LSG Employee Reviews

Good Company
Sky Chef (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 20, 2017
This is a very nice place to work. people are friendly. Good benefits, competitive salary. Good benefits. Vacation and personal time off. free food and drinks.
Fun place
Sky Chef (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILDecember 20, 2016
Always on the move great company to work for great management as well. Great benefits great staff. Dont have anything bad to say. If you get hired there you will love it.
Great
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2017
Its a fast-paced work environment that will test you. You will work hard but gain a scene of appreciation for the job. Overall great place to work.
you better of working two part jobs then working LSG..
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chicagoland Area, ILFebruary 21, 2016
Stressfull environment ,unorganized,co-workers are immature.one thing I've noticed is that they're always hiring people that's because they have a hard time keeping people here.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
unorganization and awful co-workers but not all are bad
Fun place to work but stressful
Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Holt, FLApril 6, 2016
Long manual labor hours for little pay offset by a friendly and fun work environment. Stressful in that everything breaks often and your left doing jobs with minimal tools
sometimes fun and tiresome
Sky Chef (Current Employee) –  philadelphia paSeptember 17, 2015
typical day at work is we start at 12 midnight. i learned the functions of the job and the management is OK sometimes its chaos my co workers is a lot of Africans and they don't understand what i say the hardest part of the is staying up all night until you get off at 8:30am. the most enjoyable part is when its time to get off work.
Pros
nice supervisor
Cons
they don't provide lunch every night
The type of company you would like to see succede
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2015
Greatly enjoyed my time at LSG. Management team was extremely approachable and created a fabulous culture. Whereas there were many daily pressures, the management created a constructive approach to daily operations. I wish this place only the best.
Pros
corporate culture top management fair minded approach
Cons
need to adapt to changing market
Worst company I have ever worked for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  CreweFebruary 2, 2015
I am being honest, this is an awful company to work for. They are constantly recruiting to replace people as they cant keep staff due to the way they treat people. Not the best payer in the area but lots of useless benefits to the company that they never promote. No support from management or HR when I approached them for help. Felt bullied by this company and processes. Honestly stay well clear from this company, if you do start you wont stay long. I had watched so many new starters start and then leave due to the way they felt and were treated. The head office should look more into the staff turnover, surely they know there is a problem here, or may be they are not bothered either........
Pros
Cons
A whole company of bullies!!!
L.S.G Solutions Group
Facilities Specialist (Former Employee) –  McChord AFB, WANovember 12, 2014
Maintain Clean and Healthy Barracks with Certified Counted Linen and cleaning Supplies, Resign the Barracks after taking them back, Maintained a comfortable relationship with my co workers so we all can work together and get all the projects done correctly, Count all the linen and take them to the Laundry area and make sure it gets back into the Barracks for the next sets of Soldiers.
Cons
That is Military Contracted
Challenging and fun
Driver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 2, 2012
-Perform a pre trip inspection and load up the trucks and deliver to assigned aircrafts at Philadelphia international airport.

-I learned major responsibilitys in the driving industry and how work can be really fun because of how you can make it.

-the management at lsg sky chefs really needs a little bit of work...everyone just thinks about their self and not how hard the employees work for the company.

-thanks to all my co-workers for the help an support they give me. team work is key.

-The hardest part of the job is to try to be perfect because no one is perfect.

-the most enjoyable part of the job is working in a freindly inviorment and driving trucks.
Pros
free food
Cons
management.. fleet needs work
Lsg sky chefs
FOOD PREP (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MINovember 3, 2012
Sky Chef is a easy company to work for as long as you do your job. Normally you come in, management tells you your job for the day, gives you a description of what needs to be done and you have until the end of the shift to finish. I learned that sometime you might have to work with someone that doesn't want to work but you have to work together to get the job done. The hardest part of a day at Sky Chef is when the flights change you have to change everything that goes with the flight. Sometimes that could be adding something or taking something off the flight. The most enjoyable part of a day when be when you doing your job correct and management complements you.
Pros
free lunch, breaks, vacation
Cons
working in the cold
Very fast pace and productive and fund company to work for
Personnel Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WASeptember 15, 2012
LSG is a contracting company. I enjoyed working for this company. I had learned a variety working for the govenment processing soldiers upon preparing their papers before their deployment to Iraq, Afghanistan and many places. I had learned how to process their paper works by talking to them and providing them to what they need. I enjoyed processing soldiers all through my 8 hour shift. I enjoyed working with the public and I love dealing with people. My co-workers are like my family and we all get along great and help each other as a team.
Pros
we get appreciation day with free lunches after doing a job well done processing the soldiers/units.
Cons
we can take breaks whenever we are not busy and we have our flexibility to take our breaks.
always hiring.
Sky Chef (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 16, 2015
fun place to work in. fast pace. the company is constantly hiring, so don't expect much of the company, but atleast after 6 months you are able to apply to another department hopefully, in a position that may give you a better pay.
n/a
Food Service Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYSeptember 6, 2013
n/a• Evaluated efficacy of regulated food services
• Handled improvements in food production and delivery
• Maintain Critical Control Analysis for HAACP and SOP guidelines
• Ensure food safety and NYS regulation
• Ensure excellent food delivery and food service
• Maintain a clean company vehicle
• Make good use of company equipment(laptop, computer and car
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Overall great job to have
Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, OregonJanuary 6, 2015
Working for LSG was a great experience. I was hired as a driver/helper, learning how to set up different flights with their food and beverage services. Catering flights within a certain amount of time with a team member, eventually becoming a driver with my own helper.
Pros
Very exciting job. Would do it again if afforded the oppurtunity
Cons
discrimination
it was ok
Sky Chef (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 14, 2016
Its a good job for teens that are still in high school, besides that i would look somewhere else for a new job . no no no no no no no no
Learning and improving lab. techniques. Very comfortable work environment.
Sky Chef (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 11, 2014
Starting with cell culture checks every morning. Transfection, harvesting cells according to schedule. SDS-PAGE, and Western Blott and buffers preparation were performed daily. Hardest part: discussion of results.
Pros
experience
Cons
no salary
Small business with aspirations greater than abilities
Client Care Executive/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 3, 2014
While I've learned a lot at this company, much of it has been "what not to do". Company direction from management changes weekly, if not more often, to the detriment of the company. Long term projects are started, stopped, forgotten, worked on by a new team, and stopped again, with no real progress made. Clients receive either our full attention, or nothing at all, depending on when they came on, if they're making noise, or the CEO's personal feelings towards them.

There are some positives, of course. Individual employees are generally not too micromanaged (depending a bit on local office managers), there are some great, supportive coworkers, the company pays for you to go out to eat on Fridays, and they've got likely the best Christmas party I'll ever attend.
Pros
Free lunches on fridays, excellent Christmas party, relatively low micromanaging
Cons
Chronically "scattered" management
ok
Admin clerk /lead (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYDecember 29, 2012
Interesting place to work.experience many difference job positions which was a plus.Liked the fact that they gave me a chance to work in the warehouse with little computer knowledge and no knowledge of what the warehouse entails.
Pros
o vertime
Cons
sick time
Great environment to learn different cultures eating habbits and food prep
Halal Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 25, 2015
My day would start with checking the previous days food.
I would then begin preparing food for the next two days for Halal airline flights.
Pros
Free meal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LSG. Our community is ready to answer.