Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford Employee Reviews

Great Company
Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee), palo alto, caMarch 18, 2015
Pros: laid back environment
Cons: limited flexibility with hours
So far this has been a great company to work for.
Supportive team members and management.
The most enjoyable part about working for this company is knowing that your needs will be met in order to succeed.
A rewarding place to work for
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMarch 3, 2015
A great place to work for but the department lacked support from the management team. Management should set time to train new employees instead of having others train the new employee on critical protocols.
A great place to learn and teach
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAFebruary 1, 2015
This job as a traveler was one of the best jobs I have had to date. The assistant manager was a joy to work for and willing to accommodate the best way she could. Most of the staff was very accepting and great teachers. Although some of them had been nurses longer than I have they were willing to learn a few things from me also. I guess the hardest thing about this job was how finances played such a part in how much help was on the floor which in turn decreased patient satisfaction and safety at times.
Family oriented
Admitting and Authorizations Coordinator (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJanuary 7, 2015
LPCH at Stanford is a children's medical practice. We seen patients of suffering from many illnesses and disease. I started as a admission coordinator in the main admitting department. After 3 years I transferred to the Insurance Authorizations department, where I was an insurance liaison for the patients and their families. I would also obtain prior authorizations for scheduled procedures. On a daily bases I would register patients, schedule appointments, assist the physicians with their daily calendar and travel arrangements. I enjoyed working in a fast paced and professional environment.
Great place to volunteer
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CANovember 21, 2014
Lots of fun, learned a lot, great employees and a great cause
Great place for pediatric rehab
Rehab Services Volunteer (Current Employee), Menlo Park, CANovember 17, 2014
I have learned a lot and I have started volunteering for a short time. Observing the physical therapists with their patients has helped cement my goals of becoming a pediatric physical therapist.
Excellent pediatric hospital, management and staff care about the patients.
Business Manager/Owner (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: very patients mission driven, management is top notch
Excellent in leadership, management, financial expertise. Work well with all levels of the organization. Customer service is critical in every business. The co-workers all work very diligently in accomplishing the organizations goals. A typical day is resolving Directors and Managers in financial accounts, service contracts, advising my management in compliance/regulatory in financial and contractual aspects.
Fun place to work for.
Desktop Support Technician Contractor (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAOctober 1, 2014
Fun place to work for, but no job security if you are in IT. Hard to get a permanent job and benefits.
Great Place to Start
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAAugust 25, 2014
I worked in scheduling and just did basic account and insurance verification. Great management, but I was a temp, so I didn't get to stay on very long once the project was done.
5 yr placement in temporary role
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJune 24, 2014
Coming from the Corporate world this was a very unique position for me. I never worked in a health care facility let alone one with children. There never was a "typical" day, management has their own issues and agenda and my co-workers were so overworked it was disheartening to say the least. But once I was there for a few months people began to see the value of what the position offered and how I could make their day a little easier. This was the "enjoyable" part of this position.
Pediatric resident
Teaching Senior (Former Employee), StanfordJune 23, 2014
typical resident work - working about 80 hours a week through various different specialties while working 30% of the time at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
Great place to work,
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Stanford, CAMay 4, 2014
A typical day is very busy and you never know what is going to happen but I enjoy working here and making a difference in the healthcare industry. The hardest part of my job is when I walk down the hall and see all of the sick children if just breaks my heart but on the other hand I know they are getting the best care possible,
Fun workplace with great networking possibilities
Pharmacy Technician / Abstractor (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAMay 1, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: commute
Great place to work at and allows you to get in touch with many great people thereby opening up possibilities
Great hospital with excellent medical staff and environment
Senior Capstone Nursing Student (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAApril 28, 2014
I learned how to be a more organized nurse who utilizes the nursing process in every step throughout the day. The staff was all very nice and welcoming to a nursing student, and I feel lucky to have been placed there.
Fun and productive place to work at.
Family Resource Library (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: free drink each time
I get to interact with different patience everyday and listen to their story which is very rewarding. Being able to help patience with what they need and to interact with their parents is great.
All 'bout location
rerferrals (Current Employee), californiaNovember 21, 2013
depends which dept you work for. best of luck to you! my co workers were the best part of my day. all about where you work. might get lucky and love your job or hate it.
Rewarding experience
Spanish Relief Medical Interpreter/Translator (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CASeptember 1, 2013
Pros: rewarding atmosphere, supportive department
Cons: insufficient hours for cost-of-living
I can honestly say that I love going to work each day for Interpreter Services at LPCH. Helping children and their families in very vulnerable situations by being the bridge of communication between them and the providers is immensely rewarding and satisfying. I can go home even after the hardest day and know that I have helped someone. Interpreter Services management is supportive but also new to the department and there are of course growing pains that are slowly working themselves out.

Maybe one of the hardest parts of the job is being recognized as a professional. There is a feeling among many providers, especially those who may speak a little of a foreign language, that what we do can be done by anyone who has even the most cursory of language skills, and therefore they don't appreciate what you do. It often takes a provider making an egregious error simply because they felt that their beginning-level Spanish was sufficient to care for a child, to see that ours is an invaluable service.
Busy seven suite Operating Room with multiple services
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAJuly 21, 2013
Pros: great surgeons, fun co-workers
Cons: seeing sick kids
Brand new operating rooms with a lot of growing pains. New construction as we speak to add six more OR suites. Staff is a very close knit group that enjoy doing activities together during days off. The surgeons are among the best in the business and are great to work with. It is a very difficult place to work for the weak of heart, working with sick children and knowing the outcomes can be very difficult to accept for some people but knowing that what we do will help their quality of life. Working with great surgeons and a great staff of peers.
Excellent Pediatric Hospital
Pediatric Full-Time Relief Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Stanford, CAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: cutting edge research and patient care
Cons: no breaks, expensive parking, constant construction, difficult to enter and long walks to depart
Seeking committed benefited local care coordination case management employment
Typical Day at work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAApril 18, 2013
Pros: amazing facility, knowledgeable medical and nursing staff.
Cons: constant lean methodology without effective communication.
Huddle-review information for the day, highlight special notes from management/education/infection control/celebrate accomplishments
Get Busy-organize supplies and equipment for the day after a review of the schedule.
Meet parents/patients, assess and confirm surgical process knowledge after handoff by pre op staff. Assist parents, patients, and anesthesia staff with parent present induction. Assist surgical team during the procedure. Assist anesthesia staff with extubation/emergence. Handoff report to post anesthesia nursing staff. Repeat. If there is a delay, show new staff the best cafeteria on campus with the less-than-two-dollar sandwiches! The hardest part is hearing about a young cancer patient dying. The most enjoyable part is assisting new residents and nursing students to learn about the perioperative process.