LPL Financial Employee Reviews

Work Place
Sr. Operations Specialist/Direct Business (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 21, 2017
Great Place to Work, very supportive management. My team is like my second family. I would love to continue growing with the company. Best company Ive worked for so far.
Poor Culture as LPL Reduces Expenses Ahead of Company Sell-Off
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 21, 2017
Most roles are moving to one of the two large providers in India, Cognizant and Cap Gemini.

Executives are seeking to replace full-time roles with contract positions to reduce expenses.

They are selling the company, therefore they care little about their employees, partners and customers. They also don't want to make any improvements unless required.
Pros
New building looks nice
Cons
New building is designed to entice a buyer to purchase LPL
Not great
Service Trading and Operations (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 19, 2017
Unfortunately this could be a great place to work. The management and career advancement are pretty bleak and basically non existent. Salarys are extremely low.
Really Good Company
Margin Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 18, 2017
I would still be working at LPL if it did not have such a bad management team at the time I worked there. I heard management is a lot better, I would not mind going back to work there since that was the only problem.
Pros
Great Benefits and Work/Life Balance
Operations Intern (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2017
Good place to work. Workplace culture is good. Helpful colleagues. Will recommend to a friend. I enjoyed learning about new software, and new applications.
Contractor Opportunity
Money Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 4, 2017
I worked here as a contractor for a few months. My first day on the job their were lay-offs. I should have taken that as a sign. My contract was ended abruptly. Great company but I would only work here if full-time status was offered.
Bad reviews keep getting deleted
Data Quality Management (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 16, 2017
Don't trust what you read here because LFG regularly gets bad reviews purged. I guess it's cheaper than treating people like human beings. Yesterday there were over 400 reviews, and what do you know, today their down to 200 with all the one star reviews deleted.

At least half half the employees are miserable, and a good deal of their workforce are temps trapped in temp jobs for years at a time despite being sold on temp to perm within a year or less.
Pros
None to speak of.
Cons
Insane micromanagers and incompetent leaders
It was part time
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJMarch 15, 2017
I really enjoyed LPL Financial but it was only part time and not in the field I wanted to work in. I really liked the work culture and enjoyed small perks like free lunches near a holiday.
Great work environment with alot of culture
liaison between Advisors and operations (Current Employee) –  FT Mill South CarolinaMarch 3, 2017
Assist Independent Financial Advisors and assistants with processing and technical questions about their accounts, Work with back office to assist in sending funds out of clients accounts
LPL Financial
Senior Mutual Fund Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAMarch 3, 2017
LPL Financial has a pretty laid-back atmosphere, depending on your department. Everyone seems pretty happy overall, but once again depending on your role and where you fit in at LPL Financial.
Pros
Open space for collaboration

Want to know more about LPL Financial?

Ask a question
Large company with lots of resources
Senior Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 25, 2017
LPL is a large company, and they have lots of resources to use. Once you are established in your position, they recognize that with some flexibility in your work schedule. They also allow you to grow within your department and functions by offering lots of cross training opportunities.
na
Compliance Analyst / Supervisory Principle (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 24, 2017
Competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great Work/Life Balance
Associate Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 23, 2017
LPL has a great work/life balance. Managers are very caring and want to see you advance. Would recommend to colleagues looking to start in a career in finance.
Good luck if you work in San Diego
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 7, 2017
coworkers are nice, benefits are decent, other than that they treat you pretty poorly. if you work in san diego don't plan on advancing unless its through a different dept. Upper mgmt is very out of touch with every day operations and communication is awful
Very enjoyable work environment
Front Line Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Ft. Mill, SCFebruary 7, 2017
Very calm and cool work environment, helpful and diligent to the clients. Great facilities. Management is helpful and understanding. A teamwork necessary environment.
Pros
not a stressed environment, great facilities, calm surroundings, good pay
Cons
honestly have none
Great Work/Life Balance
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 7, 2017
Great Work/Life Balance.The company built a new complex in Fort Mill, SC which is super nice and has a lot of amenities. If you are looking for a career and want/have a family this is a great place.
Pros
Cafeteria, gym, game room, health clinic
Cons
Internal promotions have unfair pay caps
Great place to get experience
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Always pretty busy, supportive management, friendly co-workers is the best part of the job. Job opportunities are good if willing to move to Fort Mill.
Pros
San Diego office has a free gym
great company
New Account Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 2, 2017
very productive, highly motivate work environment. Family oriented and promote and healthy environment for all employers. having ongoing product training, is a plus
Productive place with meeting different people.
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAJanuary 30, 2017
I am an intern at LPL Financial. This is a very good work place for everyone who is willing to reach their goals, work within minimum supervision, ability to take on new challenges.
People are so friendly and proactive.
Pros
free lunches
Great Employer
Independent Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NHJanuary 30, 2017
A great place to work if you are self driven and have a lot of time to build a book of business with little to no support. A perfect opportunity for someone who is already established and can afford to take some time to not make much while building a company from the ground up. There are no health or retirement benefits as an independent broker.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LPL Financial. Our community is ready to answer.