Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford

Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford Employee Reviews

they ride on reputation alone
Relief Dietetic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 20, 2017
Reputation and name are not indicators of quality of patient care! be warned! The staff are nasty, the management is not well trained and has no empathy for employees.
An amazing organization who's living up to their mission
Manager Periop. Svcs. and Resp. Care Business Ops (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 19, 2017
Stanford Children's Health | Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford is an amazing organization, which has provided many opportunities and heavily invested in me as a professional and individual. Their commitment to their mission of providing Extraordinary Care, Continual Learning and Breakthrough Discoveries is exhibited from the bottom up.
Pros
Great benefits, amazing colleagues and beautiful surroundings
Do not recommend
Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 12, 2017
By far the worst place I have ever worked. Horrible culture starting with pre-madonna physicians who are catered to and do not appreciate the work of all who support them. Upper management allows this type of behavior by the physicians and so front life staff typically get treated poorly and are overworked. The organization is a complete mess and has little to no standard policies or practices in place. Employees feel burnt out so in turn treat each other poorly.
Pros
healthcare coverage
Cons
overworked, underappreciated, poor managment
Horrible
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 12, 2017
You do NOT want to work here. Management does not know what they are doing. Employees are overly stressed and take it out on one and another. Please do not consider!
Cons
Horrible communication and manager did not want to be there
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 13, 2017
Great hospital and staff to work with but management was very difficult to communicate with and they did not seem to care at all about their travelers.
Pros
patients, staff, facilities
Cons
manager and communication
lpch internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAJune 28, 2017
I worked in Human Resources, the Respiratory department and the gift shop. I priced items, alphabetized files, restocked the respiratory closets and shelves and collected dirty respiratory equipment.
Pros
buying lunch
Fun place to work
Intern rotations food services, hospital shop (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA 94305June 28, 2017
I would restock the gift shop. I liked to find missing items and restock the candy and toys. My boss was good because he was a good teacher. The people here are kind and helpful.
Lcph
Internship Housekeeping Department (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAJune 26, 2017
I enjoyed my time with LCPH, I did many different positions at the hospital. Housekeeping and Surgical Pathology. Thank you for your time. -Blake
Traineeship
Art Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 13, 2017
Hours as well as availability is set by the trainee, the staff work with trainee to provide what is necessary to practice. As an Art Therapist/ MFT trainee, you are not on the top of the priority list, so seeing patients can be interrupted or canceled due to other staff members needing time with the patient. The hardest part was that it was an in-patient setting. Once you were able to work with someone and get to know them they were discharged.
Rewarding Career
Weekend Rad Tech (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 31, 2017
Lucile Packard has been to best hospital I've ever worked at. Management is very fair, the staff from EVS up to Physicians are all great at what they do and great people. Wages were VERY competitive.
fun place to work
Radiological Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAMay 20, 2017
If you love working with children, this is the place. Most rewarding job I have ever had. Everyone working seemed to want to be there for the children and their families.
Excellent people
Director of Food Services (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 25, 2017
This work environment is excellent for employees. The care from the executive suites and leader of the hospital are extraordinary.

The employees are trying their best for the children and expecting mom.
The detail care process are exceeding the expectations.
The hospital is clean and organized.
Pros
very friendly and care.
Cons
managers and leaders are work very very hard
Lacking maturity and professionalism
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAApril 3, 2017
There are bad seeds everywhere, but here (Accounting/Finance/Revenue) it is not addressed correctly and even encouraged for the passing of one sided information, gossip, incorrect messages. Most have blinders on, no real compassion for fellow workers, look out for yourself attitude. Insecurity, immaturity, and lack of professionalism or experience breeds this kind of culture.
Great place to work at
Pediatric Dialysis Unit as a Patient Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 13, 2017
Great pediatric hospital that treats the childrens/patients with the best care one could ask for. The units are small and are staffed very well. There is a float team of nurses that helps out as needed.
great place
Patient Access Rep. II (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 10, 2017
great to work this place is currently going through some growing pains but staff is great and are committed to moving forward the new expansion of the hospital.
Busy department but great fun
Perinatal Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 4, 2017
I had a wonderful time there. Co workers were hard working and doctors were very kind. Learned a lot while I was there. It is a demanding job but very worth the time and effort.
Great place
Radiology IS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 24, 2017
I was a consultant that traveled to Palo Alto every week from out of state. The people that work at Childrens hospital a very smart and everyone is caring.
The best job ever
Intake coordinator for specialties (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 26, 2016
Opened in 1991, the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford is the heart and soul
I have been working at Stanford Children's Health full-time (More than 4 years)

Great Doctors , Coworkers , and the best care I seen for are patient.
Pros
Best benefits
Cons
No cons
Certified Medical Assistant
Medical/Clinic Assistant Float (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 17, 2016
Stanford is a high pace volume hospital with more than 20 different specialty clinics. In a typical day working my job duties are.

Registering/ Checking in patients
Checking out
insurance verifying
authorizations
vitals
injections
appointment scheduling
lab data entry
Pros
Free lunches. great pay
Cons
short lunches, long commute
Fun, casual medical office.
Medical Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Stanford Medical CenterJuly 14, 2016
No shortage of filing!! and patients check ins, inquiry, appointment setting...busy busy office.

No real downside, I really enjoyed doing my intern here, wasn't able to accept position due to the commute.
Pros
Light hearted team, Down to earth but professional MD and staff
Cons
commute (for me anyways -1-2hrs + each day)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2