LPL Financial

LPL Financial Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Work place.
Money Desk Reciepts. (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 3, 2015
I was hired as a temp, unfortunately my contract did not get extended. I enjoyed the hours I worked as well as the atmosphere at the place.
Amazing coworkers and other staff
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJuly 2, 2015
A typical day for me at this job was mostly alphabetizing and organizing client files and purging client files that were no longer active.
Life of an Ops Analyst
Operations Analyst - Advisor On-Boarding (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJune 14, 2015
Pros:
-Family-type culture
-Lower and middle managers are excellent coaches and leaders. They want every individual to be successful.

Cons:
-Work can be redundant and boring at times
-Corporate executives tend to ignore issues that managers bring up.
Financial Services Broker Dealer that provides oversight and management of Financial Advisor brokerage and direct trades and services.
Vice President (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 5, 2015
Pros: Compensation and benefits
Cons: focused more on internal rather than external customer service and support.
LPL is a leader in independent and bank channel financial services. The leadership is average sometimes focused on what is best for them and not the clients. Good compensation and benefits, poor working environment, fair to good values--talks the talk but not the walk.
I love the company.
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee), CharlotteJune 2, 2015
I answered incoming calls from patients that needed government assistance. I love to help people so having that feeling of helping someone everyday was awesome.
Team atmosphere with fun and interesting people
Dedicate Service 360 Consultant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 1, 2015
Pros: cheap sodas
Cons: short breaks/lunches
Each day had different challenges and opportunities to grow. I have learned how to look outside the box to provide the best customer experience for each individual.
Engagement is through the roof
Lead Client Service Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2015
Very engaging environment where the CEO listens and shows he cares by implementing change. Typical call center environment however taking a more structured approach regarding metrics.
Great people, great place
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 22, 2015
• Provide general Administrative support to financial AML, Fraud and Security team, VPs.
• Processing FIU various daily reports.
• Coordinate FIU staff metrics delivery.
• Coordinate trainings (AML training for new employees/annual; Fraud and Security Training/annual).
• Handle all day-to-day responsibilities for supporting SVP - Chief Security/Privacy Officer | Governance Risk & Compliance.
Only about 5 people knew how to do things, the rest just sat around.
Project Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 16, 2015
Pros: One good Program Manager
Cons: Confusion and unpleasant people who just sat in their office.
I can't believe that this company hasn't had trouble with the stock exchange. The interfaces are full of mistakes. No senior management, so no one understands the whole system.

The people I worked with were unpleasant and did not want to help you. The rest of the people were from India and were actually quite helpful. But most of them left anyway.
LPL FInancial
Exchange Migration Engineer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 8, 2015
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Great environment to work in, but due to this job being contracted out, security and stability is none existent.
LPL Financial
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Itasca, ILMay 7, 2015
Pros: Flexible and learned a lot
Cons: Only worked with one person
I enjoyed coming to work every day to learn something new. I only worked with my employer, but we worked as a team and determined to get a full day of work in, to feel good about leaving at the end of the day. I learned how to communicate with clients in a clear manner and to explain their investment portfolios while feeling confident.
meh. It was a job.
Information Technology (Former Employee), San DiegoApril 15, 2015
Pros: nice buildings/facilities, 25 cent sodas (really scraping for pros here).
Cons: See below.
Pros
New 13-story building with lots of amenities; adjustable ergonomic desks, cafeteria serving good, healthy options, onsite gym and clinic, game room, Starbucks. Excellent work environment, flexible schedules (easy to take a long lunch, or come in late if you need to run an errand), good benefits, work/life balance. Smart, friendly, hard working people there, lots of great talent. Decent technology, could be better, but it's good enough. Good, central location.

Cons
Very political and cut-throat, the textbook definition of a good ol' boys club. Rampant outsourcing throughout the company to increase the bottom line, beholden to their shareholders and not the employees. They don't care about you; they just care how much money you can make them, and will stab you in the back to further their own careers.

Very poor communication throughout the company (lots of silos). The company is very reactionary, and seemed to always be in fire-fighting mode, and doesn't manage its expenses very well.

Pay was good at first, but meager merit increases (usually .40 to .60 per year), meant you fell behind market-rate relatively quickly. "Year-end" bonus isn't actually paid until mid-to-late March.

The company is insanely top-heavy; there are tons of AVPs and VPs doing the job of a manager or a business analyst, and yet are not managing people (nor do they have management skills.) It almost seemed like half of the company was people who had AVP/VP/SVP/EVP as their title.

People are considered expendable; half of the software engineers and PMs were contractors that were kept for a year or longer, then suddenly let go at a moments notice when management decided they weren't needed anymore (lots of churn and burn.) Then later that year, management outsourced most of the IT Department, including the Help Desk, Desktop Support, Networking, and other infrastructure groups.

There is so much more than the above, and this is only scratching the surface.
Great work-life balance
Alternative Investments Services Representative (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 13, 2015
Great place to work as a single father. LPL management has always been understanding regarding the balance of work and raising a child. Eco friendly work environment and great people to work with is probably the most enjoyable. I love the new gym and the SMART Fitness program!
Call Center
Associate Service Consultant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 1, 2015
I have a great manager and I enjoy my teammates. My current role is in the Service 360, the compensation is great for a call center role.
Good work environment
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), La Jolla, CAMarch 17, 2015
The work environment was great with putting greens and basketball court. Often had free food

The growth opportunities was limited.
A great company with many career development opportunities abound
Senior Analyst, Centralized Consulting Group (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 14, 2015
Pros: great job/work life balance
LPL Financial is a great company to work for. There is a very close knit and relaxed culture that inspires loyalty, dedication and strong work ethic among its employees.
The management staff was helpful
LPL Financial Adviser (Current Employee), Lexington, SCMarch 9, 2015
Pros: family atmosphere
Cons: difficulty building community presence.
In working for Bartlett I found that they were best suited for the two person father and son business. They had good relations with the community and the community liked doing business with them. It was difficult sometimes since the community knew Bartlett as being the father and son only.
Productive and enjoyable work enviroment
Account Transfer Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2015
I'm working w/my team to complete our daily tasks and meet deadlines for our 3rd party advisor's. Excited to take on a new challenge w/in your organization and continue to grow as a business professional.
Fun environment
Tech. Support Help Desk (Former Employee), Charlotte,NCFebruary 26, 2015
Loved working here. Wish I could go back. Was a great experience to have be a part of, from helping the advisors to getting help from wonderful managers. GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Operations
Operations and Service Manager (Current Employee), Campbell, CAFebruary 24, 2015
I do everything from processing client requests to making sure that accounts are set up and compliant. The day revolves around work flow of the branch and what client needs need to be managed.

1 2 3 4 5