LPL Financial Employee Reviews

good to above average work enviornment
Supervisory Principal / Compliance (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2017
gained a lot of industry knowledge over the years. was able to move into different positions within the company which was helpful. worked with some very fine co-workers.
Corporate Disorganization
Manager - Internal Consulting (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 12, 2017
Large number of layoffs and no job security. Management were too concerned in protecting their positions at any cost. Management was too concerned with cutting costs rather than providing a decent workplace environment.
Basic Internship
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 9, 2017
I mostly was involved with office administration work and organization and constant filing of tax documents, although I did pick up on how to perform bookkeeping which I felt was able to get hands-on experience from what I was learning in school.
Lpl
Project Manager DLP (Former Employee) –  Ft. Mill, SCJune 7, 2017
I have been working at LPL Financial full-time (More than 3 years)
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, creative business, not dollar driven but makes money on integrity. Thinks beyond traditional broker, highly motivated owner. Great place for personal growth.
Cons
Highly regulated business, a lot of continuing education. Ever changing regulations. Market volatility and client hand holding with clients to help them understand investments.
Advice to Management
Delegate more to grow business. Owner is very hand on and like to have control of all aspect of the business and clients.
Productive and fun environment with a ping pong table
Cost Basis Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 6, 2017
LPL is a great place to work. Everyone works very hard to meet deadlines even though they are not micromanaged by managers. This is because the managers trust us to get our work done.

My job is mainly data entry, which can get boring, but there are so many things I get to work on so I dont get bored. Its awesome that they trust me to work on so many projects even though I have only been here for a year. Best management that I have ever had!
Pros
ping pong, great people, not micromanaged
Cons
keeps extending my contract instead of hiring me
Wonderful, beautiful place to work
Associate Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJune 6, 2017
Beautiful facility, lots to learn, and great place to work. A lot of room for advancement and to learn all about the finance world. A great way to start a new and promising career.
Great Culture, Little Chance to Advance
Sr. Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 5, 2017
LPL has great people and an awesome new campus. Just not much room to advance in most positions. With a few exceptions you will get a job and be in it for a long time.
Service Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 31, 2017
I loved the experience working at lpl Management wasn't the tightest but I see the positive in the atmosphere . I learn a lot and was surrounded by great coworkers
Pros
People around you made you better
Cons
Management wasn't strong
Great building and amenities and most associates are wonderful!
Registered Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 22, 2017
I love the building and all the amenities (wellness center, full gym, cafeteria, outside living area) and most of the employees are happy here with great attitudes. They do push for job advancement, or career change within LPL, but the managers, IF you are a good employee, can make advancement to another department difficult, which can be understandable as they don't want to lose a valuable associate and have to retrain someone new. The bad side is LPL is notorious for layoffs, so you're never really 100% secure, but I guess you really could say that with any other companies also.
Growing company with a healthy work environment
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST- PROCUREMENT (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 18, 2017
A typical day would be located in the new state of the art building located in Fort Mill, SC. The company has a culture of continuous learning and personal development. While working at LPL I have learned to trust my intellect and take initiative on things out of my day to day job. The management team encourages and empowers employees to make decisions and take necessary risk.
Great broker dealer to work for!
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 18, 2017
A great place to work as an independent broker! Being self employed and having a highly reputable brokerage company backing you up is a great formula for success.
Pros
Great for self motivated individuals
Limited Growth Prospects
Marketing Regulatory Review (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 18, 2017
The writing is on the wall... major culture shift in the last 18 months becoming increasingly micro in management style across departments. Company is undergoing a relocation to a new campus in SC. Career opportunities are limited unless you are there. As a result, lots of new hires with limited understanding of the business. A "buyout" offer was floated in the financial media last year. Putting two and two together, I'd say there is some turmoil within the firm. Used to be a fun place to work, unfortunately not any more.
Horrible Management in Governance Risk Compliance
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 16, 2017
Good company but I would steer clear of GRC. Horrible management, extremely unprofessional. Deputy Chief Risk Officer is extremely abusive to all direct and indirect reports. Trust this review....don't do it. Try to join a different department within the firm.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Weak management
Good place to work and grow
Financial Advisor Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 10, 2017
good place to work and grow lots of opportunities and good compensation if you have a good book of business. Great independent work environment and tools to develop
Forward looking firm, great ideas and progressive
Vice President of Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2017
Wonderful place to work if in the office, more challenging as a field employee. Great compensation and benefits. Excellent research team and investment lineup.
Good company
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 3, 2017
Good company with great people, and great amenities. The culture is excellent and the company does a lot to reward its employees aside from compensation.
Pros
Great building, great amenities, good benefits, and amazing culture
Cons
Compensation
Better than a wirehouse
Wealth Adviser (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 1, 2017
The compensation is better than a wirehouse however the platforms for clients portfolio management are lacking in their sophistication. Must have a viable client pipeline to succeed in the industry.
Nice environment
Help Desk/Email Migration Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 25, 2017
Beautiful new building. Lots of light. Motorized desktops (up & down). They pay employees well. I was there for a contract project, so... Lounge areas on every floor, with kitchen areas, big screen TVs, really inexpensive soft drinks. Cafeteria/restaurant on site. Food is sometimes great. Company gave pre-paid cards for use in cafeteria & Starbucks area. I never paid for anything. Had money left over when I left.
Pros
Gym, basketball court, bocci ball court, ping pong, underground parking, more
Cons
Financial services company; atmosphere can be stressful.
Enjoyed working for the Company - did not like the lay-offs
Custody Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 24, 2017
Moved from managing the Custody Department to Inside Advisory Sales support. The last position was all phone support, with minimal supervision. Sales team expectations were extremely high. Upper Management was not focused on sales division, but rather operations departments, so lay-offs hit our department first when the market crashed in 2008/2009.

Work environment was excellent and fellow co-workers were as well. It was mainly the markets that can change everything in this industry.
Pros
Job advancement potential
Cons
market sensitivity
Work Place
Sr. Operations Specialist/Direct Business (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 21, 2017
Great Place to Work, very supportive management. My team is like my second family. I would love to continue growing with the company. Best company Ive worked for so far.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LPL Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval