Lucas Group Employee Reviews

Very professional company
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75244September 13, 2017
Lucas Group is a placement agency for Accounting jobs and I really like the fact that they kept me working, until I was hired full time with the assignment I was on
Work/life balance
Executive Senior Partner / Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 7, 2017
If you like Autonomy, this is the place to work!!! Excellent benefits and compensation package! You are rewarded with your own efforts. Work/Life Balance and Flexibility!
good start
Senior Partner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 31, 2017
lucas group is a good place to start your career as a recruiter. they have effective training and incentives to perform such as company trips and annual meetings
Good place, but organization is stagnating from the old timers
Military Candidate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2017
I worked in the Military Candidate Recruiting section (half-desk)

-Great CEO personality wise, but she isn't good at making decisions
-Compensation is commission against draw and the splits are still set up from when LG was the ONLY game in town finding jobs for people, so you could bill more back then with less effort.
-More private sector competition, generation of Millennials that can do their own job search online from a smartphone, smarter online apps for job search, nonprofit job search companies, the military placing candidates on its own, etc are CRUSHING this company's old fashioned ways.
-Only the tenured partners are making any money from this place. Less tenured have a hard time achieving partner status due to mathematical splits and general volume of business.
-Most partners have been there for 10+ years and have a hard time not seeing changes in the recruiting field, so the company has a lack of adaptability to emerging market conditions.
-Junior Candidate Recruiter jobs there have been treated like a joke for years in terms of compensation. If you can keep your draw low (single person with no mortgage or retiree on their second job with another source of income), you might make $50k per year, perhaps $60k if you are lucky.
-My boss once told me to make any money, you have to be an Account Executive (client recruiter) since the splits are better.
-Company won't go to a base salary plus commission structure like other companies have in the industry since they are cheap and the company is addicted to the commission against draw system that no longer
  more... works to keep talented recruiters, so there is a HIGH turnover of junior members of the team (less than 2 years on average).  less
Pros
Unlimted paid time off
Cons
low compensation
Left underwhelmed and unimpressed
Executive Search Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2017
Position started off fine but then became more cutthroat. They have a "What have you done for me lately attitude?" The draw really doesn't allow big billers to make the money they would a lot of other places. Once you start to add up the money you bring home along with the time you spend on individual deals it doesn't make sense. Every client wants the same kind of candidate and the larger the team is; the fewer there are of those candidates so it becomes a shark tank.

No real opportunities for advancement outside of title changes based on your billings, however, your billings don't stop the draw. Makes no sense to me because there is really no incentive in staying there long term. If you want to continue being a worker bee and make the company tons of money while you get a sales trip that you still have to pay taxes on, then it's the company for you.

The CEO has a great story about how she started and where she is now. But I think she is too far removed from the daily grind and has missed the mark in terms of compensation for employees.

Unlimited PTO is the only good thing here and you use it sparingly just because the nature of the business you don't want to be out for long. Find another company that gives you a base plus commission, even if it's a smaller amount. At least you don't come to work feeling like you are "in the hole" until a deal closes, the person starts, and the company pays. That can sometimes be a 2-6 month process.
Pros
Pto
Cons
No advancement, no ongoing training, favoritism
Phone much
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 11, 2017
All I seemed to do was cold call... the job got very boring and it got boring fast... If you want a desk job this is for you. It was rewarding placing candidates, but that was it.
Great place to work with a relaxed culture
Senior Executive Search Consultant - IT Group (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2017
I enjoyed working for the company virtually. Work life balance was great and really enjoyed working from home. Only complaint was that work was not steady.
Great Training Environment for Jr. Recruiters
Executive Recruiter - Accounting & Finance (Former Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCJune 13, 2017
Lucas Group has one of the best training programs. If you had no experience with recruiting, they will bring you up to speed. The compensation is a bit rough in comparison to the average recruiter salary
Pros
Training, Industry exposure
Cons
Compensation
Tough environment to work for but that was years ago
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2017
I dont think it was the company per say. Just the people you work with. Different now. I would work there again if I would or could have the opportunity. Different managing partner. Good guy.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Been so long. Last employees ........They seem OK now.
Stressful and unfriendly
Senior Recruiter, Engineering & Construction (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2017
Recruiting professionals required excellent communication skills. I was very successful in that position. Most of the other recruiters I worked with were mercenary and impersonal.
Pros
Goood pay
Cons
Commission sales
Great culture and great management
Executive Search Consultant (Sales & Marketing) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 22, 2017
Don't have a bad thing to say about Lucas Group. They are extremely understanding if you have any personal issues come up. They offer a great work life balance, and the company's culture is amazing. Everyone is extremely welcoming and definitely easy to befriend.
Pros
nice office, great people, flexible hours, etc
Cons
Hard to get out of your back draw
The management is a joke and the office is a dump
Executive Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2016
Let me just start by saying I am an experienced recruiter and these people do not know how to manage or motivate individuals. They make promises they cant keep and don't promote from within.

Unprofessional organization with a straight commission paycheck.
Pros
work life balance is ok
Cons
no growth, poor ofc environment, management is lacking
Learned a lot
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2016
Learned a lot. Great team work. Enjoyed my time at the company
Great to have an opportunity to learn from others. Small corporate office at the time
Good Company
Business Development Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2016
Solid company, great opportunity, and great work environment if you like to be self-managed with little overhead. Pay is fair for New York City.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
The nature of recruiting is long hours
Difficult job but rewarding
Senior Executive Search Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 11, 2015
This job is difficult to begin and takes a lot of hard work, time, and effort. It takes about 2 years before you really begin to reap the benefits. It's exciting but can be very defeating for the faint of heart.
Check errors
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2015
Due to their billing error, I did not get paid for 2 weeks, which caused me to pay an additional $300 for late rent fees, plus an eviction report going on my credit. They did not care.

I am on an indefinite assignment, which means that I do not get PTO or health insurance. Disappointing that they do not fight for me to get hired on, especially when other permanent positions have opened up, yet I am not allowed to apply for them.
Pros
Direct deposit, decent pay
Cons
No health insurance, no PTO, not getting a perm position
Fun work place with ping pong table
Senior Executive Search Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2015
Good company but very volatile, it is directly impacted by any changes in the market. Compensation (commission/draw plan) is difficult. Great management but no growth opportunity.
Pros
Free happy hours, lunches, and fun holiday events
Cons
very difficult pay structure, no growth opportunity
Excellent place to work if you do not mind 100% commission with a back draw.
Executive Search Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 28, 2014
Would have been nice to have a little more support for new employees.
Its a Employment Agency but I love it!
Club Select Coordinator at Diamond Resorts Int'l (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 20, 2014
I have always been placed in a position that was perfect for me. They really work hard to keep you working and send you to assignments that exactly fit what you are looking for.
Pros
Great job placement
Terrible support
sdasdfsadf (Former Employee) –  sadfsadfsdfJune 11, 2014
You cannot get a straight answer out of the recruiters. They are terrible. Avoid them at all costs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lucas Group. Our community is ready to answer.