LSUHSC Employee Reviews

Lsuhsc
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 26, 2017
Great environment friendly staff great place to work and work on your education to better yourself in life good feeling to help others in need
very productive in a lengthy time span
Radiology Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 19, 2017
The work day was full of clients from law offices,clinic,and various places in the hospital requesting Radiology reports. I Learned how to read reports and charts from the Radiologists. Management was pretty good as long as you what you were told.Some of the workplace was ok as long you stay to yourself.The hardest part was dealing with client rudeness but all you need to know is the customer is always right.It was enjoyable on because you got to take all your breaks and it was organized.
Pros
good retirement plan
Cons
expensive healthcare
Opportunities for growth were available
Health Information Processor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 11, 2016
There were supervisors that really needed to be replaced. My direct supervisor was a joy to work. There was a lot of favoritism at this job.
Lonely, depressing environment
OUTREACH COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 15, 2016
Very large facility with no team work feel. Worked in a closet, no windows, very little human contact. Job security was none existent due to state politics.
Rewarding experience
Procurement Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 7, 2016
My job duties were to purchase medical supplies and services for the hospital departments. I learned a lot about different medical supplies and equipment used to help people and save lives, therefore, made my job rewarding.

What made my job the hardest was trying to solicit for goods with poor specifications. We depended on the end-users giving as much information as possible in order for us to assist them to the best of our ability.
Pros
Growth and knowledge
Cons
Poor specifications from end-user
Great working environment
Administrative Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 17, 2016
I worked with a wonderful professional staff who were quite knowledgeable in their jobs. My job consisted of verifying patients with medicare, medicaid, and commercial insurance assignments. I enjoyed and work and also enjoyed working with a group of wonderful individuals in my department.
Pros
Full time job
Cons
short lunch breaks
Ok place to work
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 28, 2016
The current times make working at LSUHSC difficult. There have been statewide raise and hiring freezes have contributed to the problems there. Otherwise, each experience in each laboratory will be different depending on the faculty member for which you work. In that regard, my experience was positive.
Challenging Work Environment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT 3 (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 5, 2016
Administrative Assistant to the Project Director, Chief Officer of Operations and the Clinical Director as well as Providing Administrative Support for a Staff of 7. My Responsibilities Included Payroll; Typing of General and Specialized Documents and Reports; Data Base Management; Coordinating and Scheduling Meetings; Dictation and Transcription of Meeting Minutes; Maintaining Inventory of Office Supplies and Preparing Requisitions for the Purchase of Supplies and Equipment; Preparing Travel Arrangements, Authorizations and Expense Reports. I also Developed and Maintained a Confidential Client DataBase According to Federal Guidelines
Productive and hard work
Student worker (Former Employee) –  King's Highway, Shreveport LAJuly 17, 2015
A typical day in the work place was work from the start of the day until the end of the day. From the time I arrived it was work, work, work. I had to file papers, input the students grades and plan events for them. Although I worked under someone, I was very confident that if they missed a day of work, the day would still run smoothly because I knew everything and more to get the job done.
Pros
Learning to type at a fast pace
Cons
No Benefits
loved it
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 10, 2015
a wonderful place to work and grow. I loved that I could put my skills in place. we had a wonderful manager. only thing is when they was doing the big lay off I was laid off.
LSU Monroe FP Program
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJune 6, 2015
Great work environment. FPs have lots of responsibilities including ICU, ER, endoscopy and more. Teaching environment also. Great medical staff.
Educational place where you meet a lot of interesting people
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAFebruary 15, 2015
As administrative assistant, I organized the files of the doctors, nurses, and employees at the hospital. I was responsible for ensuring that each person was up to date on licensees and trainings. A typical day included scheduling patients, doctors, and nurses for different trainings, assisting the Nurse educators whenever needed, and making sure everything in the office was working effectively. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and being able to help.
Pros
My own office and the ability to work at a set pace.
Cons
Sometimes the chaos of the classes that were being offered.
LSUHSC was just like family to me for many years.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 6, 2014
I held a number of positions at LSUHSC. I ofter referred to it as the land of opportunity. When I first came to this facility I worked in patient escort. I then went on to advanced to administrative coordinator after taking a general clerical course, then I completed a LPN Program at Voc-Tech of Shreveport while I was still working. I worked as an LPN for 5 years while going to NSU Nursing School here in Shreveport. I then completed the RN Program at NSU of Shreveport. This was very enjoyable, because I was learning and had wonderful supervisors that worked with my school schedules. As a LPN I mostly administered medications. I also learned how to develop care plans by observing the charge nurse as she delegated nursing tasks for me to carry out. My co-workers were excellent team players. The most enjoyable part of this job was all learning I received on how to take care my patients.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Fun and enjoying place to work.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 17, 2014
My overall rating LSUHSC was a fun place to work. I stayed until I retired to take care of my ill husband, who has now pasted away.
meeting and treating patients
RN 2 - Inpatient Psychiatric Unit (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 28, 2014
I enjoy meeting and treating new patients and making them feel comfortable during treatment
Large State run School
IT Analyst 2 (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 8, 2014
This is a good academic environment supporting users and installing supporting PCs. A good mix of people work together to get people working on their own projects.
pleasurable
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 7, 2014
Balanced atmostphere, great management, fair placement.
Pros
great work enviorment.
Cons
no raises
Slow paced work environment
Police Officer 2-A (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 21, 2014
Micro-managed, slow paced environment. Promotions based on personal feelings of supervisor. Confidential meetings with supervision were always public. Employed with nice, but very disgruntled co-workers. Expect to gain a low morale from actions of supervisors. The job detail wasn't hard at all, but being scrutinized was. The most enjoyable part of the job was when it was my turn to clock out.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, Close to home.
Cons
Poor pay. Short breaks, Disrespectful supervisors, Outside interference in the department. Not professional.
productive job
Health information Processor 3 (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 18, 2014
I got a chance to learn about the medical field, I learned the electronic health system, filing, computer skills
Pros
everything
Cons
no cons
Workiing third party liability cases from accidents
Accounting Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 19, 2014
Working third party liability cases dealing with attorney's, record companies, insurance companies. Working with wonderful employees in the office area. The hardest part about the position was very demanding and very little of time to please every attorney, insurance company and record in one day. Time was of the essence and always not enough time in one day to get to every need of each entity.
The most enjoyable part about the position is dealing with attorney's and getting the information to them and they could settle a case.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LSUHSC. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2