LPL Financial

LPL Financial United States Employee Reviews

meh. It was a job.
Information Technology (Former Employee), San DiegoApril 15, 2015
Pros: nice buildings/facilities, 25 cent sodas (really scraping for pros here).
Cons: See below.
Pros
New 13-story building with lots of amenities; adjustable ergonomic desks, cafeteria serving good, healthy options, onsite gym and clinic, game room, Starbucks. Excellent work environment, flexible schedules (easy to take a long lunch, or come in late if you need to run an errand), good benefits, work/life balance. Smart, friendly, hard working people there, lots of great talent. Decent technology, could be better, but it's good enough. Good, central location.

Cons
Very political and cut-throat, the textbook definition of a good ol' boys club. Rampant outsourcing throughout the company to increase the bottom line, beholden to their shareholders and not the employees. They don't care about you; they just care how much money you can make them, and will stab you in the back to further their own careers.

Very poor communication throughout the company (lots of silos). The company is very reactionary, and seemed to always be in fire-fighting mode, and doesn't manage its expenses very well.

Pay was good at first, but meager merit increases (usually .40 to .60 per year), meant you fell behind market-rate relatively quickly. "Year-end" bonus isn't actually paid until mid-to-late March.

The company is insanely top-heavy; there are tons of AVPs and VPs doing the job of a manager or a business analyst, and yet are not managing people (nor do they have management skills.) It almost seemed like half of the company was people who had AVP/VP/SVP/EVP as their title.

People are considered expendable; half of the software engineers and PMs were contractors that were kept for a year or longer, then suddenly let go at a moments notice when management decided they weren't needed anymore (lots of churn and burn.) Then later that year, management outsourced most of the IT Department, including the Help Desk, Desktop Support, Networking, and other infrastructure groups.

There is so much more than the above, and this is only scratching the surface.
Great work-life balance
Alternative Investments Services Representative (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 13, 2015
Great place to work as a single father. LPL management has always been understanding regarding the balance of work and raising a child. Eco friendly work environment and great people to work with is probably the most enjoyable. I love the new gym and the SMART Fitness program!
Call Center
Associate Service Consultant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 1, 2015
I have a great manager and I enjoy my teammates. My current role is in the Service 360, the compensation is great for a call center role.
Good work environment
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), La Jolla, CAMarch 17, 2015
The work environment was great with putting greens and basketball court. Often had free food

The growth opportunities was limited.
A great company with many career development opportunities abound
Senior Analyst, Centralized Consulting Group (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 14, 2015
Pros: great job/work life balance
LPL Financial is a great company to work for. There is a very close knit and relaxed culture that inspires loyalty, dedication and strong work ethic among its employees.
The management staff was helpful
LPL Financial Adviser (Current Employee), Lexington, SCMarch 9, 2015
Pros: family atmosphere
Cons: difficulty building community presence.
In working for Bartlett I found that they were best suited for the two person father and son business. They had good relations with the community and the community liked doing business with them. It was difficult sometimes since the community knew Bartlett as being the father and son only.
Productive and enjoyable work enviroment
Account Transfer Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2015
I'm working w/my team to complete our daily tasks and meet deadlines for our 3rd party advisor's. Excited to take on a new challenge w/in your organization and continue to grow as a business professional.
Fun environment
Tech. Support Help Desk (Former Employee), Charlotte,NCFebruary 26, 2015
Loved working here. Wish I could go back. Was a great experience to have be a part of, from helping the advisors to getting help from wonderful managers. GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Operations
Operations and Service Manager (Current Employee), Campbell, CAFebruary 24, 2015
I do everything from processing client requests to making sure that accounts are set up and compliant. The day revolves around work flow of the branch and what client needs need to be managed.
Vice President (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 23, 2015
Leader of the Ameriprise employee financial advisor platform in Colorado; responsibilities included: sales growth – sales force growth – performance management – sales skills training – product training – financial planning training – marketing training – compliance training – practice management training – leadership training – manager & advisor selection and development – RiverSource product wholesaling – wholesaler management – FINRA compliance – office operations – recruiting (sourcing and selection) – staff management.
I loved working here!
Sr. Billing Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 24, 2015
The best job I've had thus far. The culture is wonderful. The benefits are great. I learned a lot.
LPL Financial
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Responsible for translating high level corporate direction into specific vision for projects and individual tools. Performed proof of concept testing, designed, implemented, administered and supported entire tools including monitoring suites and self-provisioning private cloud. Created initial standards and proceedures for in-place and newly deployed suites and tools. Lead training and created internal information loop with internal departments to improve new and in-place tools.
• Architected, test, deployed, administered and support the SolarWinds suite, including Network Performance Manager, Server and Application Monitor, Network Configuration Manager, Virtualization Manager, User Device tracker, NetFlow Traffic Analyzer, IP Address Manager and Web Performance Monitor.
• Architected, tested and deployed self-provisioning private cloud using the vCloud suite including vCloud Automation Center, vCenter orchestrator, vCloud Director, vCloud Network and Security and vCenter Operations Manager-
• Architected, tested, deployed, administered and supported the Microsoft System Center suite, including Operations Manager, Configuration Manager and Orchestrator.
• Deployed HP Business Availability Center suite including Site Scope, uCMDB, Business Process Manager, Network Node Manager, Operations Manager and Real User Manager.
• Integrated HP monitoring application suite with Operations Manager as a central event message browser
• Monitoring team lead identifying project priority and mentoring junior team members
Decent Corporation
Senior BTS/Production Services Engineer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 16, 2015
Day to Day Engineering and escalations
Learned about some different technologies that I didn't experience prior
Co-Workers were mostly remote
Hardest part of the job was working late
Most enjoyable part of the job was the training I gave
Nice place to work
Document Imaging Technician (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: location was good
Cons: so far from home
Good environment.decient benefits just to far from place of reciedence.
Depends on your branch
Independent Financial Advisor/ Assistant (Former Employee), Naugatuck, CTDecember 20, 2014
Your experience will be largely dependent on which branch you work in. Highly variable experience from one office to the next.
Work culture is crazy
Client Services Representative (Current Employee), Annandale, VaDecember 17, 2014
I work for someone who has standards that no can possibly ever meet.
Leading Independent Broker Dealer in the U.S.
Service360 Associate Service Consultant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 8, 2014
Pros: great salary to start, ample training
Cons: management tends to micro manage
Great starting salary, learned quite a lot about account services and financial advisor interaction. Management is heavy, hardest part of job is the constant micro-management that tends to happen when short staffed.
job summary
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 4, 2014
Reviewed all mortgage documents to ensure they were in compliance with escrow requirements, laws, and/
or lending policies.
 Processed letters to customers as a means of communication information in regards to their loan
 Generated information to customers and insurance companies informing of mortgage information and
payment plan.
 Allocated loan payments by correctly applying funds to principal and interest
 Entered data into a computer system provided by the loan officer regarding the approval or denial of a
mortgage application.
 Responded to calls from brokers and closing agents by providing accurate information in regards to mortgage
application.
 Reviewed monthly reports provided by the bank insuring loan information was correct
Independence and flexibility were very helpful
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Springfield, MONovember 22, 2014
Pros: independence, flexibility
Cons: self insured
My daily routine was to wake up extra early to see how the pre-market was trending, then I would check my e-mails, and then from there I would check to see if there were any account alerts that needed immediate attention. After that, I would make previously scheduled phone calls to set up appointments and meetings with prospective clients.
What I learned at LPL was a completely new technology in the investment business.
As far as management is concerned, I was my own manager.
Co-workers were awesome and our support staff was awesome.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the feeling I get when I hear the word "Yes".
Great place to work!
Administrative Assistant to SVP (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 15, 2014
Pros: employees
Cons: hours
Take on a lot of responsibilities. Manage multiple calendars. File and compose reports and meeting minutes.

1 2 3 4 5