LPL Financial Employee Reviews

Good place to work 24 hour gym, cafeteria, good health benefits
Employer Plan Services Consultant/Peer Coach (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Good place to work 24 hour gym,there is a cafeteria on site. the people at LPL are really nice. make lots of good friends. very good health benefits. i like the people who work at the gym they are very nice. it is nice to have a 24 hour gym. to work out all the time.
Pros
24 hour gym
cons
Lack of Advancement without a Series 7
Service Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte NCOctober 3, 2015
Overall LPL is a great place to work, however for someone who has challenges of being able to handle several task at once may pose a challenge. The benefits are standard as to what you should expect with any company i.e. vision dental and medical. The perks of working for a company that deals with the stock market is when the market is closed you are off from work hence the additional days off within a year. The drive for me was challenging since it takes me 45 minutes one way to work, however for someone who lives on the south side of Charlotte this could be a advantage point. The company is slowly transitioning to being a call center for thoose who had worked in that environment.
Pros
Excellent Pay
Cons
401K options, Overwork its Employees
Great enviorment to learn about the financial service industry
Administrative Associate & Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CASeptember 15, 2016
I worked for an independent adviser that moves from a large national bank to LPL Financial.I learned what it takes to managed and run a boutique investments shops. Typical day is services clients needs. (EX: setting up distributions, contributions, accounts openings, RMD requests, etc.) I learned how to evaluate clients needs and find suitable investments that match their person and financial goals. The management was in a form of business mentor-ship. The most difficult part of the job was discover new avenues for products and marketing. The most enjoyable part of the job is witnessing a financial plan implementation change the financial security of our clients.
Focus on outsourcing and offshoring
Operations Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2016
During the last 4 years I worked there, the company was focused on outsourcing and offshoring. Every 6 months or so, we were threatened with losing our jobs. The managers didn't know what they were doing and we had a new one every year or so. There was no chance of advancement and we were basically lucky just to keep our jobs and not get outsourced. On the bright side, the benefits were good.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
constant staffing cuts and outsourcing, no advancement or raises
Talented people, good benefits
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 5, 2016
Upper management keeps changing direction and keeping the workforce in half dysfunctional state. There are many technologies used so it's good if you want to get exposure to everything under the sun. Most of those technologies are underutilized.

Work/Life balance can be erratic but it improved a little bit. Sometimes you may get killed with a load of work and other times they will go into a "freeze" mode and not let you do anything useful.
Pros
Pay and benefits, exposure to many technologies, good people
Cons
Frequent illogical change of direction in technology and strategy, frequent company restructuring
Management Turnover is hign
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 23, 2016
Overall this is a good company that is suffering from too much turnover in leadership. Many departments lack major processes and procedures and seasoned management who can lead and guide the teams though rapid change. CEO is good and will see the company through to the next level as long as he can hold together a solid team of executives who can assist him in taking the company to the next level.
Pros
State of the art buildings. Great work space.
Cons
Subject Matter Experts are in short supply.
Constant change / jobs outsourced
Associate Vice President, Application Development (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 29, 2016
LPL Financial is in constant change, with reorganizations occurring before the company can recover from the last reorg. There has been a large effort to outsource jobs to external companies, eliminating the positions in IT and operations. The company eliminates individual contributor positions through attrition, but still manages to grow the executive leadership team.

The projects are increasingly unattainable, due to over-commitment to customers and deadlines that are mandated by conference dates rather than being thoughtfully planned and project managed.

Although some managers offer flexible schedules, the hours frequently involve multiple weekends during the month to support require releases.

The company offers a Stock Purchase program, but the stock price has tanked, leaving employees under water with their stock holdings.
Pros
Flexible schedules, supports community
Cons
Frequent reorgs, too much Senior Leadership, outsourcing jobs
Great Working Environment
Executive Administrative Assistant to EVP (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2015
LPL Financial is on the cutting edge of technology for financial planners; thereby, soliciting our ideas and fostering an up-beat, creative place to work. We are treated like adults and are expected to act as such. C-Level management truly listens to positive ideas; its refreshing.
Pros
Added amenities: Gym on site, Starbucks, Cafe, Medical Clinic, competitive salaries, great benefits
Was a good place to work and had a lot of good people there.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2016
Was always plenty of training provided to improve your career and grow yourself with the firm. Management was easy to work with and always tried to create an engaging environment.
Think Hard Before Working There
VP (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 26, 2016
Company is in constant state of change -- change for change not change for improvement. Company doesn't walk the talk to their employees beneath the EVP or at least SVP level or to most of their advisors. Read up on the stock buy-back program and read between the lines. Look at who has left the company and where they went or are going.
Pros
There are good effective/productive people there who still believe in what the company WAS.
Cons
The executive management no longer appear principled or ethical.
Best place to work
Client Compensation Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 6, 2015
My current job is a great place to work. The environment is fun and our team really goes the extra mile. Our management is always following up and there to assist. The company in whole is the best I have ever worked at. Great benefits. Great pay. Many holidays off. The hardest part of the job is to know all the material needed to assist you. This takes willingness to want to learn. Research hard for best results.
Pros
Holiday time off
Cons
The extent of material needed for our job position - very complex.
Opportunity is what you make of it
Client Compensation Technology Rep (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 23, 2015
I have been working at LPL since 2013, and would not trade it for the world. I have a great leadership team. My work hours are flexible and with proper planning I am able to take care of any appointments and time off with or without PTO days being used. You are encouraged to develop your skills and seek out opportunities for growth. The pay is great and the benefits are inexpensive and cover vision, health, dental and other optional coverages.
Pros
location, pay, benefits, flextime
Cons
about to move to SC
Fun place to work great management
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 31, 2016
Worked at this company for 7 years and was laid off in 2015 they outsourced jobs to India. I enjoyed my time there and I do miss it but they are not stable at this time they are still laying off and they are moving to Ft Mill SC this year to a new building
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not stable have a high turn over rate always laying off
One of the best places I've ever worked!
Sr. Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 30, 2015
Every day is different at LPL Financial. There are always new challenges and continuous changes to processes and procedures. Surprisingly, the firm functions very well considering there isn't much collaboration between the various departments. The culture is work hard and play hard. The firm thrives on employee retention and keeping knowledge in-house by filling positions with internal employees from other departments. A lot of people here started out as contingent workers. But, once you're in, you're in.
Atmosphere is enjoyable and conducive to productivity.
Registered Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 12, 2016
Office is full of competent advisors who are knowledgable and easy to get along with. The most frustrating part of the job is the paperwork, and the most enjoyable part of the job is helping people secure their financial future.
LPL Financial is a professional institution that gives their clients may different products to choose from in the investment arena.
Jr. Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  New YorkApril 27, 2016
I have learned a lot at LPL Financial. LPL is a superior Wall Street force that offers their clients a lot of choices, excellent representatives in the industry to service them and decent commissions with which to work with. Overall, LPL Financial is one of the brighter firms on the street.
Thoughts from an Integration Manager
Onboarding Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 16, 2016
LPL was a serviceable company. They seem to take their cues from competitors in the space rather than innovate. The culture was good and my coworkers were always the highlight of my day. Management was focused on bottom lines which is understandable considering they are publicly traded but it was a little disappointing nonetheless.
Awesome
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 15, 2016
I loved my time here, never felt so valued somewhere, people are so polite and professional, we're a team who actually work well together to take of our clients. Learned so much interesting information, never a boring day. All-round best experience I've ever had at a "work-place," would have loved to made a career here.
Unprincipled Leadership
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 19, 2016
Highly corrupt leadership. Those leaders who were fired, laid off or terminated from other companies seek refuge here. Corruption stinks high in this company. Needs a thorough overhaul. Unethical leadership.
Pros
You will get a Job provided you know someone inside
Cons
Corrupt Leadership
Excellent work environment and leadership
SENIOR RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 2, 2016
LPL Financial is a great place to work for a self-starter with a passion for customer service. The company is consistently growing and providing great benefits and opportunity for engagement to employees.