LSUHSC Employee Reviews in United States

Ok place to work
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 28, 2016
The current times make working at LSUHSC difficult. There have been statewide raise and hiring freezes have contributed to the problems there. Otherwise, each experience in each laboratory will be different depending on the faculty member for which you work. In that regard, my experience was positive.
Productive and hard work
Student worker (Former Employee) –  King's Highway, Shreveport LAJuly 17, 2015
A typical day in the work place was work from the start of the day until the end of the day. From the time I arrived it was work, work, work. I had to file papers, input the students grades and plan events for them. Although I worked under someone, I was very confident that if they missed a day of work, the day would still run smoothly because I knew everything and more to get the job done.
Pros
Learning to type at a fast pace
Cons
No Benefits
loved it
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 10, 2015
a wonderful place to work and grow. I loved that I could put my skills in place. we had a wonderful manager. only thing is when they was doing the big lay off I was laid off.
Educational place where you meet a lot of interesting people
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAFebruary 15, 2015
As administrative assistant, I organized the files of the doctors, nurses, and employees at the hospital. I was responsible for ensuring that each person was up to date on licensees and trainings. A typical day included scheduling patients, doctors, and nurses for different trainings, assisting the Nurse educators whenever needed, and making sure everything in the office was working effectively. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and being able to help.
Pros
my own office and the ability to work at a set pace.
Cons
sometimes the chaos of the classes that were being offered.
LSU Monroe FP Program
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJune 6, 2015
Great work environment. FPs have lots of responsibilities including ICU, ER, endoscopy and more. Teaching environment also. Great medical staff.
Slow paced work environment
Police Officer 2-A (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 21, 2014
Micro-managed, slow paced environment. Promotions based on personal feelings of supervisor. Confidential meetings with supervision were always public. Employed with nice, but very disgruntled co-workers. Expect to gain a low morale from actions of supervisors. The job detail wasn't hard at all, but being scrutinized was. The most enjoyable part of the job was when it was my turn to clock out.
Pros
friendly co-workers, close to home.
Cons
poor pay. short breaks, disrespectful supervisors, outside interference in the department. not professional.
LSUHSC was just like family to me for many years.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 6, 2014
I held a number of positions at LSUHSC. I ofter referred to it as the land of opportunity. When I first came to this facility I worked in patient escort. I then went on to advanced to administrative coordinator after taking a general clerical course, then I completed a LPN Program at Voc-Tech of Shreveport while I was still working. I worked as an LPN for 5 years while going to NSU Nursing School here in Shreveport. I then completed the RN Program at NSU of Shreveport. This was very enjoyable, because I was learning and had wonderful supervisors that worked with my school schedules. As a LPN I mostly administered medications. I also learned how to develop care plans by observing the charge nurse as she delegated nursing tasks for me to carry out. My co-workers were excellent team players. The most enjoyable part of this job was all learning I received on how to take care my patients.
Pros
excellent staff
Workiing third party liability cases from accidents
Accounting Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 19, 2014
Working third party liability cases dealing with attorney's, record companies, insurance companies. Working with wonderful employees in the office area. The hardest part about the position was very demanding and very little of time to please every attorney, insurance company and record in one day. Time was of the essence and always not enough time in one day to get to every need of each entity.
The most enjoyable part about the position is dealing with attorney's and getting the information to them and they could settle a case.
Great place to work, when just starting off and wanting to learn.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 12, 2012
I take vital signs, make beds, bathe patients that are unable to do for themselves. I have learned how to put on a telemetry monitor, have learned about stokes, and different procedures on Telemetry. The management is amazing and very understanding, works well with each other. My co-workers are helpful. The hardest part of the job is loosing someone you have cared for and gotten used to seeing. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people daily.
Pros
working with people
Cons
not enough one on one
Overall Job Analysis
Health Information Inpatient/Outpatient Coder (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAJanuary 18, 2013
A typical day at LSU/E.A. Conway is very outlined to enhance producitivity. Coding standards are adhered to everyday. As a coder we make adjustments to assist our fellow coders who may need assistance completing various accounts to meet fiscal needs. I share a deep camaraderie and positive rapport with managment and co-workers. There's really not a hard part of the job. As long as you're self-motivated productivity will follow suit. The most enjoyable part of the job consist of building onto my expertise to open up future opportunities.
N/a
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 23, 2013
I enjoyed my weekdays working with my co-workers and I loved my manager and supervisor I have them both to thank for the year and months of my employment under their supervision. Working in my department was a blessing and couldn't have come at a better time in my life.
Excellent career job
ADMISSONS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 4, 2013
This was and enriching career in which I gathered
Much experience in patient care and gained the
Respect of employees and patients. I daily got
The enjoyment of working close with people.
Pros
retirement benefits
Cons
uncertain future of the institution
A step in the door
Accounting Specialist (Transient) (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 20, 2012
Every morning, I had a task to do or waited for one. I experienced an eight-hour day shift. I enjoyed the work that I did and the atmosphere. My employer always lead by example.
Pros
atmosphere, compensation, employer, etc.
Cons
unorganized instructions
Professional and friendly atmosphere
Director, Melanie Sotak (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 20, 2013
My day usually starts with reviewing credit workques, prioritizing cash and commercial posting, assigning lockboxes to co-workers if necessary, process denials and zero pays, create charges if any contract payments are within a batch, create liability spreadsheets for settlements, answer billing questions from patients by phone, set up payment arrangements, troubleshoot claim errors, registration issues, and coordinate with LSU Hospital Billing and Professional Billing about all third party liabilities. I work with professional and friendly ladies that really care about what they contribute to PRCO billing team. The most difficult part of the job is the unknown attributes of Epic I have not encountered yet and the most rewarding part of the position is when you have completed a huge amount of work and it makes a difference. Every day is a learning experience and I welcome this opportunity.
Pros
flexible boss
Cons
feel guilty taking time off
Large State run School
IT Analyst 2 (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 8, 2014
This is a good academic environment supporting users and installing supporting PCs. A good mix of people work together to get people working on their own projects.
Fun and enjoying place to work.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 17, 2014
My overall rating LSUHSC was a fun place to work. I stayed until I retired to take care of my ill husband, who has now pasted away.
State run Hospital with great benefits
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 21, 2013
A secure job with great benefits but less pay than typical for industry. Lots of Holidays, any tool needed, constant traning
Pros
benefits leave
Cons
pay supervisors
Enjoy working with people
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 21, 2013
Doing my duties, complete task on time. Learning new tasks on the computer.
Pros
positive element
Cons
may be a bad day, but, there always something good in the day.
Nice work environment
Standardized Patient (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 4, 2013
Very interesting job and a nice place to work. I would pretend to be an ill patient, and the med student would attempt to correctly guess what was wrong with me.
meeting and treating patients
RN 2 - Inpatient Psychiatric Unit (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 28, 2014
I enjoy meeting and treating new patients and making them feel comfortable during treatment

4.3