LSU Health Sciences Center Employee Reviews

Physician Assistant
Physician Assistant (PA-C) (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 18, 2017
Academic Level 1 Trauma Center with excellent care for the surrounding regions. Enjoyed the opportunity to care for some of the most under served patients in the area and learned the best orthopaedic approaches to manage their injuries.
Fair
Network Analyst 3 (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 21, 2017
Not as clean of an environment as on would think. Managers in charge of IT lack a lot of the basic understanding of Information Technologies.
Salaries are below the standards for IT professionals.
Pros
Hospital close by
Cons
Hiring based on who you know.
internship
Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 10, 2017
only worked there as an intern whilst in highschool so I can't really speak too much about the actual experience because mine was only during the summer
Cons
boring
Productive and fun workplace
General Practice Resident (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 10, 2017
Great place to get more experience with general dentistry. Will learn how to extract teeth and deal with medically complex patients. I have also done several complex esthetic cases.
LSU IT Workplace
IT User Services Analyst II (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 12, 2017
This is a place where you pretty much know what to expect, but that doesnt mean management isnt watching. The culture is relaxed for the most part. The most enjoyable part of the job is being apart of public sector service.
LSU was a very good place to work
Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAMarch 23, 2016
I was secretary to the Pediatrics department. I did alot of data entry, answered the phones, filing, etc.

I got along great with my bosses, the doctors, nurses and all my co-workers.
Very productive environment
Fellowship Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 29, 2015
Overall phenomenal workplace, employees, faculty, staff members, fellows, students, etc... Everyone is always providing assistants to those in need and there is always opportunities for training and growth.

The hardest part of my job was resigning knowing the possibilities of not being able to mimic this environment in another workplace.
Pros
Flexibility, healthcare, holidays, hour lunch, etc...
Researcher/Runner For Doctor's Office
Office Assistant for Clinical Pharmacology (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 19, 2015
This was a rather simplistic job while attending school. It was grant based so I did a lot of proof reading and editing of grammar. Other duties included pulling journals for doctors and running errands around the hospital. I enjoyed it, it was not a huge workload in addition to college. The coworkers were all doctors so I learned a great deal of patience and self control.
Pros
Healthy Work Environment
Cons
No cone
Fun company to work for
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 19, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Managers to supervisors are fun people to be around. They work with you to move up in the department if they are openings.
Productive fun workplace
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 6, 2015
Working at LSU Health Center was an welcoming environment. The employees as well as managers was very supportive. You could also see the passion of the workers who have been there the longest. I learned a lot about business, how the working at a hospital works, and how to organize the department and how to do seminar for the medical students. The most enjoyable bout working their was you felt loved that the job you did was appreciated by the managers. the hardest part of this job was that I had to let it go due to me having to go back to school.
Perfect for a college student
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 29, 2015
at the time it was my first job it was the perfect situation for a 19 year old set schedule that revolved perfectly around your school schedule
Great Place to Work
Cancer Researcher (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 26, 2015
Be ready to work! Sometimes you will be with your supervisor or mentor and the next, you are on your own. Don't worry if you are on your own. Your supervisor is always one phone call away if you need him or her. There is a great staff who will greet you whenever they see you. Everything is constantly clean and up to par. As for places to eat or go on your break, there is a Subway, smoothie shop, and other places to visit in walking distance. The cafeteria in the center is really good and the price is just right for what you're being served. Really no need for a vehicle since the building is located a few short blocks away from the streetcar (on Canal Street)! You will enjoy working here!
Productive and pleasant working enviroment
Maintenance Lederman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 7, 2015
Really enjoyed my time employed here, along with all the friends accumulated over the 10 years employed and the room for advancement is the best I've ever witnessed at any employer I've worked for. Really good benefits.
Pros
good benefits, pay, advancement possibilities
Cons
City is crime infested
Typical Day at LSU Medical
student worker (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 28, 2015
Medical research with the doctors and residents. Mainly is charting and making phone calls to other departments for appointments and follow-ups
Very efficient place to work; everything I needed was at my reach
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 21, 2014
Pretty routine job which consists of coming in and checking/answering emails. There are only two others that I work directly with, the other co-workers are all at other locations. We phone in with updates for each others' facility at least twice a month. The job itself was not hard at all but rather more like an entry level position. The most enjoyable part of the job would be getting the paid time off along with most schools and universities.
Pros
Weekends and most holiday's off
Cons
No windows, flurescent lighting, no room for advancement
very fast paced but interesting enviroment
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 6, 2014
this was a very interesting job because I learned a lot about the medical environment. Learned a lot of medical terminology and about medical procedures. Very knowledgeable doctors and nurses. the most enjoyable part of the job were my coworkers. No part of the job was ever hard. Also my supervisors were excellent to work with.
Good place to work with great benifits
Staff Electrician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 22, 2013
As a staff Electrican, I was given my job assignment in the morning and I had the liberty to schedule my tasks in the manner I was to perform them.
Pros
Extra holidays were given based on LSU Health Sciences school schedule.
Cons
Short breaks and no dental coverage
Very nice place to work
Administrative Supervisor II (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 5, 2013
I've enjoyed my tenure here as a manager and have great admiration for my employees.
Cons
Parking
Interesting work environment and alot of walking
Undergraduate Research Apprentice Program (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 24, 2013
I was a student researcher in the neurology department for the Undergraduate Research Apprentice Program in Shreveport, La. As a student researcher and paid employee, I did research at the LSUHSC Health Sciences Center. Under the watchful eye of my mentor, I was required to conduct my research and create a research poster that was later presented at the end of the program. Some shadowing was done during the process. I watched patients participate in clinical trials, I interviewed some neurology patients, watched several neurology checkups.
Pros
I got to shadow doctors, tour simulation labs, and watch clinical trials
Cons
Short breaks and long walks to the hospital
Hospital learning area
Student-Internship (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 7, 2013
Worked with nurse to assisted patients around the hospital and paperwork,I was a student intern so i go to see a lot of paperwork and patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LSU Health Sciences Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2