LTD Financial Services Employee Reviews in United States

Decent Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2016
Decent job, but there is a high turnover rate. The hours are midday and then a turnaround shift at 7 AM. The environment wasn't the best, but it was tolerable. Unless you were good at collecting delinquent payments, there is little room for advancement.
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
Little room for advancement, crazy hours, difficult environment
Great company, awesome managers, fun Christmas auction every year!
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Collections with delinquent loans and assisted borrowers with repayment plans, loan modifications, short-sales, deed in lieu of foreclosure. Negotiated short-sales on 2nd liens with realtors and brokers, interacted with title companies and bankruptcy attorneys.
Pros
To provide borrower with loan resolution and keep them out of foreclosure.
Cons
When borrower doesn't qualify for any type loan resolution and gets foreclosed.
High Expectation Collection Company
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2015
The workday consisted of various collection task multiple clients.

I learned additional techniques for 3rd party collections.

The management was a pleasure to work with and always available.

The co-workers were great people.

The hardest part is contacting the customers by phone.

The most enjoyable is collecting a full payment on a past due bill.
Pros
Great structured collection environment.
Cons
It takes time to move up to the more productive clients to get bigger bonuses.
Very Goal oriented
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2015
A typical day at LTD is you learn how to manage personal accounts for Huge Company's in which people owe back to.The management of each team could better managed a team as a whole to make budget, the hardest part of the job is collecting from consumers that don't want to pay their balance which is negotiating ,and the most enjoyable part if the job is hitting your budget and going into bonus
Pros
Games where you can with non tax money
Cons
dictate your restroom breaks
A typical day is making alot of calls, I learned alot working there, management has favorites and the hardest part is listening to consumers curse.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2015
I would not recommend anyone to work there. There are a few incentives but the over all work place is not too good. The only enjoyable part of working there is working with nice co workers. Only a few of management don't have favorites.
Pros
Off on Holidays and some contests that they run are fun and make it enjoyable.
Cons
too much favoritism, and need to watch your accounts or favorites, will get a hold of them and not say anything
accounts representitive
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2015
The only thing I liked about this job was that there was a set schedule. Management sucks, pay sucks the only benefit to working there was the covered parking and if you were enough of a suck up you would move up to the MIT position. this is a decent job to have as you seek further employment.
Good benifit packet great work hours.
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston TxAugust 10, 2015
Training new employees. Learned how to spot potential in people.
Worked with a good team of co-workers as part of the Training staff.
Mixed emotions about management. Had one of the best but unfortunately the bad ones carried more weight.
the hardest part was having to recommend dismissal of someone.
The most enjoyable was enjoying their success with them when they were released to the floor and they hit and exceeded their budget.
Very productive and interesting place to work
Inbound Call Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2015
A typical day at work would be answering incoming calls at a collection agency. I would look up debtors accounts and transfer them to the collector assigned to the account. I send those whose account was paid-in-full "0" balance letters. I learned the rules of debt collecting and how to effectively deal with irate customers. My manager was very approachable. My co-workers were from all different background which was interesting to me. The hardest part of the job was not being able to reach a collector for an account and have to wait until they get back to you. The most enjoyable part was the phone work. I enjoy talking to people on the and problem solving.
Pros
2 weeks paid vacation once a year
Cons
low pay
Overall its a great work environment.
Customer Service Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2015
Typical day: Making outbound calls/ taking inbound calls... I've learned that in collections when dealing with different types of personality you have to adjust...We have a job to do so we must adjust to the situation.
Collections is a learning experience
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Typical day dress for success, handled all voice mail, and proceeded to my out bound calls. I handled ever call with great customer service
Benefits
Cons
Collections isn't for anyone
Great Place to work
Professional Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxSeptember 13, 2015
If you are looking for a position that will help you communicate with people, this is a very good place to start. Customer service is key and attention to detail is what makes these stores stand out.
Don't work here unless you NEED to
Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2015
Their benefits suck, they do not treat their employees with respect. Most of upper mgmt are not intelligent. This company will never have decent employees because they cannot treat people right. They are all about the $$. Employees can talk any way to their managers and all they will do is threaten to lessen their pay or commission structure. VP's are douche bags. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT COME HERE UNLESS YOU NEED SOME $$ UNTIL YOU FIND SOMETHING BETTER. DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU.
Pros
Potential to make $.
Cons
bad insurance, they give privleges then take them away, favortism towards some employees more than others, men in upper mgmt are pervs, and the list goes on
Micro managed like a slave plantation
Account Representative/Collections (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2015
This employment started out ok but then the micro management . Its like we are children. A lot of changes takes place ridiculous dress code
Terrible Company
Customer Service Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2015
I currently work here and this company honestly cares nothing about its employees. If you don't meet their unrealistic expectations they will reduce your pay or terminate you altogether. The environment is supposed to be professional but there is so much drama and people getting each other in trouble over ridiculous things like dress code i.e., if your shirt is not tucked in. They sell you on the idea that you will make bonuses if you hit your goal but the bar is very high and if you do manage to hit your bonus, they will raise your goal even higher. The management staff is poor and they get upset if you ask them for assistance or altogether ignore you. If you're looking for something QUICK because you are desperate they will hire EVERYONE. But don't plan on making a career here, as I said, it's so unrealistic.
Pros
"Bonuses"
Cons
Drama, Poor Management, No Morale
Daily Work
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 25, 2015
Maintain finances while following multiple state laws daily
Communicate both written and verbally
Handle multiple telephone calls daily
Meet daily/monthly budget quota
Customer service
Very strict place
Debt Collector Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2015
LTD was a pretty serious job but could be fun. It was a very competative place to work at because we aimed to hit budget and be number one for the month, it could be fun or no fun if you do not it budget. I was able to do so but was not number one at it. Managers were understanding at times but not all the time. The hardest part was dealing with customer that were very mean for would hang up on you.
Depending on what sector of the company you work for....
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 21, 2014
I very much liked working for the Bank of America collections account. There are lots of rules, as with any company, but I definitely enjoyed my co-workers and supervisors. All day was spent on the phone trying to collect money from past due accounts owed to Bank of America.
Pros
very structed
Cons
low base pay and hard to make commission
Hitting Budgets equals bonuses
Debt Collection Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 29, 2014
A typical day at work for me was to handle every account on specific projects throughout the day and verifying funds for associates that had cardmember pay on their accounts. I built daily work queques for associates to work throught the day to maximize hitting their montly bugdets. The most enjoyable part of my job was to work hard to have my team hit their personal budgets, so they could earn big monthly bonuses. Other managers were very helpful in trying to help each other hit everyones budger on the collection floor.
Pros
the unlimited bonus potential
Cons
not getting bonuses
A struggle to stay afloat
Customer Service/Collections (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2012
between the ever changing rules and changes in regulations, you are constantly judged on performance. That is understandable on a salary and commission based job except when your performance reviews only have two grades: acceptable and unacceptable performance. If you don't make your quota you automatically receive unacceptable. In an environment where performance is not directly under your control, having your neck on the chopping block every month is not positive environment.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management, work atmosphere.
Productive and good place to work
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2012
A typical day at work was to manage and collect money for commercial accounts. I learned to work smart and find more effective ways to get job done.I was proud to manage a group of 20 employees. I did not not have a hard part of my job.The most enjoyable part of the job was working with clients and finding ways to get the bill paid and giving them the best possible arrangement, and at the same time making the company a lot of money.

2.9