LPL Financial Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Love LPL- Great place to work
Registered Rep, Admin Associate (Former Employee) –  Lisle and Oak Brook Terrace ILSeptember 20, 2017
I wish I didn't have to leave LPL Financial. Circumstances were beyond my control, when a partner retired and merged with another family owned practice in which I was not family. This left me looking for new employment.
Pros
great work life balance and products
Cons
insurance benefits were lacking
this company has alot of free benefits for their employees
Marketing Regulatory Review (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 18, 2017
This company has allot of free benefits for their employees such as game room, gym, walking trails,coffee/soda room on every floor, health clinic, and free parking. Just wouldn't recommend working in the Marketing department at this firm because of the management team at the VP and AVP level. This management team is not supportive of older employees. They have allowed too many people to work remote which is why their training program is not the best.
Pros
Great benefts for employees and beautiful campus
Cons
Marketing department management and its training program
growth
Investment Advisor, - Sibir Investment Advisors (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 10, 2017
Company has grown much too quick and they are just filling seats with untrained individuals. Get different answers depending on the individual who answers the phone.
Pros
Cons
untrained service teams
Can be stressful but an overall great environment
Legal Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 10, 2017
Understanding the business in general is a plus since LPL Financial is very different from other financial services companies even within the industry. Corporate office with casual dress code which is a plus--just dress up when the occasion calls for it. Management can differ from team to team and within departments but overall great management culture if you're dedicated to making your team work efficiently.
Productive place
Project Specialist/Database Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 6, 2017
Great location and new building
Management was relax. Work Life balance is fairly balanced. Compensation is fair.
Great cafeteria on the premise.

Great experience
Treated unfairly
Service Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 5, 2017
The only thing that I can say about LPL financial that I do not like is that they treat Temp employees very poorly. They even decided its a great Idea to have a separate parking lot for temp employees to park as if that matters. it should be first come first serve if we are both doing the same job no one should be treated differently. Temp doesn't mean that you are less than human. They will only rn the shuttle from 9 to 6 so if you are a temp then they are basically saying if your schedule doesn't fit then oh well looks like you have to take that half a mile walk. Very unfair says a lot about the company
Great place to work, poor senior management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 5, 2017
Overall LPL is a great place to work. My specific department has poor senior management at the moment which makes wanting to work very difficult. Culture does start at the top.
Good
Big Data Developer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2017
Has a really good work environment that excels in every aspect and location is an added bonus as its located in one of the most developed cities in USA.
n/a
Anything (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2017
Hard work, skill set, and drive does not matter at LPL. There is too much politics and favoritism at LPL. If you are a go getter, you better try to get it somewhere else.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Management and Career Development
Exciting
Exchange Migration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 29, 2017
Depending on the number of migrations scheduled for the day, it was relaxed to hurried
Attention to detail was imperative
Hardest part was working with other Engineers for the migration that wasn't as skilled
Benefits
Cons
Sometimes having to do more work to make up for others
Worked there for many years. loved the amenities in the San Diego office
SUPERVISOR, TRANSFER ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 23, 2017
LPL does try to take care of the employees and tries to keep them engaged. It has gone through changes over the years but there are many departments to explore. They provide health classes and a gym which can be a benefit if you are looking for that. The personnel in my department and immediate management where second to none. Great people
Pros
excellent benefits and health conscience atmosphere
Cons
communications between departments can be burdensome.
I do not have a response.
Sr. Business Analyst/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 18, 2017
I do not have a response. I do not have a response at this time. please allow me to continue with this profile process. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Pros
I do not have a response.
Cons
I do not have a response.
Good but temporary
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 3, 2017
LPL is a great place if you have a large book of business to bring over. It is very challenging to start your career as an advisor there unless you pair up with a group or a successful senior advisor who is going to retire. I decided to leave this company in pursue of a better opportunity. At the time this was a great opportunity. It gave me experience as a Financial Advisor which added valuable experience to my career experience.
Productive and Fun work Environment
Business Technology Project Coordinator Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92121July 30, 2017
In my position, I was able to meet so many people from interns to executives. Each person I met and have worked with have been helpful and welcoming to work with.
Pros
Work Flexibility
Cons
Cool people and they really tried to make it fun
OPERATIONS SPECIALIST, Margins (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2017
Workplace has a personal gym, a game room with a ping pong table and an xbox that I've never seen anyone play and quite a few outside games too. They have an on site nurse who can write you prescriptions if needed and coffee machines on every floor. They have a private coffee shop and a cafeteria with pretty good food on the ground floor. They work you to the bone but they try to make it worth it.
Good support Technology sucks
Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 26, 2017
Your team really wants to help you out, but there technology platforms, yes multiple ones and very old. The problem is known of them work together so your bouncing through different screens. Also you reference center is horrible and hard to find things. Marketing is a joke unless you stuck in the 90's
Pros
team support
Cons
Technology
one of the best companies I've worked for
Supervisory Principal/Designated Principal (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2017
work to help you maintain work/life balance, if you are in the corporate office they have a fitness center, on site clinic, healthy café options - great manangement team
Great Organization
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 15, 2017
A day at LPL was is always an leaning experience. The job was very fast paces, but provided great training to keep up with the environment.I love the fact that management was always willing to help.
Great independance
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Grove, OKJuly 11, 2017
Great for growing your business. Very open investment platform. Great tools if you need them. Manage and grow your business the way you want. Great to work for.
Great people to work with
Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  LaSalle, ILJuly 11, 2017
The Administrative Assistant - Receptionist is responsible for assisting with the daily operations of the office including answering a multi-line telephone system, directing callers to appropriate individuals, and greeting visitors while alerting the appropriate party of the visitor arrival. Performs a variety of basic and some advanced administrative support functions. Schedules appointments and give information to callers. Compose and generate reports, handles multiple projects, creates portfolios, current and annual allocation reports, as well as asset and valuations reviews. Management is top notch, provides lunch for employees each day. The most enjoyable part of this job is the people I work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LPL Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval