LPL Financial Employee Reviews

Great building and amenities and most associates are wonderful!
Registered Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 22, 2017
I love the building and all the amenities (wellness center, full gym, cafeteria, outside living area) and most of the employees are happy here with great attitudes. They do push for job advancement, or career change within LPL, but the managers, IF you are a good employee, can make advancement to another department difficult, which can be understandable as they don't want to lose a valuable associate and have to retrain someone new. The bad side is LPL is notorious for layoffs, so you're never really 100% secure, but I guess you really could say that with any other companies also.
Growing company with a healthy work environment
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST- PROCUREMENT (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 18, 2017
A typical day would be located in the new state of the art building located in Fort Mill, SC. The company has a culture of continuous learning and personal development. While working at LPL I have learned to trust my intellect and take initiative on things out of my day to day job. The management team encourages and empowers employees to make decisions and take necessary risk.
Great broker dealer to work for!
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 18, 2017
A great place to work as an independent broker! Being self employed and having a highly reputable brokerage company backing you up is a great formula for success.
Pros
Great for self motivated individuals
Limited Growth Prospects
Marketing Regulatory Review (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 18, 2017
The writing is on the wall... major culture shift in the last 18 months becoming increasingly micro in management style across departments. Company is undergoing a relocation to a new campus in SC. Career opportunities are limited unless you are there. As a result, lots of new hires with limited understanding of the business. A "buyout" offer was floated in the financial media last year. Putting two and two together, I'd say there is some turmoil within the firm. Used to be a fun place to work, unfortunately not any more.
Horrible Management in Governance Risk Compliance
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 16, 2017
Good company but I would steer clear of GRC. Horrible management, extremely unprofessional. Deputy Chief Risk Officer is extremely abusive to all direct and indirect reports. Trust this review....don't do it. Try to join a different department within the firm.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Weak management
Good place to work and grow
Financial Advisor Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 10, 2017
good place to work and grow lots of opportunities and good compensation if you have a good book of business. Great independent work environment and tools to develop
Forward looking firm, great ideas and progressive
Vice President of Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2017
Wonderful place to work if in the office, more challenging as a field employee. Great compensation and benefits. Excellent research team and investment lineup.
Good company
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 3, 2017
Good company with great people, and great amenities. The culture is excellent and the company does a lot to reward its employees aside from compensation.
Pros
Great building, great amenities, good benefits, and amazing culture
Cons
Compensation
Better than a wirehouse
Wealth Adviser (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 1, 2017
The compensation is better than a wirehouse however the platforms for clients portfolio management are lacking in their sophistication. Must have a viable client pipeline to succeed in the industry.
Nice environment
Help Desk/Email Migration Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 25, 2017
Beautiful new building. Lots of light. Motorized desktops (up & down). They pay employees well. I was there for a contract project, so... Lounge areas on every floor, with kitchen areas, big screen TVs, really inexpensive soft drinks. Cafeteria/restaurant on site. Food is sometimes great. Company gave pre-paid cards for use in cafeteria & Starbucks area. I never paid for anything. Had money left over when I left.
Pros
Gym, basketball court, bocci ball court, ping pong, underground parking, more
Cons
Financial services company; atmosphere can be stressful.

Want to know more about LPL Financial?

Ask a question
Enjoyed working for the Company - did not like the lay-offs
Custody Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 24, 2017
Moved from managing the Custody Department to Inside Advisory Sales support. The last position was all phone support, with minimal supervision. Sales team expectations were extremely high. Upper Management was not focused on sales division, but rather operations departments, so lay-offs hit our department first when the market crashed in 2008/2009.

Work environment was excellent and fellow co-workers were as well. It was mainly the markets that can change everything in this industry.
Pros
Job advancement potential
Cons
market sensitivity
Work Place
Sr. Operations Specialist/Direct Business (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 21, 2017
Great Place to Work, very supportive management. My team is like my second family. I would love to continue growing with the company. Best company Ive worked for so far.
Poor Culture as LPL Reduces Expenses Ahead of Company Sell-Off
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 21, 2017
Most roles are moving to one of the two large providers in India, Cognizant and Cap Gemini.

Executives are seeking to replace full-time roles with contract positions to reduce expenses.

They are selling the company, therefore they care little about their employees, partners and customers. They also don't want to make any improvements unless required.
Pros
New building looks nice
Cons
New building is designed to entice a buyer to purchase LPL
Not great
Service Trading and Operations (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 19, 2017
Unfortunately this could be a great place to work. The management and career advancement are pretty bleak and basically non existent. Salarys are extremely low.
Really Good Company
Margin Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 18, 2017
I would still be working at LPL if it did not have such a bad management team at the time I worked there. I heard management is a lot better, I would not mind going back to work there since that was the only problem.
Pros
Great Benefits and Work/Life Balance
Operations Intern (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2017
Good place to work. Workplace culture is good. Helpful colleagues. Will recommend to a friend. I enjoyed learning about new software, and new applications.
Contractor Opportunity
Money Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 4, 2017
I worked here as a contractor for a few months. My first day on the job their were lay-offs. I should have taken that as a sign. My contract was ended abruptly. Great company but I would only work here if full-time status was offered.
Bad reviews keep getting deleted
Data Quality Management (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 16, 2017
Don't trust what you read here because LFG regularly gets bad reviews purged. I guess it's cheaper than treating people like human beings. Yesterday there were over 400 reviews, and what do you know, today their down to 200 with all the one star reviews deleted.

At least half half the employees are miserable, and a good deal of their workforce are temps trapped in temp jobs for years at a time despite being sold on temp to perm within a year or less.
Pros
None to speak of.
Cons
Insane micromanagers and incompetent leaders
It was part time
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJMarch 15, 2017
I really enjoyed LPL Financial but it was only part time and not in the field I wanted to work in. I really liked the work culture and enjoyed small perks like free lunches near a holiday.
Great work environment with alot of culture
liaison between Advisors and operations (Current Employee) –  FT Mill South CarolinaMarch 3, 2017
Assist Independent Financial Advisors and assistants with processing and technical questions about their accounts, Work with back office to assist in sending funds out of clients accounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LPL Financial. Our community is ready to answer.