LSI Corporation Employee Reviews

It was productive and fun
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 5, 2017
I clock in at 8 clock assignment ened at 5. I unloaded trucks and wrap pallets also i had to take them to the designated area.over working at lsi was productive and fun they also have an awesome management team great place to work
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not enough assignments
Not a fun environment
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Tyrone, PASeptember 5, 2017
Very hard to survive making 8 dollars a hour.
They expected you to pretty much work like a robot.
There just wasn't any opportunity to advance.
Co workers were not a joy to work with.
Pros
Cons
short breaks
good company with medium work load
Senior Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 3, 2017
it is a good company. Not very push. Balance between work and life. You will have more time to enjoy the life. The payment is good compared to the work requirement.
DevOps team
Firmware Test/Infrastructure Developer(Lead) (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 28, 2017
agile environment – which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn and introduce new technologies as the need arises.
Productive and friendly work place.
Web Producer/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 28, 2017
I had a great time working at LSI, lots of opportunities to grow and really thrived in the friendly atmosphere.

The time I worked for LSI, it was not part of Avago. It was just LSI corporation.
Dismal place.
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJune 14, 2017
Did technical writing/document control for warehouse for auction site.

Poorly organized; very clique-driven; just peddlers of junk.

Direct manager = clueless millennial who used "big" words incorrectly.
Pros
None, really.
Cons
Horrible manager.
Breakdown engineer
Breakdown Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 30, 2017
LSI was a casework company that specialized in commercial laminate cabinetry mainly in hospitals and schools. The company has exchanged hand many times over the years and is now defunct.
Pros
stable
Cons
wages
Was a great place before being torn apart
Principal Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 28, 2017
Had a great run at LSI Logic and then LSI corporation.
Lot's of great people.
Unfortunately, the Avago buyout tore apart the company.
Lsi
Talent Management (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 24, 2017
LSI was a great place to work. The work-life balance was one of the best aspects of this job and the employees were very humble and great to work with.
Pros
Work-life balance
Great culture
Senior Physical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Very exciting company to work for, great culture
fun events planned throughout the year to celebrate major holidays, annual health fair with free flu shots
Cafeteria on site
Excellent place to work
Senior Scientist (Former Employee) –  New York StateDecember 14, 2016
Second only to Hughes Aircraft Company. Experts available to talk to. Good benefits. New test equipment used. Good computers and new.
Pros
interesting work
Cons
distance
great company
Mechanic 3 (Former Employee) –  Laughlin AFB, TXAugust 24, 2016
Mechanical work on jet engine, For US air force. Disassembly of engine. Followed by inspection. Before reassembling. Filling out all documents to complete the job.
Pros
friendly environment
Poor Management
Wheel Mechanic / Small Arms Repairman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2016
At the time of my 2 year employment with the company overseas, their management team wasn't the greatest. The leadership took the enjoy of working away. The only joy was the mission of supporting the war fighters and trying to build a good working relationship with them by going the extra mile to keep them up and ready 24/7. I support the stateside company, but did not during that time support the overseas management of this company.
Pros
Co-workers, military support and and good benifits
Cons
Poor leadership on ground. They could have hired better managers.
co workers
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNJuly 6, 2016
not very helpful and to much gossip or talk about people very rude. Didn't mind working alone but when u had questions or was not sure on a part they were kind of rude and didn't really give you an answer. I learned all sort of different things. the hardest part of my job would have to be running jobs that has to much to do in way to little time. the most enjoyable thing at work for me was setting a goal of producing more parts from the last person with quality standards met always tried hard and got noticed a few times
Pros
working alone
Cons
no vacation time
Everything was great until new management arrived
Senior Programmer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 27, 2016
I fully enjoyed working at LSI for 27 years. I enjoyed the people, my work, and management. When LSI was sold in 2013, the old management was replaced and customer service dropped and they downsized the labor force for both the plant and office. Our customers and vendors found working with LSI difficult. LSI is now out of business.
Great workplace
Staff ASIC Customer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 27, 2016
Worked with a great team of professions in a satellite office, and provided world-class ASIC solutions to a wide range of customers. The local management team was very skilled, and allowed engineers such as myself to lead projects, assist in pre-sales activities, and build strong relationships with customers and co-workers.
Pros
Flexible hours, challenging work, movement within company.
Cons
Upper management trimmed resources, especially in satellite offices, with the end result of getting acquired by another company.
Employee focused workplace with good health benefits
Internal Auditing Staff Auditor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 19, 2016
LSI was a good place to work. The management really tried to focus on the well-being of the employee. The health benefits were very good at the time I was there. The work was challenging but my coworkers were very highly motivated and helpful in meeting those challenges.
good company to work for
Packing lead (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 13, 2016
loading steel floors on trailers making sure that the order was completely picked. During the summer you have to make sure you drink plenty of water so you wont get over heated
Productive and Organized Place Of Work
Telecommuting Service Representitive (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 22, 2016
They are very good at training new people and having patience with those that take more effort in preparing for perfection on the job.
Pros
multiple breaks, great leaders, and team effort
Cons
no benefits
Job was located in the glue room, gluing plastic to boards.
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 9, 2016
My hours moved around a bit, but towards the end of my career, I worked from 2:30 PM until 11:00 PM. My job duties included driving a forklift, staging plastic, and helping others around the shop when in need.

From this job, I learned that in order to be a good team player, assisting others is important in order to complete the job. I also learned that putting forth my full effort makes for a better work experience.

The management was poor because the ordering was unsuccessful. This is because they would forget to order plastic, edge banding, bolts, and other materials. This made it hard to work when there was a shortage of supplies. This also made employees very frustrated and resulted in the loss of workers. With this, it made it hard to be motivated to go into work, which made it tough to put forth a full effort.
Pros
Lunch break, healthcare, 401k, coworkers
Cons
Management, hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LSI Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.