LPL Financial Employee Reviews

Focus on outsourcing and offshoring
Operations Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2016
During the last 4 years I worked there, the company was focused on outsourcing and offshoring. Every 6 months or so, we were threatened with losing our jobs. The managers didn't know what they were doing and we had a new one every year or so. There was no chance of advancement and we were basically lucky just to keep our jobs and not get outsourced. On the bright side, the benefits were good.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
constant staffing cuts and outsourcing, no advancement or raises
Great enviorment to learn about the financial service industry
Administrative Associate & Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CASeptember 15, 2016
I worked for an independent adviser that moves from a large national bank to LPL Financial.I learned what it takes to managed and run a boutique investments shops. Typical day is services clients needs. (EX: setting up distributions, contributions, accounts openings, RMD requests, etc.) I learned how to evaluate clients needs and find suitable investments that match their person and financial goals. The management was in a form of business mentor-ship. The most difficult part of the job was discover new avenues for products and marketing. The most enjoyable part of the job is witnessing a financial plan implementation change the financial security of our clients.
Management Turnover is hign
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 23, 2016
Overall this is a good company that is suffering from too much turnover in leadership. Many departments lack major processes and procedures and seasoned management who can lead and guide the teams though rapid change. CEO is good and will see the company through to the next level as long as he can hold together a solid team of executives who can assist him in taking the company to the next level.
Pros
State of the art buildings. Great work space.
Cons
Subject Matter Experts are in short supply.
Fun place to work great management
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 31, 2016
Worked at this company for 7 years and was laid off in 2015 they outsourced jobs to India. I enjoyed my time there and I do miss it but they are not stable at this time they are still laying off and they are moving to Ft Mill SC this year to a new building
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not stable have a high turn over rate always laying off
Think Hard Before Working There
VP (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 26, 2016
Company is in constant state of change -- change for change not change for improvement. Company doesn't walk the talk to their employees beneath the EVP or at least SVP level or to most of their advisors. Read up on the stock buy-back program and read between the lines. Look at who has left the company and where they went or are going.
Pros
There are good effective/productive people there who still believe in what the company WAS.
Cons
The executive management no longer appear principled or ethical.
Talented people, good benefits
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 5, 2016
Upper management keeps changing direction and keeping the workforce in half dysfunctional state. There are many technologies used so it's good if you want to get exposure to everything under the sun. Most of those technologies are underutilized.

Work/Life balance can be erratic but it improved a little bit. Sometimes you may get killed with a load of work and other times they will go into a "freeze" mode and not let you do anything useful.
Pros
Pay and benefits, exposure to many technologies, good people
Cons
Frequent illogical change of direction in technology and strategy, frequent company restructuring
Atmosphere is enjoyable and conducive to productivity.
Registered Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 12, 2016
Office is full of competent advisors who are knowledgable and easy to get along with. The most frustrating part of the job is the paperwork, and the most enjoyable part of the job is helping people secure their financial future.
Thoughts from an Integration Manager
Onboarding Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 16, 2016
LPL was a serviceable company. They seem to take their cues from competitors in the space rather than innovate. The culture was good and my coworkers were always the highlight of my day. Management was focused on bottom lines which is understandable considering they are publicly traded but it was a little disappointing nonetheless.
LPL Financial is a professional institution that gives their clients may different products to choose from in the investment arena.
Jr. Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  New YorkApril 27, 2016
I have learned a lot at LPL Financial. LPL is a superior Wall Street force that offers their clients a lot of choices, excellent representatives in the industry to service them and decent commissions with which to work with. Overall, LPL Financial is one of the brighter firms on the street.
Casual work environment
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, ILMay 21, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of managing clients portfolios whether it be calculating required minimum distributions or building her client database. While working for LPL Financial I learned how to calculate RMDs, communication skills, and organizational skills. The office only consisted of my boss and I.
Unprincipled Leadership
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 19, 2016
Highly corrupt leadership. Those leaders who were fired, laid off or terminated from other companies seek refuge here. Corruption stinks high in this company. Needs a thorough overhaul. Unethical leadership.
Pros
You will get a Job provided you know someone inside
Cons
Corrupt Leadership
Decent Place
Senior Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 11, 2016
Decent place to get initial industry experience. Then move on.
Culture has become to corporate with too few opportunities for promotion. Those promoted are in the in more due to who they know than core competence.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Excellent work environment and leadership
SENIOR RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 2, 2016
LPL Financial is a great place to work for a self-starter with a passion for customer service. The company is consistently growing and providing great benefits and opportunity for engagement to employees.
hard working place
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 22, 2016
very stressful
no backup
confusing policies
very diverse
health options as gym and other sport activities, if time would be no issue.
generous benefits
department competition.
high manpower turnover
offshoring not very helpful
Productive, fast paced friendly environment
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 18, 2016
We are pretty much always short staffed so its always very busy. I've had the opportunity to learn several tasks in Registration and become cross trained. I have been at LPL for over 10 years and I love the company but there is not much room for growth with the hiring freeze and recent layoffs.
LPL Financial
Senior Developer - Productivity Solutions (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 19, 2016
LPL provides opportunities for it's developers to learn and update their skills.

They provide 16 hours of Volunteer time off for each employee and have a committee of 10-12 employees that, on their own time, organize events with LPL's charity partners.
Productive workplace
Financial Planning Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAMarch 25, 2016
My manager is awesome. I learned a lot of new things since I started working here. Every day, my first must- to-do job is to check voice mail, check daily trade confirmations, and check daily Hot list tasks report.
My coworkers are very responsible.We always try to finish the tasks on time and never left the unfinished works to others.
Building is great, friendly co-workers, stressful at times
Service 360 Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 10, 2016
Great building and location. Friendly co-workers. Position and department can be stressful during busy seasons. Good position to learn ins and outs of operations.
Independent financial planning firm with upside potential
Branch Manager/Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 17, 2016
Worked at LPL for 6 years running my own practice the culture at LPL was fantastic and they were always there to help if needed. I would highly recommend them to an aspiring successful broker
Moving Jobs to CLT
Vice President (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 24, 2016
There is a push to remove jobs in San Diego and relocate them to North Carolina for cost savings and tax benefits. Many good people to work with in San Diego
Pros
nice building, good people
Cons
cost saving culture