LSS Employee Reviews

Account/Project manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 8, 2016
A typical day in this job would be to start by checking your email and looking for new orders i have received in order to get organized for the day. I always start at the bottom and work my way up as these need to be worked from oldest to newest. Once that is complete i then would check all my old orders to see if any are completed or need any other information to be completed. Then i would scrub my orders make sure i have all the information to start the order a place an order for telecommunications. I learned about telecommunications understood how to order toll free numbers and how to place a order to install landline phone service to customer. The hardest part of the job was when id received 60+ orders in less than a day, but i always took them one at a time and had very little difficulty completing them on time. The most enjoyable part of this job was hearing how happy customers were when i finished their order in a timely manner and correctly. Management needed some work they did a lot of favoritism which i felt wasn't professional. I got along great with my coworkers and helped them complete their orders if they needed assistance.
Pros
Fun atmosphere Special days of free food or games to win prizes
Cons
Management had favoritism No opportunity for overtime
Very cultural environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioSeptember 18, 2015
interesting place to work if you have low self esteem and appreciate controversy.

Lutheran Social Services helps their community by enabling them and putting their clients in positions that they can not handle or afford so they depend on the homeless system.
Pros
My boss did not micro manage me
Cons
The executive staff don't enforce the rules and shine in the eye of the community
Unique setting to help student succeed
Classroom Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 30, 2015
From start to finish the work day is gauged to help students who have been referred to LSS succeed. It is sometimes physically and mentally draining but at the end of it all watching a child pass a test, interact socially appropriate with a peer or just show trust in a staff member makes the job worth wild!
New, Innovative
Infant Toddler Developmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Croix, VIMarch 1, 2015
Challenging experience, filled with Social Service, Early HeadStart Education encompassing parent participation.Special needs
All inclusive staff training and travel Educational advancement..

At Lutheran Social Services/ Early Head Start Program, the atmosphere was fast paced, being versatile was a must, also keeping your head leveled and professional when situations would heat at a moments notice without warning.
At the end of the day, when you reflect and say job well done or what could I do, the next time in order to bring about better results.

Improvement and Growth where everyone feel Happy and Included
Oh yea, don't forget, Respected!!!!
Pros
Everything!!!
Cons
Little!!!
Amazing residents
Dining Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Ballwin, MOJanuary 5, 2015
At LSS I got incredibly attached to the residents that I served. It wasn't an easy job, as the residents did pass. That was very difficult for me. I was a server and loved everyone I worked with.
Pros
Getting to know the residents
Cons
When they passed away.
Helping the community
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 4, 2014
Assist with community needs
How to interact with different personalities
Very focused on Community
friendly
Seeing so many people in dire need.
knowing you made a difference
Pros
Helping people in need
Cons
There was not enough help to give
great for making good money
Light Machinist (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 17, 2014
great place to make money i did this when i was younger great breaks and good people long hours you can get overtime pretty easy workin here
Pros
great pay nice breaks
Cons
first shift can be real early
Great place to get experience.
Clinical Nurse Leader (Former Employee) –  Meramec BluffsOctober 17, 2013
Long days, little recognition, even less cooperation and communication.
Home Care
Personal Care Support Person (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHSeptember 13, 2013
This job had its benefits. You could basically work with clients individually without supervision and establish your own schedule. Compensation for this position were very low for what you were expected to do.
Great Job
Youth Empowerment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNMarch 26, 2012
Wonderful opportunity to work for a company making a difference in the lives of others, competitive pay, great management
Pros
opportunity to work and grow in a company