LPL Financial Employee Reviews

I do not have a response.
Sr. Business Analyst/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 18, 2017
I do not have a response. I do not have a response at this time. please allow me to continue with this profile process. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Pros
I do not have a response.
Cons
I do not have a response.
Good but temporary
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 3, 2017
LPL is a great place if you have a large book of business to bring over. It is very challenging to start your career as an advisor there unless you pair up with a group or a successful senior advisor who is going to retire. I decided to leave this company in pursue of a better opportunity. At the time this was a great opportunity. It gave me experience as a Financial Advisor which added valuable experience to my career experience.
Productive and Fun work Environment
Business Technology Project Coordinator Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92121July 30, 2017
In my position, I was able to meet so many people from interns to executives. Each person I met and have worked with have been helpful and welcoming to work with.
Pros
Work Flexibility
Cons
Cool people and they really tried to make it fun
OPERATIONS SPECIALIST, Margins (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2017
Workplace has a personal gym, a game room with a ping pong table and an xbox that I've never seen anyone play and quite a few outside games too. They have an on site nurse who can write you prescriptions if needed and coffee machines on every floor. They have a private coffee shop and a cafeteria with pretty good food on the ground floor. They work you to the bone but they try to make it worth it.
Good support Technology sucks
Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 26, 2017
Your team really wants to help you out, but there technology platforms, yes multiple ones and very old. The problem is known of them work together so your bouncing through different screens. Also you reference center is horrible and hard to find things. Marketing is a joke unless you stuck in the 90's
Pros
team support
Cons
Technology
one of the best companies I've worked for
Supervisory Principal/Designated Principal (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2017
work to help you maintain work/life balance, if you are in the corporate office they have a fitness center, on site clinic, healthy café options - great manangement team
Great Organization
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 15, 2017
A day at LPL was is always an leaning experience. The job was very fast paces, but provided great training to keep up with the environment.I love the fact that management was always willing to help.
Great independance
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Grove, OKJuly 11, 2017
Great for growing your business. Very open investment platform. Great tools if you need them. Manage and grow your business the way you want. Great to work for.
Great people to work with
Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  LaSalle, ILJuly 11, 2017
The Administrative Assistant - Receptionist is responsible for assisting with the daily operations of the office including answering a multi-line telephone system, directing callers to appropriate individuals, and greeting visitors while alerting the appropriate party of the visitor arrival. Performs a variety of basic and some advanced administrative support functions. Schedules appointments and give information to callers. Compose and generate reports, handles multiple projects, creates portfolios, current and annual allocation reports, as well as asset and valuations reviews. Management is top notch, provides lunch for employees each day. The most enjoyable part of this job is the people I work with.
Unorganized with poor upper management
Associate Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 11, 2017
I worked at LPL for 1.5 years in one of the higher tier customer service positions. My direct manager (and most of the direct, lower level managers for the department) were great managers. Once you reached the AVP level and above, everything seemed to go downhill. Goals that conflicted with one another, changes that made our jobs more difficult, and other negative changes. AVP and above seemed very out of touch, and as if they wanted changes to improve the numbers but didn't know what to do. Very shady at that level and above. On the other hand, my direct manager and my team were very close knit, and looked out for each other, which made day to day work better. Good pay for customer service. Would not recommend.
Grinder
AVP (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2017
You are worked very hard for little recognition.

long days
no direction
constant course change
Laid back and calm
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJuly 3, 2017
If you don't know something there is a team of people to answer your questions and train you on whichever new technique has been updated and created. Management was great, they worked with you instead of micromanaging and set reasonable deadlines. The people were great, the location was wonderful, and the benefits were wonderful.
Pros
Good people, good backup
Cons
almost everything is done by fax
Wonderful place of employment
Client Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 28, 2017
Extremely lucky to have worked for such a phenomenal and well-respected financial planner and company. Learned more than just the basics of financial planning and was able to grow as a professional and as a person.
Pros
Supportive work environment
Cons
Limited hours
good to above average work enviornment
Supervisory Principal / Compliance (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2017
gained a lot of industry knowledge over the years. was able to move into different positions within the company which was helpful. worked with some very fine co-workers.
Corporate Disorganization
Manager - Internal Consulting (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 12, 2017
Large number of layoffs and no job security. Management were too concerned in protecting their positions at any cost. Management was too concerned with cutting costs rather than providing a decent workplace environment.
Basic Internship
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 9, 2017
I mostly was involved with office administration work and organization and constant filing of tax documents, although I did pick up on how to perform bookkeeping which I felt was able to get hands-on experience from what I was learning in school.
Lpl
Project Manager DLP (Former Employee) –  Ft. Mill, SCJune 7, 2017
I have been working at LPL Financial full-time (More than 3 years)
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, creative business, not dollar driven but makes money on integrity. Thinks beyond traditional broker, highly motivated owner. Great place for personal growth.
Cons
Highly regulated business, a lot of continuing education. Ever changing regulations. Market volatility and client hand holding with clients to help them understand investments.
Advice to Management
Delegate more to grow business. Owner is very hand on and like to have control of all aspect of the business and clients.
Productive and fun environment with a ping pong table
Cost Basis Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 6, 2017
LPL is a great place to work. Everyone works very hard to meet deadlines even though they are not micromanaged by managers. This is because the managers trust us to get our work done.

My job is mainly data entry, which can get boring, but there are so many things I get to work on so I dont get bored. Its awesome that they trust me to work on so many projects even though I have only been here for a year. Best management that I have ever had!
Pros
ping pong, great people, not micromanaged
Cons
keeps extending my contract instead of hiring me
Wonderful, beautiful place to work
Associate Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJune 6, 2017
Beautiful facility, lots to learn, and great place to work. A lot of room for advancement and to learn all about the finance world. A great way to start a new and promising career.
Great Culture, Little Chance to Advance
Sr. Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 5, 2017
LPL has great people and an awesome new campus. Just not much room to advance in most positions. With a few exceptions you will get a job and be in it for a long time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LPL Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval