LPL Financial Services Employee Reviews

A company in slow decline
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 1, 2018
The Company is firing people since 2009. Re-org, outsourcing, relocation of jobs to cheapest locations..freezing raises, suspending bonus, etc. CEO and Exec Directors left. New & young people without experience are trying to sale LPL..Management is too concern with cutting costs rather than providing a decent workplace ...
Pros
once upon a time it was a nice place to work
Cons
micromanagement by idiots
Lost their way in a sea of brokers and money managers.
Registered Principal, BOM (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 9, 2017
Company has lost direction and focus. They are just interested in buying up small broker/Dealers. The main focus has been lost over the years. They nickle and dime smaller businesses out of existance.
Pros
minor politics
Cons
excessive oversight and poor software platforms
working independent
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLNovember 1, 2017
You have to be a self starter. have an established book of business before you go independent. Enjoyed having my own firm and compliance department in house. Enjoyed the freedom of hours. Enjoyed having my own office. Highly recommend this firm to anyone wanting to have an independent office.
Pros
You own the Business. The client are your clients not the firms
Cons
Your on your own, very little back office. No benefits
Worked remotely under ADA
AML Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 14, 2017
Difficult keeping up with consistent and continual changes. Considerably different working environment in two years.

The company made working remotely available after it became obvious that I'm disabled and the changes in direction and leadership involved many continual changes in procedures and changes in production and structure of methods of detail and reporting
Pros
On site very modern facilities
Cons
Hard to make expectations with constant changes in management and direction
LPL changed
Investment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2017
Local office closed

Change in local management not for the better.

LPL great system.

LPL during my tenure changed for the worse.

Local atmosphere focused on local owner.

Office design was in very good taste.

Nice eating area.

Very nice and helpful staff.

Local compliance and corporate compliance good.
Pros
At time LPL great--changed
Cons
Local and Broker/Dealer Management changed.
Excellent Opportunity to Learn about Financial Services
Business Analyst / Programming Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2017
Able to expand my financial knowledge through systems design and development. Gained insight into stock and mutual fund trading by analyzing data being provided to financial brokers.
Lots to do
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 21, 2017
Over worked at times. Casual dressing is nice. Depends on which department, management provides flexibility for family matters. They should pay more for insurance. Extend bereavement to a full week.
Pros
Casual dressing, some good people
Cons
Over worked and salary is lower then other compaines in the industry
Great company - would work for them again.
Business Development Analyst / Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 6, 2017
I worked for LPL for one year as a contractual consultant. Great company, clear vision, good management. After my contract expired, I chose to pursue a law degree as part of a scholarship program.
approved
Investment Executive (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 3, 2017
great work flow with the company, having a challenge everyday is rewarding to know that a new and exciting day is about to happen, I do really enjoy this industry
Great opportunity
Client Relations (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Great opportunity to work for a great company in a fantastic industry. Fun and interesting work with the current market.
LPL services is great company !
Brokers Assistant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 4, 2017
LPL services is a clearing house for independent securities brokers. I had an opportunity to work with several of the brokers in a small office setting. I learned a lot about the securities industry.
Pros
small office, building personal/professional relationships with clients
My experience
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 19, 2016
Working at LPL Financial was a GREAT experience. I had never worked at such a high scale business before. I got along with co workers great. I learned how to do my job even better then before.
#1 Private Broker Dealer in America
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CASeptember 8, 2016
Working at LPL Financial I was able to gain extensive knowledge in financial services. I learned the ins and outs of the back office and was able to get my security clearance to handle large quantities of money.
Very upscale professional office
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 7, 2016
LPL is a sole advisor office that shares space with a family owned CPA firm. It's a small staff and very cohesive office. Everyone works well together.
Pros
staff is very well taken care of
Cons
long hours during tax season
Good place to work and had some great people there.
Senior Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2016
Plenty of training available to grow your career with the firm. Management was easy to work with and tried their best to created an engaging environment.
Great and fun place to be at
Associate Service Professional (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 1, 2015
Great place to work, the management staff was always there and ready to help you out. The monthly meetings was great, it showed you where you need to be on a one on one basis
Lack of stability
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rogersville, TNOctober 27, 2015
The Broker who was the owner of this office was good at his work. He didn't not have any idea how to let his office manager manage the office.
Cons
Low pay, no benefits
Enjoyed working with customers
Stock Broker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nevada, MOOctober 15, 2015
I make contacts with my current customers and vendors. I also do quotations for manufacturing companies, that need my assistance. I do follow up calls to insure everything has been done in a timely manner.
Pros
over night travel periodically
Cons
Flexible schedule
Good company.
Business Development Associate / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 31, 2015
I enjoyed my time with LPL. Their pay scale, relatively-speaking, was actually quite high. There were times, in fact, that I did not comprehend how they could compensate myself and members of my team to the extent they did, given our operations schedule and revenue generation activities.
Practice Manager
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 3, 2015
I was hired by a stock broker friend of mine, we used to work together back in the day, to help him get a grasp on organizing, website usage, and remote applications that include e-contracts and e- signatures.
Not much room to grow since it's a 1 man office. My job is basically complete and I am looking to relocate back West, preferably in the mountain of Colorado or close to my sister in Malibu.
Pros
Great Boss
Cons
no room to grow