Lucent Polymers Employee Reviews in United States

Blender/ Blender (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 31, 2016
It is a great place to work with a awesome work schedule and a lot team work. It is a job that you want to wake up and go to every day. Managers work well with employees and it has a lot of room for advancement!
Pros
rotating work schedule
Cons
alot of overtime
very productive
lab technician (Former Employee) –  Poseyville, INApril 19, 2015
test product per customer specification, I learned to use assorted lab devices and tools. My coworkers were fantastic. The hardest part of my job was the last minute details that would get added that had to be finished.
Pros
being close to home
Cons
no heat or air
Hope you like working with drug and sex offenders.
Extrusion Operator/shift lead/blending lead. (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 13, 2014
Spent years of my life there with nothing but scars to show for it due to poor equipment and horrible working conditions. Management was a joke, cutting corners in product quality just to increase their own production bonus, then writing up employees when the products would get refused by the customers. Always undermanned because employees were always having to take days off for drug court and probation/parole meetings. Poorly ventilated buildings with zero climate control.
Pros
i don't work there anymore.
Cons
zero employee support by management.
Good starting point for a family man!
asst shiftlead (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 15, 2013
My husband has worked @ lucent for 4 yrs we have been able to rause 6 children with his income. I am unemployed undergraduate and I accoplished that thru my husband job security. Dec a good place to start out and move up quickly. Just likr all jobs there r sone bad things and ppl but I feel its worth a shot for ur family. They also havr great benefits for the emp. And family
Pros
great pay benefits
Cons
long hard hours
productive ink company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 21, 2013
operated a blender with various plastics and different materials. Learned about toners, dies and pigments. Management not all that helpful. Coworkers were a blast in spite of harsh work conditions. Hardest part was the fumes, dusts, dies, toners and the shoveling of thousands of pounds each day. Nothing to enjoy
Cons
fumes and dusts
Treat staff better
Blend Technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 3, 2012
People in higher positions could respect the fact that they have a great job and good wages and treat others like we also appreciate that we at least are working and are making our best effort for OUR families at home, Not all apples in the bunch are bad, just assume is a bad thing,
Pros
being able to work
Cons
not being able to work
Average work place
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Poseyville, INAugust 4, 2013
Typical day was Dirty and Mentally tough, management from top down was great. I learned how to manage employees. My co-workers were good. The hardest part of my job was long hours. I loved Day shift.
Pros
day shift
Cons
low wages
Place is dangerous and hard to make a living at.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Poseyville, INAugust 10, 2014
I worked there for two years and did not receive a raise. Multiple people were hurt, including a 20 year old male getting five fingers chopped off in a palletizer.
Steady work with benefits
Extruder Operator (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 29, 2012
steady work with benefits my day consists of alot of walking multitasking.
Pros
401k insurance paid holidays
Cons
low wages

2.6