LPL Financial Services

LPL Financial Services Employee Reviews

• Provide extensive desktop (hardware, software, firmware) support to 1500+ users on day-to-day issues covering multiple facilities
Desktop Technician/Network Administrator (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAJuly 14, 2015
• Provide extensive desktop (hardware, software, firmware) support to 1500+ users on day-to-day basis.Participate in special projects such as repair/ maintenance of network printers, and personal computers. Set up new workstations and new hardware along with the software configuration management.
A Good Place For Independent Advisors
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 16, 2015
Pros: Technology and Compensation
Cons: Too Little Assistance
LPL is a good Broker-Dealer for advisors who want to be independent. Their technology is excellent and they stay out of your way; however, when you need assistance, they don't always come through.
Productive and fast paced work place
Commissions Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 27, 2015
Fast paced environment. Learned every position in the commissions department. Management was very hands off unless there was an issue. Enjoyed co-workers. Enjoyed learning and becoming a team.
Temp
Compliance (Former Employee), San DiegoApril 8, 2015
Pros: nice building
Cons: being a temp
I worked here for a year as a temp. It is impossible to get hired permanently from a temp status. Everything else is great-cafeteria, new building, covered parking.
Fun and Productive
Directory Services Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: close to the beach
Cons: outsourcing...
typical day involves running AD operations
learned to stay on top of my skill set
great co workers
hardest part.. leaving San Diego
Great building, slow goal progress, lots of busy work
Senior Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great physical work environment
Cons: constant re-organizations, lots of time wasted.
Workplace environment is fantastic, lots of light, brand new building, cafeteria. Co-workers are friendly. Management is in continuous improvement. Re-organization of departments, roles and employees are continuous, occurring every 6 months. This affects workplace morale and accounts for a tremendous loss of time.
Company tries to balance life and work
IT Hardware Asset Manager - Business Analyst (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 26, 2014
Pros: nice work areas, convenient cafeteria, gym.
Cons: not rewarded for extensive work hours or dedication. outsourcing.
Company tries to balance life and work with amenities in a new building. Pay is comparable. Company is known for outsourcing it's employees to overseas companies.

Frequent upper management turnover and reorganization.
Broker on LPL Platform
Office Manager & Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 24, 2014
This was a small office that consisted of three people. One of which was the broker. Unfortunately there was not enough work to keep me busy for 8 hours a day, The hardest part was to find something to do. I cleaned out the closet full of marketing materials, labled all the client folders, went through the retention boxes. This was all completed within one week.
LPL
Sr. Analyst, Tech Support (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 8, 2014
I would have to approach the day with an opened mind ready to adapt the all issues that arise during the day. I have learned a lot working at LPL because I had to be jack of all trades and not focus on one primary function I have been able to cross many lines. Our management here is continuing to develop and grow with respect to the culture and needs of the employees. I love working with my co-workers both in my department along with the folks that I support. The hardest part of my job is not having the necessary tools I need to support the general user. I try and make the users job easier if I can. The things I enjoy the most is just coming to work and being surrounded by various forms of information.
Public company
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 5, 2014
Prior to going public, new management was brought in from the outside at the higher levels. As such LPL lost it's formerly great culture of hard work and camaraderie. Now focused on bottom line and shareholder value, as opposed to building a better business and improving it's infrastructure.
Adivisory Consultant
Internship (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 5, 2014
As an intern here I had a chance to gain experice in marketing along with custom clearing servies. LPL has a internal education database which encourages employees to further their education and I really like that. There is always room for promotion and the overall enviornment at LPL Financial and warm and friendly
What are they thinking?
Administration (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 11, 2014
What company would spend over $250K on implementing a program which had been working very well over a year, give the program to a manager who hasn't a clue and proceeds to destroy it?
Truth - Ups and downs
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 12, 2013
Cons: vacation/short breaks/burnt out/not much growth/salary
Can be stressful. Short staffed. Jobs going overseas. Raises are poorly distributed.
Fast growing company
Supervisor, Account Transfers (Former Employee), North CarolinaOctober 7, 2013
Pros: growth
Cons: management
There are positives and negatives in every work place but its up to each person to find out the information themselves. The are things I loved about working at LPL and certain things i did not.
the entire onboarding process was scary bad
operations specialist (Former Employee), san diegoSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: everything else
Everything was disorganized, paperwork lost, technology issues. The things I saw occur in my brief time there were well below industry norm. Talk of outsourcing was everyday topic. Just nothing really worthwhile about this employer except the people seemed nice.
Terrible place to work. There is no real growth and you will waste your life here.
operations (Former Employee), san diegoMay 1, 2013
Pros: it is a paycheck
Cons: lowball pay and overworked employees
LPL is very good at making a prospective employee think that they are getting a great job. In reality you will be overworked and underpaid. They are also outsourcing many departments in order to maximize their profits while diminishing yours. In addition, many of the financial advisors are dishonest and dim. Do not work for this company unless you can not find any other job.
Decent benefits, friendly co-workers
Retirement -Finance Clerk (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 24, 2013
copied from co-worker @ Glassdoor-agreed:
Managers of staff should have people and management skills, as well as be good examples. Managers should conduct themselves in a professional manner at work and function related social unctions.
OUTSOURCING - To Anyone Considering LPL for Employment
Financial Services Employee (Current Employee), United StatesJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: none that i can think of
Cons: outsourcing, poor management, old technology, very unhappy employees
If you're considering LPL as an employer please know that the company in the beginning stages of outsourcing all employees including everyone from admin assistants to SVPs and managers.

LPL is doing their best to rid themselves of overhead in any manner possible. There are outsourced workers in the company now, all of whom have had their salaries cut while their health insurance premiums have increased. A double dose of bad for them.

This is the future for anyone, SVP and below who is hired by LPL Financial. The company is ridding itself of expenses chiefly because their stock has remained flat from day one.

Upper management is top heavy with far too many executives. If they were to cut 10% off the top tier, nobody would notice and it would add that much more money to the company.

Interestingly, all the cost cutting is being done while the company builds a state of the art multi-storey tower in San Diego and while their top tier management fly back and forth across the country in rented private jets. Luxury for upper management, low salaries and higher health insurance for everyone else.

My best advice to anyone considering LPL as a future employer is to look elsewhere. Take it from this current employee, avoid LPL at all costs.
Operations Specialist, Journals (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 2, 2012
Pros: i got to grow
Cons: i wanted more
I learned a lot plus I was able to learn different things in other departments which ment means i was able to grow with the company. Management gave you a chance to grow and learn things, Co-worker are okay no different from any other job but most of all i really enjoy my job i learned alot while i was there.
Great Company to work for
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2012
Pros: work environment, benefits
Cons: n/a
LPL is a great place to work. You will hard, but you are valued for your hard work. Also, it you work hard you will move up in the company. Management styles from differ from person to person, but for the most part you are trusted to do your job well without too much micro management. I highly recommend working at LPL.