LTD Commodities LLC

LTD Commodities LLC Employee Reviews

Not bad at all
Marketing/Advertising Department (Current Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILSeptember 8, 2016
The culture is fantastic. Co-workers are great, and middle management and some of the top brass are really good at their jobs.

Decent pay (just under average for my position), OK benefits.

401k match could be higher.

Somewhat flexible scheduling, as long as you log 8.5 hours a day (includes one hour lunch breaks), can arrive as early as 6:30 and leave as late 5:30.

I think PTO accumulation could be at a faster rate.

There is occasionally some miscommunication (or complete lack of communication) between departments leading to various crises.

This is a company that pays well enough, has flexible enough scheduling, and a great work culture - despite it's faults.
Pros
OK benefits, Flexible scheduling, Summer flex hours, Employee store
Cons
No work-from-home opportunities, 401k match could be higher, Just below average pay, Holiday bonus has gotten smaller over the years
no comments
Customer Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 30, 2017
I enjoyed working for LTD. the benefits are goods, internal store for employee shopping, employee incentives...great company

thanks
Regular warehouse, xmas parties.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILAugust 30, 2016
Use to work packing mechandise, but was also flexible at other working position they asked me to work for...if i didnt know it, i would learn it....i work because i have a family to support, so i take my job serious.
Pros
Free xmas lunch
Cons
Never gave a raise...
Fun Place to Work and Great Co-Workers
Multi-Channel Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 20, 2017
I enjoyed the somewhat relaxed call center environment with team-based activities throughout the year. There was an attempt by management to make employees feel valued. It did get a bit hectic during peak (holiday) season, but that is to be expected given the nature of the business. I enjoyed helping and resolving issues for customers and this job gave you every opportunity to do just that.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Changing Shift Hours, Job Advancement Opportunities
A great place to work.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 22, 2016
This was the place where I learn what I know about Warehouse. A typical day was doing circle counting, Then I learned how to do inspection of the incoming products. After that I learned how to drive forklift, order picker, reach truck, double reach truck and electric pallet jack, and started doing dispatching, stocking and overstocking. Then I learned how to load and unload. It was a great team work. The management give the opportunity to learn as much as you can. I really like this job. Every day was an opportunity to grow.
Pros
Opportunity to learn everything.
Very productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJune 28, 2016
Fast paced
Co - workers very nice
great security
management good
great benefits
good location
a typical day at work is very calm but fast paced
Easy Work for Normal Pay
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 23, 2016
You will have to get to the office before the day begins to sign into your computer, which can take some time if your computer is having issues. Then you will log directly into the phones and take calls from customers ranging in questions from placing an order to account billing issues. You will be yelled at, but all of the issues are very easy and direct to answer, you will not have a hard time adapting to dealing with customers.
There is a lot of micromanagement that occurs in this company. They do not have a set way of judging your calls and your grade is based mostly on interpretation. So you could have a perfect grade one day and then do the exact same thing the next and you will not get the same grade. It seems like a way to make an excuse so they do not have to raise your salary.
Co-workers are fine, but management is exactly like the management team in Office Space. They ask for more from you and make you feel bad if you do not give it.
Pros
Easiest work I have ever done
Cons
Management is awful
I would sleep homeless under a bridge before going back
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 18, 2016
Management is biased, and if you are not one of the favorites, you are treated like you are worthless. They force a "hard sell" on customer service, turning them into sales agents instead of customer service. Breaks and lunches are scheduled on top of each other, and you sometimes go 4-5 hours without a break even to use the restroom. Mandatory overtime, and zero work life balance. They want robots, not human beings.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Everything else
Scheduled hours inconsistent
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 1, 2017
Enjoyed working with staff in various departments,learned phone and clerical skills, difficult work culture as the need for staff is not a constant, hours scheduled changed from less then 40 hours to overtime, hard to budget monthly bills. Little loyalty to employees fosters little loyalty to the company. Hardest part of job - confusion when changes were implemented with little communication
Good company to work for
Multi-Channel Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILDecember 13, 2016
Typical day you would have like 50-60 calls a more a day I learned a lot from this company management was ok I loved my co-workers always willing to lend a helping hand if needed the hardest part of the job was upselling but I made it thru that the most enjoyable part of the job was helping customer find what they are looking.
Pros
lots of fun activities
Cons
need a cafeteria
Nice environment
Payroll/Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILMarch 28, 2016
Review emails, processed any data entry.
Ran hourly payroll every Tuesday. Processed weekly wage assignments.
Assisted in Accounts Payable dept. Processed freight invoices.
Systems used Ceridian, Kronos, AP Workflow, SAP, Word, Excel, and Office.
I liked the flexibility and worked with nice employees.
Hardest part of job was during our busy season when there was a deadline to get everything in.
Pros
Good benefits, friendly staff
Cons
favortism
Great company outside call center
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 13, 2017
Great Agents we were a family. Company does not care for long term employees in the call center. Some management made it difficult for good employees to stay. Cutting hours as low as 20 a week forcing people to leave.
Pros
monthly treat
Cons
not 40 hours changing shifts weekends
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 12, 2017
I worked at LTD for a couple years, and did not approve of the belief in the company. They are not customer service oriented and the management is not much better.
I only remember one higher up that actually cared about the employees well being.
Very LOUD and not clean.
Cons
Terrible
Decent Pay, Poor People (employee) skills
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILOctober 26, 2016
The duties of the job, fun and interesting. The pay is decent. It's working in an inbound call- center. It's a lot to learn. I LOVED taking orders and assisting customers. The customers made the job enjoyable the time I was there.

FALSE ADVERTISING: FAMILY STYLE, FUN and FRIENDLY
Pros
Pay
Cons
Rude and disrespectful Management, Military-Style atmosphere, Short breaks, ALL CALLS MONITORED!!!
Ok if starting out and has availability
Customer Service Representative & Order Entry (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 10, 2017
Always a different schedule, and their slow season is really slow that they send you home. They have awesome products and nice holiday parties. Management wasn't the greatest and co workers in other departments felt entitled.
Pocket Money
Order Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILDecember 27, 2016
I worked seasonal in customer service. 100% compliance needed for retention or advancement. Personnel polite and honest but inflexible when it comes to employee unexpected needs.
Pros
Money was ok
Cons
inflexible
Great associates and peers
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 13, 2016
Had a great time and enjoy the knowledge of always leaning new systems. Always shown great respect from Managers on my team. Supervisors on the Support side have been helpful and made great friends.
Pros
Leaning new things, respectful people and always family open
Cons
Pay
Work Will be Work
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILDecember 28, 2016
Its an easy to do job but they play favoritism. But overall, you came into work, sat down for eight hours and went home. All day I answered phone calls, not difficult whatsoever.
Pros
Easy Workload
Cons
No Communication
easy work fun place
Seasonal Call center agent (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 14, 2017
job was fun and simple, not too much pressure to sell but easy to offer upsell, they give great training and many tools to help, and lots of temp employees come and go
Quiet workplace and friendly staff
Costumer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILDecember 26, 2016
Easy going staff, they focus on your skills and progression very often. They keep up with what you do and have to get done. Very productive workplace during peak season

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LTD Commodities LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9