Lubrizol Employee Reviews in United States

Busy place, very dynamic, friendly co-workers
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHMarch 17, 2016
Given several job assignment at morning meeting, met with persons or groups involved,waited, discussed job requirements, more waiting,
met with more more people involved- Hey there are safety requirements- or pre-work that needed to be done prior to you hands on, so more waiting.

Get my point! Efficiency- not priority, safety is first
Some managers didn't get that!

Well...Least the place was fairly safe, despite...
Pros
Variety of assignments
Cons
Contractor-no benifits
nepotism, favoritism
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2016
Most of managers are friends or related to each other. No chance for anyone else to advance. Almost all of the employees are from the same small town. The 2 operator leads are brothers, and both of the supervisors are also from that same town. Even the trainer is the brother in law of one of the supervisors.He even has another brother in law and a nephew here. The plant manager socializes with this group of people, and couldn't care less about the rest of us.I am surprised that a company as big as Lubrizol allows this.
Pros
somre great hourly employees
Cons
Again, favoritism and nepotism
Family oriented company
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  PAINESVILLE OHIOMarch 21, 2016
Great company to work for.Training was non stop. Safety was a number one priority. For the most part, management genuinely cared about the work force.
Pros
PAID LUNCH AND BREAKS
Cons
ROTATING SHIFT. DAYS/NIGHTS. WORKED HOLIDAYS AND WEEKENDS
Excellent workplace!
Project Manager Intern (Current Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHMarch 19, 2016
Excellent place to work, people are friendly and their culture of sharing knowledge is excellent to learn and develop yourself as a professional.
Great colleagues, challenging job with a great variety of tasks!
Senior Research Chemist (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHJanuary 22, 2016
There wasn't really a "typical" day at work. My time was split as needed on polymer design, synthesis, formulating, testing, consulting, manufacturing, scale-up, HSE issues, brainstorming, patent writing/editing, and much more! The most enjoyable part of the job was being presented with many problem-solving opportunities.
Productive place to work with ping pong table
hvac technician (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHNovember 4, 2015
Best Job I have ever worked at. I agree they had a with a good work culture and safety rules and training. Love the onsite part store.
great enviroment
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 22, 2015
lots of diversity and almost like a family there very tight knit. But the flip side of that is everyone is in your business and gossip spreads quite fast. Management is very approachable and always looking for growth in the company and the employees.
Production
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHJanuary 31, 2013
Most of the plant workforce is under the same amount of stress, without much guidance other than what is passed along verbally. Seeing a definite trend since being aquired to push seasoned employees out while trying to maintain standards which puts a tremendous amount of stress on those employees. Favoritism is rampant, and feels like a high school popularity contest
Pros
excellent pay, benefits
Cons
micro management, overbearing management
Productive work place
Net Developer (Current Employee) –  OHFebruary 9, 2015
It is also a wonderful place to develop a successful career. The culture is wonderful and employees are encouraged to be innovators in everything they do

Great culture
Production Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 3, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Lubrizol. It was a great place to work surrounded by great people. There is a lot to learn and a lot to keep you busy.. The pay was comparable to everyone else in industry.The only negative is the company hires very lean and there isn't the best work life balance.
Pros
great work environment, comparable pay
Cons
work-life balance can use some work
small company
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  TXMay 14, 2014
12 Hrs rotating shift. making round, taking samples, batch process, trouble shooting problems
*learn the batch process
*management seems to be more for the company and not the emplyoees
*I have a very diverse group of co-workers
* the hardest part of the job is working with people that have done the same thing for the past 30 years and can't change to new ideas.
*the most enjoyable part of the job is when i make good product for a customer.
Pros
company discounts
Cons
the training
Productive and fun workplace
Internship Student (Current Employee) –  Brecksville, OHOctober 21, 2014
A great company to work for. Joined a creative group, learned new skills and how they think about problems. I really like their company culture.
por safety,management
production operator (Former Employee) –  californiaDecember 11, 2014
For a medical company, too many problems with the quality of the product, not the operators people who is in charge to make decisions,
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too many.
sticky
Senior I&E Technician (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXMay 27, 2015
sticky, good pay, little bonuses, lots of call outs, operators inexperienced, lots of manual labor, getting more automated everyday, lots of expanding
Some like it, Some dont
Operator (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJune 7, 2012
I have worked for lubrizol for 5 years with some good days and alot of bad ones. This can be a good place to work if your in the right place.
Pros
great pay, bonus
Cons
bad management practices
great place to work if you want to die
production operator (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXFebruary 5, 2013
Safety is a joke , you can not trust anyone in management .If you want something done you have to do it yourself. Lubrizol has been going down hill and is not what they claim to be. STRESS STRESS STRESS!!!
Pros
pay
Cons
to many to list
Tough work with long hours
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAFebruary 15, 2015
I did enjoy this job but, when I work there the hours made working a strange feeling. It felt like even when I was off I was working or going back to work. Especially when I worked over time.
Pros
overtime was easy
Cons
12 hr days
Fun Workplace
R&D Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHMarch 13, 2013
Pros
free lunches
Fun Workplace
R&D Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHMarch 13, 2013
Developed patented method to produce high density (99%) titanium alloys from low cost, cold compacted, blended elemental powders. These materials exhibited near wrought properties at much lower cost than other near net shape technique. Worked on oxidation and corrosion resistant coatings for gas turbine hardware. One of these coatings became a standard treatment used on a variety of turbine blades. I was instrumental in coating engine evaluating test results, scaling up the process, and training vendors.
Pros
free lunches
Big corp
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHApril 27, 2014
Came in as a contractor. Was told I would never look for another job in my life. When it comes down to it, I think that there was just too much bureaucracy. Its a shame really. Also, the plant runs 24/7/356 which led to issues with being home for the family.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
bureaucracy