LTD FINANCIAL SERVICES

LTD FINANCIAL SERVICES Employer Reviews

Hated the job
Customer Service Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 22, 2014
Its not the best place to work its people that have been there 10 plus years but still looking for new jobs they have a high turn over rate that's why there always hiring .
bad
Debt Collector (Former Employee), houstonApril 9, 2014
Pros: gym disc
Cons: schedules
To be honest ltd it was a very bad company to work for very bad experience thy promise moon and the stars and you will never get anything
Hitting Budgets equals bonuses
Debt Collection Floor Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 29, 2014
Pros: the unlimited bonus potential
Cons: not getting bonuses
A typical day at work for me was to handle every account on specific projects throughout the day and verifying funds for associates that had cardmember pay on their accounts. I built daily work queques for associates to work throught the day to maximize hitting their montly bugdets. The most enjoyable part of my job was to work hard to have my team – more... hit their personal budgets, so they could earn big monthly bonuses. Other managers were very helpful in trying to help each other hit everyones budger on the collection floor. – less
Typical Collection Agency
Account Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 27, 2014
Pros: typical collection agency
Cons: typical collection agency
Typical collection agency. Not much room for advancement. Hours are based around when customers are at home or getting home. Mostly afternoon and evening shifts.
Great work Environment
Account Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TxMarch 14, 2014
Great work place able to make make good money if you put the work in great work environment. Management there to help you when you need it! Enjoyed working there very much! People are very terrific!
Its OKAY.
Account Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 20, 2014
They have good benefits and the pay was good. The management is not so good, there is a lot of favoritism.
ITS LIKE A SLAVE PLANTATION
Account Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: just to say u have a job
Cons: stressful environment, pay sucks, horrible mgmt staff
LTD is not a good place to work if u have a family or if ur not single. They dont want u to have a personal life. They claim they want u to make money but when u do they find a way to take it from u. And when u dont make money they cut ur pay or fire u. So basically ur in a lose lose situation. But they do have their favorites. This company wont be – more... around much longer. Their pay process sucks!! Your paid a base salary but if u miss time u miss money. And if u work 96 hrs in a pay period then u'll still get paid the same amt u would in an 80 hr pay period. Alot of favortism is shown. Also the HR dept, is very messy. The mgmt staff keeps up more mess than anyone. And they will nver blame the product if ur not making money, they'll blame u always. The company treats u like they own u. The mgmt staff talks to u like a child and they dont like it when u speak up for urself. Its draining, stressful, messy & unorganized. Oh and they say u have to schedule ur vacation 30 days in advance. But its still up to the director in ur dept if he/she will give it to u or not. And now tax season is coming around we were told that vacation request approvals will be limiten Seems like the labor board will be involved next. I HATE THIS PLACE!! I pray God answers my prayers on another employer i ve applied to calls.me back. Its time for me to get away!! – less
production oriented
Collector (Former Employee), houstonDecember 16, 2013
Pros: good advancement opportunity
Cons: production pressure
this company requires constant (what I would call) harassing phone calls to debtors.
Not a positive environment
Customer Service Representative/Collector (Former Employee), Houston, TexasNovember 27, 2013
Pros: you get to meet so many different people.
A was there for a year. Negative place to work almost everyone there is trying to leave. If you are not an butt kisser or a yes ma'am no sir type of person. You aren't going to make it. If you do become employed there the worse department is Geoffrey's department. He is beyond heartless. You want have to worry about a previous Monique she was demoted – more... for being so messy.

Bill's department is not as much money but you can go home with a piece of mind. Roxy and Wilma are fantastic mangers to work under.

If change is not something you are use to then this will be challenging. Geoffrey shows favoritism to this guy name Charlie.

The most enjoyable part of this job is leaving at the end of the day. – less
I HATE MY JOB, RUN DON'T APPLY, Long but please read!!!
Customer Service Collections Rep- Full-time (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 17, 2013
Pros: a steady 40 hours
Cons: disorganized, boring, soul sucking environment, not enough pay for the mistreatment given, shady atmosphere
Ltd Financial Services is a shady place to work. There are managers there that sneak around looking and waiting for you to mess up so they can report it to the Director. There are rules that some people can get away with breaking versus others. Extremely, unnecessarily strict place to work, especially as far as dress code is concern. You can't even – more... stand by the window while on your break (weird). Beware!! They have a zero tolerance for cell phones on the floor yet they monitor any personal calls made to your desk.

Some how, when you work 80hrs a pay check vs when you work an 88 hr paycheck, you receive the same amount of money on your paycheck (weird). It's a salary job yet they monitor the hours you work and the days you take off, and your pay is reduced if you do not work the allotted amount of hours for that pay period. They frown upon taking days off by the way, even if you're sick or have kids that need your attention. There's not a sense of compassion, empathy, or an understanding between management and the representatives.

I lost my grandmother a month ago and asked about Bereavement and was told by the director that they don't offer bereavement, which I found out later was a lie.

You call 300+ calls a day and only contact about 15 people a day, about 10 of those people are telling you wrong number, and 3 of those people have hung up on you. You sit there for 8hr and call consumers just to listen to voicemails yet they still expect you to meet your payment quota.

You are graded monthly on a "pass/ fail" or "acceptable/ not acceptable" scale. If you don't meet your monthly quota, you're graded as unacceptable despite the call to contact ratio. I asked my manager how to reach my quota if no one picks up the phone, she didn't have much to say besides keep trying.

This job is extremely boring very easy to fall asleep. You don't get paid enough to get yelled at and mistreated by the consumer as well as get mistreated by the staff you work with.

I feel like this job is extremely unorganized, I've made calls on accounts that don't have the consumer's first name or ssn. How are you suppose to collect on an account where you don't know the person's name on the account.

We work avon accounts ( a company who doesn't report to the credit bureau) where the consumer has no incentive to pay their debt unless they want to sell again. This makes it even harder to collect.

There are Spanish only accounts that you have to weave through because they're in English only queues, which is a waste of time. The dialer ( a computer program that blindly dials numbers, and the account doesn't pop on the screen until the person says hello) dials Spanish accounts so you're automatically connected with a Spanish speaker but you're unaware of that until the person says "bueno". There's hardly any Spanish reps in my department so it's difficult to manage those accounts. The dialer also calls consumers that it's called the day before, which opens the representative up for verbal abuse by the consumer as well as accusations of harassment. We call accounts until 8:55pm which is pretty late and can result in verbal abuse from consumers. For a place that says they value the consumer, they have a terrible way of showing it.

Ltd is currently being audited by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and on the day that they came to the office, management asked that we throw all paper in the trash. We rushed around clearing our desks just minutes before members of the organization walked into the building. The whole thing seemed really shady, like something out of an Enron documentary.

I am truly unhappy with this job and I pray everyday that God blesses me with a better one. As soon as another opportunity comes, I'm turning in my badge. Two weeks notice? ha! What's that!!! – less
lots of stress
collector (Current Employee), San AntonioOctober 10, 2013
Pros: no cap on bonus
Cons: securing bonus 2 month waiting for bonus having 5 days off a month
Been at Ltd sence 2009 same "salary" as when started. You earn your pay then you bonus and you have to secure it the next month or you lose % off what you miss by. Pay is bymonthly
Pay period is 1/15 16/30 mostly work all but 1 weekend a mon with half day fri sat. Base pay around 20k I made over 40 last year
Vague Rules...Unprofessional staff
Account Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 10, 2013
The rules change everyday, the directors are rude, no long term stability!
A friendly place for work
Debt Collector / Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 2, 2013
Money focused management team that trains employee to collect uncollectible debt.
PRODUCTIVE
Account Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 15, 2013
GREAT PLACE TO WORK, ESPECIALLY FOR AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION..
Productive and fun place to work
Assist Managing a group administrators (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: very repetative task
get there at 7:00 am and get ready to monitor calls from various clients, make sure that the colectors follow the FDCPA guidelines, and that they are professional.
Working for this company was a great experience.
Executive Administrator / Compliance Director (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 20, 2012
Pros: i learned a great deal working for this company.
Cons: reached my growth potential within the company.
Typical work day

. Review staff sign in sheets
. Review all emails
. Investigate and respond to any regulatory and customer complaints according to deadline dates.
. Check for any new client procedures (23 clients / Banks)
. Hold clerical meeting (15 minutes) to review changes
. Review the Compliance logs for any previous day violations. (FDCPA) Fair – more... Debt Collection Practices Act
. If violations occurred, review collector's folder for number of previous violations and apply policy and procedure in conference with manager.
. Notate problem accounts such as bankruptcy, consumer credit counseling, paid prior.
Reviewed some work from clerical and compliance staff.

What did you learn

How to manage multiple personalities,
Empathy in the workplace
Organizational skills
Delegate work
motivate staff

I had a great staff who always came to work,I believe they enjoyed their positions.

The hardest part was that I didn't have much personal time. I would go into work at 9 a.m. and leave at 9 or 10 p.m.

This organization valued their hard workers and rewarded them with Rolex watches, trips to Vegas, Electronics.

I received a $500 a month raise almost every year. – less
Productive and good place to work
Collections Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 28, 2012
A typical day at work was to manage and collect money for commercial accounts. I learned to work smart and find more effective ways to get job done.I was proud to manage a group of 20 employees. I did not not have a hard part of my job.The most enjoyable part of the job was working with clients and finding ways to get the bill paid and giving them the – more... best possible arrangement, and at the same time making the company a lot of money. – less
A struggle to stay afloat
Customer Service/Collections (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 23, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management, work atmosphere.
between the ever changing rules and changes in regulations, you are constantly judged on performance. That is understandable on a salary and commission based job except when your performance reviews only have two grades: acceptable and unacceptable performance. If you don't make your quota you automatically receive unacceptable. In an environment where – more... performance is not directly under your control, having your neck on the chopping block every month is not positive environment. – less

Ticha – November 16, 2012

I recently filed out an application with this company, can u tell me how much the position pay.

collections
Bill Collector/Customer Service (Current Employee), houston txOctober 10, 2012
Receive payments and post amounts paid to customer accounts. Locate and monitor overdue accounts, using computers and a variety of automated systems. Record information about financial status of customers and status of collection efforts. Recent reviews scored 100% on customer service and customer satisfaction feedback during collection efforts.
very intense and agressive workplace
Account Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 13, 2012
Pros: fun coworkers, contests
Cons: micromanagemnt
I collected debts daily. WE had to meet quotas monthly and competed to be the top producer. I enjoyed mostly being top producers several months in a row. my co workers and I loved coming up withnew ways to compete. Managemnt was very on egde and intense when it was time to meet quota.

About LTD FINANCIAL SERVICES

In the UK, Bibby Financial Services is the largest non-bank provider of cash flow finance services. We specialize in factoring, – Read more