Lucile Packard Children's Hospital

Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Employer Reviews

All 'bout location
rerferrals (Current Employee), californiaNovember 21, 2013
depends which dept you work for. best of luck to you! my co workers were the best part of my day. all about where you work. might get lucky and love your job or hate it.
Rewarding experience
Spanish Relief Medical Interpreter/Translator (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CASeptember 1, 2013
Pros: rewarding atmosphere, supportive department
Cons: insufficient hours for cost-of-living
I can honestly say that I love going to work each day for Interpreter Services at LPCH. Helping children and their families in very vulnerable situations by being the bridge of communication between them and the providers is immensely rewarding and satisfying. I can go home even after the hardest day and know that I have helped someone. Interpreter – more... Services management is supportive but also new to the department and there are of course growing pains that are slowly working themselves out.

Maybe one of the hardest parts of the job is being recognized as a professional. There is a feeling among many providers, especially those who may speak a little of a foreign language, that what we do can be done by anyone who has even the most cursory of language skills, and therefore they don't appreciate what you do. It often takes a provider making an egregious error simply because they felt that their beginning-level Spanish was sufficient to care for a child, to see that ours is an invaluable service. – less
Busy seven suite Operating Room with multiple services
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAJuly 21, 2013
Pros: great surgeons, fun co-workers
Cons: seeing sick kids
Brand new operating rooms with a lot of growing pains. New construction as we speak to add six more OR suites. Staff is a very close knit group that enjoy doing activities together during days off. The surgeons are among the best in the business and are great to work with. It is a very difficult place to work for the weak of heart, working with sick – more... children and knowing the outcomes can be very difficult to accept for some people but knowing that what we do will help their quality of life. Working with great surgeons and a great staff of peers. – less
Excellent Pediatric Hospital
Pediatric Full-Time Relief Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Stanford, CAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: cutting edge research and patient care
Cons: no breaks, expensive parking, constant construction, difficult to enter and long walks to depart
Seeking committed benefited local care coordination case management employment
Typical Day at work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAApril 18, 2013
Pros: amazing facility, knowledgeable medical and nursing staff.
Cons: constant lean methodology without effective communication.
Huddle-review information for the day, highlight special notes from management/education/infection control/celebrate accomplishments
Get Busy-organize supplies and equipment for the day after a review of the schedule.
Meet parents/patients, assess and confirm surgical process knowledge after handoff by pre op staff. Assist parents, patients, and anesthesia – more... staff with parent present induction. Assist surgical team during the procedure. Assist anesthesia staff with extubation/emergence. Handoff report to post anesthesia nursing staff. Repeat. If there is a delay, show new staff the best cafeteria on campus with the less-than-two-dollar sandwiches! The hardest part is hearing about a young cancer patient dying. The most enjoyable part is assisting new residents and nursing students to learn about the perioperative process. – less
LPCH
Research Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Hospital wideDecember 27, 2012
Pros: culture
Cons: work a lot!
Excellent institution with broad support for continuing education, consistent investment in growth of the individual, the team and the science, nested in a culture of innovation that is what makes LPCH the state of the art of human health meets healing.
Spiritually uplifting experience while working
ADministrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CANovember 27, 2012
Pros: it fit into my part-ime schedule well
The short time that I was there. I enjoyed the environment and the people there very much.
Health care
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CANovember 2, 2012
Cons: healthcare
Worked as a BA to provide Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital with a more effective way to identify and processes underpaid accounts and maximize its revenue stream. Many of these accounts had complex contract terms with stop-loss provisions.
Productive enjoyable co-workers and staff
Executive Assistant - Contract Employee (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAOctober 27, 2012
Pros: access to good reliable transportation
Cons: healthcare
Productive enjoyable workplace, helpful co-workers, open respectful management team. I experienced nothing but positive feedback with respect to questions and information given to perform my assignment effectively.
Great teaching hospital
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee), Stanford, CASeptember 27, 2012
This is where I completed my senior preceptorship in Labor and Delivery.

About Lucile Packard Children's Hospital

Welcome to Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital. With over 650 physicians and 4750 staff support and volunteers, Packard Children's – Read more