LUBRIZOL CORPORATION Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Toxic Environment
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXSeptember 4, 2017
Yes this was a plant job that most revere to be financially elite but the company itself as a whole is not a good place to be. It has created a toxic environment for the employees.
Everything is basic
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXAugust 16, 2017
Micromanagment, heavy workload, no appreciation. Don't recommend people to work here. I didn't really enjoy working jere, poor management and very controlling.
Very dirty plant, but good pay
Former Maintenence Technician (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJuly 26, 2017
Very good pay, however from a maintenance standpoint there are a TON of call-outs, very little planning/scheduling so there are a lot of "emergency" work orders. Be ready for your phone to ring all the time. A lot of jobs require fresh air because H2S is almost in every unit. Other materials that are commonly used are very sticky and nasty, and is usually on the floor of most units, but they are trying to make house keeping a priority now. Overall, good people, good company but changes need to made.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Ton of call-outs, and lack of planning
Very good work/life balance
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 22, 2017
No pressure in the work environment
Learned a lot on enterprise level networking and how to it coexists with other teams
Excellent management and compensation
great
Project Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 20, 2017
great pace to work a little slower paced, good opportunities to develop and grow, business challenges force tough changes to be made. Overall a great company
Not what you expect
Technician (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 19, 2017
Big company, Big problems
In this company you cannot know more than the ingenering or plant manager ,
There are techs, whit a lot of experience but don't count,
Not space for grow, have to kiss a..s for opportunity to step up
No respect for the people,
No proper tooling for the job
Supervisors don'tknow have the experience, especially the 2 shift,
Insufficient laser mic.
Also have to move equipment around .
Pros
Good benefit
Cons
Ingenring, plant manager, Hr, need more
Operator
Customer Process Technician (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 5, 2017
Not a good company to work for if you are a female. work culture is not diversified enough, good ole boy system. Management needs more training on being diversified and treating everyone the same regardless of who you are. letting women have a fair chance without the fear of being fired.ggod
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Production
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXMarch 30, 2017
Fast pace of work with a get it done anyway possible attitude. old equipment lots of broken equipment with no urge to fix anything. plenty of train yourself opportunity, high turn around of employees.
Pros
pay
Good Benifits
Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHMarch 7, 2017
a Good place to work, I was there for 6 years. learned a lot, I was from a payroll tax analyst worked my way to as a international tax analyst.

a Good place to work, I was there for 6 years. learned a lot. some manager are great!!
Great people to work with, management is lacking
Operator (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXMarch 5, 2017
The plant is a good place to work at. The fellow operators are good people. The company is ran by the wrong people. Typically make rounds at 700 and 100 and everything that needs your attention in between. Samples every 3 hours
Good pay & benefits
Maintenance Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 27, 2017
Good pay and benefits. Management could use some improvement. Area managers would not enforce working standards for all of its employees.

New employees did not receive adequate training in my opinion.
Productive and nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHFebruary 19, 2017
Lubrizol just went through a 10% job cut across the board. This is a shame as a lot of good people were let go. Otherwise, when I was employed there (I have since retired) it was a great place to work. Managers were completely accessible to their staff and helped out in any way possible. Atmosphere was positive and the culture was very good. It was enjoyable to work there and I was happy in my job.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
10% cut was just made
Excellent company to work for
SAP Architect (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHJanuary 23, 2017
I spent 33 years working for Lubrizol and although many things changed, it was still a great place to work. The salary and benefits were very good and the culture was one of the best I have heard of.
Pros
Good salary, opportunities for advancement
Cons
No bonuses
Great Company/A little full of themselves
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHJanuary 2, 2017
I enjoyed my time here. It was a great company to work for who took care of their employees. The culture can be a but much sometimes. The employees can be a little full of themselves and act above other people because they work at such a lauded company. Aside from that attitude issue they are very well rounded and functional.
Pros
great cafeteria
Cons
pompous attitudes
Provided a workout center for employee
Corporate Security (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OKDecember 4, 2016
The work environment was excellent, management was very attentive to ensuring that employees were well trained and qualified. If there was a problem, they would immediately work to resolve the problem.
Pros
Christmas bonuses yearly
Cons
Job advancement was difficult to achieve
Good overall culture
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Deer ParkJuly 7, 2016
I worked for this company nearly six years. It is a good company with intelligent and dedicated people. Employees who are fair minded and treat one another with respect are the vast majority. There should be no question that good companies are made successful by smart dedicated forward thinking people. It really is all about the people. At Lubrizol I found this to be almost universally true. During my time there I was fortunate to meet the CEO of the company as a part of a group of employees/future leaders and was impressed by his insight into success - both on a business and personal level. I think his views are reflected in the way the company operates. He spoke about sacrifice and constant learning; of being an avid reader and absorber of information; and even of his faith. His insight was moving and I left the meeting impressed by his take on various business and personal matters. I was fortunate enough to met and work with many excellent people. Although I did encounter a few who would do and say almost anything for their individual benefit, I believe (overall) the company stands firm on sound fair principles and employs great people.
Pros
Benefits, work life balance, pay, people
Cons
Isolated(some) Management/issues could be handled uprightly & honestly
productive
operator (Current Employee) –  pittsburghAugust 17, 2015
Great place to work with great benefits.
Many great employees.
Great management.
Most enjoyable part about the job is working from 6am to 230pm.
Currently not working over time but willing to work overtime.
commerical coordinator
Commercial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Leetsdale, PAJuly 13, 2015
Oil industry is in a downturn and job security is non existent. decent starting pay but with no job security its worthless.
Good Experience
Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJuly 5, 2015
My favorite feature of the job is the flex time and the people. There are a lot of good people that I've worked with. Only issue would be the difficulty in documentation, but they are working on that issue.
Good company with excellent benifits
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Deer Park TXApril 6, 2015
Lubrizol is a good company with fair benefits. Lots of room for growth and career advancement. Overall a good company all around.