LPL Financial Employee Reviews in United States

Was a good place to work and had a lot of good people there.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2016
Was always plenty of training provided to improve your career and grow yourself with the firm. Management was easy to work with and always tried to create an engaging environment.
One of the best places I've ever worked!
Sr. Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 30, 2015
Every day is different at LPL Financial. There are always new challenges and continuous changes to processes and procedures. Surprisingly, the firm functions very well considering there isn't much collaboration between the various departments. The culture is work hard and play hard. The firm thrives on employee retention and keeping knowledge in-house by filling positions with internal employees from other departments. A lot of people here started out as contingent workers. But, once you're in, you're in.
Constant change / jobs outsourced
Associate Vice President, Application Development (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 29, 2016
LPL Financial is in constant change, with reorganizations occurring before the company can recover from the last reorg. There has been a large effort to outsource jobs to external companies, eliminating the positions in IT and operations. The company eliminates individual contributor positions through attrition, but still manages to grow the executive leadership team.

The projects are increasingly unattainable, due to over-commitment to customers and deadlines that are mandated by conference dates rather than being thoughtfully planned and project managed.

Although some managers offer flexible schedules, the hours frequently involve multiple weekends during the month to support require releases.

The company offers a Stock Purchase program, but the stock price has tanked, leaving employees under water with their stock holdings.
Pros
Flexible schedules, supports community
Cons
Frequent reorgs, too much Senior Leadership, outsourcing jobs
Average Finance Company
Service 360 Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 9, 2016
It's pretty much your typical finance company. Fun culture, fairly large company. Not many opportunities for advancement.
LPL is a great company who values their employees
Fixed Income Trading Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 6, 2016
I love working for LPL, as it has grown so much over the last few years. We recently moved into a new building that is state-of-the-art with a cafeteria, gym, game room, basketball court, etc. From my experience management has been excellent and I have no complaints.
Awesome
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 15, 2016
I loved my time here, never felt so valued somewhere, people are so polite and professional, we're a team who actually work well together to take of our clients. Learned so much interesting information, never a boring day. All-round best experience I've ever had at a "work-place," would have loved to made a career here.
Talented people, good benefits
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 5, 2016
Upper management keeps changing direction and keeping the workforce in half dysfunctional state. There are many technologies used so it's good if you want to get exposure to everything under the sun. Most of those technologies are underutilized.

Work/Life balance can be erratic but it improved a little bit. Sometimes you may get killed with a load of work and other times they will go into a "freeze" mode and not let you do anything useful.
Pros
Pay and benefits, exposure to many technologies, good people
Cons
Frequent illogical change of direction in technology and strategy, frequent company restructuring
Great Working Environment
Executive Administrative Assistant to EVP (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2015
LPL Financial is on the cutting edge of technology for financial planners; thereby, soliciting our ideas and fostering an up-beat, creative place to work. We are treated like adults and are expected to act as such. C-Level management truly listens to positive ideas; its refreshing.
Pros
Added amenities: Gym on site, Starbucks, Cafe, Medical Clinic, competitive salaries, great benefits
Excellent place to work
IT support tier I and II (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJanuary 30, 2016
Under contract, would've loved to have been offered a permanent position. The company provide a range of facilities for employee care, their dress code is casual and their management very understanding to employees personal needs.
Pros
Excellent work environment and co workers
Cons
Contract Job
Management Turnover is hign
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 23, 2016
Overall this is a good company that is suffering from too much turnover in leadership. Many departments lack major processes and procedures and seasoned management who can lead and guide the teams though rapid change. CEO is good and will see the company through to the next level as long as he can hold together a solid team of executives who can assist him in taking the company to the next level.
Pros
State of the art buildings. Great work space.
Cons
Subject Matter Experts are in short supply.

Want to know more about LPL Financial?

Ask a question
Think Hard Before Working There
VP (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 26, 2016
Company is in constant state of change -- change for change not change for improvement. Company doesn't walk the talk to their employees beneath the EVP or at least SVP level or to most of their advisors. Read up on the stock buy-back program and read between the lines. Look at who has left the company and where they went or are going.
Pros
There are good effective/productive people there who still believe in what the company WAS.
Cons
The executive management no longer appear principled or ethical.
Good place to work 24 hour gym, cafeteria, good health benefits
Employer Plan Services Consultant/Peer Coach (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Good place to work 24 hour gym,there is a cafeteria on site. the people at LPL are really nice. make lots of good friends. very good health benefits. i like the people who work at the gym they are very nice. it is nice to have a 24 hour gym. to work out all the time.
Pros
24 hour gym
cons
Lack of Advancement without a Series 7
Service Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte NCOctober 3, 2015
Overall LPL is a great place to work, however for someone who has challenges of being able to handle several task at once may pose a challenge. The benefits are standard as to what you should expect with any company i.e. vision dental and medical. The perks of working for a company that deals with the stock market is when the market is closed you are off from work hence the additional days off within a year. The drive for me was challenging since it takes me 45 minutes one way to work, however for someone who lives on the south side of Charlotte this could be a advantage point. The company is slowly transitioning to being a call center for thoose who had worked in that environment.
Pros
Excellent Pay
Cons
401K options, Overwork its Employees
Unreliable
Branch Examiner (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAMarch 31, 2016
Not very much help from management. As a remote employee it was hard to get answers. All of the scheduling and exams fell on to you.
LPL Financial is a professional institution that gives their clients may different products to choose from in the investment arena.
Jr. Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  New YorkApril 27, 2016
I have learned a lot at LPL Financial. LPL is a superior Wall Street force that offers their clients a lot of choices, excellent representatives in the industry to service them and decent commissions with which to work with. Overall, LPL Financial is one of the brighter firms on the street.
A good place to work
Vice President, Governance, Risk & Compliance (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2016
I worked at LPL at two different points in my career. I only left for greater opportunities. I enjoyed working at LPL. The people are great and the company has come a long way to making it a very fulfilling environment for its employees.
Thoughts from an Integration Manager
Onboarding Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 16, 2016
LPL was a serviceable company. They seem to take their cues from competitors in the space rather than innovate. The culture was good and my coworkers were always the highlight of my day. Management was focused on bottom lines which is understandable considering they are publicly traded but it was a little disappointing nonetheless.
Vice President (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 30, 2016
Good place to work and serious efforts to improve the employee experience but it is a grind. Pay is okay but limited advancement opportunities.
Hardworking and Challenging Environment w/ Good People
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2016
Challenging environment due to technology debt but a lot of good people working together to solve these problems. A company going through growing pains. If you have patience then you can wait for the fruits of the labor.
Pros
Lunch on site, great facilities
Casual work environment
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, ILMay 21, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of managing clients portfolios whether it be calculating required minimum distributions or building her client database. While working for LPL Financial I learned how to calculate RMDs, communication skills, and organizational skills. The office only consisted of my boss and I.