2016
intense work with equipment. replace and PM most equipment on a daily work load. Trouble shoot wiring issue related to power or hydraulic machinery. Worked 10 hr. to 11 hr. days, 6 days a week.
Report daily work list to supervisor in regards to non/op equipment.
Pros
work hours plenty
Cons
safety issues, dangerous conditions
Hard work
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALMay 8, 2015
Lozier is a good company to work for. It's hard work, but if you do your job and come to work. They will treat you right. Good benefits and job security. Great management staff.
Just not for me
Production Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 13, 2015
Overall a decent place to work having great people, good benefits and good pay, but the physical labor and 2nd shift make it a tough place to work.
Pros
Great People/Good Pay
Cons
horrible hours/hard labor
Fun job, lots of learning
Tool and Die Maker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 2, 2014
Get assignments. I learned print reading, types of metals, precision guage reading, decimal and fraction conversion. The management was fair and rewarding. Great people and hard workers. The heat was serious in summer. I enjoyed that everyone seem to care for one another.
Pros
low wages and benefits
Cons
room for advancement and great people.
apply with caution!
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  DCMay 5, 2015
very demanding and fast paced, dangerous at times with dozens of forklifts operating in small areas and dirty, poorly maintained warehouse and forklifts. management only seemed to care about numbers, numbers, numbers! a new person is expected to put away as much as someone who's been there for years. co workers are mostly good people, MOSTLY. it is unionized but the union won't help you unless you've been there for years.
Pros
nice break room
Cons
management, run down equipment, hot dirty warehouse
A day at work
Cabinet Builder (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 25, 2015
A day at Lozier it start at 5 in the morning and depending were your are u are working either assembling cabinets or making countertops and other furniture.
Pros
Pay is good
fun place to work
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  scottsboro, alSeptember 27, 2015
unreal expectations of employees. work load increased often but the pay never did. poorly managed, and i often felt bullied by supervisor.
Great welcoming enviornment, with a grill, and a horeshoe area
Drafter (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 25, 2015
I had a great time at this job. I enjoyed the people, the work, and the environment. It was not a stressful job at all. Plus the hours are flexible.
Pros
Vendors everyday
Cons
Fast pace environment and great energy between crew members.
Paint Line 7 Hanger/ Painter (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 4, 2013
We begin with stretches and overview of current schedule. I learned to coordinate the parts to be hung and painted. Management was encouraging and knowledgeable. My co-workers were a great team. The hardest part about my job was taking a break. The most enjoyable thing about my job was being able to train new employees what i know.
Pros
the shift and pay.
Cons
seasonal low work volume.
Fast paced work enviorment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 5, 2014
Teamwork plays a large part in productivity. Management works to meet the needs of employees, to ensure a comfortable work place. Lozier also offers incentives for attendance, record breaking production numbers, and leadership qualities.
Pros
offers overtime, paid breaks, paid hollidays
Cons
mandatory overtime, high temps. in summer
great place for advancement
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALNovember 25, 2014
Great job ounce you get hired on. Great benefits, the co-workers always there if you need help. Sometimes its a tight workspace.
Pros
benifits, stays busy
Cons
takes to long to get hired full time
Great Unionized Company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALFebruary 5, 2013
Great job, great co workers, and agreeable management. Worked as a temp here and heard plenty of stories of the union helping its members and witnessed plenty of people enjoying the job. Wish I could have gotten on full time. Great company.
Pros
it was a good job all in all
Cons
shortish lunch
steady always work to do
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 22, 2015
set the machine. adjust the heads then fine tune .run job when done .set the machine up for the next job adjust the heads and then fine tune .run job
Pros
same hours and shift
Cons
pay
Lozier is a great place to work because of job security. The have only ever had one layoff and that was over 25 years ago.
CNC OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALAugust 22, 2013
My review for lozier is that they gave me the chance to learn cnc machines without having to have the schooling.They also gave me re-hired me when my other job didn't work out due to insurance purposes.The reason I am looking for something else is that I have moved up the ladder as far as I can go without going to college.I would love to go back to school but am not able at this time.
Pros
insurance and the pay
Cons
short breaks
Great fast pace to work Benefits and pay is great!
Lead team of employees (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 6, 2014
Fun fast pace job too work. Lozier was a very high paced work place. I learned where and how metal shelving for major stores was made.