LSI Corporation Employee Reviews

great company
Mechanic 3 (Former Employee) –  Laughlin AFB, TXAugust 24, 2016
Mechanical work on jet engine, For US air force. Disassembly of engine. Followed by inspection. Before reassembling. Filling out all documents to complete the job.
Pros
friendly environment
Lawn Services Inc. Marietta, GA
Landscaper/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 12, 2016
The pay is good, but the work environment is hostile and there is never any leadership from the top. Seems they don't care about the busiess.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Yelled at for asking for day off, stressful, owners dont care
co workers
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNJuly 6, 2016
not very helpful and to much gossip or talk about people very rude. Didn't mind working alone but when u had questions or was not sure on a part they were kind of rude and didn't really give you an answer. I learned all sort of different things. the hardest part of my job would have to be running jobs that has to much to do in way to little time. the most enjoyable thing at work for me was setting a goal of producing more parts from the last person with quality standards met always tried hard and got noticed a few times
Pros
working alone
Cons
no vacation time
Everything was great until new management arrived
Senior Programmer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 27, 2016
I fully enjoyed working at LSI for 27 years. I enjoyed the people, my work, and management. When LSI was sold in 2013, the old management was replaced and customer service dropped and they downsized the labor force for both the plant and office. Our customers and vendors found working with LSI difficult. LSI is now out of business.
Great workplace
Staff ASIC Customer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 27, 2016
Worked with a great team of professions in a satellite office, and provided world-class ASIC solutions to a wide range of customers. The local management team was very skilled, and allowed engineers such as myself to lead projects, assist in pre-sales activities, and build strong relationships with customers and co-workers.
Pros
Flexible hours, challenging work, movement within company.
Cons
Upper management trimmed resources, especially in satellite offices, with the end result of getting acquired by another company.
Employee focused workplace with good health benefits
Internal Auditing Staff Auditor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 19, 2016
LSI was a good place to work. The management really tried to focus on the well-being of the employee. The health benefits were very good at the time I was there. The work was challenging but my coworkers were very highly motivated and helpful in meeting those challenges.
good company to work for
Packing lead (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 13, 2016
loading steel floors on trailers making sure that the order was completely picked. During the summer you have to make sure you drink plenty of water so you wont get over heated
Productive and Organized Place Of Work
Telecommuting Service Representitive (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 22, 2016
They are very good at training new people and having patience with those that take more effort in preparing for perfection on the job.
Pros
multiple breaks, great leaders, and team effort
Cons
no benefits
Job was located in the glue room, gluing plastic to boards.
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 9, 2016
My hours moved around a bit, but towards the end of my career, I worked from 2:30 PM until 11:00 PM. My job duties included driving a forklift, staging plastic, and helping others around the shop when in need.

From this job, I learned that in order to be a good team player, assisting others is important in order to complete the job. I also learned that putting forth my full effort makes for a better work experience.

The management was poor because the ordering was unsuccessful. This is because they would forget to order plastic, edge banding, bolts, and other materials. This made it hard to work when there was a shortage of supplies. This also made employees very frustrated and resulted in the loss of workers. With this, it made it hard to be motivated to go into work, which made it tough to put forth a full effort.
Pros
Lunch break, healthcare, 401k, coworkers
Cons
Management, hours
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 16, 2016
I worked with great people and the middle/upper management team was great as well. At one point they offered yoga classes, massages, free coffee, etc.
Was a great place to work.
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 8, 2016
Had a core of great people to work with. Unfortunately, the company was bought and sold a few times and ended up in receivership.
Wish I knew then what i know now....
Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Was an educational experience.

Gave a chance for travel and to see new places otherwise I wouldn't have been able to see.
really great place to work for
superintendent (Former Employee) –  PORT Of georgiaJanuary 1, 2016
Long hours but worked with great people so enjoyed my job. management did not micro management allowed to make calls and work hands on with the customer.
Not a bad company, but not employee friendly
Sr. Sustaining Engineer, Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 20, 2015
To much work and not enough workers to keep up with demand and repairs. Worked with good people and enjoyed good benefits at the beginning but it became more difficult to work for them.
Strong People Oriented
Manager, Treasury & Credit & Collections (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 4, 2015
Unfortunately not good at growing the business and subsequently was purchased by Avago. Positive was that company provided work/life balance
Pros
People Oriented
Cons
Greedy Executive Management
Coworkers were nice, but management would always make promises they never held.
Title Clearer (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PASeptember 10, 2015
I worked on properties that were being refinanced. I was responsible for making sure properties were free and clear from judgments and liens. The company was huge and didn't care much for their employees needs.
horrble job
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 8, 2015
no uniform
no breaks
they will take time off your time card they will not give u breaks and mess up your pay no time clock lunch break to short unorganized
no good work environment low pay
Great place to learn and work - co-workers are very helpful
UNIX System Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CaliforniaAugust 29, 2015
LSI was a great place to work. Each of my co-workers regarded each as family - even those that were on the other coast of the US, in Colorado, and even in India. We all just clicked together. Our management was supportive and taught us not just about work, but to be great human beings as well. Our manager pushed us to be the best in our line of work and be decent people in the process.
Pros
Learned a lot - most of what I know in IT now, I learned at LSI
Cons
Nature of the business - mergers and layoffs - am a victim of both
all around great summary
Program Manager/Residental Supervisor (Current Employee) –  IAJuly 29, 2015
awakened everyday and couldn't wait to be there. It was a friendly atmosphere and enjoyed the professionalism of the staff.
Most enjoyable part of the job was team work and support. My co workers were able to support any decision, any move, or any advancement piece I would bring to the table. Managed and Operated communities which gave me an understanding of IOWA's culture in service delivery for residential and PMIC level clients.
My tenure from Agere Systems to LSI to the layoff upon Avago acquisition
Executive Admin (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 29, 2015
When I first began working for LSI I was working for a very a EVP with extensive international and domestic travel. I was in the office daily with a very intimidating director. I worked long hours at first but once I had proven my capabilities I was quickly trusted. The hardest part was getting over the hump and standing my ground when needed. The best part of working at LSI were coworkers, very good, decent down to earth people striving to make it work. We worked hard, we played hard. After 10 years it was sad to leave.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Acquisition layoff of all the people I've known over the years.