LPL Financial Employee Reviews in United States

LPL Financial is a professional institution that gives their clients may different products to choose from in the investment arena.
Jr. Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  New YorkApril 27, 2016
I have learned a lot at LPL Financial. LPL is a superior Wall Street force that offers their clients a lot of choices, excellent representatives in the industry to service them and decent commissions with which to work with. Overall, LPL Financial is one of the brighter firms on the street.
Wealth Manager
Senior Vice President Investments, Wealth Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 27, 2016
Independently employed clearing through LPL. Financial advisor and Wealth Manager handling clients retirement assets and daily investments.
Lpl
Employee (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 26, 2016
Worker beware. Leadership is questionable and no job security. Always making changes and difficult to understand the direction of the firm.
Department roulette.
CASH MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  CHARLOTTE, NCApril 25, 2016
Good company depending on what Department you land in. GRC Department, great one to be, Operations, not so much. Changes from heaven to earth quick.
Productive, fast paced friendly environment
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 18, 2016
We are pretty much always short staffed so its always very busy. I've had the opportunity to learn several tasks in Registration and become cross trained. I have been at LPL for over 10 years and I love the company but there is not much room for growth with the hiring freeze and recent layoffs.
Decent place to work to expand your skills; however, job security for manager level and higher seems to be scarce at best.
Supervisory Principal (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 15, 2016
Solid Company
Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 13, 2016
worked there almost 10 years. enjoyed it. Management is flexible and work/life balance is pretty good for the financial field.
Pros
ability to work from home
Hardworking and Challenging Environment w/ Good People
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2016
Challenging environment due to technology debt but a lot of good people working together to solve these problems. A company going through growing pains. If you have patience then you can wait for the fruits of the labor.
Pros
Lunch on site, great facilities
Unreliable
Branch Examiner (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAMarch 31, 2016
Not very much help from management. As a remote employee it was hard to get answers. All of the scheduling and exams fell on to you.
Productive workplace
Financial Planning Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAMarch 25, 2016
My manager is awesome. I learned a lot of new things since I started working here. Every day, my first must- to-do job is to check voice mail, check daily trade confirmations, and check daily Hot list tasks report.
My coworkers are very responsible.We always try to finish the tasks on time and never left the unfinished works to others.
Was a good place to work and had a lot of good people there.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2016
Was always plenty of training provided to improve your career and grow yourself with the firm. Management was easy to work with and always tried to create an engaging environment.
Awesome
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 15, 2016
I loved my time here, never felt so valued somewhere, people are so polite and professional, we're a team who actually work well together to take of our clients. Learned so much interesting information, never a boring day. All-round best experience I've ever had at a "work-place," would have loved to made a career here.
LPL is a great company who values their employees
Fixed Income Trading Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 6, 2016
I love working for LPL, as it has grown so much over the last few years. We recently moved into a new building that is state-of-the-art with a cafeteria, gym, game room, basketball court, etc. From my experience management has been excellent and I have no complaints.
Constant change / jobs outsourced
Associate Vice President, Application Development (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 29, 2016
LPL Financial is in constant change, with reorganizations occurring before the company can recover from the last reorg. There has been a large effort to outsource jobs to external companies, eliminating the positions in IT and operations. The company eliminates individual contributor positions through attrition, but still manages to grow the executive leadership team.

The projects are increasingly unattainable, due to over-commitment to customers and deadlines that are mandated by conference dates rather than being thoughtfully planned and project managed.

Although some managers offer flexible schedules, the hours frequently involve multiple weekends during the month to support require releases.

The company offers a Stock Purchase program, but the stock price has tanked, leaving employees under water with their stock holdings.
Pros
Flexible schedules, supports community
Cons
Frequent reorgs, too much Senior Leadership, outsourcing jobs
Professional and dedicated team at LPL.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Love LPL!
It's a great place to work.
Very inovative and rewarding enviroment.
Employee Engagement and Rewards are a plus.
Pros
Great new tower in La Jolla to work in.
Cons
Non I can think of.
Responsible for servicing clients needs
A financial advisor (Current Employee) –  Benbrook, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Responsible for providing investment ideas, building customized solutions and client relations. Assist clients with ways to reduce tax liabilities and the use of life insurance to cover unexpected expenses.
Excellent place to work
IT support tier I and II (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJanuary 30, 2016
Under contract, would've loved to have been offered a permanent position. The company provide a range of facilities for employee care, their dress code is casual and their management very understanding to employees personal needs.
Pros
Excellent work environment and co workers
Cons
Contract Job
Vice President (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 30, 2016
Good place to work and serious efforts to improve the employee experience but it is a grind. Pay is okay but limited advancement opportunities.
Good start from college graduates
Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 23, 2016
LPL Financial LLC is a good start for entry-level candidates who are looking to gain some experience in financial industry. I would recommend it for college graduates.
Good place to work 24 hour gym, cafeteria, good health benefits
Employer Plan Services Consultant/Peer Coach (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Good place to work 24 hour gym,there is a cafeteria on site. the people at LPL are really nice. make lots of good friends. very good health benefits. i like the people who work at the gym they are very nice. it is nice to have a 24 hour gym. to work out all the time.
Pros
24 hour gym
cons