LSC Communications Employee Reviews

Material Handler 1 (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg VaOctober 15, 2017
I absolutely love working at LSC Communications and hopefully I can get transferred to the other plant that's closer to me. Driving all that time and working that long is really hard on you.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Lomg hours
nice place to work
Assistant Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 15, 2017
nice place to work I wish they would have hired me permanently my experience there was great I would work there again it was a face pace job I learned alot
Stressful but Money always to be made if want or need
Bindery Operator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 12, 2017
No time for life outside of work but definitely able to provide family with all that they need and with what they want as well. Overtime hours can be volunteered or forced but working 12 days straight not always easy
LSC Communications
FULFILLMENT LEAD (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 11, 2017
LSC is a good stepping stone and has multiple shifts available and shift differentials for the folks that work the second or third shift positions. There is a laid back atmosphere as well.
Great management team
Biller 2 (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYOctober 10, 2017
I loved my boss and my co-workers here. Everyone was really close-knit an got along and there wasn't a lot of drama, which I loved. My schedule was flexible as long as I got in my 40 hours. The hardest part of my job was that (for me) it was not challenging enough. I didn't feel like I was given enough work to keep me busy or challenge me regularly.
Pros
Great managers and co-workers, fun environment, compensation
Cons
Not challenging, slow-paced
Stagnet
Hoist 2 operator (certified) (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INOctober 9, 2017
Great place to work if you do not want to grow. It becomes very routine and sometimes can be boring. It appears that no one is every promoted or pay increase after the initial one. A lot of older people that work there that think they run the place. If they do not like you they will try to get you fired.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Nothing to look forward too
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 3, 2017
Typical day would be put a ways for cart simple instructions do the put a ways then if there's orders to be picked pick them the only hard part was keeping up your rate which in the end I found new ways to make my rate the most enjoyable part was making productivity and learning
Pros
perfect attendance bonuses
Cons
temp
Productive Atmosphere
Press Operator / IT Support (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, INOctober 2, 2017
Great place to work with long inconsistent hours depending on business needs. Room for advancement as long as you are willing to put your heart into your job. Overall great people, and supervision.
was let go
BINDERY PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNOctober 2, 2017
would still be working there if my job hadn't been eliminated. Management wasn't the best at communicating with employees. It's hard work but the people were great.
Good company and good people
INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN - TECH 4 LEAD MAN (Current Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INOctober 1, 2017
People are easy to get along with. Can get busy at certain times of the year. Company works with the employees when they have personal issues at home.

Want to know more about LSC Communications?

Ask a question
It is ok!
Hoist Operator (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, ILSeptember 30, 2017
Fast and stressful
Easy to learn about anything
a lot of Overtime
There are a lot of lazy people and down right rude people who work at LSC
Management could work on controlling lazy unproductive employees
Extremely good
Bindery Worker (Former Employee) –  Kendallville, INSeptember 24, 2017
I really loved my job it was amazing loved my coworkers the job was fantastic I love working their and alot of the people the job paid good and I would work there again if I could
Pros
Easy work and amazing people
Cons
Hours sometime
Poor management, long hours, little time off.
Quality.Assurance, General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WISeptember 21, 2017
The management and supervision team is lackluster. The hours are poor, working 12 out of 14 days every 2 weeks, 8 -12 hour shifts. The benefits are good, but I don't believe that theyre worth the stress induced from the long hours.
Pros
Good benefits and fair compensation
Cons
Long hours, poor management
unreliable working atmosphere
Roll Tender (Current Employee) –  Avon, CTSeptember 21, 2017
the company cancels your work week and hours with no notification. they are constantly laying workers off. i work 12 hours at night which makes it hard when you show up at work and they tell you to go home
Pros
have decent health plan
Cons
poorly managed
decent place to work
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INSeptember 21, 2017
8-10 hour shifts, full time work, teamwork
need to make productivity,
good location and supervision is good
break rooms available, clean working environment
Pros
2 breaks and straight 8 hour shifts
Cons
hot building and lack of water stations
My Supervisor let me do my job without interference, but was there when needed.
Shipping Agent (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INSeptember 20, 2017
I was in charge of three shrink wrap assembly lines and one individual cartoning line. Scheduled the work for each line and made sure all components were available prior to startup of each job.

I was also in charge of the manufacturing/shipping of phone books making sure the books were ready on time and delivered to the customer on the dates they required.

I kept an inventory spreadsheet for books stored in our warehouse for Penguin Random House. When customer needed certain books, I processed paperwork to get them shipped.
Pros
In charge of my own work, minimal supervision
Cons
None for me, I loved it there!
Not a good place for team work.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Crawfordsvlle, INSeptember 20, 2017
Most jobs are fast paced & standing on cement floors 8-12 hr days.
No bonus. Raises are not yearly or merit based, few & far between & then minimal. Lots of gossip & back biting among employees.
You only see managers /supervisors on the floor when they need to move you or your in trouble. There are no compliments or appreciation given. Be prepared to work over whenever needed on daily basis. You are told on Thurs if your machine is scheduled for the weekend.
Pros
breaks & 1/2 unpaid lunch
Cons
low grade benefits with high dedtuctables
Not a good place to work
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJSeptember 19, 2017
LSC Communications is not a very happy place to be in.
Supervisors are nasty and the benefits are bad.
Co-Workers are jealous of one another, to much gossiping going on and back stabbing one another, telling tales to supervisors, Large turn over because of bad place to be in, lousy pay and transfers.
LSC is a not a company it is a Dictatorship.
Pros
There are no Pros
Cons
but a lot of Cons
production
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VASeptember 14, 2017
producion making books very heavy wowrk lots pf lifting very stranious on your body lots of overtime offered mostly manidtory rotaing shift every other week
Ok place to work but less desired benefits
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 13, 2017
LSC communications overall isn't a bad place to work.
The main downfall with this company is they have a high turnover rate due to poor communication between management and associates. For the amount of work that is required by each associate they are not compensated enough with benefits or pay rate. It is required to work every other weekend but many times you are forced on your weekends off due to lack of employees throughout the company. you are worked very hard but not compensated the same for it.