LPL Financial Services Employee Reviews

LPL services is great company !
Brokers Assistant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 4, 2017
LPL services is a clearing house for independent securities brokers. I had an opportunity to work with several of the brokers in a small office setting. I learned a lot about the securities industry.
Pros
small office, building personal/professional relationships with clients
My experience
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 19, 2016
Working at LPL Financial was a GREAT experience. I had never worked at such a high scale business before. I got along with co workers great. I learned how to do my job even better then before.
#1 Private Broker Dealer in America
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CASeptember 8, 2016
Working at LPL Financial I was able to gain extensive knowledge in financial services. I learned the ins and outs of the back office and was able to get my security clearance to handle large quantities of money.
Great opportunity
Client Relations (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Great opportunity to work for a great company in a fantastic industry. Fun and interesting work with the current market.
Very upscale professional office
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 7, 2016
LPL is a sole advisor office that shares space with a family owned CPA firm. It's a small staff and very cohesive office. Everyone works well together.
Pros
staff is very well taken care of
Cons
long hours during tax season
Practice Manager
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 3, 2015
I was hired by a stock broker friend of mine, we used to work together back in the day, to help him get a grasp on organizing, website usage, and remote applications that include e-contracts and e- signatures.
Not much room to grow since it's a 1 man office. My job is basically complete and I am looking to relocate back West, preferably in the mountain of Colorado or close to my sister in Malibu.
Pros
Great Boss
Cons
no room to grow
• Provide extensive desktop (hardware, software, firmware) support to 1500+ users on day-to-day issues covering multiple facilities
Desktop Technician/Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJuly 14, 2015
• Provide extensive desktop (hardware, software, firmware) support to 1500+ users on day-to-day basis.Participate in special projects such as repair/ maintenance of network printers, and personal computers. Set up new workstations and new hardware along with the software configuration management.
Enjoyed working with customers
Stock Broker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nevada, MOOctober 15, 2015
I make contacts with my current customers and vendors. I also do quotations for manufacturing companies, that need my assistance. I do follow up calls to insure everything has been done in a timely manner.
Pros
over night travel periodically
Cons
Flexible schedule
Good company.
Business Development Associate / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 31, 2015
I enjoyed my time with LPL. Their pay scale, relatively-speaking, was actually quite high. There were times, in fact, that I did not comprehend how they could compensate myself and members of my team to the extent they did, given our operations schedule and revenue generation activities.
Great and fun place to be at
Associate Service Professional (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 1, 2015
Great place to work, the management staff was always there and ready to help you out. The monthly meetings was great, it showed you where you need to be on a one on one basis
Great building, slow goal progress, lots of busy work
Senior Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Workplace environment is fantastic, lots of light, brand new building, cafeteria. Co-workers are friendly. Management is in continuous improvement. Re-organization of departments, roles and employees are continuous, occurring every 6 months. This affects workplace morale and accounts for a tremendous loss of time.
Pros
Great physical work environment
Cons
Constant re-organizations, lots of time wasted.
Lpl
Sr. Analyst, Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 8, 2014
I would have to approach the day with an opened mind ready to adapt the all issues that arise during the day. I have learned a lot working at LPL because I had to be jack of all trades and not focus on one primary function I have been able to cross many lines. Our management here is continuing to develop and grow with respect to the culture and needs of the employees. I love working with my co-workers both in my department along with the folks that I support. The hardest part of my job is not having the necessary tools I need to support the general user. I try and make the users job easier if I can. The things I enjoy the most is just coming to work and being surrounded by various forms of information.
Lack of stability
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rogersville, TNOctober 27, 2015
The Broker who was the owner of this office was good at his work. He didn't not have any idea how to let his office manager manage the office.
Cons
Low pay, no benefits
Company tries to balance life and work
IT Hardware Asset Manager - Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 26, 2014
Company tries to balance life and work with amenities in a new building. Pay is comparable. Company is known for outsourcing it's employees to overseas companies.

Frequent upper management turnover and reorganization.
Pros
Nice work areas, convenient cafeteria, gym.
Cons
Not rewarded for extensive work hours or dedication. Outsourcing.
Broker on LPL Platform
Office Manager & Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 24, 2014
This was a small office that consisted of three people. One of which was the broker. Unfortunately there was not enough work to keep me busy for 8 hours a day, The hardest part was to find something to do. I cleaned out the closet full of marketing materials, labled all the client folders, went through the retention boxes. This was all completed within one week.
A Good Place For Independent Advisors
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 16, 2015
LPL is a good Broker-Dealer for advisors who want to be independent. Their technology is excellent and they stay out of your way; however, when you need assistance, they don't always come through.
Pros
Technology and Compensation
Cons
Too Little Assistance
Great Company to work for
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2012
LPL is a great place to work. You will hard, but you are valued for your hard work. Also, it you work hard you will move up in the company. Management styles from differ from person to person, but for the most part you are trusted to do your job well without too much micro management. I highly recommend working at LPL.
Pros
work environment, benefits
Cons
n/a
Operations Specialist, Journals (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 2, 2012
I learned a lot plus I was able to learn different things in other departments which ment means i was able to grow with the company. Management gave you a chance to grow and learn things, Co-worker are okay no different from any other job but most of all i really enjoy my job i learned alot while i was there.
Pros
i got to grow
Cons
i wanted more
the entire onboarding process was scary bad
operations specialist (Former Employee) –  san diegoSeptember 11, 2013
Everything was disorganized, paperwork lost, technology issues. The things I saw occur in my brief time there were well below industry norm. Talk of outsourcing was everyday topic. Just nothing really worthwhile about this employer except the people seemed nice.
Pros
nice people
Cons
everything else
Adivisory Consultant
Internship (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 5, 2014
As an intern here I had a chance to gain experice in marketing along with custom clearing servies. LPL has a internal education database which encourages employees to further their education and I really like that. There is always room for promotion and the overall enviornment at LPL Financial and warm and friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LPL Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7