Senior Lead Technical Support Engineer
LucidWorks is the commercial company behind Apache/Lucene Solr, the world’s leading open source search platform. These cutting edge technologies power critical search apps at thousands of businesses worldwide both large and small – including Netflix, IBM, Twitter, LinkedIn, and dozens of other household names. Our team includes leading contributors and committers to the Lucene project, as well as experts in enterprise search, distributed computing, Big Data and scalability.
Our product is offered as an on-premise enterprise software and also as a cutting edge cloud based SaaS both on AWS and the Azure platforms.
LucidWorks is currently looking to hire a Senior Technical Support Engineer to be part of our Technical Support group.
- Establish yourself as a credible, reliable, likable, genuine, and trustworthy technical support engineer to your customers.
- Provide expert-level support services to a wide range of customers with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Resolve complex search issues in and around the Lucene/Solr ecosystem.
- Reproduce product issues and open bugs to work in collaboration with our engineering team to provide timely solutions to our customers.
- Document case solutions into knowledge base articles that are later available to our customer base in our knowledge center.
- Identify opportunities to provide customers with additional value through follow-on products and/or services.
- Communicate high-value use cases and customer feedback to our Product Development and Engineering teams.
- Contribute to the open source community by donating needed bug fixes and improvements; answering message boards; documenting existing code; and blogging.
- Share our ‘on-call’ load with the rest of the technical support team.
- Lead the management and modification of existing tools (Zendesk and integration with Jira)
- 2 or more years of hands-on Lucene/Solr experience preferred.
- BS or higher in Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
- 4 or more years of experience in a technical support role as a level 2-3 technical support engineer that is customer facing.
- Experience leading a small team of tech support engineers is highly desirable
- Experience with technical support CRM systems (Salesforce, Zendesk etc.)
- Familiarity with common technical support processes.
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers via different communications means (email, phone etc).
- Java knowledge a plus.
- Some experience with common scripting languages (Perl/Python/Ruby).
- Exposure to other related open source projects (Mahout, Hadoop, Tika, etc.) a plus.
- Experience with other commercial and open source search technologies a plus.
- Enterprise Search, eCommerce, and/or Business Intelligence experience a plus.
- Experience working in a startup a plus.
- Support Mindset: curious, natural problem solver, great listener, great communicator.
- Startup Energy: driven, resourceful, innovative, passionate, self-motivated.
- Team Player: friendly, helpful, engaging, dependable, company focused, eager to collaborate.
- Confidence without attitude.
Indeed - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
LucidWorks (formerly known as Lucid Imagination) is the trusted name in Search, Discovery and Analytics, delivering the only...