Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford Employee Reviews

The people in the pediatric specialty and scheduling are cool but stressed to the max
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Lucille Packard @CPMCMay 13, 2016
Worked at CPMC for Lucille Packard the employees are so stressed they are micro managed by consultants they bring in. There is so much work that you can barely keep up. They work you and their temps like slaves and when you want to transfer to another dept. they stop it. The only good thing about the job is there are some cool people in the dept. Made some good friend the pay is good and benefits. If they don't like you you will be out of there. They don't get back to you to set up your desk so you don't have injury. They will work you with an injury until your injury or stress is so bad that therapy doesn't help. You would think with this company being so big there could get it right. The employees there work so hard especially the ones who been there for years but they don't even get the recognition they deserve.
Pros
Good Pay and benefits
Cons
Too much work and not enough help
Great Place to work at.
CLINICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto CAJanuary 24, 2016
Great Managements. Very liable company. Fun place to work at. Employees are very caring and very helpful. Managements and Leads were always there to help you and ready to train. Great environment. I have learned a lot in short time of period. My most enjoyable part of the job was that I enjoyed what I did.
Great co-workers and physicians
Unit Secretary/CNA (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 26, 2016
Wonderful place to work. I enjoyed the co-workers I had as much as the physicians and management staff. Everyone was always on the same team. Something I really appreciated.
Pros
Support environment, always room to grow and learn
Cons
Day shifts can be hard to come by and off hours can make family life difficult
good place to work
Phlebotomy Tech at the South Bay Clinic (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAMay 23, 2016
On a typical day I would do front office duties, answer phones, check in and out patients, answer phones, return faxes.

Also, I would room patients, take vitals, take basic medical history, if needed do medication refill.

Also, would draw blood and collect urine samples
productive work
Clinical Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 18, 2015
I love my job and I love the Institution except I need to explore beyond my field. Management needs improvement. My co workers are lazy, the most enjoyable part of the job is every 3 months when the whole department get together for lunch.
Pros
great compensation and benefits
Cons
no free lunches
Very healthy environment
Recreational Therapy Volunteer at LPCH (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAAugust 29, 2015
At Lucile Packard's Children's Hospital, all the employees collaborated with each other and tried to make the children's wellbeing as easy as possible. Patients were always going through pain so employees tried their best to sooth them and adjust to their needs. In addition, siblings, especially little ones, became cranky waiting for their ill brother or sister so employees tried to help them as well. Employees also tried to help patient's parents and other family members too. Parents who dropped their children into the recreational therapy playroom, often got coffee or food breaks.
Typical Day at work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 18, 2013
Huddle-review information for the day, highlight special notes from management/education/infection control/celebrate accomplishments
Get Busy-organize supplies and equipment for the day after a review of the schedule.
Meet parents/patients, assess and confirm surgical process knowledge after handoff by pre op staff. Assist parents, patients, and anesthesia staff with parent present induction. Assist surgical team during the procedure. Assist anesthesia staff with extubation/emergence. Handoff report to post anesthesia nursing staff. Repeat. If there is a delay, show new staff the best cafeteria on campus with the less-than-two-dollar sandwiches! The hardest part is hearing about a young cancer patient dying. The most enjoyable part is assisting new residents and nursing students to learn about the perioperative process.
Pros
amazing facility, knowledgeable medical and nursing staff.
Cons
constant lean methodology without effective communication.
Excellent pediatric hospital, management and staff care about the patients.
Business Manager/Owner (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 6, 2014
Excellent in leadership, management, financial expertise. Work well with all levels of the organization. Customer service is critical in every business. The co-workers all work very diligently in accomplishing the organizations goals. A typical day is resolving Directors and Managers in financial accounts, service contracts, advising my management in compliance/regulatory in financial and contractual aspects.
Pros
very patients mission driven, management is top notch
Great Company
Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  palo alto, caMarch 18, 2015
So far this has been a great company to work for.
Supportive team members and management.
The most enjoyable part about working for this company is knowing that your needs will be met in order to succeed.
Pros
laid back environment
Cons
limited flexibility with hours
Love helping people in the work place at a friendly warm environment!
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palo AltoSeptember 7, 2015
Warm,caring and friendly hospital to work at! Working a comfortable environment with diversity.Enjoy working at Lucile Packard Children's hospital and also Stanford Hospital.
Pros
Not too long for a commute to work!
Cons
45 minutes to drive to work!
5 yr placement in temporary role
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 24, 2014
Coming from the Corporate world this was a very unique position for me. I never worked in a health care facility let alone one with children. There never was a "typical" day, management has their own issues and agenda and my co-workers were so overworked it was disheartening to say the least. But once I was there for a few months people began to see the value of what the position offered and how I could make their day a little easier. This was the "enjoyable" part of this position.
Rewarding experience
Spanish Relief Medical Interpreter/Translator (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 1, 2013
I can honestly say that I love going to work each day for Interpreter Services at LPCH. Helping children and their families in very vulnerable situations by being the bridge of communication between them and the providers is immensely rewarding and satisfying. I can go home even after the hardest day and know that I have helped someone. Interpreter Services management is supportive but also new to the department and there are of course growing pains that are slowly working themselves out.

Maybe one of the hardest parts of the job is being recognized as a professional. There is a feeling among many providers, especially those who may speak a little of a foreign language, that what we do can be done by anyone who has even the most cursory of language skills, and therefore they don't appreciate what you do. It often takes a provider making an egregious error simply because they felt that their beginning-level Spanish was sufficient to care for a child, to see that ours is an invaluable service.
Pros
rewarding atmosphere, supportive department
Cons
insufficient hours for cost-of-living
A rewarding place to work for
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 3, 2015
A great place to work for but the department lacked support from the management team. Management should set time to train new employees instead of having others train the new employee on critical protocols.
Productive enjoyable co-workers and staff
Executive Assistant - Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 27, 2012
Productive enjoyable workplace, helpful co-workers, open respectful management team. I experienced nothing but positive feedback with respect to questions and information given to perform my assignment effectively.
Pros
access to good reliable transportation
Cons
healthcare
Family oriented
Admitting and Authorizations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 7, 2015
LPCH at Stanford is a children's medical practice. We seen patients of suffering from many illnesses and disease. I started as a admission coordinator in the main admitting department. After 3 years I transferred to the Insurance Authorizations department, where I was an insurance liaison for the patients and their families. I would also obtain prior authorizations for scheduled procedures. On a daily bases I would register patients, schedule appointments, assist the physicians with their daily calendar and travel arrangements. I enjoyed working in a fast paced and professional environment.
Student Nurse
Senior Nursing Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 28, 2015
Great hospital that focuses on family-centered care. One of the best hospitals in the United States solely focused on infants, children and pregnant women.
A great place to learn and teach
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 1, 2015
This job as a traveler was one of the best jobs I have had to date. The assistant manager was a joy to work for and willing to accommodate the best way she could. Most of the staff was very accepting and great teachers. Although some of them had been nurses longer than I have they were willing to learn a few things from me also. I guess the hardest thing about this job was how finances played such a part in how much help was on the floor which in turn decreased patient satisfaction and safety at times.
Lpch
Research Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Hospital wideDecember 27, 2012
Excellent institution with broad support for continuing education, consistent investment in growth of the individual, the team and the science, nested in a culture of innovation that is what makes LPCH the state of the art of human health meets healing.
Pros
culture
Cons
work a lot!
Excellent Pediatric Hospital
Pediatric Full-Time Relief Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJuly 11, 2013
Seeking committed benefited local care coordination case management employment
Pros
cutting edge research and patient care
Cons
no breaks, expensive parking, constant construction, difficult to enter and long walks to depart
Great Place to Start
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 25, 2014
I worked in scheduling and just did basic account and insurance verification. Great management, but I was a temp, so I didn't get to stay on very long once the project was done.

4.3