LPL Financial Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
IT support tier I and II (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJanuary 30, 2016
Under contract, would've loved to have been offered a permanent position. The company provide a range of facilities for employee care, their dress code is casual and their management very understanding to employees personal needs.
Pros
Excellent work environment and co workers
Cons
Contract Job
Vice President (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 30, 2016
Good place to work and serious efforts to improve the employee experience but it is a grind. Pay is okay but limited advancement opportunities.
Good start from college graduates
Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 23, 2016
LPL Financial LLC is a good start for entry-level candidates who are looking to gain some experience in financial industry. I would recommend it for college graduates.
Good place to work 24 hour gym, cafeteria, good health benefits
Employer Plan Services Consultant/Peer Coach (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Good place to work 24 hour gym,there is a cafeteria on site. the people at LPL are really nice. make lots of good friends. very good health benefits. i like the people who work at the gym they are very nice. it is nice to have a 24 hour gym. to work out all the time.
Pros
24 hour gym
cons
Financial advisor Associate
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAJanuary 13, 2016
LPL is focused on helping the independent financial advisor. They say their fees are low however it is very easy to get nickeled and dimed by them. Not the best place if you are truly trying to offer clients the lowest fees possible.
Pros
Open platform
Cons
Not a lot of learning offered
Great people
Senior Branch Examiner (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 12, 2016
Excellent place to work. The management was great and provided support on a constant basis. The job and the training was exciting and fun. Albeit, it is a hectic schedule you maintained the work was very rewarding.
A good place to work
Vice President, Governance, Risk & Compliance (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2016
I worked at LPL at two different points in my career. I only left for greater opportunities. I enjoyed working at LPL. The people are great and the company has come a long way to making it a very fulfilling environment for its employees.
Average Finance Company
Service 360 Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 9, 2016
It's pretty much your typical finance company. Fun culture, fairly large company. Not many opportunities for advancement.
I emjoy the freedom of independence.
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Linwood, NJJanuary 1, 2016
I am an independent financial advisor, my mornings consist of getting up very early and preparing for my day. I have clients to call and meetings to attend or set up.

Review my revenue numbers and see what is going on in the financial markets to better service my clients.

I enjoy meeting with clients and new prospects and really enjoy being involved in the industry.
One of the best places I've ever worked!
Sr. Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 30, 2015
Every day is different at LPL Financial. There are always new challenges and continuous changes to processes and procedures. Surprisingly, the firm functions very well considering there isn't much collaboration between the various departments. The culture is work hard and play hard. The firm thrives on employee retention and keeping knowledge in-house by filling positions with internal employees from other departments. A lot of people here started out as contingent workers. But, once you're in, you're in.
Independent Advisor
Registered Principal, Wealth Management Advisor (Former Employee) –  New YorkNovember 19, 2015
As a former Independent Advisor my review is only applicable to others in that channel, not corporate employees of LPL. Service, quality of answers and technology has fallen behind at an alarming pace in the last few years. Advisors are leaving and more nimble competitors are eating their lunch.
I am very grateful for the opportunities offered to me for employment.
License & Contracting Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2015
A lot of amazing people in the workplace.
This is all I have to say. I really don't have much more to say in my review unless I am to be interviewed for a position.
Pros
Yearly bonus if you qualified. Not all qualify.
Cons
Iternal promotions would not viewed by would be a qualified person for the actual position offered.
Lack of Advancement without a Series 7
Service Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte NCOctober 3, 2015
Overall LPL is a great place to work, however for someone who has challenges of being able to handle several task at once may pose a challenge. The benefits are standard as to what you should expect with any company i.e. vision dental and medical. The perks of working for a company that deals with the stock market is when the market is closed you are off from work hence the additional days off within a year. The drive for me was challenging since it takes me 45 minutes one way to work, however for someone who lives on the south side of Charlotte this could be a advantage point. The company is slowly transitioning to being a call center for thoose who had worked in that environment.
Pros
Excellent Pay
Cons
401K options, Overwork its Employees
Good
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  CharlotteSeptember 25, 2015
Good workplace. Fun Loving Nice to work. Management is good. Nice place to work. Good pay master. one of nice company to work for. good to have permanent job with LPL.
nice place to work
Internal Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 2, 2015
I have learned a lot from this company. Great co-workers who support each other in our teams. A fast pace job. I feel the training can be improved.
Great work culture
Senior Operation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 14, 2015
Growing company. Nice culture. Acquired Fortigent this year. Transitioning new with the old. Great opportunity for new graduates to work for LPL.
Great culture and great employee amenities at office location
Content Developer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 13, 2015
LPL is a great company to work for, they compensate their employees well and the culture is fun and casual for a financial company.
Great Working Environment
Executive Administrative Assistant to EVP (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2015
LPL Financial is on the cutting edge of technology for financial planners; thereby, soliciting our ideas and fostering an up-beat, creative place to work. We are treated like adults and are expected to act as such. C-Level management truly listens to positive ideas; its refreshing.
Pros
Added amenities: Gym on site, Starbucks, Cafe, Medical Clinic, competitive salaries, great benefits
Opportunity is what you make of it
Client Compensation Technology Rep (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 23, 2015
I have been working at LPL since 2013, and would not trade it for the world. I have a great leadership team. My work hours are flexible and with proper planning I am able to take care of any appointments and time off with or without PTO days being used. You are encouraged to develop your skills and seek out opportunities for growth. The pay is great and the benefits are inexpensive and cover vision, health, dental and other optional coverages.
Pros
location, pay, benefits, flextime
Cons
about to move to SC
Organization is a dynamic one
Software QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2015
I get to work with a lot of professionals. My workers are fun to interactive with. There are lots of building and if one has to travel to different buildings for meetings its difficult.